Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thank You! Iraqi Dinar Return To Former Glory

Didn't know where else to put this.

I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of meaningful discussion posts available on initial post pages simply due to the overwhelming amount of posts saying only "thank you" to the thread poster.

This is extremely bad forum etiquette and shouldn't be allowed.

I'm lookin' at you, Sandfly…

Can forum admins please look into just including a "Thank You!" button next to the plus and minus to keep people from feeling that need to needlessly thank the original poster EVERY post?

And please make it so mods will remove posts that don't add to the discussion or contain only "thanks" or "thank you".

Much appreciated.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 10

My take:  He's in Afghanistan. I believe this is an outlet for him.  God Bless Him. There was a period where he wasn't posting, about two weeks.  I was very worried about him.  If he throws things out order, I can be big enough to get over it, and it gives me comfort he's safe.

I'm not saying in ungrateful for his service or anything but just clicking thank button is better and less of a space hog than making a post just to say thank you. But it's not just him other people do it too, probably in a sense because they see him and a few others habitually do that.

It was just a suggestion though…

I can deal with it. I'm just being a drama king.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

I'm not saying in ungrateful for his service or anything but just clicking thank button is better and less of a space hog than making a post just to say thank you. But it's not just him other people do it too, probably in a sense because they see him and a few others habitually do that.

Its an idea.  This isn't the first time we've received complaints about the "Thank You's". and it is something we've been discussing in the moderator forum.

• Upvote 3

WEL T, JUST BECAUSE I DONT SAY ANYTHING, DONT MEAN ANY THING. I SAY THANKS, BECAUSE THE MODS DO ALOT FOR US. THEY KEEP US IN TOUCH WITH WHATT IS GOING ON OVER THERE. I DONT BASH ANY BODY ON HERE. I DO READ EVERY THING I SAY THANKS TO. BUT I WILL BASH YOU FOR KNOWING THAT. EVERY BODY KNOWS HERE ME.  ANY THING YOU HAVE TOO SAY, SAY IT TO ADAM, THE CLOWN, YOTA, AND KNIGHT. I SAY THANKS FOR WHAT THEY DO FOR US. THATS MORE THEN YOU DO.

You know more than those 4 Sandfly.  You have many friends here.  I noticed recently that you were not posting your normal response and then I noticed that you were in Afghanistan.  I too was a little concerned.  But I knew you'd come back.  Good luck and "Thank you" for your service.

No pun intended. That's your tagline.

• Upvote 11

WEL T, JUST BECAUSE I DONT SAY ANYTHING, DONT MEAN ANY THING. I SAY THANKS, BECAUSE THE MODS DO ALOT FOR US. THEY KEEP US IN TOUCH WITH WHATT IS GOING ON OVER THERE. I DONT BASH ANY BODY ON HERE. I DO READ EVERY THING I SAY THANKS TO. BUT I WILL BASH YOU FOR KNOWING THAT. EVERY BODY KNOWS HERE ME.  ANY THING YOU HAVE TOO SAY, SAY IT TO ADAM, THE CLOWN, YOTA, AND KNIGHT. I SAY THANKS FOR WHAT THEY DO FOR US. THATS MORE THEN YOU DO.

Well, I guess that put me in my place then.

I've seen you post more than "thank you" in the past so I know you have things to say.

And I know you do post more than just thank you on occasion.

That's why all the thank you posts get so annoying.

We get you're thankful to them and everyone. I just am saying in my opinion it doesn't make sense to keep posting that when we already know. But I'm not trying to tell you what to post or not. Go ahead and continue posting how and what you want.

Don't get all mad at me because I call something like I see it. It's my opinion.

And I am thankful for this medium to talk about dinar with people. Thankful to everyone here. Even you.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

My take:  He's in Afghanistan. I believe this is an outlet for him.  God Bless Him. There was a period where he wasn't posting, about two weeks.  I was very worried about him.  If he throws things out order, I can be big enough to get over it, and it gives me comfort he's safe.

We all were worried about him in those 2 weeks.

TQueezy....Don't worry... Be happy...

