Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jason had his plane high in the clouds a few moments after takeoff and there it was again just as every time before, another mission, another storm. Dang, it it rains every dang time we are in the air, seems like storms wait for me to come up here. Dan, Jason's co pilot looked over at him and could see the disgust in his face. The storm was a little more ferce than some of the others but the crew was talking and laughing making the best of it.

All of a sudden Jason blurted out, i wished i had a fighter jet, one fof those sleek speedy one's, i could slip right through this cloud fast and maybe get into some dogfights and go down in history. "You really think so, you really think it would make you famous. Look at it this way, this might be a big old slow bomber but look at the destruction she can deliver and look at the strength she has. This old gal is just as important. He knew jason backward and forward because they were like brothers and they had sit beside each other on many dangerous missions together.

One time a foreign fighter got a lucky shot and hit Jason in the arm and Dan had to fly the old bomber back to base. Maybe this was the start of his attitude, he wouldn't admit it but he wanted payback. Dan told Jason, and look if we didn't have this big old plane we wouldn't be so lucky as to have a fabulous crew to keep us company. Jason just looked at Dan and said, "Lucky" all they do is annoy me and they like it. Dan said, "They  do it because they love you man....we are all brothers of this plane, we are one with it".

All Jason could think of was another storm, another mission on a slow bomber and why wouldn't they give him a chance to pilot a fighter. He wanted to be useful, to make a difference in a war that seemed to drag on. He just knew that if could win some medals in a dogfight high in the air, this would bring him comfort. Jason continued his missions flying with his miserable attitude and daydreaming about what his life would be like if he was one.

Dan chose to take a different approach, he flew his missions as Jason's co pilot and was thankful that he could help get the old bomber and all the lives entrusted to him back home without being shot out of the sky. He also knew that putting others safety along with his own was fimportant to.

All of a sudden the plane flew out of the towering storm cloud and right before their eyes was a beautiful rainbow. Dan grinned real big and said, "Isn't that a beautiful sight, one of God's little gifts he painted just for us". Jason shrugged his shoulder's looked at Dan. Jason's heart was so filled with discontent, he couldn't see anything good outside of what he wanted.....he had forgot about God saving his life in the air and the fact that God has kept him safe while doing his job.

Rejoice in everything...Rejoice for evermore

In everything gives thanks for all is what God allows

Moral is this: Jason could not see because of so much discontent. This is what he chose instead of seeing the good in things. Dan made the best of what was given for him to do because he knows that each mission they went on could be the last and he always took a moment to thank God each time they brought the plane to a halt.

• Upvote 2