Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Dinarian Commentary "So, Where Are We Now?"

I think RevBo is also a DV member :)  finally, a fellow dinarian is brave enough to write his opinion.  As Bump de Bumpa always says "play nice" :)

A Dinarian Commentary " So, Where Are We Now?"

09/11/2014

Revbo: I wrote this for GLP, so the format may be a little weird for here, but it took me a while, so I wanted to share, with y'all, where I think we're at.

So, where are we now?

The government has formally been seated, minus the security ministries, but yesterday, Brett McGurk, our representative in Iraq, congratulated Iraq on its peaceful transition of power, so I think our declaration that Iraq now has political stability supercedes any technicalities on that front, and Abadi has said he will have them seated by next week, anyway, so I don't see that as being a problem.
~~~

We are in Turki's window for delete-the-zeros project implementation as referenced in my below post to bring your attention to my speculation as of August 21 that the big change we're all waiting on would happen shortly after the seating of the new government. Here's that post:

Revbo (Aug 21): If this goes they're saying it's going to with the government, ISIS should be pretty much done in Iraq right about the same time the new government is seated. Security and stability on the same day.

Four days until Abadi brings his cabinet to Parliament for a vote, allegedly, anyway. Sunnis are already on board, and all indications are the Kurds will get their Article 140 and the peasants shall rejoice across the land.

I posted something from Kaperoni, earlier today, where he has finally come around to the thinking, that some of us have had for quite a while, that no more laws need be passed to do currency reform.

Turki said, a few months ago, when he gets government stability, he will not hesitate to implement the plan. No mention of the Economic Reform Law or banking and investment laws at all.

That was before ISIS, and I think security is just as important as stability, and have seen indications of that from Iraqi economists, so I do believe they have to be eliminated, as well.

So the earliest it could happen, in my opinion, would be next Tuesday, assuming ISIS has been mostly defeated and Abadi and his cabinet have received a confidence vote from Parliament on Monday.

Realistically, they would probably wait at least a few days, but who knows? He said he would not hesitate, which means it very well could happen 10 seconds after Abadi is sworn in.

In retrospect, I may have been a tad bit overly optimistic about ISIS having already been dealt with, although I don't think I went all that overboard.

Several key victories have been scored against ISIS since August 21, including the liberation of the Turkmen population of Amerli most recently by Iraqi Security Forces, and the evacuation of Tikrit by ISIS forces.

Peshmerga has secured Mosul Dam and Haditha Dam was secured yesterday. ISIS's primary stronghold remains in Mosul, but they have already fled half the city and are trapped, to the North, by Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

Most of the Sunni population has already turned on ISIS with 25 clans agreeing to fight with the government against them a couple weeks ago, and the remaining Sunni population, with the formation of a national unity government, will now rise up against them, and they will lose any safe haven they may have enjoyed in the west of Iraq.

The United States has been self-restrained in our air strikes against ISIS, but has been able to knock out a large number of ISIS leaders and equipment despite the limited attacks against their fighters and infrastructure.

Obama has a speech, tomorrow, in which he will outline his new plan for taking out ISIS. The assumption is it will include massive air strikes on ISIS positions in Iraq, now that we have achieved our goal of a proper democratically-elected government with which we can work.

ISIS has already shown it will flee in the face of certain doom, and when air strikes get upped from 10 a day to 500 a day, they will surely flee to the relative safety of neighboring Syria. Once that is achieved, I believe we shall have our RV, and it could come as early as a few days from now.

There was an article posted on DA about the Abadi government's priorities, yesterday evening, that backs up what I just wrote. I will post the link for the whole article, but it's really long, so I'm only going to post the highlights here.

https://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http://alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=77523

"First: a stable and secure Iraq

Secondly, upgrading service and living of the citizen

Third: to encourage the shift towards private sector

Fourth, increase oil and gas production to improve the financial sustainability

Fifth, administrative and financial reform of government institutions

Sixth: Federal regulation of relations of local"

Notice stability and security are mentioned first. Stability has now been achieved. Security, in my opinion, will come very quickly once the US and our nine international partners fully engage, which should be starting tomorrow.

The more interesting part, though, is the second aspect of the new government's plan. Notice they plan to upgrade their citizens' standard of living before they make a move to a market economy or even before increasing oil and gas production.

