Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rumored...one of the main hurdles to RV finally settled.

Luigi1

from other sources...

Good news for our investment in Iraq. The last remaining hurdle to implimentation of the Strategic Framework Accord.

06-12-2014-Ambassator Jones-US troops guaranteed immunity in Iraq.

Ambassador Stuart Jones said “Iraq’s Prime Minister has given the assurances that we need from the government on privileges for growing number of troops.”

“The US has reached an agreement with Iraq on privileges and immunities for the growing number of troops based in the country, helping in the fight against the Islamic State ISIL militant group,” the new US ambassador said to the Guardians on Thursday.

Go RV.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

US Ambassador: We have reached an agreement with the Iraqi government to grant legal immunity of our troops in the war on Daash

December 5, 2014 radronin

Rate This

US Ambassador: We have reached an agreement with the Iraqi government to grant legal immunity of our troops in the war on Daash

Friday, 05 December 1 / ديسمبر 2014 thirteen past three p.m.

(Baghdad Ambassador News)Said the new US ambassador to Iraq, Stuart Jones, that the United States had reached an agreement with the Iraqi government on giving the privileges and immunities of the growing number of American troops stationed there, thus helping in the fight against militants Daash terrorist organization in Iraq.

Jones said in comments carried by the statements newspaper The Guardian] British, Friday, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi gave assurances that US forces would get immunity from prosecution

which was a major point of contention during the presence of the former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in office , which ultimately led to the decision to withdraw all US forces in late 2011. “

He said: “It was a different attitude, and these forces have a different role, and we have assurances that we need from the Iraqi government on the privileges and immunities,

and this is at the heart of the official written communications between the two governments, and an agreement of strategic framework of cooperation, which is the legal basis also of our partnership.”

Jones confirmed that US forces are working away from the front lines, where their work is limited to launch air strikes, and the exchange of information and advice to Iraqi forces and help them and train them.

The Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari said in front of the House of Representatives in 16 of the last month of October that “the legal immunity granted under the law is passed in the parliament has not been granted to any Ajunbah.a forces

----This is the link I have for this article but it doesn't seem to work... http://assafirnews.net/index.php/201…-12-13-45.html

• Upvote 6

Luigi - fixed the ruby.

V-star, I'm not sure I understand what you were saying. While I disagree that a Status of Forces Agreement is "last remaining hurdle" (I'm sure that there will be more hurdles), the SOFA is important to Iraq as it shows their people and the world that the coalition has a desire to help the Iraqis with their security. The current government is not afraid to let foreigners in their country to help with security and their security is another important piece to the whole RV puzzle. Al-Maliki, IMO, thought he could get away with robbing the country blind if the US wasn't there to keep him under their thumb. Maliki did, also in my opinion, did rob the country but he hasn't gotten away with it. It's all about Iraq's security.

Thanks Deborah for the article.

Emeralds all the way around!

• Upvote 4

Luigi - fixed the ruby.

V-star, I'm not sure I understand what you were saying. While I disagree that a Status of Forces Agreement is "last remaining hurdle" (I'm sure that there will be more hurdles), the SOFA is important to Iraq as it shows their people and the world that the coalition has a desire to help the Iraqis with their security. The current government is not afraid to let foreigners in their country to help with security and their security is another important piece to the whole RV puzzle. Al-Maliki, IMO, thought he could get away with robbing the country blind if the US wasn't there to keep him under their thumb. Maliki did, also in my opinion, did rob the country but he hasn't gotten away with it. It's all about Iraq's security.

Yes...there are many hurdles to overcome but a SOFA agreement in it's completion will allow Iraq to completely meet all requirments to end the Strategic Framework Accord.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Luigi - fixed the ruby.

This wouldn't be the SOFA KING agreement, would it ??

some one  has  forgotten ,  that  the dinar , re-value isn`t  for  any one    but  for Iraq !   why  would  this  top article  have any  specifics  due  too dinar ?     thanks   Deborah lane  for the last post here  

Some more comfirmation that the Stategic Framework Accord must be met before Iraq can fully exit the articles of of sactions and be independant. Iraq has only been relieved of some of the artilces of Chapter 8. Just IMO that the Accord is the  key to our RV.

Dinar Iraq & Dong Vietnam:IRAQ IS MOVING TO ENTER A MARKET ECONOMY OF TRADE WITH THE WORLD. THIS WILL BE WITH THE ACTIVATION OF STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK AGREEMENTS. 

THIS IS WORLD TRADE WHICH REQUIRES A REALITY RATE AND INTERNATIONAL COMPLIANCE WITH ALL TRADE LAWS RESPECTED. 

THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD ARE OPENLY COMPETING FOR TRADE AGREEMENTS DUE TO THE HUGE OPPORTUNITY IN IRAQ`S ECONOMIC REFORM.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2