Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tanker loaded with oil from the Kurdistan region approaching U.S. port

That's Halarious

Of course its going to a refinery

One day the Kurds will learn about the United Nations

They are not a nation

The entire fiasco was stupid

The question is where is the money going for that oil

International trade policy is set up by the federal govts not who ever decides they can do what they want

The Iraqi constitution clearly states that

Article 107:

The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating, signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade policy;

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including creating and managing armed forces to secure the protection, and to guarantee the security of Iraq's borders and to defend Iraq;

Last I heard the Iraqi border surrounds and includes Kurdistan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Kurds will never leave Iraq, but they are pushing Baghdad's buttons.

Everyone knows what's coming, especially Iraqi politicians, for some unknown reason

parliament would rather drag things out. However, the Kurds are far more aggressive.

It's a dangerous game there playing, but in the end Babylon will rise to glory.

It's as simple as that.

"Babylon the Great" mentioned in Revelation is NOT the physical "Babylon" in Iraq. It's an ideological place, the monetary system. Replacing physical gold, silver and copper (which God says is "money" with fiat currencies. "money printed out of nothing. JMHO

Wm13

I refuse to get into a theological debate with you, nor do I wish to publicly chastise

your understanding of the word of God.

Suffice it to say, that I emphatically know that Babylon the national concept, and

political entity, and the cradle of civilization will rise beyond it's former glory.

You may believe what you wish.

• Upvote 1

It is NOT the "cradle of Civilization" and I believe you are deceived by your Catholic upbringing. Either way, we sall see in our days I believe. Go back to Genesis, where are the mouths of the rivers?

You can NOT answer that, because you do not know, no one does! I mean NO ONE! Because it is protected by an Angel with a twirling sword! No One has access to it.

Period!

Wm13

That's Halarious

Of course its going to a refinery

One day the Kurds will learn about the United Nations

They are not a nation

The entire fiasco was stupid

The question is where is the money going for that oil

International trade policy is set up by the federal govts not who ever decides they can do what they want

The Iraqi constitution clearly states that

Article 107:

The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating, signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade policy;

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including creating and managing armed forces to secure the protection, and to guarantee the security of Iraq's borders and to defend Iraq;

Last I heard the Iraqi border surrounds and includes Kurdistan

I wouldn't be surprised if more than just oil was delivered.

Well, looks like this party has come to an abrupt halt. Iraq did file a claim on the oil.

On Forex, all of last night's gains on the IQD have vanished. Went from +20 to -15 now.

What's even more disturbing is that the Dong has gone limp, with VND dropping from +206 to -215.

I know it wasn't much, but at least they were showing "some" signs of life. :shrug:

Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas court

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/28/us-usa-iraq-kurdishoil-idUSKBN0FX1ZG20140728

(Reuters) - Iraq filed suit on Monday in a Texas court to gain control of a cargo of crude oil from Iraqi Kurdistan that Baghdad says was sold without its permission.

Baghdad and Kurdistan Taatnazaaan the shipment of oil off the coast of Texas

7.29.2014 | 2:50 GMT |News Arab world
  •  
53d70bfd611e9b331e8b45ae.jpgReutersoil in Iraqi Kurdistan
A +AA-

The Iraqi government raised الاثنين suit July 28 in the Texas court to demand the acquisition of a shipment of crude oil from the Kurdistan region of Iraq Baghdad says it was sold without her permission.

She reached the tanker United Kalaverwta carrier about a million barrels of crude oil worth about $ 100 million dollars off the Texas coast Saturday, but it did not unload its cargo after disputed.

Sheer size of the ship prevented it from entering the port of Galveston near Houston, so authorized by the U.S. Coast Guard Sunday off the coast of the transfer of cargo to smaller ships for transport to the U.S. mainland.

Iraq's request and in his lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas issued an order allowing federal security officers confiscated the shipment.

The U.S. government has expressed concerns that contribute to oil sales from independent Kurdistan in Iraq's disintegration. She said the U.S. State Department that the oil belongs to all Iraqis and warned potential buyers of the shipment of the legal risks, but also indicated that it will not interfere in the business deal.

Er said. E.. Oovcorz Osrovisaz T, a company in Texas hired to unload the tanker, in a separate suit in U.S. District Court on Monday that the Republic of Iraq demanded the premises in the acquisition of the shipment.

