Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tlars update email to family and friends

dinarbeleiver

Thanks

your welcome!

It all sounds "REAL GOOD".  Lets pray it all goes down that way and real soon. This coming week is going to be exciting.

Thanks Dinarbeleiver  for bringing this over...... :)  :wave:

I hope so to- I am completely amazed at how Iraq is moving and actually getting things done and it's Ramadan. It's completely unprecedented!

This Is At Least His 3rd Email - Ahhh But Who's Counting ! :blink:

Bartender (hic) Keep 'Em Coming ! :o

:D      :D     :D

hi ya thuggee I have to admit that I like tlar and his drunken rants- I think Tlar means well and I do think he rocks- so do you thuggy!

This is the third but is this last??? The next one will be announcement that we are all waiting on. Lucky for him, it won't be long.

I think we may see the RV this year ( I hope)
  • Upvote 1

I hope so to- I am completely amazed at how Iraq is moving and actually getting things done and it's Ramadan. It's completely unprecedented!

I was just saying the same thing today.    Something tells me the that the higher powers told them to "Get It Done NOW". Forget Ramadam and anything else that gets in the way.  This has to be finished once and for all.

God only knows what bigger things are waiting on this RV.

• Upvote 3

your welcome!I hope so to- I am completely amazed at how Iraq is moving and actually getting things done and it's Ramadan. It's completely unprecedented!hi ya thuggee I have to admit that I like tlar and his drunken rants- I think Tlar means well and I do think he rocks- so do you thuggy! I think we may see the RV this year ( I hope)

DB,

I like that too :)

• Upvote 1

Tlar Clumsily Tries To Downplay The Utterly Obscene Number Of Emails That He's Sent Out

Over The Past Few Weeks While Responding 2/3rds Of The Way Down to A Member Named 'XXXX' ...

jtdinar Thanks Tlar, looks like we wait some more....I now understand why Patience is a Virtue.....

Tlar:  I don't believe we will have to wait much longer JT.  For the first time there is an actual light we can now see at the end of this tunnel and it is shining bright.  tlar  

Moomnan1963:   Yes Sir Tlar. Can I ask you, what is your take on the ISX closing for 11 days?

