Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunnis Lawmakers Pull Out of New Government Talks

countryroads

Al-Abadi condemns the murder of worshipers in Diyala, demanding the prosecution of the killers and the announcement of results of the investigation 22/08/2014 21:02:00

BAGHDAD / NINA / Assigned Prime Minister Dr. Haider Abadi strongly condemned on Friday targeting and killing of civilians and worshipers in Diyala province.

A statement by the Information Office of the assigned Prime Minister "said that Abadi strongly condemns the killing of civilians and worshipers in Diyala province, and calls on citizens to cooperate to miss the opportunity to the enemies of Iraq who are trying to stir up discord among the citizens of one nation.

He also called for relevant services to severely prosecute the killers and speed up the declaration of results of the investigation announced by the leadership of the armed forces./ End

• Upvote 5

I think the Sunnis needs to get a life an get back into the real world. Pulling out of the govermnment has grown old for these people, they need to quit living in a world of a thousand years ago an start to not only participate but demand more from their government. They have forgotten they (Sunnis) was the back bone of the insurgency that killed thousands of Iraqs not so many years ago. They need to put their big boy pants on an reach down an try to find a pair of B$$$$ an help secure their country an quit whinning about every little thing that doesn't go their way...Heck, I'll start calling them a Democrat if they don't straighten up.

• Upvote 7

I think the Sunnis needs to get a life an get back into the real world. Pulling out of the govermnment has grown old for these people, they need to quit living in a world of a thousand years ago an start to not only participate but demand more from their government. They have forgotten they (Sunnis) was the back bone of the insurgency that killed thousands of Iraqs not so many years ago. They need to put their big boy pants on an reach down an try to find a pair of B$$$$ an help secure their country an quit whinning about every little thing that doesn't go their way...Heck, I'll start calling them a Democrat if they don't straighten up.

That about sums it up.

• Upvote 4

Thanks countryroads....I'll bet ya a dinar to a donut that Maliki's behind this and It would be poetic jutice if this's the straw that breaks the camels back... 

Good thinking skeetdog, it smells fishy to me too. All that we can hope for is that it comes to light and that he is held accountable, finally.  :bravo:  :soon:

• Upvote 1

Well said.  Of course, lol, the problem with this happening is their religion, it doesn't like to let them forget grudges.  They are worse than the Hatfields and McCoys!!!  lol  :)

I always thought I was bad, lol, I hold grudges 'till they die of old age, then I take them in to be stuffed!!!  hahahahhahahahaha  But these guys, lol, they surpass anything I ever did.

What is really sad, is that there will never be ANY accounting for any guilty parties in all of this.  For all their grude holding and revenge killings and martyr's, they never ever do seem to get around to the "real" guilty parties.  I think that is the saddest part.  :(  Maybe things would change then, maybe.

So when they broke into the mosque and violated their own religion by killing these people on their Holy day of prayer, what did they think they would accomplish by this act? Did they think that this would "even" things up and that would be the end of it. I think that the government should go ahead and convene with the members that are present. I think that the others who have pulled out should be able to return when they like. But they should be warned that any laws that were passed in their absence is not open for any debat or discussion. Maybe the thought of laws being passed that they have no say in might make them think twice before walking out over trivial things.

Just my opinion.

Edited by countryroads
  • Upvote 2

So when they broke into the mosque and violated their own religion by killing these people on their Holy day of prayer, what did they think they would accomplish by this act? Did they think that this would "even" things up and that would be the end of it. I think that the government should go ahead and convene with the members that are present. I think that the others who have pulled out should be able to return when they like. But they should be warned that any laws that were passed in their absence is not open for any debat or discussion. Maybe the thought of laws being passed that they have no say in might make them think twice before walking out over trivial things.

Just my opinion.

although I agree with what they should do,I have to say the killing of innocent lives is not trivial.

• Upvote 1

Sunni, Shia, Shiite.

All fall under the heading of Islam.

Is there any difference between them

and the different groups under the heading

of Christian?

Why do the Islamic groups want to kill each

other, while the Christian groups manage to

get along?

Seems to me that the world needs to do

a shut down and restart.

Maybe that would help...

The Sunnis pulled out today after an attack on one of their mosques. They are blaming the Shiites for the attack that killed many worshipers. So there goes more time wasted.

There are a number of questions which need to be asked about this massacre.

1.  Why would the Sunnis IMMEDIATELY blame the Shiites and not ISIS?  ISIS thinks nothing about killing anyone to accomplish their purpose.  So why was it so immediate that they walked out?  I think they might have had some "encouragement" as to who might be involved.

2.  The bombings go on all the time in Baghdad.  Why when this happened did they immediately leave?  Humm.

3.  Who has the most to gain from causing the Sunnis to depart the meeting?  Maliki and his son.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone until it is investigated, but sure seems suspiciously Malikian to me. (Not that he did it, but he had it done.)

The Sunni Arabs were also the backbone of saddam hussien regime who oppressed and gassed and murdered raped and stole from the Sunni Kurds and the shittes for over two decades

This is why the Kurds and the shittes should be sticking together

They need a little refresher course , trust but verify type of deal