Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KRG Cut A Deal With GOI

Nadita

Don't shoot me :)  CNBC just announced KRG cut a deal with Baghdad and oil price dropped to a 4 year low.  Do I have article to back it up..? no :)  but the writing from guru Tim724 is close to the news.  

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/190608-baghdad-and-erbil-agree-on-oil-view/

Edited by Nadita
  • Upvote 5

weird how all this is coming, just saw another article saying keystone is back on the talks also

:shrug:

Yep.. oil price will go lower and lower and I guess it will go to a few years ago at $40/barrel.. it is predicted if OPEC is not cutting oil production, oil price can reach $50/barrel  - good for all of us.. we will see gas price below $2.00/gallon

• Upvote 1

This is what Tim724 says :)

11-13-2014   Newshound Guru tlm724   Article:  "Kurdistan Regional Government approves draft law to regulate the management of oil wealth and oil revenues and fund resources"  Quote:  "they relate to discuss and approve the 'oil and gas resources in the Fund Kurdistan Region of Iraq Law' where Satzhb entire oil and gas revenues in the Kurdistan Region to this fund.  After extensive discussions and observations put forward by the Minister, was ratified this law, also decided to allocate it to the Parliament."  they have finally worked out the details!!  it is happening before our eyes. All these points have been well received, there is a mutual understanding between Baghdad and Kurdistan and this will lead to ratification of the HCL...they have come to an understanding with Baghdad ...Just amazing! 

• Upvote 3

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/11/13/kurdish-region-says-it-has-reached-oil-budget-deal-with-iraqi-government/

Iraqi Kurds say oil deal reached with Baghdad
Published November 13, 2014

BAGHDAD –  The Iraqi federal government and the Kurdish regional government in northern Iraq have reached an agreement Thursday over longstanding oil and budget disputes that for months have created a rift between the two sides.

The government in Irbil, the capital of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region, agreed to sell 150,000 barrels of oil per day to the federal government in return for a one-time payment of $500 million, the Kurdish government said in a statement on its official website.???

Earlier this year, Baghdad cut the 17 percent of the state budget that is supposed to go to the Kurdish region -- which in 2013 totaled about $12 billion, according to Minister of Finance Hoshyar Zebari. The central government withheld the funds after the Kurds began transporting oil from fields inside the autonomous zone to Turkey against Baghdad's wishes. The Kurdish government says it needs that money to meet its growing security demands, particularly amid the current fight against the Islamic State group, and to pay public-sector employees and fund much-needed infrastructure development

"We hope for improvement from here," Sharko Jawdat, a lawmaker in the Kurdish parliament and member of the Kurdish parliament's oil committee, said in an interview. "There should be a legal solution to these problems."

The Kurds and Baghdad have feuded for years over a host of issues, chief among them the rights to oil resources in the north and disputed territory. Yet, they have also found room for compromise, and the Kurds provided critical backing to help former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki become prime minister. Since his successor Haider al-Abadi came to power in October, the Kurds have pushed for a quick resolution, saying they will give him three months to resolve the outstanding dispute or they would boycott his government.

"There have been concessions made by both sides," Zebari, a veteran Kurdish politician, told The Associated Press. "But it is a big breakthrough. We've worked very hard on this agreement to bring both sides to a point of reason."

Moving this to News section :woot:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 7

This is what Tim724 says :)

11-13-2014   Newshound Guru tlm724   Article:  "Kurdistan Regional Government approves draft law to regulate the management of oil wealth and oil revenues and fund resources"  Quote:  "they relate to discuss and approve the 'oil and gas resources in the Fund Kurdistan Region of Iraq Law' where Satzhb entire oil and gas revenues in the Kurdistan Region to this fund.  After extensive discussions and observations put forward by the Minister, was ratified this law, also decided to allocate it to the Parliament."  they have finally worked out the details!!  it is happening before our eyes. All these points have been well received, there is a mutual understanding between Baghdad and Kurdistan and this will lead to ratification of the HCL...they have come to an understanding with Baghdad ...Just amazing! 

