Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trinity's Take - Simplified Explanation of what the CBI is doing

Thanks

I read the article wrong the first time

The CBI has decided to finance the state budget with a loan of six trillion dinars, through the operation of 50% of the deposited by commercial banks reserves has, and the repurchase of treasury bonds from the secondary market.

According to a statement of the bank it will buy about five trillion dinars, of which the first stage, and then to run 50% of reserves deposited by commercial banks has, and re-buy Treasury bonds from the secondary market, that these measures do not affect your Bantrza reserve in excess of $ 70 billion, the financial support of the budget and try to reduce the deficit. As well as enable them to provide housing and real estate loans for industrialists and farmers, support economic activity and job creation.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz3ROZimBAs

Ok so the cbi is loaning the goi money to pay for the budget

It's borrowing some of the comercial bank deposits and selling bonds to raise the money to loan the govt

I read it wrong the first time

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/195339-cbi-boosting-liquidty/#ixzz3RObeXMoy

just keep in mind that the cbi cannot directly loan money to the goi.  it is against its policy to do so.  but it can loan money to the goi indirectly by buying government bonds from the private banks.  

THANK YOU TrinityeXchange! Ive enjoyed your input...keep bringing it!!

thank you my friend

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2013/12/26/000461832_20131226124146/Rendered/INDEX/ICR30250P1133300disclosed0120230130.txt

I was reading about all that has been accomplished in the last 9 years

Quite a bit getting thru the basil requirements , building reserves, building the oil industry , fighting the wars it wasn't till 2013 that the U.S. soldiers left Maliki didn't have an easy task , even then they say the us pulled out to early , and since they have been under attack again

Paying off the state bank debts and restructuring of the banking system in iraq

All marks seemed satisfactory

It's a work in progress since 2006 and have finally reached this plateau

It's like roofing your house

Ya don't just go roof your house

Lots of things need to be I place and I believe a lot of the ground work was laid over the last 9 years

If you need a roof you better get a ladder

You better have nails

You need shingles

You need transportation to achieve this

You need finances

You need a hammer

You need a nail bag

You need the shingles on the roof

You need tar paper

Ya don't just roof the house

Iraq accomplished what it could in the time period

I believe abadi is picking up where maliki left off

Other wise there was a lot of cheering going on over the past few years for no reason

Heck they called the rv every 20 minutes under maliki

There is no way nothing was done and abadi did all this since November

But still , incompetence doesn't mean he should be hung

I was really looking for the corruption issues everyone blindly attaches to maliki

I always have said you were one of the most intelligent people who come thru and still think the same

Thanks

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3

Thank you Trinity for taking the time to explain everything...that was greatly appreciated! Also, thanks for mentioning about the stocks. I didn't realize there were any options in ISX right now because last I heard Warka had become a joke. I'll definitely take a peak through the ISX section. :)

Thanks Trinity,

This articles basically saying the same thing as you.

Blessings in Disguise for Iraqi Stock Market

Posted on 11 February 2015 .

By John Lee.

The continuing was against the Islamic State (IS, ISIS, ISIL), coupled with the decline in oil prices, have reportedly made Iraqi regulators and government more receptive to reforms that would strengthen the economy and the stock market, according to an article in UAE-based The National.

Shwan Taha, head of Rabee Securities, has been pushing for reforms to the stock exchange (ISX) for some years, including the establishment of a custodian bank, and says that the authorities seem to be finally listening:

“The government has to balance the budget, and we are seeing serious efforts towards reforming the country – in both Baghdad and Kurdistan. These reforms would never have been talked about seriously unless there had been a steep decline in the oil price. So this is a blessing in disguise.”

Geoffrey Batt, a US-based fund manager at Euphrates Advisors, agreed, arguing that lower oil prices had forced Iraqi politicians to think seriously about increasing capital formation and stimulating economic growth.

He said that politicians are now open to discussing the privatisation of state-owned banks and utilities, providing tax incentives for private companies that list on the ISX, and establishing a third-party custodian bank:

“The ISX has the potential to attract $10bn-plus of capital into the country if it is properly utilised. At $100 oil, the government could afford to neglect the exchange’s potential. At $50 oil, they have to take it seriously.”

