Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

State Law: We will give Maliki a candidate for a third term after the Eid holiday

pluMmet

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fxendan.org%2Farabic%2FdrejaA.aspx%3F%3Dhewal%26jmara%3D720%26Jor%3D2&edit-text=

maliki1452012-bbbb.jpg

Khandan - said Khalid al-Asadi, leader of the State of Law coalition, which is led by Nuri al-Maliki, said that the coalition would provide al-Maliki, a candidate for prime minister in accordance with the legal system adopted as the bloc is the largest number in the event of the failure of the National Alliance, a final agreement after the holiday on a candidate for prime minister.

Asadi said, that "the National Alliance in front of him more time until the end of the holiday of Eid al-Fitr to agree on a candidate for prime minister, in the absence of agreement on the candidate would be incumbent on the state law to provide candidate Nuri al-Maliki's position as the biggest bloc in the Iraqi parliament after obtaining the highest seats compared to the rest of the political blocs. "

He said al-Asadi told "Anatolia" Turkish, "The constitutional process will proceed regardless of the results, which will produce in the event of granting Maliki confidence or not when it is submitted as a candidate of the largest bloc number to head the government," noting that "all political parties to respect the constitutional procedures."

He said al-Asadi that "in the case of al-Maliki was able to form a government and gaining the confidence of Parliament will go out, but did not succeed For President assigning of another candidate to form a government."

Is this article saying they're offering up the PM candidacy to Maliki, or just that they're offering up a candidate within his party?

And if they are offering up Maliki the candidacy, I have to go outside and scream really loud and that would be the most unbelievable thing yet in this often unbelievable dinar journey.

"In the event of the failure of the National Alliance, a final agreement" sounds to me as thought the SOL is admitting that the NA gets the first crack at nominating a candidate for PM.  If that nominee fails, the SOL is saying that they will nominate Maliki as Plan B.  Oy! 

Edited by Rabbi

For all struggling with this, here is the cliff notes. National Alliance is the largest bloc in parliament and gets to choose the prime minister. NA is composed of like 5 different blocs. State Law, Maliki's bloc, has the majority seats within the NA. Only State Law wants to keep Maliki as the choice while other blocs not so much.

We are witnessing internal wrangling of the NA. Now they want to give it more time before offering their candidate until after the Eid holiday. The pressure is on because all other components except a Prime Minister has been placed to form a government.

• Upvote 3

I am hoping that time is what is going to be on their side to rid themselves of maliki.  Once they have no PM in 15 days, then would it not be up to the President to place one?   I am not sure about that, but again, like I said in another article thread, Talabani should have gotten rid of maliki when he had the chance.  Instead he messed around and got poisoned and had a stroke or something.  I guess we will never know.  Let's see if this masouud faid fauid (whatever his name is) will do just that.  Wait it out while parliament bickers and place anyone but maliki.   I guess we will know something after the holiday,  or NOT...l :shrug:

Thanks plummet....Yep...sums it up pretty well...Good idea, Think I'll pop a top myself...would want to think you was drinkin' all alone ''Boozer''...'Cheers'...

Hell, got to excited better kill this'n and make it two.....That was I would not want my buddy to drink alone....

All we can do is watch and wait.  It is up to the POR to ask for a nominee from the largest bloc.  At this point there hasn't been a formal declaration from anyone who the largest bloc is unfortunately.  The SOL goons will continue to lie until they are shoved aside.  We will see more lies from them saying the same things, "we are the biggest bloc, we will nominate Maliki" until either the Fed Court makes an official ruling or the POR asks the largest bloc to put their candidate forth.  Its going to be trying to read them over and over being loyal to this a'hole.  Just remember don't get upset unless you see an official statement from the President or the Fed Court.  Everything else (good or bad) is bull.

By the way this Maliki pic of him standing alone has been used for almost a year, doesn't mean anything.