W :backflip: W

This is my opinion only :)

Iraq seems to push things through like the last minute touch ups before the party :

1) KRG cut a deal with GOI for oil export - meaning they agree on HCL.
2) Barzani is on his way to Baghdad to meet with Abadi to sign the documents.
3) Take the documents to the parliament floor, read it and vote on. 
4) Publish on Gazette.
5) Obama will not approve another 1600 hundred American advisers to train Iraqi forces if there is no urgency in cleaning up and securing the area. Hmm.. I say quality control.
6) Funny is after 1,400 American advisers arrived in Iraq to train Iraqi forces, Beiji is liberated and Mosul is once again under Iraq's flag with Mosul Mayor at his desk again.
7) Abadi said green zone will have no barrier  in coming days, it sounds like ISIS is under control.
8) I smell HCL on dessert plate.

9) Oh by the way, Abadi just put 26 armed forces officers on the chair... I say cleaning the house before the party.
10) 2015 budget can not be approved yet because rate has to be adjusted with oil price at $65/barrel

11) Iraq needs money to run the government, plus they need to balance the budget from deficit. 
12) Once all paperwork is on parliament floor and voted on, Abadi will nod and give "approval" to CBI to pull the trigger. 

I really like the three musketeers :) they make a good team and everyone is doing their job and showing the people of Iraq what true leaders are :)

Even though I am excited about HCL about done, I also have mixed feelings about it.  I am afraid HCL comes and goes and RV doesn't show up.  This investment is like a slot machine.. I put my money in hoping I will win a jackpot and if not, it has been a wild ride with ups and downs, dreams and reality.  

Do I regret getting myself into this investment..? nope.  Will I lose my money? yes and no.  Will I get rich from it? that's the intent when I bought into this investment.  Will I cry if not? I know what I got myself into.  If it busts, oh well.. I lost my money but I gained knowledge and friends.. If I hit a jackpot, well... I am glad I bought into it icon_smile.gif

Edited by Nadita
  • Upvote 3

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/11/13/kurdish-region-says-it-has-reached-oil-budget-deal-with-iraqi-government/

Iraqi Kurds say oil deal reached with Baghdad
Published November 13, 2014

BAGHDAD –  The Iraqi federal government and the Kurdish regional government in northern Iraq have reached an agreement Thursday over longstanding oil and budget disputes that for months have created a rift between the two sides.

The government in Irbil, the capital of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region, agreed to sell 150,000 barrels of oil per day to the federal government in return for a one-time payment of $500 million, the Kurdish government said in a statement on its official website.???

Earlier this year, Baghdad cut the 17 percent of the state budget that is supposed to go to the Kurdish region -- which in 2013 totaled about $12 billion, according to Minister of Finance Hoshyar Zebari. The central government withheld the funds after the Kurds began transporting oil from fields inside the autonomous zone to Turkey against Baghdad's wishes. The Kurdish government says it needs that money to meet its growing security demands, particularly amid the current fight against the Islamic State group, and to pay public-sector employees and fund much-needed infrastructure development

"We hope for improvement from here," Sharko Jawdat, a lawmaker in the Kurdish parliament and member of the Kurdish parliament's oil committee, said in an interview. "There should be a legal solution to these problems."

The Kurds and Baghdad have feuded for years over a host of issues, chief among them the rights to oil resources in the north and disputed territory. Yet, they have also found room for compromise, and the Kurds provided critical backing to help former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki become prime minister. Since his successor Haider al-Abadi came to power in October, the Kurds have pushed for a quick resolution, saying they will give him three months to resolve the outstanding dispute or they would boycott his government.

"There have been concessions made by both sides," Zebari, a veteran Kurdish politician, told The Associated Press. "But it is a big breakthrough. We've worked very hard on this agreement to bring both sides to a point of reason."

Moving this to News section :woot:

:cowboy2:

TG :)

Thank you :) you are da best :)

• Upvote 1

LATEST STATEMENTS

New York, 13 November 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the Agreement between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government on resolving the budget dispute

The Secretary-General welcomes the agreement reached between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government aimed at finding a solution to the issues related to the general budget and oil exports.

He congratulates Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Kurdistan Regional Government's Prime Minister Nechervan  Barzani for the willingness to negotiate and conclude agreements that are in the interest of the Iraqi people.

The Secretary-General encourages the Federal and Regional authorities to build on this important first step and to solve all remaining outstanding issues within the framework of the Constitution. The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq stands ready, within its mandate, to continue supporting this process.

http://www.un.org/sg/statements/index.asp?nid=8190