Before the company begins unloading the ship asked the court in Texas to determine whether Iraq's claim true.

It did not say lawsuits filed in court the name of the final buyer of the shipment. The company said eh. E.. T Offshore They play the role of mediator.

If the sale of crude oil to the refinery, a Kurdish-American, that would anger Baghdad, which considers such deals smuggling.

The shipment of crude Kurdistan delivered in Houston in May / May for a buyer was not identified, was delivered last four shipments of raw Kurdistan so far this year in Israel.

Source: RT + Reuters

July 29, 2014 4:40   Last Updated: July 29, 2014 4:40Source: Live

3205786.jpg
  •  

She er. E.. T Oovcorz Osrovisaz - a company in Texas hired to unload a tanker loaded with oil crude from Iraqi Kurdistan - in a suit in court on Monday that the Republic of Iraq demanded the premises in the acquisition of the shipment. Before the company begins unloading the ship had asked the federal district court in Texas to determine whether Iraq's claim true. according to Reuters

The U.S. Coast Guard officials inspected the tanker Kalaverwta United on Sunday and said he did not mind unloading its cargo in smaller ships for transport to the U.S. mainland. Tanker carrying nearly one million barrels of crude, which may reach a value of 100 million dollars at world prices.

If the sale of crude oil to the refinery, a Kurdish-American, that would anger Baghdad, which considers such deals smuggling. The U.S. government has expressed fears that contribute to oil sales from independent Kurdistan in Iraq's disintegration

GMT 18:03 2014 Monday, July 28 : Last Update
                                                                                                                                                                            America allows unloading oil from Iraqi Kurdistan in Texas

The Coast Guard allowed the Americans to a tanker of crude oil from Kurdistan unloading its cargo off the coast of Texas, according to the Reuters news agency reported, in a move that could lead to strained relations between Washington and Baghdad.

It was reported that an official in the State Department hinted that Washington would not intervene to stop the unloading of the shipment.

Said Andy Kenrick, a soldier in the Coast Guard that the orderlies and continued Saturday and Sunday, they communicate with the U.S. National Security Council, and the ministries of Foreign Affairs, and Homeland Security.

He added that the carrier does not need to abide by the rules, but the Coast Guard, even unloaded its cargo.

The carrier - and its name replayed Kalaverwta - had sailed from the Turkish port of Jahan in the month of June, loaded with about one million barrels of crude oil, which transfer through a new pipeline from the oil fields of Kurdish, but faced difficulty in finding a buyer.

The value of the tanker about 100 million dollars.

And yet you can not trade sources in Texas, and New York, and London, and Geneva to identify the buyer who bought a shipment of oil, which may be sent to one of the refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Officials at the U.S. Coast Guard has stepped up to the tanker Sunday, and verified the identity of the crew, and their ability to safely transport a shipment of oil, according to what he said Coast Guard spokesman.

Legal prosecution

Iraq has threatened any potential buyer of the Kurdish oil, to take legal action, saying that this oil is exported without the consent of the central government, and is thus an escape out of the country.

The result allowed the tanker to unload its cargo in the United States to raise the ire of Baghdad.

Washington had previously cautious about allowing the purchase of Kurdish oil on its territory, fearing that the precedent could push the Kurdistan region, which is autonomous, to independence at a sensitive time for Iraq.

She lost control of the cities of Baghdad, Mosul, and Kirkuk in northern June when it withdrew its troops in the face of attack militants Daash organization.

The forces failed central government, which suffers from weakness in regaining control of the two cities, and focused, instead, on the insurgents to stop the advance toward the capital.

Washington and hit the frustration of the way in which it handles Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki with the crisis.

During that Kurdish leaders asked their parliament of the regional plan to hold a referendum on independence from Iraq.

And sought government of Iraqi Kurdistan, after a long-term dispute with the central government on taxes and oil revenues, to revive the economy of the region, away from Baghdad, through the sale of oil in an independent manner.

At a time when Washington urged U.S. companies not to buy Kurdish oil, they did not impose an absolute prohibition on it.

