Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency

yota691

2014-10-20-192940%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84%D8%A

19:29 

20/10/2014 

Confirmed the parliamentary Economic Committee that the deletion of zeros from the currency will be next year. 

According to committee member Abdul Salam al-Maliki said that "the deletion of zeros from the dinar will be next year after the central bank reserves reached 76 billion dollars to 24 billion dollars by the Fund / EDF Ai / As exceed the ceiling of the currency in the local market Almtdoualh 40 million trillion dinars

OK....So maliki is gone...we do not know what is left after he stole all he and his croonies have carried away. They will be doing a total inventory I am sure.....Either way it sound like when they are sure of what they have and it reaches a certain amount then they will make some changes. Give these guys a chance to find out what they have..what debts still are outstanding and then lets see what they do.

This is a totally new Gov guys...give them a chance!

• Upvote 7

DEB45..........At the moment ........1 Iraqi Dinar = 0.00086  per US Dollar ,  or in other words........... it's worthless currency as far as us investors are concerned.

Delete the zero's and we have an instant value change from worthless currency   to .86 cents per 1 USD.    Ex:  .86 x  25,000 = 21,500  USD  

The other scenario would be to leave the Zero's and revalue the currency.........which leaves us with the million dollar question of  "what's the rate going to be"  ?

This is my understanding of the two scenarios ............whether they are right or wrong is yet to be determined.

:salute:  :salute: :salute:  

• Upvote 3

Thanks Brinx65  I always thought when they said "delete the zeros" it meant take the 000 off of the 25,000 face value of the bill which would make a 25,000 to a 25 dinar.  Too much math for me.  Just like addition...into my bank account.

/quote]

Thanks Brinx65 I always thought when they said "delete the zeros" it meant take the 000 off of the 25,000 face value of the bill which would make a 25,000 to a 25 dinar. Too much math for me. Just like addition...into my bank account.

You thought correctly

But they can raise the value first

Just not 1000000%

Maybe 250% which would be a pretty good return

Big Humungous squirrel! It may happen tonight! Just like China and Kuwait

What do you mean like China and Kuwait?

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency 

2014-10-20-192940%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84%D8%A

19:29 

20/10/2014 

Confirmed the parliamentary Economic Committee that the deletion of zeros from the currency will be next year. 

According to committee member Abdul Salam al-Maliki said that "the deletion of zeros from the dinar will be next year after the central bank reserves reached 76 billion dollars to 24 billion dollars by the Fund / EDF Ai / As exceed the ceiling of the currency in the local market Almtdoualh 40 million trillion dinars

Could they be saying 40 million notes worth 1 trillion Dinar? Divide 1 Trillion by 40 Million and you get 25,000. Are they saying that there are too many 25K notes? Lets do some math and speculation DV's

Or maybe the economic committee is saying that they are now underneath their ceiling goal of a reduced note count?

• Upvote 1