Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HELP!!!!!

Big Newby

I think I'm pretty savvy, but I'm stumped and need some help.  I've been reading about dropping zero's -- three zeros, six zeros, etc.  And I've looked trying to find on DV a clarification thread and cannot.  If it's there, please point me in that direction and I'd greatly appreciate it.  Or if you can simply clarify it here, please do. 

Here's how my dilemma goes:

Dinar -- I've heard "dropping three zeros from the bill," and "dropping three zeros after the decimal point in the exchange rate with the dollar."  As far as value goes, dropping three zeros from the bills doesn't change value.  Dropping three zeros in the exchange rate would make a dinar worth about $.86.  Has there been any announcement anywhere about this?  If so, what is it and where can I find it?  And if there hasn't been, I'd love to hear folks opinions (or those of others you can reference) as to how this is going to look.

Zimbabwe Dollar -- Dropping six zeros then revaluing at an exchange rate of $.15.  I'm struggling with the feasibility of this.  I have a handful of 300 million Zimbabwe notes.  In that scenario, each of those would be worth $45 million.  While I'd really like that to be true, I cannot fathom how this could be funded

Dong -- I've heard similar stories.

Can you help me understand this?  Or is this going to be another one of those unanswerable mysteries in Dinar Land?

HELP!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

Hello Big ! I wouldn't worry about it, seriously there is no precedence for Iraq and by the time we figure it all out, it will all be over ! Just enjoy the ride, stay away from the negative nellies, lopsters, and anybody that wants to rain on your parade ! :twothumbs:  And the truth is no one knows what the CBI is going to do until they pull the trigger. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

What I wanna know is will they:

a. drop the 3 zeroes from the rate - making our dinar worth mucho money. :)              

b. drop the 3 zeres from the currency - making our dinar worth basicly what we paid for it. :(

Edited by gymrat76541

What I wanna know is will they:

a. drop the 3 zeroes from the rate - making our dinar worth mucho money. :)              

b. drop the 3 zeres from the currency - making our dinar worth basicly what we paid for it. :(

That's the whole point... Always has been... And again I'd rather  see  an exchange in the cents range  (0.10 and up.....0.20,0.30 etc) than  up to a buck or more which would very highly increase the chance of a lop (castration of zeros)....JMHO

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

To me, as long as I have been in this, (over 8 years) the delete the zeros has always meant to take the zeros off the currency. To me, this means the currency will have to increase in value that the three 0 notes will go away just as the 1000 and 10,000 US notes went away.

Wm13

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1