Within that space, according to the plan, they have a very ambitious program they are pursuing to improve the lives of the citizens, and none of it can be achieved given their current budget, so a change in the currency has to be part of Step 2, or Step 2 would actually be Step 4 at the earliest.

Here are Kaperoni and tlar's takes on the same issue. Kaperoni, I believe, is being overly pessimistic about how soon security can be achieved, and while I believe tlar is potentially not taking the security situation into consideration enough with his post, a secure Iraq could very well be declared within his timeline, given enough shock and awe, of course.

Kaperoni: I want to point out something very important. This is the Iraqi government's priority list of sorts.. And the first three tell the story for the dinar. Nothing is going to happen with the dinar this week, nor next week, nor the end of this month. Here is the proof!

Details ....

First: a stable and secure Iraq

Secondly, upgrading service and living of the citizen

Third: to encourage the shift towards private sector

So what this list means is first and foremost they must deal with ISIS first. As it says.."First: a stable and secure Iraq" So until the coalition kicks ISIS out of Iraq, we are in a holding pattern. I have heard others (people in the know) say the same thing. Clearly #2 and #3 are exactly what we want to read. So we are in a good position and the dinar will be unleashed hopefully in the coming months once they get boot the scum bags out. Let's all watch how fast that happens.

tlar:   There is a new government in Iraq.

It was touch and go as the sects, Sunni, Kurd's and Shia all threatened early this morning to not show at the 8 o'clock meeting to vote the government in.

Politics was getting in the way as each group tried at the last minute to better their position, jockeying for positions.

The Shia as well as the other blocks made last minute changes to their list of Ministers.

Badr's group, a SOL Shia faction was originally slated to get the Interior Ministry but at the last minute was eliminated and so he threw a hissey fit claiming that he and his block of 30 MP's were going to boycott the 8 o'clock meeting preferring to throw the country under the bus rather that vote because he was eliminated early today.

They voted this afternoon and low and behold, Iraq has a new government. That sets the stage for everything to follow.

The RV should happen this week. Laws that have been awaiting approval for months, some for years, concerning economy should be passed in a basket quickly. NATO will start the assault on the ISIS almost immediately. Better late than never.

Intel is holding that the rate will be above $3.50 per dinar. We are close. By late tonight or early tomorrow the news will report the fact that their has been a peaceful democratic change of government in Iraq.

I believe tlar is right, and NATO strikes should start immediately following Obama's speech tomorrow.

That would follow the same pattern as previous engagements in Iraq under Bush I and Bush II, with a big announcement followed by a massive international air campaign, and ISIS is far weaker than Saddam's million man army that buckled in the first hours of both of its engagements with the West.

Sure, they're fanatics, but they have only 15,000 men at best, a safe place to which to flee for the time being, and not a snowball's chance in hell of achieving any kind of even minor victory against what is coming for them.

Saddam's army was better equipped, better trained, and far outnumbered ISIS and they ran away at the site of the first daisy cutter.

ISIS has done the same when they have been confronted on a smaller scale, and will do the same when confronted with the full force of the American and coalition naval and air forces in the region allied with a newly armed Peshmerga and Iraqi Security forces on the ground.

That could come as soon as tlar's prediction of Thursday, but in my opinion, it will probably take about a week to have them completely removed from Iraq.
Edited by Nadita
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why Would U Want It Taken Down ? :blink:

It's A Well Written Opinion Piece Based On Article's U've Read

And People Recognize U As Respected Member Here From

Ur Numerous Contributions In The News Section.

U Gave Time Frames As Opposed To A Specific Date

And U Didn't Give Any Rates.

But Most Importantly U've Stated Ur Opinion As A Known + Respected Researcher

And Not Based On 'Intel' ! :o

:D:D:D

- CNN

• Upvote 14

RevBo,

I think it's a good article and worth sharing it,  otherwise I will not bring it to DV for everyone to read.  We know this is a speculated investment and most of us have grown out of the date and rate.  We know ISIS has to be dealt with.  We are nice here lol

• Upvote 3

Okay, I guess it can stay. Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I really thought Obama would make a strong, immediate push, but it looks like we're gonna take a bit more "nuanced" approach, in true Obama style. Hopefully, ISIS will go underground enough that we can just declare Iraq secure and move on.

