Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SteveI: I Can See The Finish Line - It Will Probably RV Before My Update !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting While SteveI Performs A 'Penn + Teller' Act With His Invisible And Silent Partner Ray !

** Iqbal: National Alliance submitted a request to postpone the search the large...

gcar, said:  Will this EVER get settled?

Stevel:  Here is how this will play out. If the National Alliance can not submit a single candidate, then the president of the parliament will ask the second largest bloc to submit theirs. That is the procedure   Hope that helps.   Steve

** Iqbal: National Alliance submitted a request to postpone the search the large...

peanut46, on 05 Aug 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:  how long can they keep postponing it before the ask the second bloc to name their candidate?

Stevel:   I do believe all of this news is misleading. Ray and I will reach out this morning and see if we can get a handle on what really took place yesterday and what is next     Thanks,  Steve
~~~

**  Deputy for change: interim Finance held a meeting before the parliamentary se...

Stevel:  FYI, everything is on track and for the most part, all blocs seem to be agreeing on expediting this process due to the extreme need for money. This will not be delayed.  Blessings,  Steve

** Iqbal: National Alliance submitted a request to postpone the search the large...

peanut46, on 05 Aug 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:   thanks Steve, I was kinda hoping to wake up and see that they had a new PM this morning. 

Stevel:  They may be drifting off course a bit, but nothing that cannot be easily corrected. It is all good. Hang in there.  Have a safe week.  Steve

**Maliki's choice to leave Iraq ...... Abdul Rahman Al-Rashed

Posted by SteveI:    I hereby dedicate this article all of the experts that claim that Maliki will remain the Prime Minister for another term. Someone should send this Phoenix360. One one wanted to bet all of his dinars that he would remain PM.  Huge progress and love the news!  Have a great week.   Steve

** Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...

Posted by SteveI    Icing on the cake.  Major news and so great for the Iraqi people.   Go Iraq!  Steve

** Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...

Posted by SteveI  I can see the Finish  Line   now. New task the budget and we are there, finally.  Blessings,  Steve

smokem111, said:  So steve is this good news? I mean I thought mandi or chalabi. Do the people like jafari?

Posted by SteveI:     Yes it is, there were four great ones and the two I mentioned were in the running but that was a month ago and a few things have changed.   This is awesome.   Steve

Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...

Posted by SteveI:     One of the main reasons this is huge, Iraq would not pass the budget or open it as long as Maliki held the title of Prime Minister. If that happened, he could get his hands on the money and a disaster would have been in the making.

Perfect timing and very well planned out. Now the new PM can oversee the process and make sure the allocation of funds are distributed properly.

Smile everyone, because if you are not smiling yet, you will be very shortly.  Before it was History in the Making, but now it is History has been Made!!!!!   Blessings,  Steve

** Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...

goods10, , said:   This guy was the PM of Iraq from 2005-2006 during the Transitional Government. From what I have read he was basically forced to step aside by the U.S. and the U.S. wedged Allawi into the PM position in 2006 until Maliki took over in 2008. I think I have that correct.

Stevel:   Yes you are correct.

** In Topic: United: Najafi candidate to fill the position of vice president

smokem111, , said:    I think I smell a possible up date coming soon. could b e wrong, but it will be steve last one. He Is just to excited. Just sayin

Stevel:   Finally ran out of things to update you on, well I do have one more in mind. It will probably RV before I get it done. :)    Blessings,  Steve

** In Topic: Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...

The S Family, said:   So they kept with their "deadline" of nominating today, that is encouraging! Then vote Thursday correct?

Stevel:  No not correct.

Here is how Ray and I understand this. Please do correct us if this is not right.

The voting you all are talking about is the voting within the largest bloc to present a single candidate to the parliament. Once that is done, he is the Prime Minister period. There is no more voting.

The new Prime Minister has 30 days to select and complete his cabinet. If he cannot do that, then the President of the parliament will go to the next largest bloc and ask for their candidate, etc.

This guy is and will be the next Prime Minister of Iraq providing he can fulfill his duties within the timeline set forth in the constitutional deadlines.

I hope this helps. So, there is not more voting except on the budget to pass and put it into law along with the HCL which will be done together.  Blessings,  Steve

** In Topic: Citizen: the National Alliance, Ibrahim al-Jaafari was nominated to fill the...
dinarmite, said:    It's only 30 days, Marine. It was a total of 45 between the POR asking for a nomination and the nomination and filling out his cabinet.

Stevel:  Correct!

** In Topic: Abadi calls for approving the budget as soon as to cover the expenses of mili...

Stevel:  I second this request!!  Steve

• Upvote 4

Isn't this Steve I's annual "see the finish line " report ? It seems that he has one of these post's every year..... sometimes he'll have a couple of these some years.  And to quote his friend, Okie, "N'UFF SAID" !

• Upvote 2