Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BREATHING

Thaiexpat

As many of your know, I am a doc over here and I do a lot of "alternative" stuff. One of the services I operate at the hospital I work for is hyperbaric oxygen chamber or HBOT. You've probably seen or heard about this in diving-related discussions. It has been around for about 200 years, so its anything but "New Age Hippy Stuff". What it does is bring pressurized, pure O2 into your body. We know that, under pressure, all fluid can carry oxygen and O2 is what its all about for optimal living. The difference between me now (52) and when I was my son's age (6) is my ability to absorb/utilize O2. This is why HBOT can be an effective and safe treatment of many conditions. I have tons of kids with autism, ADHD (BS diagnoses, by-the-way), older folks with post-stroke problems, ect. using HBOT with positive results.

Now, maybe after the RV, you can go out and buy one, but that isn't really practical for most people. Also, proper operation, getting O2 cylinders might cramp many.

However, you can improve you O2 intake by breathing PROPERLY. Those who play martial arts, do yoga or meditation know exactly what I am talking about: Qi breathing, belly-breathing, etc.

If you have never been to told by a doc to "Breath!" then I am telling you now. Studies have confirmed the profound benefits to proper breathing: lowering of blood pressure, improving diabetes, better sleep, hormonal balancing, stress-reduction, to name-a-few. Those to practice daily Tai Chi, Qi Gong, ect are generally more healthy (of course, there are other issues involved) and have superior oxygen perfusion levels then those who only do "cardio" or aerobic.

Deep-breathing is from the abdomen. The belly is expanded, not the chest. YouTube has plenty of demonstrations, but the best way to learn is to seek a person who can teach you directly. Start slowly and work your way up in time. Before you know it, you are doing it automatically and not "trying" to breath this way.

You'd be surprise how you feel being flooded with O2!

OK! So if you are too lazy to learn-go out and buy an HBOT!! Hahahaha.

To your health.....Cheers

Edited by Thaiexpat
  • Upvote 7

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMt_1jw47Q

Deep breathing

Thanks I know if I can't sleep at night I usually have trouble getting out a full yawn

I get these short imcomplete yawns

So what I do is take three consecutive deep breaths as deep as I can , as much air as I can take in

And on that third breath 99% of the time I can't help it but it happens like every time

I get a full complete yawn and that's usually all it takes and I wake up the next day

That yawn is something

It works for me

Try it some time if your laying in bed and can't fall asleep

A friends wife developed MS in the early 90's.

As she got worse, she lost her mobility.

One of her "bucket list" things was to do a dive.

Her hubby, Gary, and I were both on the Kootenai County Underwater Search and Rescue.

He a Sheriff deputy, and I was a Firefighter.

After a lot of preparation, Gary wheeled Beth to a dock and helped her gear up.

We dropped 2 emergency tanks, and another rescue diver joined us.

We took her 40' for the first dive.

She enjoyed it immensely, and we took her to 110' on the 2nd dive.

She didn't even use her cane for a week.

They started doing weekly dives, at least 3 atmospheres.(99')

When I moved the next year she only had to use hew wheelchair a few times

Sometime in the early 2000's there was a report of MS therapy in Florida using chambers.

When Nitrox came out, we started because of the insane bottom times.

Then we discovered how we felt after an hour at 26% -28% mix with max depth 120'.

As divers we used to joke we were addicted to compressed air, because we felt so good after a dive.

Didn't realize it actually WAS good until after 25 years of diving.

You can always do a 4 part breathing, but strap on a tank and go jump in the ocean, it's wayyy more fun...

• Upvote 3

100% right on, DDS. The real deal is much better than any chamber. When I do 2 hours at 2.2 ATA the boredom drives me nuts! (Speaking of which, the urge to take a leak is pretty bad also-in the ocean PROBLEM SOLVED! hahaha)

Maybe you need to talk with a few other MS folks and try a little "pilot study"? Kinda like how the "pets project" evolved. MIght make you famous: DDS MS TX Protocol

Who knows. Keep up the good work! To your health.....

• 3 weeks later...