Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SEATTLE’S MINIMUM WAGE CRASH: $15 to ZERO! Profits Tumble!

Jax.... :tiphat::twothumbs:

Jax and Mods, I think I accidently reported Jax.  How in the world I did, if I did is beyond me.  Sorry for my clumsy fingers. 

:eyebrows: As long as you report the good stuff... I'm honored, Patty dear! :)

• Upvote 1

Alas, it isn't that simple in Seattle.  The $15 an hour hasn't completely happened yet, as it will be gradually raised over a two year period (I think...), and the size of the business has something to do with when the rates apply.  

This madness may be coming to a town/state near you soon, as the complete folly will not hit their economy all at once.  

If YOUR local progressive leaders even SUGGEST interfering with your economy by injecting huge doses of government, don't be shy.  Stand up and make them listen!

(Still, it should be a LOT of laughs watching another epic fail....stay tuned!)

I was so happy when this measure passed in Seattle, and not my town.  

They deserve this, and it's gonna be a real hoot to watch.

Next they will vote in communists

First they had to destroy free enterprise then install commies

After that they will need a dictator to assign them their jobs and education levels

Yes I would love to see the idiots that vote for this really suffer for a couple generations then their children will never know the differance cause they never knew anything else

That's why the teachers are included in the unions across America

The actors unions play a big part

Ever work in a union ?

If YA did I'm sure there's some Union members that you had to carry every day thru your labor

YA don't work YA don't eat is the best motto

Send them out to pasture

Fah kem

• Upvote 1

Labor and Industries, or Workman's comp in some states, is also going up next year in WA. The amount depends on the industry.I know right now for the logging industry, it is $18 an hour for the employer, and $2 an hour for the employee. $18 an hour is more than some employees make! Really makes me mad that the state thinks it deserves more an hour than someone out there doing a very dangerous job. Also, it's really hard to explain to an employee that makes $15 an hour, which is really $13 because of L&I, to work like you're making $35, because that's what it's costing you to employ them. I've also have been in the restaurant business for 35 years. Just quit because minimum wage is going up another 15 cents in Jan. to $9.47. My wages, since I was in Management, hasn't gone up in six years. The servers in the state of WA get paid minimum wage. So the owner can't afford to give the kitchen crew a raise because the servers wage goes up every year.