Doesn't seem that big of a deal really... But I do respect your stance.  I guess it's one of those days where frustration about  the  "any-day-to-be-expected RV"  is  kinda high...Happens to all of us....Ciao.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

***///

Seeing TheSANDFLY's  signature "thank you" not only let's us know he's still out there & safe,

but also displays his fine manners in consistently displaying his appreciation for all the heavy

lifting some of our posters do here - bringing in the pertinent articles every day.

He takes the ribbing we give him over it, our jokes n' wise crackin' with a great sense of humour

and grace some here could learn from.

TheFLY has class... lotsa class. :tiphat:

We love OurFLY. :wub:  

'OlSarge'sGals have been known to run a thread off the rails here,

at times taking innocent victims who join in the 'fun' along with us ! :P

We often get a pass because we think age & rank have it's privilege... :lol: 

even though it may just be that others here need the comedy relief, too,

or just out of respect for our beloved and sorely missed 'OlSarge.

Our filters fell off years ago and we talk too much, use far too many icons  :backflip:  colour up our text,

dance on the edge of indecency and tastelessness, and are cranky old ladies sometimes.

We appreciate all those here who display tolerance for others.  :) "Thank you" for that.  :D

SO "Thank you" FLY, for being you,

for all you do for Truth, Justice and The American Way out there in a dangerous world and

most of all,

for showing up just to say "Thanks" and to put our hearts - that care for you - at ease...!

• Upvote 17

"Sandfly" Sandfly....and to the rest of those who have a problem with an active military man being "thankful" for one more breath, one more day, or one more post read...so you don't get your panties in a knot put yourself in his boots for a moment and have a little patience...I'm sure having to exert yourself so much to scroll past his greatful post won't kill you...really, trust me on that one!!!

In the meantime the rest of us will enjoy his company...and his reminder in every "thank you" that life is a precious thing...something worth being greatful for!!! :)

Gals...you nailed it again..."Sandfly"!!!

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 13

Grazie

• Upvote 1

AMEN,HALLELUJAH, CAN I GET A WITNESS SSSS YEA!

PREACH IT BROTHER.

OH, AND THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU........

• Upvote 5

id have to agree with you if it is an outlet for him im ok with it.  We all cope with things differently.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4

I am out of pluses......but each of us have left a mark on this forum. I wold be upset if I was no longer allowed to post any cat pictures. We are all missed and worry about each other when there has not been a log in for a while...we worried about the gals, we worry about Bamagirl (who is fine..spoke with her the other day), our prayers are with Rayzur knowing she is serving at the moment, and we all worried about flyhi when the storms made quite a challenge for him. 

I remember after not hearing a "sandly thanks" we even started a thread asking for him to surface.

We all bring something to the table. I am glad we have a sandfly...and I appreciate all he brings.....no matter how small at times.

SANDFLY!!!!

• Upvote 9

id have to agree with you if it is an outlet for him im ok with it.  We all cope with things differently.

Some with sports, some with booze, some with drugs, some with sex.......Some with music......Some with all of that....and more....

Edited by umbertino

Mr Sandfly, I just want to say THANK YOU for all that you do, you have my respect sir and I hope one day I can personally shake your hand. I am a Canadian living here in Mexico and have not seen things that you have or have I ever been in the military. Anyone that can do what you do sir has my profound gratitude in this life and the next.

May you continue to be safe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU

• Upvote 4

Sandfly...thanks for what you do and where you are. If God were to give the earth an enema, the nozzle would go where you are!  You're a good sport to take all the ribbing...thanks for being there, and as always, keep your head down and your powder dry! Ignore those who only wish to bash...

• Upvote 1

I am out of pluses......but each of us have left a mark on this forum. I wold be upset if I was no longer allowed to post any cat pictures. We are all missed and worry about each other when there has not been a log in for a while...we worried about the gals, we worry about Bamagirl (who is fine..spoke with her the other day), our prayers are with Rayzur knowing she is serving at the moment, and we all worried about flyhi when the storms made quite a challenge for him. 

I remember after not hearing a "sandly thanks" we even started a thread asking for him to surface.

We all bring something to the table. I am glad we have a sandfly...and I appreciate all he brings.....no matter how small at times.

SANDFLY!!!!

Ran out of pluses myself... Owe you for this great post ( one of many) of yours. Grazie.

• Upvote 3