Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do you like 10,000 notes or no?

rulesforrebels

I was just curious, it seems like people love 25,000 notes and 5,000 notes but for some reason 10,000 notes seem to get no love. I know most of the hype about needing small notes over big if they take large notes out of circulation is kind of passed and people realize that's nonesens but I never really understood why everyone seems to like 5,000 notes and 25,000 notes but nobody seems to like 10,000? Maybe I'm wrong but just an observation. CUrious if anyone else has noticed this?

I've never heard that nobody likes the 10's. I have 5of them only for a bit of flexibility when the time comes. Depending on the rate, I may only need to exchange one or two 10k notes to travel to my preferred exchange location.

As far as the 3-0 notes coming off of the streets, that is the simplest of economics. Why would I carry a $1,000 bill around (if there were any /or the common man to find), here in the US when I don't spend more than $50 or so per day?

I wish I had all 1,000 dinar notes that way I could stay under the radar for a season at cashing in time. This way I could use the proceeds! and not the charge card, to pay for the CPA a, Tax and Trust Aty's, and after receiving their advice, and setting up the appropriate post RV trusts, I can legally pay the minimum amount of taxes possible. Somewhere in the Obama range of 15% would be fine with me.

• Upvote 1

I get along just fine with my 5K notes.......my 10k's tend to be bitchy.   :shrug: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Shabs, all "10's" need a little extra time and attention.  They need to feel appreciated and safe.  I find that keeping them warm by carrying them around in my pocket makes them feel loved.  I am willing to provide this level of service to any 10's out there that aren't being properly taken care of.  Before you know it they aren't as bitchy and they call me daddy. :cigar:  

• Upvote 1

Gotta treat em with a little more TLC there Shab's...after all...you take care of them, and someday they will take care of you!!! ;o)

Can't get here soon enough, Buddy.   :D 

Shabs, all "10's" need a little extra time and attention.  They need to feel appreciated and safe.  I find that keeping them warm by carrying them around in my pocket makes them feel loved.  I am willing to provide this level of service to any 10's out there that aren't being properly taken care of.  Before you know it they aren't as bitchy and they call me daddy. :cigar:  

May I suggest a cold shower?   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 3

Heck yeah... what's not to like?  That's Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haithan (whoever that is) on the obverse and Al-manara al hadba fi al-Mawsil (the hunchbacked tower of the Great Nurid mosque in Mosul) on the reverse.  They may not be as pretty as the 5k notes or as interesting as the 25k's... but 10,000 is such a nice, round number!  As for their sour disposition... I wouldn't know... I keep mine bound and gagged in the back of the safe!  :lol:

• Upvote 4

Hey thanks for all the comments. Ya totally in agreement Dinar is DInar whether 50 or 25,000. The only logical reason I can see why someone would want small notes is either A. they buy into the hype that Iraq will wipe out say 25,000 notes and keep the smaller which is not going to happen or b. they think a big rv will occur and want to be able to cash out in amounts under 10k to cheat taxes.

I wasn't saying one note is better than another, it just seems everyone I know has either 25,000 denoms or 5,000 denoms, even on the classifieds here 10ks seem to be the least posted or note being resold. I was just curious why this was, seems people either lean towards 5k or 25k. who knows.