Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly September 9 2014

Adam Montana

Thanks

I'm not sure if you read the question correctly

The Greece shipping company doesn't make that type of money by shipping the oil

They will be bankrupt if they lose the law suit and continue

Why would shipping company's continue shipping oil if they see greeces shipping company in a law suit

Their revenues could be frozen pending the outcome

Out of 6 shipments 50 million dollars per shipment when the oil is only worth 100 million per shipment

Edited by dontlop

Don't spend it all in one place, get in touch with a financial adviser, DO NOT buy a new car.

You should be reading and studying now, so you're not overwhelmed when the day comes.

VIP is less than .50 per day... I know there are people out there on tight budgets, but if you want something bad enough there is always a way.

:twocents:

Don't spend it all in one place, get in touch with a financial adviser, DO NOT buy a new car. You should be reading and studying now, so you're not overwhelmed when the day comes. VIP is less than .50 per day... I know there are people out there on tight budgets, but if you want something bad enough there is always a way. :twocents:

I wish you would allow me to support you Adam but I understand! I think we are now closer than ever to finally seeing the RV! Will be looking to see the government defence position seated!

Don't spend it all in one place, get in touch with a financial adviser, DO NOT buy a new car.

You should be reading and studying now, so you're not overwhelmed when the day comes.

VIP is less than .50 per day... I know there are people out there on tight budgets, but if you want something bad enough there is always a way.

Lease?

Lease?

I'm not a huge fan of leasing vehicles... my vehicles are paid off and we will drive them until the wheels fall off or we have a need for a different type of vehicle.

At that time, I'll find a nice USED vehicle to purchase. I'll either pay cash or I'll finance it myself. (Want to open your mind to some incredible possibilities? Get this book: Be Your Own Banker or this one: Bank on Yourself - I'm using the strategy and it WORKS.)

My point is really this - when people win the lottery or get an inheritance or in our case stumble upon a nice windfall, SO MANY TIMES I've seen people go straight to the dealership and get a brand new vehicle. 

Listen, that "new car smell" is nice but it only lasts a few months... the financial hit you take when you drive that new car off the lot is permanent.

That's my :twocents: on vehicles... it works for me. May not work for everyone here. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

I'm not a huge fan of leasing vehicles... my vehicles are paid off and we will drive them until the wheels fall off or we have a need for a different type of vehicle.

At that time, I'll find a nice USED vehicle to purchase. I'll either pay cash or I'll finance it myself. (Want to open your mind to some incredible possibilities? Get this book: Be Your Own Banker or this one: Bank on Yourself - I'm using the strategy and it WORKS.)

My point is really this - when people win the lottery or get an inheritance or in our case stumble upon a nice windfall, SO MANY TIMES I've seen people go straight to the dealership and get a brand new vehicle.

Listen, that "new car smell" is nice but it only lasts a few months... the financial hit you take when you drive that new car off the lot is permanent.

That's my :twocents: on vehicles... it works for me. May not work for everyone here. :shrug:

I agree with the new car purchase. I don't want to spend that much money on something that will lose value the next day. I am in sales and trade my cars about once every 3 years because of the mileage I put on them. I was thinking a lease because I can keep trading up once every 3 or 4 years. I will check out the books!!

Ah, you are correct - I misread the question.

I actually don't know the details of that lawsuit so I was shooting from the hip... and obviously missed. :D

Got a link for me?

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/shipping/erbil/iraq-to-sue-greek-shipping-firm-mms-over-kurdish-26873767

Iraq to sue Greek shipping firm MMS over Kurdish crude oil shipments

Erbil (Platts)--4Sep2014/1121 am EDT/1521 GMT

Iraq's oil ministry plans to file legal proceedings in the coming days against a Greek shipping firm for its role in the export of crude oil by the semiautonomous Kurdistan Regional Government, to the tune of more than $318 million.

In a statement late Thursday, the ministry said it will submit its filing at the Court of Piraeus in Greece against Marine Management Services for its role in the management of several oil tankers involved in what the ministry considers the illegal export of Iraqi crude.

According to the statement, MMS operates five vessels -- the United Leadership, United Emblem, United Kalavrvta, United Carrier and United Dynamic -- which have been involved in transporting crude on behalf of the KRG.

