Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

so, we're back to the same old, same old

Well, looks like we are back to the same old postponement after postponement, ad nauseum. I had such high hope for this new PM. Still hoping he is not going to just procrastinate like his predecessors...?

And is Maliki replaced or is this just more Iraqi B.S.?

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 3

It's been three days since they missed the first deadline that they've missed since the elections. Give it a minute. 

Look here. Jabouri thinks they'll have it settled within a week. 

And Maliki is not replaced. That article was in reference to the MP slot they were holding for him. When he took the VP job, they had to fill it, and Sinead filled it. Maliki is still VP. 

Jubouri is expected to vote on the security ministers in less than a week

Editor Mohammed Shafiq - Friday 19 September 2014 18:48

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Predicted House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, on Friday, to be voted on the security minister in less than a week, and is regarded as what happened in the meeting last Tuesday, "has found a new custom", he stressed that the coming period will witness the departure of the era of consensus in passing laws.

Jubouri said in an interview for the "modern world" which Stbuth "Cuts" later in the evening, said that "what happened in the meeting last Tuesday not to vote on the candidates for the security ministries set a precedent has been established for the new custom in the House of Representatives," pointing out that " the executive is in the case of failed security minister, not parliament. "

The Jubouri that "has been talk yesterday with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi confirmed that it is possible to provide security minister and voting on them soon," expected to "be done in a week or less than a week."

He Jubouri that "the vote of confidence for the government crystallized a new philosophy which he does not necessarily have to go in agreement," adding "we will leave the era of consensus in the disputed pass laws and take into consideration all parties Notes."

The meeting of the Council of Representatives last Tuesday, (September 16, 2014), has seen the failure of the candidate Ali al-Adeeb, to get the confidence of the Council to take up the post of Minister of Tourism and Antiquities, with the failure of each of the candidate of the Union of Iraqi forces Jaber Al Jabri and the National Alliance candidate Riad Ghraib obtain a majority to take over the ministries Defense and Interior.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.alsumaria.tv/news&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dalsumaria%2Bnews%26es_sm%3D122

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 4

Hummm.  I thought thinks were moving right along for Iraq?  If fact they have taken some giant steps forward.  However, I guess that depends on the size of the individual as compared to a giant.  I am a giant when I visit an tribe in Honduras; but I'm certainly not very "giant-like" when visiting an NBA team.   

• Upvote 1

Well, looks like we are back to the same old postponement after postponement, ad nauseum. I had such high hope for this new PM. Still hoping he is not going to just procrastinate like his predecessors...?

Yeah this is the same as it was years ago.  I had one of my friends tell me it was not a good financial decision to buy the Dinar or Dong a few years back.  That this was considered another "Infinity Deal" which means there is always some progress but never ever comes to fruition.

• 2 weeks later...

It took nearly 91/2 yrs. or so to get out of Ch. 7, now we finally get rid of the heel dragging Maliki and the embezzling Shabbibi....and they have a new leader who looks very promising to be able to "play nice" with all sides (Bumper must be his mentor)...the Kurds are finally coming to the table and the budget and HCL look eminent!!! Can it get any better than that after waitin' 10 freaking years??? Well, o.k....they could R.V., but hopefully it will be "right quick"!!! Nuff said!!! ;o)

Been waiting 10 years - a few more days/weeks/months ain't gonna matter much! ;)

Only if we have to keep repeating year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year that a few more days/weeks/months ain't gonna matter much...Then it does matter

Edited by umbertino

Been waiting 10 years - a few more days/weeks/months ain't gonna matter much! ;)

you are right.... I been in just as long and its amazing how fast these years FLEW by without anything.... a little longer or even longer isnt going to much. been waiting long enough. just ready for this to be OVERRRRRRRRRRRRR.........so come on RV...