Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Supreme Court Rules in Maliki's Favor

hozer

The court will have the last word

Unless Maliki gets assassinated for trying to use the courts and rule of law to decide

Someone is really worried about what the courts might say trying to sway public opinion before the decision

Just like the court will have the last word on the Kurdish oil sales

The court will have the last word on the Kurdish presidents actions

The constitution is written

Someone is right and someone is wrong

No biggie

That's what the Supreme Court is for according to that same constitution

To interpret the constitution and settle political differences

• Downvote 1

Apparently, dontlop is a big advocate of constitutional law, regardless of who is manipulating it to their own advantage.

Maliki obtained his 2nd term, even though he failed to received the most votes, by using this same tactic. He got the winner (Allawi) to relinquish his claim on the PM position, and agree to share power based on a provision of the Constitution that does not exist.

Once Maliki became the Prime Minister, he reneged on that agreement based on the argument of the non-existent Constitutional provision, which he knew beforehand. That's similar to a poker player who knows he has the ace of spades, and you don't.

I could go into many of the other violations of the law Maliki has committed, such as failing to appoint key ministers, but what's the point? The fact remains, he is out, and there is no amount of last minute legal wrangling that will change that!

Billio0

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It doesn't matter if he robs a store doesn't mean you should too

Rule of law is pertinent

Ya can't continue with lawlessness forever because someone in history was lawless

Use the court

The court will have the last word on the newly elected Kurdish presidents actions

And the court will have the last word on the Kurdish oil sales

• Downvote 1

Maliki is too far gone at this point. It's just one day, and the way the play around with their holidays, they can easily go with Masoum's argument that Eid was actually three days and not two, and say the real deadline was Monday. Maliki's constitutional lawyer, Harb, had already said abadi's appointment was legal, and for the court to disagree now, they would be taking on Sistani, Harb, every Sunni, every Kurd, and as of about two hours ago, even Maliki's own Dawa Party.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't matter what the ruling is

There has to be a ruling

By the Supreme Court to settle it from now on

Copied and pasted off the constitution >>> Decisions of the Federal Supreme Court are final and binding for all authorities.

Edited by dontlop

It doesn't matter if he robs a store doesn't mean you should too

Rule of law is pertinent

Ya can't continue with lawlessness forever because someone in history was lawless

Use the court

The court will have the last word on the newly elected Kurdish presidents actions

And the court will have the last word on the Kurdish oil sales

Thanks again for expressing your confidence and faith in the infallibility of the court system, whether in Iraq or here in the USA.

It is a fact that Maliki has padded the court with his very own cronies who saw no problem with passing judgment against his enemies when they called him a tyrant and dictator in public. Apparently, the Court in not as pristine and unbiased as you would have us believe.

But, I have no problem with what you believe in dontlop, because you have demonstrated on more than one occasion here that it is your passion. Whether the Kurds have a right to do what they do, or Maliki should be retained as the PM matters not to you, even if it is the will of the people.

You only follow the rule of law, which I might add is OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people!

Billio0

• Upvote 3

Thanks again for expressing your confidence and faith in the infallibility of the court system, whether in Iraq or here in the USA.

It is a fact that Maliki has padded the court with his very own cronies who saw no problem with passing judgment against his enemies when they called him a tyrant and dictator in public. Apparently, the Court in not as pristine and unbiased as you would have us believe.

But, I have no problem with what you believe in dontlop, because you have demonstrated on more than one occasion here that it is your passion. Whether the Kurds have a right to do what they do, or Maliki should be retained as the PM matters not to you, even if it is the will of the people.

You only follow the rule of law, which I might add is OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people!

Billio0

Wasting you're time Billio... These two are going to go back and fourth as long as they let them. Really doesn't matter what either of them think... Iraq is going to do what ever they want just like they always have.

• Upvote 4

Earlier on Monday, in a boost to Maliki's bid to stay on for a third term, a top Iraqi court ruled that his group is the largest in the country's parliament. http://www.siasat.com/english/news/iraqi-parliaments-deputy-speaker-nominated-pm

Monday's Supreme Court decision underpins the latter accusation by Maliki, whose State of Law coalition holds some 95 of the legislative body's 328 seats - although this represents just 24 percent of the popular vote. http://www.dw.de/iraqi-court-backs-malikis-bid-for-third-term-media/a-17845259

So how on Monday did the new president pick the new pm?

When the constitution clearly says he must pick the winner of the largest bloc

dontlop my friend you should probably change your name from dontlop to LOP........really...it's like you WISH for things to take a downturn and this thing to turn ugly for us all just to make you feel vindicated. A little optimism would not hurt. And yes you will probably say that you defend the truth, You have the right to defend what you think is the truth most definitely, but I choose another way.

I choose to make comments that give hope to people, and who knows, perhaps I will be vindicated  ;) instead of you..and how many smiles will that put on peoples faces (including yours) because I believe in this and I believe one day, sooner or later, we will be pleasantly surprised despite everything.

If I am wrong in my comments, or have offended you in any way I apologise publically, that was not my intention.

• Upvote 3

Wasting you're time Billio... These two are going to go back and fourth as long as they let them. Really doesn't matter what either of them think... Iraq is going to do what ever they want just like they always have.

Not me, man. I just came in to set the record straight on the articles that said the court had ruled in Maliki's favor. I wasn't looking for an argument. As of today, the court has basically decided to punt and wait and see if it works itself out, which it mostly likely will since Maliki has zero support left. There's even an article that says Maliki is about to drop his complaint. We'll see how that works out, but I'm not looking for a fight. 

Not me, man. I just came in to set the record straight on the articles that said the court had ruled in Maliki's favor. I wasn't looking for an argument. As of today, the court has basically decided to punt and wait and see if it works itself out, which it mostly likely will since Maliki has zero support left. There's even an article that says Maliki is about to drop his complaint. We'll see how that works out, but I'm not looking for a fight. 

There's no need to argue over anything the way I see it. Maliki has lost all significant support and is toast. The last hope he has is the decision of the court, but even then  I have a feeling that it will be not be in his favor because again M has lost all support even in his own party that officially supports abadi now.

If he is smart enough, he will drop his futile effort and take his money and go to Cayman Islands buy a villa and live happily ever after.

And after the RV maybe I'll bump into him there and buy him a drink or something... ;)

• Upvote 2

dontlop my friend you should probably change your name from dontlop to LOP........really...it's like you WISH for things to take a downturn and this thing to turn ugly for us all just to make you feel vindicated. A little optimism would not hurt. And yes you will probably say that you defend the truth, You have the right to defend what you think is the truth most definitely, but I choose another way.

I choose to make comments that give hope to people, and who knows, perhaps I will be vindicated  ;) instead of you..and how many smiles will that put on peoples faces (including yours) because I believe in this and I believe one day, sooner or later, we will be pleasantly surprised despite everything.

If I am wrong in my comments, or have offended you in any way I apologise publically, that was not my intention.

I could'nt agree with you more.           You just said what Im thinking every time he makes a comment on any thread.    Im like " what side is this guy on" he sounds so negative. As if he doesn't want for this to go well for us.

Sorry dontlop dont mean to offend you either but thats the impression that you give.

• Upvote 3

I could'nt agree with you more.           You just said what Im thinking every time he makes a comment on any thread.    Im like " what side is this guy on" he sounds so negative. As if he doesn't want for this to go well for us.

Sorry dontlop dont mean to offend you either but thats the impression that you give.

MIT some people are feeding on negativity what can I say.... :shrug:

• Upvote 1