Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

He Thought His Dog Had Led Him to a Rabbit.

Sentinel7

He Thought His Dog Had Led Him to a Rabbit. Then It Moved, and He Yelled for Help.

Jul. 30, 2014 10:27am Liz Klimas

A Michigan man let his dog lead him down a road they usually don’t walk on Monday morning. When he saw what the dog, Bobby, stopped at, he was stunned.

“He brought me over to about here, and there’s when I saw what [looked like] a rabbit at first,” Jeff Kopp of Diamond Lake, Michigan, told WOOD-TV. “Then it moved. That’s when I started yelling.”

Bobby led his owner to an abandoned baby that law enforcement said was outside for up to six hours earlier this week. (Image source: WOOD-TV)

A closer look revealed it was a newborn baby with its umbilical cord still attached.

Kopp yelled for his wife and daughter, who called 911 and brought a blanket to warm the naked baby found in the grass on a cool morning, WOOD reported.

“Once the women picked her up and wrapped her up, then eventually she started to cry and we knew that she was OK,” Kopp told the news station.

Kopp’s daughter, Kathleen Neal, pointed to the area where the baby was found Monday. The baby was taken to the hospital where it was later listed in fair condition. (Image source: WOOD-TV)

Medical responders arrived, evaluated the baby and took her to a local hospital, where she was later listed in fair condition, WZZM-TV reported.

“I feel that we were led to that place, OK, because it was out of the ordinary for me to come in this direction,” Kopp told WOOD. “I tend to think it was God [who] led us this way, that all life is precious to Him.”

Kathleen Neal, Kopp’s daughter, told MLive she saw a young teenage neighbor watching from across the street when the baby was found.

“She acted like she was totally clueless, like she didn’t know what happened. She said she saw a car drive by at 5:30 a.m.,” Neal told MLive. “She also said that if it was hers, she would never do something like that and how could anybody do something like that to a baby.”

This young woman was later found to be the mother of the child. She was taken to the hospital as well and investigators were going to interview her about the situation.

Michigan has a “Safe Delivery” law, which allows mothers to “safely surrender their newborn child no more than 72 hours old to an employee who is inside and on duty at any hospital, fire department, police station or by calling 911.” The program is meant to be an alternative to complete abandonment.

With this law in place, Neal told WOOD she doesn’t understand why the mother left the child outside.

“I know she’s a young girl, but she’s not stupid, so it really makes me wonder why,” Neal told the news station. “It’s just really hard to believe. It’s really hard to believe that someone would do that.”

Watch WOOD-TV’s report about the incident:

As of Monday, the girl was not presented with any criminal charges.

She must of been really afraid of something

Her fear of not knowing who the father was or being able to take care of it or the idea that she would end up single the rest of her life

The whole idea of it is baffling

I put my parents thru hell growing up

If I was my dad

I would of killed me a couple times

I regret a few things

Their forgiveness is what Carries me thru life

How could they forgive me like they did is also baffling

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

You get no sympathy from me about his girl. She had a good 8 months to think about what to do with this pregnancy and the baby.

She more than knew who the father was. She was afraid??? Really..!!! she should be afraid to jump in the sack or the back of some truck with a guy and get it on.

Nope, she knew darn well what she was doing. I hope they charge her and prevent her from ever having children again. Backwood girls as they call them.