Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tlar Tuesday morning update.. 7/22/14

Tlar’s Tuesday Morning Update

Tlar’s Tuesday Morning Update -(not to be confused with his last 2 emails he spoke of as Maliki & events created more delays – these updates are as a courtesy to keep us grounded , hopeful and  abreast of  new events and possible scenarios)

Tlar Comment:  – nothing will happen until tomorrow’s session. That is the next step in the process.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be very interesting. Jubouri the new POP is making some super moves. He is in the process of changing the rules of procedure to make sure this is not dragged out. He is being quoted that there will be a vote on the Presidency tomorrow.

There are 100 people who have submitted their names, or blocks have submitted their names for them asking to be a nominee for President of Iraq. The Presidency is an open position to anyone in Iraq and to apply all you have to do is put your name in and fill out some forms and be qualified to run.

Jubouri has the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of the Interior quickly looking at the applicants and their qualifications and most will be disqualified having not met one thing or another before tomorrow’s session.

~~~

What Jubouri did in changing the rules of procedure is to make this vote for nominee a secret ballot thereby also eliminating all the candidates that the SOL put in as nominees in one feld move.

The coalition Sunni’s and Kurds will most likely block vote by passing all candidates except the one that Barzini wants as part of the overall deal. Yes the SOL has submitted six names from their group and Maliki is not one of them.

They submitted these names even though they know they are unacceptable just to stall the process.

Jubouri has out foxed them again changing the rules to a secret ballot which means that the superior numbers of MP’s will actually pick the nominee.

I believe they are being coached in the parliamentary system by the Brits.. They are having meetings with them and the moves they are making are artful while still staying within the boundaries of the constitution.

The presidency will go to the Kurds as it is part of the overall deal to diversy and be inclusive. The Kurds may actually end up submitting two names but Salih will be the one that Barzini favors.

Behind the scenes before the secret ballot is taken, the word will have been spread. Once the nominee is selected then it will go to an open vote and the nominee will be elected.

I expect we will see a new president an 2 vice presidents by tomorrow afternoon. I will put out another update at that time to let you know the results.

More good news.

Jubouri is trying to get 2 readings done this week on the budget. At the speed he is going he might even do them on the same day setting up a vote to follow the readings.

By Iraqi law for a bill to become law as in the budget, it must have 2 readings, then a vote, then be published in the Gazett. I will watch closely and report any progress on the budget.

It is my belief that if the budget is passed and the President and VP’s are seated, Turki will pass monetary change.

The PM position is going to go to the coalition but it must be seen as a peacful transition of power and may take a little longer but because of the overwhelming superiority of the coalition numbers it will come out right.

I believe if all goes well tomorrow, Turki and the international folks will probably consider it done. tlar

• Upvote 3

Tlar Comment:  – The Presidency is an open position to anyone in Iraq and to apply all you have to do is put your name in and fill out some forms

CNN Submitted SandFly's Name For President ! :o

:D:D:D

• Upvote 1