• Upvote 6

An interestig perspective  ReVbo and Nadita. Good to know in a nutshell whats happening. Things change daily. After sitting on the edge of my seat for a few years. (not as long as most here) I'm more laid back now with a wait and see attitude. I have no doubt it's gonna happen. Just not as immenantly as I hope. Still too much turmoil. I hope I'm wrong.  Good post ty :)

I would like to think that I agree with this thread. However, I think ISIS will not be booted out immediately, but more rather in two or three weeks. That's not to say there can't be an RV during the same period of time. There is one thing that I will disagree with in the article, and that is that rate given. It is in MHO that the rate will not be 3.50 or higher, but lower and I feel much lower.

I will go by the math and the number of IQD that are out there. I may be wrong, but there is just not enough money out there to pay everyone off. After reading all that I have read in the last three years, I am more under the belief that Iraq will want to go with a float and then start out with a rate of .50 cents or less.

Good luck to all. GO.......RV

• Upvote 3

Any of y'all ever heard of Ali Hatem al-Suleiman? I hadn't either until Blue posted this beautiful article last night. He's the leader of the Dulaimi tribe, 3 million Sunnis in Anbar who almost declared his own ciuntry when Maliki screwed him, and pledged, when ISIS came in, that his people wouldn't lift a finger to remove them until Maliki was gone. Well, Maliki is gone, and Hatem has pledged, to Abadi, to rid his province of the vermin once and for all. We're now moving air power into position, but Hatem's private army outnumbers them about 100:1. I think Ali's got this one. ISIS may be gone in a week or two after all.

Ali Hatem al-Suleiman vows to for al-Abadi to fight the IS after ensuring to carry out the demands and rights

11/09/2014 21:51:00

-

Ramadi / NINA / Sheikh of Dulaimi tribes Ali Hatem al-Suleiman pledged to fight the IS after ensuring the implementation of the rights and demands of the uprising provinces.

-

Sulaiman said in a press conference today that he pledge to the new government headed by Haidar al-Abbadi to fight the IS organization in regions and cities that fall under his control, but after our rights and ensure the implementation of our demands by the new government.

-

He added that any force can not expel the IS elements from areas controlled by for months ago, but by the sons of those areas, stressing that the reason for the defeat of the forces that fought the IS several months ago, being not of those areas.

-

He stressed that the IS organization is an international project supported by major countries at the aim of foiling the Iraqi revolution that came out in order to achieve the demands of the Iraqi people.

-

Ali Hatem al-Suleiman welcomed the idea of forming a National Guard troops from each province, stressing that the formation of Guard forces in the provinces is a starting point for the stability and the protection of areas of Iraq from any terrorist groups. / End

[link to www.ninanews.com]

From right after ISIS moved in...

Iraq’s Sunnis Will Kick Out ISIS After Dumping Maliki: Ex-CIA Official

By Jeff Stein Filed: 6/25/14 at 11:19 AM

-

A fighter of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Syria (ISIS) holds an ISIS flag and a weapon on a street in the city of Mosul on June 23, 2014 Reuters

-

Don’t panic, Iraq’s most powerful Sunnis are telling some old American friends. We’ll take care of these upstart ISIS nuts—as soon as they oust Nouri al-Maliki from Baghdad.

-

That’s the message Sheikh Ali Hatem al-Suleiman, leader of Iraq’s biggest Sunni tribe, gave John R. Maguire, a retired former CIA deputy station chief in Baghdad, when he visited Iraq three weeks ago to talk about future oil deals in the region.

-

And Maguire, a veteran senior CIA paramilitary official, believes it. The tribes that once worked with the Americans to defeat Al-Qaeda in Iraq, he insists, will again rise up again to oust its spawn, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria [iSIS]—a movement so extreme it was denounced by Osama bin Laden’s successor.

-

“They're already drawing lines around how this is going to work, to get rid of these guys,” Maguire tells Newsweek. “So the fight is coming, but they can't do it until they're sure they have disrupted Maliki and they've got some breathing space to create a different government in Baghdad.”

-

For now, Maguire says, the Sunni leaders are furnishing tribesmen to fight with the ISIS in hopes that their collaboration will accomplish something they couldn’t do on their own—topple Maliki, who they call “a corrupt puppet of Iran [who] has amassed staggering personal wealth,” and for whom “people are not interested in fighting.”

