Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tanker loaded with oil from the Kurdistan region approaching U.S. port

Thank you Sczin 

Tanker loaded with oil from the Kurdistan region approaching U.S. port
12:01:25 / 07/2014
kashti-nawt2472014-b.jpg

Khandan - news agency "Reuters" Thursday 24 \ 7 \ 2014, the data from the satellites tracking the movements of ships, showed that a tanker carrying crude oil from the Kurdistan region on after only two days of access to the port in the United States. data showed service "Reuters" to keep track of ships that tanker (United Kalaverwta), which left the port of Ceyhan in June laden with oil from the pipeline new Kurdish expected to dock in "Galveston", Texas, on Saturday. said Carlos Pascual, head of the Office of Energy of the U.S. Department of State, told Reuters, "It is not there any change in Washington's policy toward oil sales Kurdish independent, "but he expressed hope that the reach of the central government and the region to the agreement in a timely manner. "We must reach Baghdad and Erbil to an understanding on how to contribute to the development of these resources and export them in the development of Iraq in general." He said that if an agreement is reached, there is a risk that becomes a conflict between the two parties "more severe." was not able to trade sources in Texas and New York, London and Geneva to determine the identity of the buyer-borne cargo United Kalaverwta, according to "Reuters".

http://www.xendan.org/arabic/drejaA.aspx?=hewal&jmara=695&Jor=1

This is the tracking site for those who are interested.   http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-82.31915/centery:23.70932/zoom:8/oldmmsi:538005501/olddate:lastknown#

• Upvote 1

The Kurds aren't so dumb as to take dinar for their oil! It will be $.

So if all the news we have been reading stated the US was against the Kurds Selling oil without the permission of the Central Government, why in the heck would the Kurds have an oil tanker headed for the United States.  That costs a lot of Dinareee, just to be turned around.  IMO more is up than we are reading.  Here's the link to the position of this ship.   http://www.marinetra...date:lastknown#   It's headed into the Gulf.  If I had time I could go down and take pictures of it.  Something must be up for Kuwait to take on this kind of expense.

• Upvote 5

The USA doesn't have it sanctioned

The oil can be bought by a private company

The USA is only warning company's that they may be taken to court over stolen oil

The us govt position is only with the central govt of Iraq

They don't control anything

But if someone buys the oil here

And they end up in international court with frozen assets , don't expect the USA govt to bail them out

That's my opinion on that

Why Kurdistan Still Doesn’t Have its Money

http://rudaw.net/english/business/13072014

Iraq still has chapter 7 obligations

One of them is all oil revenue is to go to a single account in the fed and 5% of all Iraqi oil revenues are to go to Kuwait

And the govt of Iraq still maintains the Kurds are stealing oil

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The real issue is "why are we buying foreign oil when we should be pumping and supporting our own country?" It's time to be #1 in the world again in all facets. We have turned into a country of importers. If not for govt regulations, mountains of red tape, and huge business taxes we would still be leading in innovation, manufacturing and technology. We would not have all the government handouts and subsidies because jobs would be plentiful for those that want to work. We would be saying remember when we had a 17 trillion debt? Those who don't want to work ....Sorry, here is a cardboard sign.

Edited by idplzr
  • Upvote 7

We always sell oil and import oil

We like the light sweet crude we get from the Middle East

Lots of oil in the USA has high contents of sulfur or sulfate

And our refineries are set up to refine light sweet crude

Other country's have their refineries set up to refine the high sulfur crude

I read about that before

I couldn't understand why we sold our oil when we buy so much

We use around 20 million barrels a day

We produce around 10 million barrels a day

We get lots of oil from Canada , Mexico , and venezuala

• Upvote 1

So if all the news we have been reading stated the US was against the Kurds Selling oil without the permission of the Central Government, why in the heck would the Kurds have an oil tanker headed for the United States.  That costs a lot of Dinareee, just to be turned around.  IMO more is up than we are reading.

JMHO....but I think there is a lot that's going on and we may only learn way after the fact...just sayin'!!!

• Upvote 4

So if all the news we have been reading stated the US was against the Kurds Selling oil without the permission of the Central Government, why in the heck would the Kurds have an oil tanker headed for the United States.  That costs a lot of Dinareee, just to be turned around.  IMO more is up than we are reading.  Here's the link to the position of this ship.   http://www.marinetra...date:lastknown#   It's headed into the Gulf.  If I had time I could go down and take pictures of it.  Something must be up for Kuwait to take on this kind of expense.