Looking at it through my handy dandy Dinar goggles, I'd say it would be prime time for a rate change. BUT, I've always been Mr. Optimistic, lol.
~~~

Mike:   Tlar, do you think they'll put together a budget that the Kurd's will approve and Maliki will sign off on?

I've seen several articles about the budget and all of them are coming from the SOL. The Kurd's have been quiet as well as the Sunni's.

If there aren't changes made regarding punitive clauses and the percentage reset to 17%, I don't see the Kurd's supporting it. If they do make the changes, will Maliki support it?

Can Parlliament make changes to the budget and pass it without Maliki's approval? If so, I could see a budget passing, if not, why waste the time?

rocko:  Good question Mike. Maybe Joubouri knows something we don't. The statement about there not having to be a full formed gov. to do this implies that they don't need a pres. or pm to do this. I guess we'll see.

Mike:  Rocko,  I think what Jabouri (SOL) guy is trying to say is that the GOI has already given approval for the budget and all Parliament has to do is approve it. But, the budget that the GOI is missing the $5 per barrel for the provinces and still includes the punitive clauses and smaller percentages for the Kurd's. I'd say the chances are very good to pass a budget as long as Maliki doesn't have to be involved. If he needs to sign off on it, it will be a while before we get a budget approved. Like you said, we'll see 

Schiz:    I'm wondering, does the 17% even matter any more to the kurds. I say this because they have taken back Kirkuk, rich in oil that place is, big time. What is going to happen with that and all the extra oil the kurds now have?

I think the new goi would be stupid to not pay them the 17% and more now. I think if they don't except it the kurds will just carry on selling it their own way and it will be Iraq that is the only loser in that deal.

IMO this will all be sorted out to favour the Kurds.

Ralph:    Finance Minister calls to accelerate the formation of committees and adoption of the budget

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...qms0_d3B4rboPw

Mike:  I guess that's kind of what I'm talking about as well, Schiz. Kirkuk hasn't been settled yet, Article 140 has a lot of points that need to be quantified. Things like the census, re-settement, and compensation for those displaced. The Kurd's have taken over, because of ISIL, but it's not settled legally.

KJ brings up a good point as well. How many laws have been approved and submitted by Parliament, received a signature from the President, and then languished without implementation by Maliki? Too many to count.

Most of these articles relating to the budget are from the SOL, just like they did once Maliki submitted it. Maliki needs this budget approved to save face and to finance the government, Parliament is killing him with the delays.

I'm hoping that the budget is in committee now, where they will make the changes that will satisfy the provinces and Kurdistan. Once Maliki is removed, then Parliament can submit a revised budget and have it implemented.

I'm hoping my comments aren't viewed as negative, I'm blown away by the progress Iraq has made. This is a process, we have Speaker, it looks like we'll have the President on Wednesday.

Then Parliament will tackle the PM position, once that's settled I'll look for laws to be passed, the budget passed and then hopefully, an RV in the near future.

BlueyesinLevis:  Heck, no , Mike,  you are a valuable asset to this board.... nobody sees your intelligent, inquiring analysis as negative.

-Last time they talked numbers on the budget.. they were saying Kurds (with kirkuk) were mre in line with 25 % . No way is this budget gonna end up being Maliki's old one.

-Just gotta watch and wait..

Schiz:  yeh the kurds won't be giving up kirkuk, ever. It is rightfully theirs taken from them by Saddam. There is no discussion there and i'm with the Kurds on that one.

The new goi best make a plan to work around that cos that problem aint goin away. Kirkuk is Kurdish and it has it's rightful owners again.

Mike, I don't read or see any negativity in your posts.

Wouldnt it be great to see the new POP voted in wednesday and they have ratified the budget and vote it off in the same session? high hopes? Nothing would surprise me in a positive way at the moment with this new parliament.

rissas dad:           Good discussion. Though jabouri is saying all the right things on the budget, about being able to pass it before the PM is settled, I don't expect it that quickly.

Past experience is they don't work that quick.

However everything jubouri has done and said is counter to slow motion. One thing is for sure, this week will be interesting. I think we all will be on this page often looking for what gets done next. You have to be optimistic at what is happening.

BeastMaster:     Why do you believe the POR will be enough for Turki to make his move. Is seems to me that this isn't over with M until it is over.

As I understand it, he is the PM until replaced. I get he's loosing power everyday but there's not telling what he would do and be able to do with a revalued currency.

Also, You once said you knew (maybe for fact?) that this had to be done by end of July. Hope to know what is you know or what makes you believe this... Looking forward to what this week brings.

Tlar:  BeastMaster, Because the overall plan is late already and Turki is closer to this than we are.  He of all people understands how important this is not just to Iraq but to the world economy..  tlar

XXXX: Tlar.  Is this part of the last 3 emails you're supposed to send?

Tlar:   No. I am trying to keep my family up to date as best as possible during this period because this plan is two weeks late.

Oldwazhisname:    Thanks, TLar. BTW, have you heard from your source of late? Or has that source gone completely silent?

Tlar:    He is watching it unfold just as we are. IMO there is nothing left to say.  We already know what the plan is.  tlar.

Moonman1963:    Tlar, can I ask you, what is your take on the ISX closing for 11 days? Looking at it through my handy dandy Dinar goggles, I'd say it would be prime time for a rate change. BUT, I've always been Mr. Optimistic, lol.    Thank you for everything you do for us here.

Tlar:   Guys, this has been nothing short of a miracle that everything is finally going our way. 

Getting rid of a dictator is not easy enough but organizing a bunch of self serving folks who don't really care about Iraq and prefer to feather there own nest made this an almost impossible task. 

Hakim is the influencing factor that has held them all together.  The glue so to speak and Maliki has provided the focal point of hatred. 

The Kurds, the Sunni's, the Shia, the US, the UN and Europe should all be given a round of applause for waiting patiently until there is a new government in place to do anything to solve the problem, using the ISIS as an excuse to get rid of the Maliki government and Maliki. 

No easy task without an overthrow.  It has taken an international effort to rid this country of a wanna be dictator and to force those that still support him to change their ways. 

Hats off to what many still don't believe is actually happening. We are witnessing history in its finest hour every day now.  The outcome is easy to see for many but those that still don't should not be blamed. 

To see they only need open their eyes but understandably, they have become jaded to this whole investment.  They have just misunderstood what's going on and will continue to miss what is happening until it hits them in the face. 

They too have bought the ticket and that alone makes them stronger than those who did not.  They too will go on this ride. 

I have nothing but good thoughts for them and I have come to realize that it is not their fault because this investment should have been over years ago but has dragged on and on.. 

So it is with open arms and pure heart that I say if it is good for one, I am happy for all. 

No hard feelings to those that thought I was full of Shiite.  The winner in all of this is all of us for staying the course. 

Especially those that have taken the time to email me and tell me how wrong I am and how I have miss-lead everyone.  I say thank you for making me stop and analyze everything I have said along the way. 

Believe it or not, you played a big part in this; bigger than you know.
 IMO very soon each of us will go our own way.  I just want to say to all of you, what a pleasure it has been to be a part of this with you. 

I can't even imagine doing this without this support group always willing to be there to catch each one of us as sometime we do fall.    tlar 
  • Upvote 2

Thanks DB...This's truly unique to have this much activity goin' on durin' Ramadan...isn't there some kind of gift that's suppose to be given to the people at the end of Ramadan by some fuzzy nut guy...

I know Kuwaitis are usually given a money gift off their leaders at Eid

This Is At Least His 3rd Email - Ahhh But Who's Counting ! :blink:

Bartender (hic) Keep 'Em Coming ! :o

:D       :D     :D

I thought those other "TLAR postings" that followed his "first of three" emails were chat transcripts.  In the immortal words of Hillarious - At this point, what difference does it make  :shrug:

THANKS

In the immortal words of the Thugster - This Is At Least His 15,000th  THANKS - Ahhh But Who's Counting ! :blink:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Here's An Additional Chat From Tlar ...

Tlar:    Maliki just won't go away.  He now is trying to obstruct the voting for president by nominating a bunch of guys from the SOL which he intends to run one after another  in an attempt to stall the process. 

We have already seen an article where the SOL is stating Wednesday they should just introduce the nominees not vote on them.  I'm sure they would love to postpone another week the actual vote.

He claims is trying to punish the Kurds for their "polices" but the truth is different.  He is just trying to stall the process of building the government.
~~~