Waterman. Again, I will never publicly debate you over Christian theology. I'm sure

you can understand why. But I do wish to clarify, I'm certainly not Catholic. I received

Jesus Christ in a backwater Mississippi church and now attend a non denominational

church. I do so for two reasons. One it's where God told me to go. Two I don't believe in

religion. I believe in the word of God as revealed by the Holy Spirit.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 3

Washington seized shipment "Kurdish oil" Texas coast at the request of Baghdad

papor.jpg

Follow-up - Iraq Press -29 July said (Reuters) The American judge signed, on Tuesday, will be confiscated shipment "Kurdish oil" from a tanker off the coast of Texas after a request from Iraq.

She added: "Reuters", "The U.S. judge signed an order to confiscate a shipment of blister Kurdish tanker off the coast of Texas after a request from Iraq."

Iraq and established a lawsuit in a court in Texas to demand the acquisition of a shipment of crude oil from the Kurdistan region of Iraq Baghdad says it was sold without her permission.

The tanker arrived at United Kalaverwta carrier about a million barrels of crude oil worth about $ 100 million off the coast of Texas, but did not unload its cargo after disputed.

The tanker loaded with crude oil from Iraq's Kurdistan docked, the first on Sunday (July 27 this month) near the port of Galveston, Texas, and underwent a procedural inspection by the U.S. Coast Guard before being allowed to unload its cargo. Ended. Q. 

http://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=78930〈=ar

Here's what the State Department had to say yesterday.

QUESTION: From the podium, you pretty consistently objected to the Kurds exporting their own oil through Turkey. It would appear that, however, that that first shipment of oil has now been unloaded in Houston. So --

MS. PSAKI: My understanding of where things stand, Scott, is that it’s – there’s a tanker that’s anchored 60 miles outside of Galveston, Texas and that the cargo remains on board the ship at this time. I will see if there’s been any update to that information, but I spoke with our team about it right before I came down here.

Our policy, which you outlined, certainly hasn’t changed. We believe that Iraq’s energy resources belong to the Iraqi people and certainly have long stated that it needs to go through the central government. And as you know, there’s an ongoing legal dispute in this case, which is – which obviously is something that we’re aware of and we’re closely following.

QUESTION: Local Coast Guard say they asked you guys about it and everything was fine and it’s already being lightened.

MS. PSAKI: That – I would have to check. That was not the information that I had from our team, Scott. Obviously that contradicts it, which is concerning, but let me go back to them and see what the exact situation is on the ground.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2014/07/229855.htm#IRAQ

Edited by Butifldrm

This all just seems to be a convenient Smoke screen of the last final ramifications of the Maliki regime...I've got a hunch this's all one big game plan. To the outside world it looks like Iraq can't get along, their biggest asset is at a stall and the value of their currency just took a nose dive. It's basically because Maliki froze the Kurds cut in the budget because they got tire of his underhanded deals. It was mentioned why or what are they stalling for...actually they just bought some more time. The Kurds are not going anywhere the President is business as usual today building a new government.  The Supreme Court has time now to get this right the first time. The government can get rid of Maliki in about two weeks, one way or the other.  The new PM gives everyone amnesty for a new start and the Supreme Court lay down a structured framework of just how the cow will eat the cabbage from now on. The CBI puts a rate on the dinar that gets me in my bathroom with a putty knife scrappin' and whistling Dixie then we can never look back and none of us will ever wonder what happen to ...Iraq....

U.S. judge signed an order to confiscate shipment Kurdish oil tanker off the coast of Texas after a request from Iraq

29/07/2014 12:20 | Number of readings: 3381

Font Size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif

Follow-up / Source News / .. court documents showed Tuesday that "U.S. judge signed an order to confiscate shipment of oil from Iraqi Kurdistan on board the tanker off the coast of Texas and at the request of the central government in Iraq.

He said that the authorities need to implement this Alammerely rely on companies that provide services in the area of ​​the dump raw Galveston Bay.

The U.S. Coast Guard agreed on Monday on a tanker that can not enter the port of Galveston near Houston because of its large size to transfer cargo to smaller vessels for shipment to the U.S. mainland.

The tanker loaded with about one million barrels of crude oil worth about $ 100 million dollars and reached the Texas coast on Saturday.

Iraq has said in the lawsuit filed Monday that the shipment was sold without his permission and demanded by enabling Mnhaanthy 19 n.