-

The Sunnis are using ISIS like a crowbar to oust Maliki, Maguire says, and then they’ll turn on the invaders. Iraq as we know it will cease to exist, splitting into three new proto-states: Sunnistan in the west, Kurdistan in the north and an Iranian Shiite protectorate stretching from Baghdad east to the Arabian Sea and oil port of Basra. ISIS, in this optimistic scenario, will be pounded into oblivion.

-

"Iraq is righting itself" along tribal and ethnic lines, says Maguire, who now runs a Virginia-based oil consulting business with two other CIA veterans of the Iraq war. He says he’s advised Sunni tribal leaders to spiff up their image. “I just had a conversation last night about this with some Sunni guys from Anbar,” Maguire said by telephone Tuesday. “I told them, ‘You guys have to do something to change the perception of what you're doing. Your image is that of a guy in a black turban on YouTube. You can't have that. You got to get your message out, and you've got to put some smart Sunnis on TV wearing suits explaining what the hell's going on in Iraq.’"

-

What’s “going on,” he says, is that the Sunnis leaders are lying in wait, waiting for the right moment to spring their treacherous trap on ISIS, just like it did with Al-Qaeda in Iraq during the U.S. occupation. “There's no question that ISIS is a huge problem and a very dangerous tool, but it's a tool that Sunni officers know how to use and handle,” maintains Maguire, whose 23-year CIA career included several senior operational assignments in the Middle East. “They're using [iSIS] guys as disposable assets...and when they don't need them anymore, they'll invite them to return to Syria or wherever they came from, and if they don't, they will kill them.”

-

A number of signs point to Maliki’s imminent downfall, Maguire says: mass desertions from the Iraqi army, nervous regime officials looking to get cash out of the country and the lukewarm response of young Shia to calls from the Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani to rally to the defense of the nation. “When al-Sistani gave his great call to arms for the Shia to rise up, they did not respond in great numbers,” says Maguire, contradicting the dramatic images of youths signing up to fight. “It just fizzled out.” Indeed, Sistani was back again last week calling for something far less, the formation of a new government that would unite the nation. On Tuesday, Maliki rejected that idea.

-

It may be too late for that. The major roads leading north and west out of Baghdad are under ISIS control, and the south may be closed off soon, too, Maguire says. “There is an increasing risk in the next day or two that ISIS will open the Haditha Dam,” a five-mile-wide structure on the Euphrates northwest of Baghdad. “If they open the dam, they can flood the area south of Baghdad as far as Karbala,” Shiite Islam’s the third holiest city.

-

“Remember, Ramadan starts on Saturday,” says Maguire. “Picture thousands of Shia pilgrims washing down the canals from the flood. If the Haditha Dam is opened, the roads to flee Baghdad from the south will be impassable, leaving the only way out to the east, to Iran.”

-

Maliki’s praetorian guard is starting to buckle, Maguire says. The prime minister senses it, and he "issued an order that no VIP travel is authorized, so he's strapped all the inner-circle Iraqis to the deck of his ship. I've been contacted by people in his inner circle asking for my help with getting money out of Baghdad,” Maguire adds. “His money guys are looking to get out. They're scared. They don't think this is going to hold, and they don't want to be the last guys in Baghdad with no money on the outside and no way out."

-

Maliki and his Iranian backers might be so desperate to rouse Shiites to fight that they’ll blow up one of the sect’s own holy sites and blame it on ISIS, Maguire and other intelligence sources say. "We are at a very dangerous period, because when al-Sistani gave his great call to arms for the Shia to rise up, they did not respond in great numbers, so they have to do something to scare the Shia into action,” Maguire says. “And I'm afraid that Maliki and Iran will create an incident, an atrocity of some sort, maybe blow up Shia shrines or have some atrocious event in Baghdad that will drive people into the streets.

-

"The Shia have got to do something to wake people up,” Maguire explains. “People are just not motivated. The desertions from the army are so bad that Maliki doesn't even know what units he has that are still operationally viable."

-

Other experts say Maguire’s prediction that pro-West Sunni tribal leaders want—and can—muscle ISIS aside after they take down Maliki is far too rosy. “That's what they are telling everyone,” Ken Pollack, a former CIA and White House National Security Council expert on Iraq, told Newsweek. “I have heard it from multiple sources. I think it accurately reflects their suspicion/antipathy to ISIS and the other militant groups,” Pollack added by email. “But there is a huge question regarding whether they can (1) take Baghdad, (2) get rid of Maliki, and (3) beat ISIS, even if they can do 1 and 2.

