Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Dinarian Commentary "So, Where Are We Now?"

Reinman is your Intel from the m.e. or the u.s or are you intel.

IT'S OBVIOUS that Obama has no hand in their monetary policy - no world leader has.

It's just an excuse to create drama.

Republican spinners love to blame Obama for everything and stir the pot and get people riled.

It's a last-ditch effort when people have no one or nothing else to blame -- they're out of ammo and Obama is at the bottom of the box of excuses.

If you think Obama is at fault, you're being pumped and punked.

Iraq needs to be stable and confident in their own right so that a high rate can be backed up and maintained by GDP, growth, etc.

This means that assets have to be IN HAND and not in the ground hypotheticals.

OR, as Boss Hogg taught me, "COB..... Cash On the Barrelhead."

Again, everything is up to IRAQ ONLY, and they need to get it right the first time by having an achievable PLAN which includes getting the oil and gold out of the ground and showing the world "SEE THIS IS WHAT WE'VE GOT!" Believe me they REALLY want to do this - do a big "IN YOUR FACE" demonstration, but this has to be achieved with REAL NUMBERS like GDP, economic growth percentages, and value of total output of the country.

Comparing per capita GDP, Iraq is about USD $7200, Kuwait is almost USD $90000

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Iraq      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Kuwait

What's REALLY GREAT is at this time Iraq's total output of oil EXCEEDS Kuwait as well as Iran!

Source:  http://www.eia.gov/countries/country-data.cfm?fips=KU  http://www.eia.gov/countries/country-data.cfm?fips=iz

However STABILITY will have to happen in Iraq.

A stable government, an efficient banking system to make money flow through well, and reduction of debt.

Overall I think economic efficiency is the KEY.

I've tried to find why the KWD is so strong.....

Kuwait has the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Kuwait recovered fast, has VERY efficient banking with the largest bank in the M.E., a low debt, and a low AMOUNT of money in circulation!

Prices seem to be comparable or cheaper (Marlboro cigs under $2.50!)

Source: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Kuwait

However one is earning LESS DINARS.

You do NOT want to be a house maid there.

Source: http://www.indiansinkuwait.com/salary.aspx

And there you have...... the REST of the story.

GOOD DAY!

Edited by ReinMan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think Maliki had a big part in not being a team player and not allowing everyone to do their share to get Iraq back on its feet.

Iraq was just muddling along under his leadership.

As a result, infrastructure hasn't been able to build back up --- there are a lot of systems dependent on other systems, and when one in the chain can't get up and running, then the others suffer. I'm talking about banking and commerce.

The dinar has been the same because it CAN. There have been no penalties for keeping things the way they are.

In effect it's been a stable boat (locked in at 1166) sailing a very polluted river!

Kuwait recovered the minute they RV'd, and continued to recover after that.

There was a long period of time where Kuwait needed to rebuild and reorganize so they can get banking running again.

After the banking is in place, and goods and services are being exchanged again, the economy just POPS on every level.

Regarding Jordan, UAE and Qatar, they have the underlying basic things in place I've been talking about that are required for a robust economy -- efficient banking, money flowing between people in exchange for goods and services on all levels from personal, to wholesale, to international. When you have efficient flow of goods from other countries making their way to the hands of the consumer with everyone making money along the way and the consumer getting the goods for a decent price he/she can afford, then you have good business going on! Everyone loves good business!  :)

When you have international trade with goods flowing in and out of a country, you have business popping everywhere.
Goods and services enable people to kickstart and facilitate THEIR businesses so customers can enjoy more and more diverse products and services, and the chain reaction begins and continues to go. 

I remember the story mom told me --- after WW2 in Germany, the economy was in the dumps, inflation was still rampant, and there were no goods in the markets. Suddenly in 1949, the new Deutsche Mark came out, and there were fruits and vegetables from all over the world and my uncle ate his first banana!

Let's hope for bananas!   (figuratively)

• Upvote 3

Reinman, Its amazing the leader of the us has no say so on their monetary policy yet they can use the usd that is owned by Obama's government in their monetary system for all their daily transactions. You say Obama has no say and malaki interfered but it appears Obama had influence on malaki's ouster. I do question your strong (no questions asked) statements that appear to be opinions like the other gurus you speak against all the time. The other gurus state their strong opinions just like you but from a different ditch.

I think what I said is based on plain obvious facts. The principles of good economic operations apply to every single country, even the closed communist ones.

You're going to have good business all around when you can get goods to the people from a distance for a reasonable price while still making a profit along the way, and money from those businesses flows through an efficient banking system.

PRETTY SIMPLE.

I can't state it any simpler.

Plus, did you know that dollars are used in some central American countries as well?

Dollars that landed in Iraq did so during the Bush era because the people didn't have faith in their own currency.

A ride across town safely used to cost $250 in US DOLLARS.

NOT ONE DOLLAR landed in Iraq for circulation among Iraqi citizens during Obama's term.

All I'm saying is.....

IRAQ DOESN'T HAVE THEIR SH__ TOGETHER YET.

People might say they do, and a lot of things look promising, and the oil exports are decently high, but things have to be PROVEN with a good currency rate.

Stability and efficient banking needs to be proven.

As long as a currency rate is low, the world knows ANY country is in shambles.

I don't care what you or anyone thinks about my posts, but simple economic principles cannot be ignored.

Edited by ReinMan
  • Upvote 4

The big difference between Iraq and Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia is that it thinks it must  do everything itself and not accept outside assistance.. It uses outside experts as a last resort. 

Kuwait and Saudi hire the best they can find in production and management AND pay them well. 

• Upvote 1

When saddam invaded the Kuwait dinar devalued very quickly the first day right off the bat

The Kuwait govt was buying its own currency back cheap then they shut it down on the international exchange and no one was excepting it so it couldn't really lose any real value only its market are continued to drop so when the Kuwait govt reinstated it they actually gained because they bought back that currency cheap for like 75 cents before they shut it down

Then they sat on it till saddam was removed

I'm sure they all guarenteed Kuwait their country back like 47 nations participated in the removal of saddam from Kuwait