I'm so sorry I meant to stay Kurdistan not Kuwait.  I was on the ph making this post.  Anyway, I still believe there are more things going on behind the scenes within Iraq that we are not privy to.  I will keep an eye on this tanker.  If the United Kalavervta makes it through the intercoastal  up into the Houston Ship Channel.  We will know.

• Upvote 2

If we build new refineries we wouldn't need to export any oil

Thanks dream for the post

This is interesting watching this

I personally want central control

Others want it devided up

I guess central control might not have as much oversight

If they did have a devided oil industry they would be watching each other closer so they aren't getting ripped off

So a devided oil industry might be better

Who knows

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If we build new refineries we wouldn't need to export any oil

Thanks dream for the post

This is interesting watching this

I personally want central control

Others want it devided up

I guess central control might not have as much oversight

If they did have a devided oil industry they would be watching each other closer so they aren't getting ripped off

So a devided oil industry might be better

Who knows

Dontlop, I love your passion. :wub:  I do believe what we are looking for is Fair Central Control.  In other words, HCL,  25% of the residual Petro Dollars being paid to the people.  These are the laws  unpasses/broken that belong to the people of Iraq.  The fact that this Tanker is heading toward a US port is remarkable.  It's a very good sign of things to come for Iraq.  We need to change our paradigm of thought.  This new session of parliament has opened up the doors of things to come, and  thank God for the Iraqi people.  

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 3

We're gonna find out

I've seen several articles out there saying the us is going to stop its push to stop oil from the Kurds

But I'm not sure because theres lots of them that they are true

Propaganda for something like this to me is stupid

But I have seen lots of it

It doesn't serve any purpose

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trading sources in Texas, New York, London and Geneva have been unable to identify the buyer of the United Kalavrvta tanker's cargo.

On Thursday it was rounding the Florida panhandle after navigating through the Bahamas. The ship carries approximately 1 million barrels of crude, which would fetch more than $100 million at international prices.

The tanker still could change course and head away from the United States to Mexico or another country in Central or South America.

The last signal received from its satellite tracking system was at 07:37 am GMT Thursday, indicating it may have turned the transponder off.

On Thursday an official at SOMO, Iraq's central state oil marketer, reiterated that it would sue any company buying Kurdish oil and blacklist them from deals for Iraq's sizeable crude exports.

"The government of Iraq will reserve the right to sue any company, refinery or trader that buys the Iraqi crude that KRG is illegally offering," an official from Baghdad's state oil marketer SOMO told Reuters.

"Our foreign legal team is watching closely the movement of the vessel and is ready to target any potential buyer regardless of their nationality."

The first tanker carrying crude from the Kurdish pipeline set sale from Ceyhan in May. Three others have sailed since then, but only one of the four has been delivered so far - into an Israeli port after a ship-to-ship transfer.

The first, the United Leadership, has been moored off the coast of Morocco for more than a month, while another is now sailing towards Asia without a clear buyer listed.

As the United Kalavrvta crossed the Atlantic, it was originally listed as sailing to Brazil, though without a specific buyer named in shipping fixtures.

UNDER PRESSURE

The KRG has so far declined to comment on any tanker sales, beyond denying that it sold oil to Israel. A spokesman for the Ministry of Natural Resources could not be reached on Thursday.

The United States has not formerly banned purchases of Kurdish crude oil, but in recent months it has pressured companies - both at home and abroad - not to buy Iraqi crude from outside Baghdad's central oil sales system.

Baghdad has withheld payment into the KRG's budget since January as part of the dispute, damaging the autonomous region's economy. The KRG desperately needs access to additional funds, and oil sales are the most obvious means to quickly raise cash.

Iraqi Kurdistan began selling its oil independently of the federal government in 2012, trucking first small amounts of condensate through Turkey and then two types of crude oil.

At least one tanker of Kurdish crude, which had been trucked into Turkey before being exported, has already gone to the United States.

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINL2N0PZ23720140724?irpc=932

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Buti and I were sure you'd be all over this Dontlop...hee hee

All over what ?

Another incomplete report

What are you saying you two chat outside of the open forums about me ?