Ya their might be a smoke screen

They may of been lured to Texas on a hope they could sell the oil

There sat the law firm 45 miles away in Houston

The ship shows up

The law suit filed in their home field advantage court room

And the game is on

Think about what the words mean " United Nations "

It doesn't mean anything but what it says

I don't know of any nation of Kurdistan

When the federal govt goes thru proper channels they can do just about anything they want

That way smuggling of nations is held to a minimum

I saw all this coming the entire time this Kurdish fiasco was taking place

It made absolutly no sense to me

It was like joe Biden was running things

But here we are

You would think the Kurds would of had this in court long ago

But in the end I think everyone will know the Kurds went about this all wrong and will have to start all over from the beginning of the process in filing a law suit of their own , if they feel they got a leg to stand on

They may already know what they were doing is wrong , and figured they would just win thru their guns

But then again the United Nations is waiting

Now at least everyone will be aware of how propaganda works

I didn't believe none of it

I can spot it like I can spot a liberal

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

U.S. judge signed an order to confiscate shipment Kurdish oil tanker off the coast of Texas after a request from Iraq

29/07/2014 12:20 | Number of readings: 3381

Font Size: font_decrease.gif font_enlarge.gif

Follow-up / Source News / .. court documents showed Tuesday that "U.S. judge signed an order to confiscate shipment of oil from Iraqi Kurdistan on board the tanker off the coast of Texas and at the request of the central government in Iraq.

He said that the authorities need to implement this Alammerely rely on companies that provide services in the area of ​​the dump raw Galveston Bay.

The U.S. Coast Guard agreed on Monday on a tanker that can not enter the port of Galveston near Houston because of its large size to transfer cargo to smaller vessels for shipment to the U.S. mainland.

The tanker loaded with about one million barrels of crude oil worth about $ 100 million dollars and reached the Texas coast on Saturday.

Iraq has said in the lawsuit filed Monday that the shipment was sold without his permission and demanded by enabling Mnhaanthy 19 n.

Yota,

This does not sound right on many fronts. It is my gut again and I am very seldom wrong. I am calling Smoke!!! There is no way a tanker would come to Houston without an assurance that it could offload. This is a game being played. Just curious, what Court was this injunction filed? We chose to "confiscate" oil on behalf of Iraq??? When this thing works itself out, we will see it was a ploy for the US to get into the discussion of Kurds standing in Iraq.

In my opinion it doesn't sound right because of the hundreds of articles put out by the Kurds over the last couple months

It sounds exactly right to me

It's specifically designed to sway public opinion

That's what propaganda is

Ask any democrat pundants

In my opinion it doesn't sound right because of the hundreds of articles put out by the Kurds over the last couple months

It sounds exactly right to me

It's specifically designed to sway public opinion

That's what propaganda is

Ask any democrat pundants

No need to ask anyone in any particular party. This is oil was brought to Texas... This move is just as telling as the economic relations hub being headquartered in Houston. This move has nothing to do with swaying public opinion as no one in our Gov. is conferring with the general public about any of this. The general public neither knows nor cares about this move.

This is a strategic move in order to send a message to all parties to STAY THE COURSE and FOLLOW THE PLAN!  Again, as I think through the possible implications, one must return to the, Kurd Question. Where does the US really stand? Does the US want a unified Iraq or does it support Kurd independence. Once you figure that out, then you are further down the road of understanding that this move has less to do about public opinion and more about advancing the PLAN.

Edited by moneysoon

Keep focus on the central govt

For the most part what they say is the way it is

You might here 10,000 story's that contridict the Feds

But the central govt won't engage in these games

They will simply make their statements

Not always

But for the most part

And if the federal govt is in the wrong

You can bet the govts from the United Nations will be loud and clear opposing what's wrong

No need to ask anyone in any particular party. This is oil was brought to Texas... This move is just as telling as the economic relations hub being headquartered in Houston. This move has nothing to do with swaying public opinion as no one in our Gov. is conferring with the general public about any of this. The general public neither knows nor cares about this move.

