Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trouble posting in forum

EagleEye

For several weeks now, I have had an on-going issue when trying to post in forum....I can only post using the "more reply options" functions....no emoticons no B....no square (all the things TG told me to try) ...my mac works normal except for copy and paste...but my wife has commandeered that...

not sure what happened here...by the way "Post" does work in Message System but without emoticons

The best I can come up with is a problem with "your PC". If you are logged in when you use another PC or a Mac and everything is as it should be, that means your settings in the forum are okay. It also indicates that the problem is with your PC. I am not sure what is wrong with it. You probably need to have the OS reloaded or repaired. Doing so will lose any data on your PC hard drive so all of that needs to be saved to an external hard drive. It is not terribly difficult but if you have someone that is computer savvy do it, there is less chance of a screw up.

If anyone else has a better idea, please post it.

:cowboy2:

If your Toolbar looks like this:

ToolBar.PNG

Click on that button. So it will look like this:

Toolbar2.PNG

We checked this possibility earlier Mark and EE says he doesn't have any blue box.

Hey EE, I just noticed something - when you first see the "Reply to this topic", the box is just an outline but when you click your cursor in the box, that's when the icons show up at the top. You can also click on More Reply Options at the bottom right corner. By chance, are you doing this instead of clicking your cursor in the box. :shrug:

Click on image to enlarge.

post-26654-0-78009400-1411247051_thumb.p

:cowboy2:

my reply box is a thin black line...clicking the cursor in the box puts a blue halo on the line ...in the lower right corner there are diagonal hash marks very small clicking on them has no effect...the font in the box does NOT look like the normal font...clicking on post also has no effect

TG actually the box looks very much like the image you sent for me to enlarge

my reply box is a thin black line...clicking the cursor in the box puts a blue halo on the line ...in the lower right corner there are diagonal hash marks very small clicking on them has no effect...the font in the box does NOT look like the normal font...clicking on post also has no effect

TG actually the box looks very much like the image you sent for me to enlarge

Like this?

MOBILE.PNG

I will try to copy it Mark...tried before and it did not work...however if you enlarge the click on image to enlarge ...that TG sent me it looks like that ^^^^

That is what the box looks like before you click on it.  Once you click inside that grey bordered box, that black dot (arrow) should show up.  Click on that.

toolbar4.PNG

interesting Mark, it was not there on mine but there when you quoted it...and NOW it is back....talk about twilight zone stuff

Its like staring in the pantry for something and you can't find it, and your wife comes up behind you and grabs it off the shelf right in front of your face. :lol:

-

• 2 weeks later...