"MMS has actively facilitated the KRG's illegal export scheme, repeatedly ignoring warnings that the crude oil it was carrying does not belong to the KRG," the statement said.

"Boobs alot, boobs alot.  I like boobs alot"

Lyrics from a song I like but don't know the title to.  And really don't care.  Just like the lyrics and the Mrs's boobs.

I like boobs, butts and babes.  All connected to the same gender.  Women

Edited by DWitte
  • Upvote 2

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/shipping/erbil/iraq-to-sue-greek-shipping-firm-mms-over-kurdish-26873767

Iraq to sue Greek shipping firm MMS over Kurdish crude oil shipments

Erbil (Platts)--4Sep2014/1121 am EDT/1521 GMT

Iraq's oil ministry plans to file legal proceedings in the coming days against a Greek shipping firm for its role in the export of crude oil by the semiautonomous Kurdistan Regional Government, to the tune of more than $318 million.

In a statement late Thursday, the ministry said it will submit its filing at the Court of Piraeus in Greece against Marine Management Services for its role in the management of several oil tankers involved in what the ministry considers the illegal export of Iraqi crude.

According to the statement, MMS operates five vessels -- the United Leadership, United Emblem, United Kalavrvta, United Carrier and United Dynamic -- which have been involved in transporting crude on behalf of the KRG.

"MMS has actively facilitated the KRG's illegal export scheme, repeatedly ignoring warnings that the crude oil it was carrying does not belong to the KRG," the statement said.

Thanks for that.

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out... where are they going to file the suit, and what court will hear the case?

KRG says they are acting perfectly legal, Baghdad is grasping for straws, "suing" anyone they can to try to force the Kurds to not move forward... but will that work?

I don't think so.

The Greeks aren't the only shipping company out there, and even if Greece does submit to the (probably empty) threats being made by Baghdad, either another shipping company will do the work or maybe the KRG forms their OWN shipping company.

Either way, I just don't think this has teeth... Baghdad's going to have to compromise if they want that revenue, and the KRG is doing everything right to force them to "PLAY NICE".

I agree with the new car purchase. I don't want to spend that much money on something that will lose value the next day. I am in sales and trade my cars about once every 3 years because of the mileage I put on them. I was thinking a lease because I can keep trading up once every 3 or 4 years. I will check out the books!!

I really think that's a personal choice... if you feel the need to trade cars every 3-4 years, and you don't mind a perpetual car payment, then by all means leasing is probably the "least hassle" route.

But if you're asking which route is the most fiscally conservative, obviously it's easy to do the math and get a hard number. Cost of Leasing for 4 years vs Cost of buying minus trade in/sale value when you swap vehicles in same amount of time, OR lifetime value of the vehicle if you drive it till the wheels fall off... did you save money in the long run by keeping the owned car?

The only way I would do a lease over owning is if the numbers showed I save money that way. Otherwise, it's just a vehicle and if you refrain from smoking and eating in the car, and get it detailed a few times a year, it's easy to keep your ride like new and save the money that gets lost when you trade in your lease.

But again... that's just me. As the saying goes, "milage will vary".

:twothumbs:

Thanks for that.

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out... where are they going to file the suit, and what court will hear the case?

KRG says they are acting perfectly legal, Baghdad is grasping for straws, "suing" anyone they can to try to force the Kurds to not move forward... but will that work?

I don't think so.

The Greeks aren't the only shipping company out there, and even if Greece does submit to the (probably empty) threats being made by Baghdad, either another shipping company will do the work or maybe the KRG forms their OWN shipping company.

Either way, I just don't think this has teeth... Baghdad's going to have to compromise if they want that revenue, and the KRG is doing everything right to force them to "PLAY NICE".

:

It's been filed

The oil ministry confirmed in a statement that it had opened the case at the Court of Piraeus in Greece against Marine Management Services (MMS).

That's why I asked

The rest of the shipping company's will see this and won't want to be held up in court

Iraq federal govt sets the international trade policy

And the Kurds can't come up with a title of ownership for the oil to sell it

They still have 4 or 5 ships floating around full of oil and Turkish storage facilities are full

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens

Thanks again Adam

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2014/09/08/Iraq-files-claim-against-Greek-oil-shipper/5431410184729/