Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BMO Bank May Be Dealing In Dinar In The Future - Yep another bnak story

rulesforrebels

Okay, so I have a bank story. Before you all tune out nothing crazy about numbers on the screens or anything like that and really nothign definitive but did find it refreshing.

Was inline at a BMO bank the other day, bank of montreal I think its called formerly harris bank. I don't have an account there but had gotten a check issued by their bank so was cashing it. The gentelment in front of me was tryin to sell them various foreign currencies from vacations along with some Iraqi Dinar mixed in. The tell took pretty much evertyhing but the Dinar and some money from like norway or something like that.

I overheard him asking about why they didn't take the Dinar. She said they only dealt with a handful of currencies and typically no thte more rare or exotic ones as there isn't as much demand. She did however say in branch meetings tellers were all voicing to management a large number of customer requests and questions and basically kind of left it as a possibility it may be something they would deal with in the future. I think its not a decision they can make at a branch level from what she was saing corporate or something would need to give the okay to make that a currency they can buy in or request.

NOthing concrete or groundbreaking with this story but in the past anytime I heard Dinar mentioned in a bank it was dealt with with a stern no and kind of a dont bother us with that crap attitude so this was a little better.

• Upvote 9

I think as with any business if there is a lot of requests for something they will look at the feasibility of it. Banks are probably different as the regulations are different but any good business will listen to their customers. IMO that is what that meeting was about and not so much that they may know something!

• Upvote 2

I think as with any business if there is a lot of requests for something they will look at the feasibility of it. Banks are probably different as the regulations are different but any good business will listen to their customers. IMO that is what that meeting was about and not so much that they may know something!

Yeah good point. I don't think there's any laws or regulations prohibiting the banks from doing so. HOnestly I think its some people abusing it that ruin it for the rest of us. Same thing happens with coins. I used to be into buying boxes of half dollars and sorting for silver coins. Generally teh banks didn't have a problme wtih it, I would only go to banks I had accounts at and would try to spread the coins around to different branches or use them instead of sorting and dumping all them back on the bank I got them at.

Well of course same situation a few bad apples ruined it for everyone. The banks were getting so sick of customers setting up accounts just to buy and dump coins that they for a while started charging customers fees to order coins and later stopped it altogether.

I think same thing happens with the DInar. Someone reports on a site such and such bank is selling it. People go to inquire and are told only account holders so they open an account they are never going to use and just use the bank to order DInar. It costs banks a couple hundred bucks per brinsk delivery just to get foreign money in for someoen who's not keeping money there or using their services and they get annoyed.

Thats just my take on it but who knows.

ylfdnaS you. This one is more realistic than any Bank story I have read in 5 years. Or however long I have been on this site. I would have tried to buy this persons dinar for fricking cheap.

Great minds think alike lol. I was going to but wound up going to a differnet teller and he was already pulling away once I got to the parking lot. I'm really not in the market to buy any but if the price is right probably would have.

• Upvote 2