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2015/02/11/blessings-in-disguise-for-iraqi-stock-market/

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

TrinityX,

All we have to do is be ready to double down just prior to the flood gate opening up. They have been pretty strategic in this whole thing. With the impending "money controls" on the US Dollar, things are warming up nicely. I might just have to go a buy some butter and prepare to cook.

• Upvote 2

good point DL.  we have given abadi a lot of credit for transforming iraq these last 3 months (or however short the period) but perhaps we really should give more credit to the pressures forcing reformation.  as far as maliki goes though, i am grateful that he is not at the helm during this crisis.  i am pretty certain he would not perform at the level of abadi.  when you are the head of defense and your soldiers are deserting the battle field, it is a direct reflection on your leadership.  what happened to those kids at Stryker is unforgivable.  maliki sacrificed those people.

but this conversation is neither here or there.  maliki is out and good riddance.  we are seeing the potential to actually turn a profit and we should all be happy.  don't you agree?

• Upvote 3

Yes trinity

Pressure

That's how they got the kurds to stop stealing oil

Like it or not maliki and the oil ministry unified iraqi oil ,"hopfully" by extreme political pressure they cut em out of the budget , but only after trying to talk to them for years and getting no where

The banking system has been going thru reforms since 2006

Wto since 2003

Things eventually get to a position where the next step can be applied

The entire country was up against many road blocks for the last 12 years

They took time to get thru them

But ya can't roof the house till the house is in place

As things are unfolding ya got to remember these are along time coming and the ground work isn't glamourous but it's necessary

I personally won't blame maliki , I'll blame the power grab infighting of parliment and blocs

The trible war and the clerics are just as much to blame if not more to blame

I do see more and more things unfolding but just because a package is on my door step doesn't mean it just appeared there

Allawi was pm for a couple years

Why didn't he get blamed for the mess in iraq

And there's going to be many things in progress when abadi is gone and I'm sure there will be critics especially when they are approaching the next election cycle

I don't think maliki was a genious nor do I think any of them are , I think you could do a much better job over there than they can

Time will tell if they decide to get along and build a market economy we have heard this in the past but maybe the ground work wasn't inplace for it to work

Let's hope it is or at least close enough to advance what they have

• Upvote 3

I personally won't blame maliki , I'll blame the power grab infighting of parliment and blocs

The trible war and the clerics are just as much to blame if not more to blame

So out of the clear blue sky, suddenly all the blocs decided to work together with Abadi, but not Maliki. The only reason Maliki took care of the oil business was because even that fool could see where the money to embezzle was going to come from. And then he barricaded himself in the green Zone to protect what he saw as his... not Iraq's. Why he even refused to give the jet airplane back to the goverment stating Iran gave it to him, not Iraq... The man is a very selfish and far from being a statesman. Abadi on the other hand was thrown into a situation that way out of control and agreed to do what he could to fix it. He isn't forcing Parliment to show up to vote. These guys are now actually showing up because they can see their presence there is both welcome and their voices are heard! Together they are working, and together they are changing Iraq's future, in ways Maliki never even imagined.... He had the power to do the same and abused it DL.... IMHO.

• Upvote 2

So out of the clear blue sky, suddenly all the blocs decided to work together with Abadi, but not Maliki. The only reason Maliki took care of the oil business was because even that fool could see where the money to embezzle was going to come from. And then he barricaded himself in the green Zone to protect what he saw as his... not Iraq's. Why he even refused to give the jet airplane back to the goverment stating Iran gave it to him, not Iraq... The man is a very selfish and far from being a statesman. Abadi on the other hand was thrown into a situation that way out of control and agreed to do what he could to fix it. He isn't forcing Parliment to show up to vote. These guys are now actually showing up because they can see their presence there is both welcome and their voices are heard! Together they are working, and together they are changing Iraq's future, in ways Maliki never even imagined.... He had the power to do the same and abused it DL.... IMHO.

in maliki's defense (can't believe i just said that....and i just threw up a little bit in my mouth...ack  :wacko:  ) he was doing nothing different than what is common practice in that region.  he was taking care of his tribe/family/sect.  the stories i read about what sadam did to maliki's loved ones is horrendous.  for him to in turn gain power means retribution and reckoning.  what one calls corruption another calls opportunity.  the perspective of right and wrong, with men, is generally determined by the ruling party.  

