Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Morning News Summaries by Aggiedad77 at KTFA - 10/23/2014

Thursday Morning News Summaries by Aggiedad77 at KTFA - 10/23/2014 

aggiedad77 » October 23rd, 2014, 10:44 am 

SURPRISE! Thursday Morning News Summaries and Commentaries

It's been a while since I've had time to do any summaries Family....let's see what this morning will bring to us.

Parliament plans to open 40 file financial corruption in the Maliki government

If I were Maliki I wouldn't be sleeping too restful these days.....it is difficult to fathom that there wouldn't be a long list of detractors on his tail all looking for a piece of his butt...and the money that he washed out of Iraq while he was in power....

Just because he hides behind the coattails of the President of Iraq today doesn't mean that these bloodhounds won't come hunting for him...and I believe we are seeing just the beginning of that hunt....they have 40 files today....

That is bound to grow in number, but hopefully they are careful in putting their ducks in a row and strategizing on how to take the former kingpin down.....

To say his days are numbered...well...let's just say the clock appears to be ticking....is it just Father time....or is it an alarm clock whose bell will toll in the near future. 

Jaafari «morning»: Japanese loans to help Iraq

Since 2005 the Iraqis say that Japan has led the way in loans that help Iraq....who are they to turn down more of this kind of help...it provides aid to them in rebuilding and restructuring their country after being torn apart by war......their loans help with the Iraqi economy as well....never look a gift horse in the mouth....their loans are especially focused away from the oil and gas sectors in an attempt to strengthen the other industrial sectors of Iraq...a very good thing for the overall economy.

Cord traders prefer to deal foreign currencies instead of the Iraqi dinar

When the title says "Cord" I believe they are referring to the Kurds.....they have a shyness with respect to the IQD and what they have seen of the government actions.....almost exclusively in the past....I think what lies ahead for them is a whole other matter...they have to admit there have been good changes in the last several months and with intentions of other good changes yet to come.....given time I believe we will see a resurgence of the IQD not only with Baghdad but with the Kurds and all of Iraq....

They stand poised to be a world currency that would be capable of great things....they need to continue on their work to secure their country from terrorist activities of course and also continue the work that has commenced regarding the modernization of their banking systems....all this takes time....they are doing the right things, heading in the right directions....slowly they attempt to rebuild faith and beliefs in their system of government and economic models.

The draft law of oil and gas on the table heads of blocs

The commission charged with creating a final version of the oil and gas law that can be agreeable by all blocs is currently in the works....PROGRESS.....when was the last time we saw evidence of any real work done in this direction....quite some time....this commission is looking at establishing federation Council that end differences with all parties once and for all.....they seem ready at last to agree that oil belongs to all Iraqis....with emphasis being put on Articles 111 and 112 of the Iraqi Constitution for resolving past differences between Erbil and Baghdad....the one thing that isn't present here is a strong disagreement from the Kurds at this time....does this signify their agreement with the efforts being put forth....who knows....but may they continue their efforts in good faith to reach an end that will allow all to stack hands and move forward for the good of all Iraqis.

Taxes: trillion and 300 billion dinars and imports in the year 2013 and we expect to increase over 2014

For the year 2013, Iraqi coffers gained a trillion, 300 billion dinars from taxes.....but one must keep in mind this comes largely from the oil and gas sector of their industry.....many other sectors such as agriculture are currently not taxed...and they amount to 5-6% of the GDP......mobile phone companies and entities are also a part of the taxation process, not sure how that specifically was carved out...but so be it.....in some ways Iraq has some of the oldest taxation laws in the Arab world...but are they working effectively today....probably not...especially when so many Iraqis live below the poverty level.

Well.....this is a short summary of things going on this morning. As you will notice I did not post on the 2016, 2017, 2018 articles that talked about the 000's.....in my opinion...not that worthy at this point....the CBI controls their destiny, not the GOI....

Definitely not some fledgling member of Parliament out for their 15 minutes of media fame...."look Mom I got my name in the news paper today".....wrong attitude to have....not that professional...and IMO...that that accurate either....

At this point I put more trust in the news that we hear from Frank's teams than I do most of the media.

Aloha Randy

• Upvote 2