-

“ISIS and the other Sunni militant groups are actually a lot more dangerous than [Al-Qaeda in Iraq] was in 2007, and back then, the tribes needed a huge amount of U.S. combat power—like 50,000 ground combat troops—to get rid of Al-Qaeda in Iraq. We will not be providing the same level of combat power, no matter what happens” this time, Pollack added.

-

Pollack doesn’t doubt the Sunni tribes would like to turn on the ISIS, whose extreme brand of Islam doesn’t go down well with the country’s secular, liquor-loving Sunnis. “But I think it would be foolish,” Pollack said, “to assume that they can defeat the radicals as easily as they claim.”

-

Malcolm Nance, a former Navy and CIA counterterrorism operative, says Iraq’s Sunnis “have just committed suicide.” He tells Newsweek he had been planning to write a piece called “The Sunni Tribes Drink Antifreeze.”

-

“The Awakening could never happen again the way it did in 2007–2009,” says Nance, referring to the wartime U.S. operation that turned Sunnis insurgents away from fighting the Americans and onto attacking Al-Qaeda in Iraq. “At that time, the Sunnis were the heart of the insurgency. They had 25,000 active combatants and as many as 88,000 part-time and support insurgents. When they came over to the Awakening councils, they brought with them a lot of manpower and weapons and could push Al-Qaeda in Iraq out. Now that [Al-Qaeda] has [evolved into] the more combat-experienced ISIS and has many more foreign jihadis than it did in its peak of 2006, it is the insurgency. Everyone else is just a witness.

-

“ISIS...” adds Nance, “will…exact a painful level of control over the Sunni population that will make them regret the very moment they fooled themselves into believing Maliki was worse than Saddam. I was there last year for a month and all I kept hearing was that Maliki was a tyrant. They overestimate every political difficulty, but this time the Sunnis have signed their own death warrants.”

-

Former State Department officer Peter Van Buren calls Maguire’s scenario a "surge fantasy."

-

“Without much of a plan otherwise, it is not surprising for someone [from the] CIA to fall back on the narrative that, just [as with] Al-Qaeda, the tribes will kick ISIS out,” says Van Buren, who wrote a lacerating memoir of his time in Iraq, We Meant Well. “What else do they have to hope for?”

-

Such criticisms, Maguire counters, don’t “take into account the evolution of events since 2007. The battle space has changed completely in six-plus years. A new generation of Sunni leaders has emerged [who] have been treated like rubbish and been punished for six-plus years. That is a factor that changes their commitment.” Just recently in Rutba, he points out, along a highway 90 miles east of the Jordanian border, the Sunnis “killed about 30 ISIS guys, because they came in there with a sharia proclamation.”

-

Life by the Quran won’t sit well in a region that has “one of the highest consumptions of beer a year in Iraq,” Maguire says. The highway through the area “is like the Teamster redneck trucker corridor of Iraq.”

-

“When they make the decision that they have had enough of radical Islam,” Maguire argues, “they'll just jettison them. It'll be a horrible fight, but the outcome is not in doubt. The Sunni tribes will come out on top. It’s their country. They have something to fight for.”

http://www.newsweek.com/iraqs-sunnis-will-kick-out-isis-after-dumping-maliki-ex-cia-official-256270

• Upvote 1

:D:D:D

- CNN

Date and rates can be fun. 9-28-2014 over three dollar. LOL

PRAY FOR REVIVAL EVERYDAY

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

RevBo :)

Thanks for the article... if this is the case.. ISIS will be defeated in two weeks time max.. as everyone will ban and go after them like piranha 

Check out what Hatem said about ISIS a month, or so, ago. This maybe even easier than we thought. ISIS is being made to look like this big bad boogeyman, but they have only been allowed to stay in Iraq at Hatem's pleasure. He, and Barzani will take out the trash for us, and we'll do a few bombing runs and take the credit. The Sunnis have already taken back a town called Barawana today and are removing ISIS propaganda from the walls around town. These guys like their alcohol, and have to be fairly pissed off after three months of ISIS Sharia. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Hatem_al-Suleiman

Suleiman has also been involved in the 2014 Northern Iraq offensive, and he claims that ISIS only constitutes 5-7% of the anti-government forces. He claims that the majority of fighters are from Iraq's Sunni tribes. Suleiman has also claimed that these tribal forces would be able to defeat ISIS were the Maliki-run Iraqi government to withdraw government forces from North and North-Central Iraq.[6] Suleiman claimed however that tribal forces would not fight ISIS until Maliki was removed from office and Sunnis are given their rights.[7]

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that was from yesterday, and I was wrong about our response. The ISIS thing looks like it's gonna take a while. I didn't want that taken from another site. Please delete this thread, mods.

