Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar slowly falling (rising) on the Forex sites

I watch the USD/IQD on a realtime Forex site.

For the better part of 2 years the Dinar hovered around 1166-1162 with some occasionally drops to 1158.

However starting about a month ago I noticed the dinars value against the USD starting to

go up a little at a time... 1160, 1158, 1154, 1150, 1146, 1140...etc.

A few points every other day or so....  ???

A dropping Dinar number equates into a rising Dinar value against the USD.

Today I see the Dinar is listed as 1138.

Now from what I understood in the past is that these fluctuation in the value of the Dinar against the USD,

was actually a representation of the decline of the value of the USD. not an actual increase in the value of the Dinar. 

But a few things struck me as unusual with this latest Forex reported increase in the value of the Dinar.

First. If we are to believe the US Gov & the Fed. The value of the USD is supposed to be strengthening or going up.

The economy is all rosy and peaches & cream..... ya right !

If that were the case then the value of the FIXED Dinar on the Forex site should have been going down. Like 1166. 1170, 1174, 1176...etc. 

secondly, If the value of the USD is actually falling, like most of the rest of the world thinks it is, then the trend I am seeing on the Forex site.

is a true representation of the value of the Dinar against the USD, even though we can't trade or act on it.

I have never seen this sort of steady increase in the value of the Dinar on this Forex exchange site before.

yak

• Upvote 8

Yeah but tomorrow it will be  back to 1180.  I've been keeping an eye on it at other currency exchange sites.  Seems there are these swings from day to day.  However, only in the past couple of weeks have seen it go as high as 1138.  That's the highest I have personally seen.  I am by no means an expert at this, its just what I have observed. 

:lol: That's outrageous or they know something we don't.

-

I know! That's what I thought Mark. Strange also was the date available, 1/21/15. Bad thing was they are listing 25,000 notes at the same as always price. I'm wondering what's up. What you think Markinsa? Edited by Tripphood

I know! That's what I thought Mark. Strange also was the date available, 1/21/15. Bad thing was they are listing 25,000 notes at the same as always price. I'm wondering what's up. What you think Markinsa?

Maybe they're thinking a 1:10 or 1:100 RV? The smaller denom's will be worth that then??? :shrug:

-

I like that, a few years ago we would have been doing the happy dance the first time it moved at all.  I think we have all grown up a bit but just in case I'm doing a happy dance :backflip:

all of us have grown up ..except Thug!

I believe he still eats crayons or whatever this is

kid-eating-blue-crayon.jpg

• Upvote 5

1138 divided by 2 pips = 569 movements, x 2 day average intervals = 1138 days, divided by 365 days in a year = 3.12 years, + 324  weekend days = 4.01 years, + 120 days of Ramadan over that time = 4.34 years, + 6 months of miscellaneous Iraqi nonsense (benefit of the doubt) = 4.94 years or 1803.1 days = Christmas 2020, which in turn = Vegas for New Years 2021........easy peasy.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 6

the extra cost in the lower denoms is due to shipping , carrying etc  as to transport more of the lower denoms  is a increase in bulk

Come on now I'm going to have to call you on that one...at let's say 1164 a mil comes to $859.11 USD. Thats $1940.89 usd over the current rate. Who would pay 2800 for 1 mil when they could get 3,259,200 dinar for the same price?

Edited by Snatcher