Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

letter of authenticity

69mustang

Anything that can be created CAN be counterfeited.

As for an authentic letter of authenticity... why bother? It won't bypass anything the banks do to authenticate your currency. It means nothing to them and should mean the same to you because when the time comes to exchange your dinar a piece of paper stating that the dinar you hold is REAL is pretty much irrelevant because they WILL go through the process and follow the guidelines put in place to authenticate so, I say forget about a silly letter and hope that the currency you hold is indeed "authentic".

Edited by Djorgie

What makes a "letter of authenticity" authentic? Looks like if you could counterfeit dinar, you could counterfeit the letter.

When you exchange your currency, they(the bank or currency exchange agency) will place your currency in a De La Rue machine that looks like a counter. If your currency is not authentic, it will south it out from the rest. It is extremely accurate! That's authentic enough.

Pardon my typing... I meant "spit it out".

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like others have touched on, a bank or currency exchange could care less about a COA. A COA is nothing more than a piece of paper printed in microsoft word, you or I could make up a COA, it means nothing. All a bank will care about is that the currency is legit. Some people have made mention of a bank will just run them through a De La Rue machine. I doubt that, Though banks do have currency authentication and counting machines I believe De La Rue is specifically for the DInar, and they aren't cheap so I doubt many banks currently do or will have de la rue machines in the future. ALso just because the dinar rv's hypotheticlaly doesn't mean banks will be buying it. Heck most banks are getting out of the currency exchange business period and not even dealing with Euros or Pounds or normal curencies let alone exotic currencies like the dinar. That said should theDinar become a forex currency yeah I imagine many banks will deal with it but are by no means required to.

There's a number of forum posts as well as blog posts and articles about COA's, here's one...

http://iraqidinarrevalue.blogspot.com/2014/01/3-reasons-your-iraqi-dinar-certificate.html

ONe other thing as far as how do we know a COA is legit. Well first off the are prety meaningless so it doesn't really matter in the first place. I guess if nothing else its the company who sold it to you at least saying they stand behind the product htey are selling so gives the buyer piece of mind. Many people buy DInar not just to make money but because they collect currency or for the historical significance so it's kind of a cool keepsake or novelty I guess. 

Hypothetically if COA's did have any meaning they would need to have a few things. First off they should probably be numbered and some have type of inventory control over them so that a dealer can say coa number 100029 was issued to this person. Also, there's no way to tie a COA to a particular set of dinar so hypothetically I buy a million DInar from Dinar Trade, get a COA. I then sell that million and keep the COA, print a million on my computer and then sell to some guy and give him my coa from DinarTrade saying my "fake" dinar is legit. THe COA would have to specifically list this COA goes with this million DInar with serial numbers from 001 to 040, otherwise any COA can be paired with any set of Dinar fake or real. 

My Dinar is absolutely authentic.  I got it at 5/3 Bank.....not the Franklin Mint.    :huh: 

GO RV, and NO BV

I've bought from banks, dealers and ebay but honestly I would probably trust a dealer more than a bank. A dealer only deals with dinar and maybe one or two other currencies for the most part where as the bank doesn't deal with that much foreign currency let alone the DInar. Not incinuating any dinar bought from a bank isn't real but just because yo ubought it from a bank is no gurantee.

• Upvote 1