Revbo, glad  you let the article stay -  it is your opinion  from  your research - and a good one -  I  feel you are just a little on the reserved side and do not want to arouse any kind of heated  political debate -  of which  does no one any good - :)

I saw the article deleted from  Recaps - glad Nadita was able to  scarf it up beforehand - I even considered posting  it here  but decided  since  you did not yourself to lean on the safe side and not make anyone mad :)

Your research and studying when shared helps us all to gain a better perspective - hope you will  consider sharing more

• Upvote 1

Rev :)

If that is the case, there must be a very tough negotiation right now between the Kurds, Sunnis and Abadi.  That is why the meeting has been postponed a few times because of the negotiations.  If this is the case also, once the agreeement is settled and they come to the common ground, ISIS could fade away at no time.  You think once agreements are met, we will see the rv..? 

I have been thinking to myself why Iraqi government doesn't see the urgency of ISIS threat.. seems like they are into their own zone in the government/parliament.  They are still brawling about the defense and interior ministry.  But I read defense minister is already sworn in.. is that correct...?

Rev :)

If that is the case, there must be a very tough negotiation right now between the Kurds, Sunnis and Abadi.  That is why the meeting has been postponed a few times because of the negotiations.  If this is the case also, once the agreeement is settled and they come to the common ground, ISIS could fade away at no time.  You think once agreements are met, we will see the rv..? 

I have been thinking to myself why Iraqi government doesn't see the urgency of ISIS threat.. seems like they are into their own zone in the government/parliament.  They are still brawling about the defense and interior ministry.  But I read defense minister is already sworn in.. is that correct...?

Defense Minister is not sworn in to my knowledge, but the article I posted indicates Hatem has already signed on to take out ISIS, and they got started in Barawana today, removing ISIS from the town, and all of their propaganda from the walls. If Hatem is right, from some other statements, the reason the Iraqi army is not all that involved is because ISIS must be rooted out by local Sunnis, which is part of why we're hearing this discussion about forming National Guard units from local populations.

Defense Minister is not sworn in to my knowledge, but the article I posted indicates Hatem has already signed on to take out ISIS, and they got started in Barawana today, removing ISIS from the town, and all of their propaganda from the walls. If Hatem is right, from some other statements, the reason the Iraqi army is not all that involved is because ISIS must be rooted out by local Sunnis, which is part of why we're hearing this discussion about forming National Guard units from local populations.

Wow... my bad I think it was the oil minister..their names are so close to each other.. I am getting consfused... is the oil minister Abdul Mahdi is the same Mahdi for PM..? things are running into one big thing for me lol

Obama doesn't have anything to do with this.

It's all in Iraq's hands and they'll do things when they want to and when they feel the time is right.

ReinMan :)

I hope you are right.. Iraq needs to proof themselves to the world that they are able to take care of themselves... I think they will emerge.. we just have to wait while they pump the fluid into their wings :)

• Upvote 3

Great observations !!!  Thank you for sharing.  I wasn't aware of this tribal leader Hatem.  The picture is becoming more clear.  If they were waiting on our fearless leader do more than a handful of airstrikes a day, they and we are in trouble.  

Wow... my bad I think it was the oil minister..their names are so close to each other.. I am getting consfused... is the oil minister Abdul Mahdi is the same Mahdi for PM..? things are running into one big thing for me lol

Mahdi, the new oil minister, is the same guy who was up for the prime minister position, yes. He's the one who got sworn in today. Abadi is supposedly going to name his defense and interior ministers next week, at which point we will have a fully formed government. 

:D :D :D

- CNN

very well put!!! +ssss

• Upvote 1

Revbo: Still a great article that gives insight and a decent perspective. Definitely keep it up. Not your fault that the 9 nation coalition wasn't firmly in place, or that it included IRAN. Even that fact was suspected in advance by many of the Dinarians. That is what we get for trusting that this President would actually follow up in deed with his words. Do what is right Mr President when it's needed which is now. Not just for the RV but for a stable ME.