This is a strategic move in order to send a message to all parties to STAY THE COURSE and FOLLOW THE PLAN!  Again, as I think through the possible implications, one must return to the, Kurd Question. Where does the US really stand? Does the US want a unified Iraq or does it support Kurd independence. Once you figure that out, then you are further down the road of understanding that this move has less to do about public opinion and more about advancing the PLAN.

In my opinion

It's not this one act

It's the last years worth of acts

All the articles we read from the Kurds

They are not running things in Iraq

Parliment is ( Baghdad) ,,, central govt ,,

What they say goes

I live about 30 minutes north of Galveston.  So, I wanted to share what's in our local news and comments made by our local community

U.S. faces dilemma over Kurdish oil tanker off coast of Galveston

Author: Joel Eisenbaum, Investigative Reporter, Anchor, jeisenbaum@kprc.com
Published On: Jul 28 2014 06:46:38 PM CDT

http://www.click2houston.com/news/kurdish-oil-near-galveston-poses-international-dillema/27195438

Kurdish oil near Galveston poses international dillema

HOUSTON -

A massive oil tanker parked roughly 60 miles off the coast of Galveston has the potential to ignite an international incident, if the oil on board is offloaded in the U.S., a Rice University professor said Monday.

“If the oil doesn’t come in, then that’s something like a 3 on the scale. If the oil does come in, that’s more like a 7,” Richard Stoll, a political science professor at Rice University said.

The issue is that the approximately $100 million worth of crude oil sitting on board the United Kalavrvta is Kurdish.

“I guess I could imagine a situation where someone says 'We'll take it to Galveston, I’m sure we can find a buyer.’ But it seems more likely that someone has bought that oil and isn’t stepping up about who they are,” Stoll said.The U.S. has maintained a policy to deal only directly with the Iraq’s central government, closing a deal with a Kurds, could be construed as undermining an ally, even an unreliable ally.

Monday night, it remained unclear who purchased the Kurdish oil, or whether the oil would be cleared to be delivered to the shore.

“This is a very large and consequently, very deep draft vessel,” United States Coast Guard Capt.  Brian Penoyer said.

Penoyer said the oil would have to be offloaded to other ships because the United Kalavrvta is too large for the Houston Ship Channel.

The Coast Guard cleared the ship for offloading Sunday night without incident, but the process of unloading the 1 million barrels of crude had not started Monday afternoon.

Another U.S. agency, could be inquiring about the shipment and perhaps delaying the offload, Penoyer said.

•  
    survivalcamp  10 hours ago

Let the SS Miss Muffett drop her oil. Since when did we decide buying oil from the only people w/ the cajones to stand up to ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood was a bad idea?

•  
  •  

What  10 hours ago

Obama doesn't care about undermining our allies!!!! He does it every single day!!!!

•  
  •  
    disqus_6NraUEprqy  10 hours ago

I thought this was a free country. Why can't we buy whatever we want to? Because the price of oil might come down a teenie tad?

•  

Humble Opinion  11 hours ago

Eat your kurds and weigh your options

•  
    hyphenfinkle  12 hours ago

Iraq owes us this oil for sure.Cheney knows more about that missing money than he has said. WW3 coming soon to a neighborhood near you.Just wait.

•  
    Circle10  12 hours ago

International incident? Not impressed.

•  

Houtex77  12 hours ago

We have thousands of international incidents coming through our Southern border every day.

•  
    SSBeast550  13 hours ago

And this comes from ones that have benefitted from special deals with other countries at our expense. Wouldn't be an issue if we were energy independent from these deals.

• Greg Matson  13 hours ago

The Kurds are the only ones fighting, and not retreating from ISIS. Let it in!

•  
    Bob Lablaw  13 hours ago

It should be free. The USA Taxpayer already paid for it in money and Lives.

•  

ez2bme  14 hours ago

just drain it out.. Galveston needs a good cleaning and this would make it look better

• OU812  14 hours ago

Texas Tea..............

http://www.click2houston.com/news/us-faces-dilemma-over-kurdish-oil-tanker-off-coast-of-galveston/27195432

Edited by Butifldrm

ez2bme • 14 hours ago

just drain it out.. Galveston needs a good cleaning and this would make it look better

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/183061-tanker-loaded-with-oil-from-the-kurdistan-region-approaching-us-port/page-4#ixzz38rr0sOLk

Lol

That was funny after reading all that