abadi on the other hand is a Reformer.  the eyes of a reformer peer further into the distance.  similar to a martin luther king who saw a brighter day for america against the accepted practice of the majority population in that day.  reformers don't come around everyday and that is what makes this time so cherished.  our hopes are aligned with a reformer.  the history books will remember abadi, maliki not so much.  but to compare the two is probably not quite fair, i am the first to admit my wrong.  

and so, i have decided to truly enjoy the possibilities of this new era for iraq.  a Reformer has appeared on the scene and within 4 months time we are seeing things that make our jaw drop.  Reformers appear to operate in divine direction.  they get things accomplished that typical men cannot.  we have truly been given the opportunity to partake in what some might not see in 3 lifetimes.  

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 3

Yes!!! I can't believe you said that !!! Your exactly right.

in maliki's defense (can't believe i just said that....and i just threw up a little bit in my mouth...ack :wacko: ) he was doing nothing different than what is common practice in that region. he was taking ncare of his tribe/family/sect.

Exactly what they all do , your right , they hang their picture on every street corner , build statues of themselves , exactly what barzani does in kurdistan , a lot of kurds hate him with a passion

Oh he wants control bad , barzani does , just like saddam

Maybe over the years we will see things evolve into something different

Maliki was a wind pipe too claiming to do everything under the sun for everyone everywhere

He was in the same situation his first 6 months in office

Except maliki was in a far worse situation when he took office and could hardly make a move without the usa jumping on his back

The shittes who had been ruled over by the sunnis for the last three decades finally got control , from the democracy and voting process they just took out allawi who they believe was put in by the coalition

He was the mastermind for the wmds in iraq to get the usa to invade

If you didn't think the Shia didn't want some kind of revenge for 30 years of torcher ,murder , then you weren't paying attention to iraq and your just here to try to collect money from them , I get that , so just step back and don't pretend your an expert

What's maliki supposed to lay down for the sunni Baathists ?

He's supposed to just give the kurds trillions of dollars of oil and millions of square miles of iraq as their own?

What ?

He won't ?

Well then these guys are going to raise he'll on him and his elected parliment

It was not maliki causing all those problems in iraq

You can now point the camera to the north and and anbar province

You can point it at al sadr

Maliki did it is one of the biggest guru bs I hear on dv

They all did it !!

And the shittes won!!

That's who did it

Now abadi has only been in control for 6 months

I'm sure he's just getting his bananas in a row and when he does you can start screaming about him too !!

He's a shitte

He's got people to answer to

And they aren't kurds or sunnis

Give him some time to get set up geez oh man

He could be the best one yet

A local hero

Edited by dontlop
  • Downvote 1

TrinityeX,

Thanks for the clarity you bring with your explanation of what is happening in IraqI!!!!

This is all so exciting for me and I am very happy for the poor souls who live in Iraq. I pray that their lives are made so much better when we are finally able to reap our rewards from this investment. :)

Maliki coukdnt build at the level of abadi nor will abadi be able to reform at the level of his successor

Each year they progress and lay the foundation for the next year

Maliki didn't have anything to work with but it seems abadi does

But abadi will run into road blocks to and things will take time

Especially with that bunch of dopes

Just so ya know I'm not talking to you or at you ,trinity , I'm just elaborating on that opening statement of that last post if yours

I been trying to make that point for years but it goes right over most people's heads

They just got to look around at where they are in iraq

It's been that way for thousands of years

Steal as much as you can and get the heck out of there

and so, i have decided to truly enjoy the possibilities of this new era for iraq. a Reformer has appeared on the scene and within 4 months time we are seeing things that make our jaw drop. Reformers appear to operate in divine direction. they get things accomplished that typical men cannot. we have truly been given the opportunity to partake in what some might not see in 3 lifetimes.

Agreed Trinity. Maliki is out and I can't believe we all still talk about him as much as we do. In my opinion, that would be giving him far too much credit one way or the other. The story unfolding before our eyes is the real headliner today! I am glad to say I am here to witness a great transformation in a goverment under great duress. Perhaps there is still hope for our own....
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Iraq relies on ports in neighbouring Kuwait for much of its non-oil trade. The mega port project is also part of a long-term plan to transform Iraq in to a logistics corridor between the Middle East and Europe. There are plans to reconstruct the colonial era railway linking the Gulf to Turkey.