Geez , I'm honored

Hey

Do you think everything you post is the way things are or just Iraqi reporting political crap like we see here with republicans and democrats

I think its way worse reporting from Iraq than the garbage reported in the United States

I wish they did know where the oil was going along with the other ships floating around aimlessly

The real shame for the Kurds is they can't put their hands on any of the money they get

Just think in the end when the records are ordered to court especially if Iraq wins its court case in the Iraqi Supreme Court about oil sales needing to be done in coordination with the central govts approval

The ship turned off its tracking

Why are they doing that if they are in the right ?

Nothing to hide right ?

To me that's how criminals act

But we will see

Thanks Butifldrm....TBomb I think ya just nailed ol' dontlop...lol...

How do ya figure that ?

I guess I should just let the assumptions fly

Ignorance is bliss

There are two sides of this battle with the Kurds and the rest of Iraq

The Kurds seem to have a dozen people supporting there dreams

Hey maybe if ya keep repeating it over and over it will come true

And the goi will just forget about it

And the Kurds will be I control of all the Iraqis oil

The goi doesn't feel the need to propagandize this

They will just wait it out till the courts decide the constitutions meaning

In the mean time the Kurdish people are suffering because they have very little income

You would think the Kurdish govt would do as they are told and resolve this in court like they are supposed to

That way they are not cut out of the budget while they wait

Then if the court decides in their favor they could start selling oil

Instead they just go against their own government and get cut out if the budget

They been going thru this since 2006

8 years now and the Kurds still didn't file any kind of court actions

And it is the supreme that interprets the constitution

No one else

Not the goi

Not the Kurds

Its a shame the Kurds don't use the tools the USA gave them in their constitution

I personally believe the Kurds have a good case

But they don't know what it is

The Kurds entire case should be based on one word in this paragraph of the constitution

The word "provided"

Article 109:

First: The federal government with the producing governorates and regional governments shall undertake the management of oil and gas extracted from current fields provided that it distributes oil and gas revenues in a fair manner in proportion to the population distribution in all parts of the country with a set allotment for a set time for the damaged regions that were unjustly deprived by the former regime and the regions that were damaged later on, and in a way that assures balanced development in different areas of the country, and this will be regulated by law.

Now all the Kurds have to do is show they didn't get their fair share of 17% of the budget

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

dontlop....Peace Brother and good will to you and yours...I'm more on your thought pattern that there's more going on in Iraq than what we're hearing and or reading. I personally think that all these tankers that are ported and in route to destination are preapproved and as soon as the new government is officially announced the sales will be fulfilled and business as usual will continue. This is just another smoke screen we've seen for the past decade. Think about it...Iraq will use their resources with a Kurdish pipeline now established and with another under construction...come on man use your head...I admit that your much more insightful in your research but there are those of us that have a street wise sense, that have save my a$$ more than once...Looking at the big picture;...Iraq is forming a government and there are several tankers loaded to the max with oil and another one in route...do you really think that these are all some kind of mistake...Time will tell my friend, just set back an enjoy the ride...   

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Well I think it will come down to a decision by the Irai Supreme Court

It's the Kurds against the rest of Iraq

16 provinces against three Kurdish provinces

The only way this will continue is if the Supreme Court interprets the constitution in favor of the Kurds

None of the Arabs want the Kurds in control of their oil

Turkey hasn't released one penny of the 94 million dollars they got for the first shipment

And they won't until the matter is settled between the goi and the Kurds

Time is on the goi side

The next pm that takes his seat will be controlled by the same shitte clerics that controlled Maliki

In my opinion i don't see anything changing as far as central control of Iraqs oil unless the Supreme Courts interpretation of the constitution favors the Kurds

I hope the Kurds got some buddy's sitting on the Supreme Court

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I wish it was settled

I'd like to see the ruling from the court

Article 90:

The Federal Supreme Court shall have jurisdiction over the following:

First: Oversight of the constitutionality of laws and regulations in effect.

Second: Interpretation of the provisions of the constitution.

Fourth: Settle disputes that arise between the federal government and the governments of the regions and governorates, municipalities, and local administrations.

Fifth: Settle disputes that arise between the governments of the regions and governments of the governorates.

They are going to be the ones that settle this

The Kurds need to use the tools provided them in the constitution

And if the prime minister or any other sworn govt official doesn't follow that constitution

The constitution provides prosecution procedures for that too

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1