Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An interesting insight into GURUS

Several years ago, I came across a small book entitled "On Bull$hit" by a guy named Harry Frankfurt out of Princeton University. It appeared to be a white paper on the subject. 

Over the years, I have often thought of this white paper when dealing with people.  I recently found it in PDF form online and thought I would share it here.

It talks about "Truth, Lies and reality" and the prevalence of Bull$hit where most people operate these days.

All though it is a good piece of only sixteen pages, if you read the last four pages of the piece you will get the general information.

The paper is only 16 pages

Here is the link.  http://www.stoa.org.uk/topics/bullshit/pdf/on-bullshit.pdf

Quote:

"Both in lying and in telling the truth people are guided by their beliefs concerning the way things are. These guide them as they endeavor either to describe the world correctly or to describe it deceitfully. For this reason, telling lies does not tend to unfit a person for telling the truth in the same way that bull$hitting tends to.

Through excessive indulgence in the latter activity, which involves making assertions without paying attention to anything except what it suits one to say, a person ís normal habit of attending to the ways things are may become attenuated or lost. Someone who lies and someone who tells the truth are playing on opposite sides, so to speak, in the same game. Each responds to the facts as he understands them, although the response of the one is guided by the authority of the truth, while the response of the other defies that authority and refuses to meet its demands. The bull$hitter ignores these demands altogether. He does not reject the authority of the truth, as the liar does, and oppose himself to it. He pays no attention to it at all. By virtue of this, bull$hit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are."

• Upvote 3

Another quote which proves my point about Gurus.  Many of which believe they are an authority on finance, currency, war, etc.

"Bull$hit is unavoidable whenever circumstances require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about. Thus the production of bullshit is stimulated whenever a person’s obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic are more excessive than his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic. This discrepancy is common in public life, where people are frequently impelled whether by their own propensities or by the demands of others to speak extensively about matters of which they are to some degree ignorant."

The lowest Gurus are the ones who mix in God and religion as a hook as to be trustful. Can't get any lower than that.

Could not agree with you more. As a general observation most of their followers seem to have no education nor any common sense. They do however possess a great deal of short term memory loss. :shrug:

Here is my thought on Gurus. Most Gurus probably have no background in finance or necessarily any interest or passion about currency or hte Iraqi Dinar. I'm sure you guys have heard about affiliate marketing ie people making money running advertisements on sites by running ads, being paid per click, selling books, etc. Most of these Gurus I bet you have had  success in ohter areas of the internet as well. They don't really care what their niche or topic is whether it's Dinar, Video Games, Insurance, they find subject matters with low competition to rank on websites and where keywords for advertising are paid at a high price. They then launch into a business in that niche.

Anyone who is good at SEO and the internet can buy articles about any subject matter, ie Iraqi Dinar and then thow together a site. Obiouvly if they come up with rumors and hyp and draw a following more people visit their site and they make more money. I think this is pretty clear with TNT TOny. He had success with MLM marketing or pyramid scheme types programs in teh past from what I have heard. Don't know what product or service he was selling or what that involved but he knows how to create a following so he does the same thing with the IRaqi Dinar and either gets kickbacks from dealers, many think he works for sterling since he pumps them and also even outright said in a call he works for sterling although he quickly backtracked and said he misspoke. I've also heard he somehow gets kickbacks from the phone companies because of some obscure law about phone companies in rural areas having to give the call initiator a % of the fees.

These Gurus don't do anything because they have any beliefs, they found a way to make money and are making money.

• Upvote 1