'If Grand Faw port is completed it would be a major event for world transportation. We will shorten the time to reach Europe from 20 days to three or four,' Thani said

A very good utube that explains iraq market economy potential involving the new port

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gbtlpHuZWM

The latest on the port

http://www.emirates247.com/business/corporate/iraq-may-award-grand-faw-port-project-to-investors-2015-01-28-1.578397

It's years away for this to be completed

Then they will have the infrastructure to build a market economy

It's sad because I was hoping for this to be done by now

Watch the video trinity it's encouraging

I guess they can depend on kuwait to import for them

• Upvote 2

It's to bad they don't tell us in advance who's going to get the contracts to build the port

They say there's several interested party's but they are not releasing the names

If we knew we could buy stock in them and watch it rise after the news is public

I'm sure ole maliki made a fortune like that in eight years of hundreds of billions of contracts

I wonder who will be the highest bribe payers on the port

If your Dead Beat brother in law barrowed all your saving, you would still live fine on your current income. But when they cut your take home by 50% you find you need to dip into your savings. OOPS, it isn't there any longer, Old Dead Beat barrowed it. That is where the GOI is. Their Fall Back money is gone.

Statement issued by the Committee on Economic Affairs on private banks session

February 8, 2015 20:46 |  Number of views: 681Author: ipbl iraq

The official statement of the Committee on Economic Affairs on private banks session

Economic Commission for Refugees private sector held its second meeting on Tuesday, a brief summary 27.01.2015 headed by Deputy Prime Minister Dr. example, has typically Nuri Shaways and the membership of ministers (finance, oil, trade and industry and minerals) and Chairman of the National Investment Commission and the Governor of the Central Bank and Chairman of the Securities Commission and Economic Advisor to the Chairman of the Board Minister and Director General of the Legal Department of the Prime Minister and head of the Iraqi Association of private banks and the President of the Association of Iraqi economists and directors general's office in the Rafidain and Rasheed and the Iraqi Trade Bank (TBI) and member of the National Iraqi businessman and members of the Iraqi private banks, the Association Council, the Committee discussed the paper submitted by the Association of Iraqi banks on the development of the private banking sector, as the Economic Commission first took the initiative to work on private sector involvement in industrial decision and opinion on economic issues through the involvement of a wide range of non-governmental organizations dealing with the affairs of the private sector in the Economic Commission for the private sector. 

as confirmed Economic Commission for Refugees private sector the importance of the banking sector as an artery, which passes through all the economic and financial events, and if I want any country to apply there must be a well-developed banking system

The committee discussed all the problems and obstacles and solutions facing the banking sector and comes recommended :

1. Reconsider previous resolutions on non-deposit government funds with private banks according to the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance in order to restore confidence between the citizen and the banks own building. 

2. Requiring state departments to accept certified instruments issued by private banks and its receiving payments of taxes and fees and government compliance accounts stakeholders. 

2. Allow the deposit of the salaries of employees and retirees in private banks to be set controls the coordination between the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Iraq and the Association of private banks mechanisms to achieve ensuring the rights of depositors. 

3. Launch amounts of appropriations according to the contexts in force in the world and not suspended when Aotakherha support receipt. 

demand from the central bank and the banks and government study the possibility of lending to the private banks to finance small projects exclusively. 

4. The Trade Bank of Iraq to open lines of credit to the private banks under the supervision of the Central Bank of Iraq. 

5. Activating the role of the financial court, as provided by the Banking Act and not to resort to other courts. 

6. Demand from the central bank to study the possibility to take advantage of the legal reserve for private banks to grant investment loans from the reserve and under the supervision of the Central Bank of Iraq.

http://www.ipbl-iraq.org/%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D8%A4%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D9%88/

Thanks so much, Trinity!

• Upvote 4

Thanks TrinityX for the  wonderful post.  It was very informative and enlightening.  The things going on in Iraq are sickening.  Why can't they just arrest Maliki already and if they can't execute him at least encarcirate him and have a trial asap and then carry out the execution ASAP. period.  He cannot stay alive cause he will continue to try to to bring down the gov't again. 

• Upvote 1