I'm sorry if this sounds bad but when this is over both he and the guys in the SOL that head that organization should be charged and brought to justice for the harm they have done and are continuing to do to Iraq.  No deals.  He should be hung like the dog he is and his pack should be put down with him.  tlar

July 21, 2014    Baghdad-((8))

Political sources revealed that the State of law leader Nouri al-Maliki nominated six people for the Presidency to block the election of the President of the Republic in the Parliament session next Wednesday.

The source said, speaking for the Agency ((day)) that Al-Maliki gave a Deputy from coalition Iraq "Mehdi Al-Hafez and Hanan Fatlawi State law and feminist activist Rehab appearance in Germany, adding to the legal counsel of the Tara, and Arun, to run for the Presidency of the Republic.

He said Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki pushes toward increased to assure Kurdish opponents that there is strong opposition to their policies, indicating that many nominations a candidate may fail in getting the required majority and the election of the President of the Republic, which is half the number of members of Parliament plus one, and then bargain Kurds winning third mandate in his Government for their support to the Office of President of the Republic

The Kurdish forces had agreed to nominate Saleh and Fouad Massoum to the Presidency of the Republic. (A,A)

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2F8th-day.com%2F%3Fp%3D59577

Schiz:    M trying to slow it down, the Kurds trying to speed it up....

Othman asks to solve the nominations of president and PM in the next session

21/07/2014 09:15:00   BAGHDAD / NINA / The leading figure of the coalition of Kurdish blocs, former MP, Mahmoud Othman said that " nominate candidates for presidents and prime ministers should be resolved in the next meeting of the Council of Representatives."

He told the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA / "The nomination for the post of President of the Republic was limited between, Barham Salih and Fuad Masum, stressing the need to speed up naming one of them before Wednesday's session, demanding that the National Alliance to nominate its candidate for prime minister, to be assigned by the President of the Republic to form the next government. "

Othman said, "The return of President Jalal Talabani to the homeland will contribute to speeding up the selection of a candidate of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, noting that" the country is going through a difficult phase and the nomination of candidates for the positions of the remaining ( Minister of the Republic) should not be delayed. "

The head of the new Council of Representatives, Salim al-Jubouri adjourned the session of the House of Representatives to Wednesday. / End

.The Kurds want it all done and finished on Wednesday! :D

Risk:  Tlar...Does he have a chance in stalling the vote in you opinion?

Mike:   I don't think this will stall the vote for the President, at least that's my understanding. All bloc's have to submit their nominees three days prior to voting so they can be vetted, on the third day Parliament will receive the nominees and put to vote by the members of Parliament.

There were multiple candidates for the Speaker position and we still had a vote completed with an elected Speaker. As long as the coalition holds, 220 trumps 95 all day long. Maliki could put up every member of the SOL and it won't be enough to beat the coalition.

I think it's curious that the SOL is breaking with tradition regarding the three Presidencies. In 2006 and 2010 the Speaker was Sunni, the President was Kurdish and the PM was Shia.

While this isn't a constitutional requirement, it's sort of a gentleman's agreement amoungst the sect's. I say turnabout is fair play. Why not nominate a Sunni or a Kurd now for the PM position?

If Maliki's going to void previous agreements, what's to stop them? This could ultimately backfire in the worst way, not only for the SOL but for every Shia member in Parliament. Maybe this will open the door for the oppostion to circuvent the SOL and expedite the nomination for the next PM of Iraq.

Investor1:   The less than 1% have decided that currency reform is an idea who's time has come.  Politics is politics and in the end it will play out like the monied interests direct it.  Enjoy the ride, it's almost over.  Just follow the money.

Rissas Dad:  Schiz, I respect you but we have a Kurdish lawmaker asking to postpone the vote until after Eid.

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Called the Kurdistan Alliance MP Mohsen Saadoun, Monday, to postpone the parliamentary session scheduled next Wednesday until after the feast, attributing the cause to the inability of Parliament to vote on the resolution of the President of the Republic after the arrival of the number of candidates competing to nearly candidate percent.

Said Saadoun said in an interview for "Alsumaria News", that "calls to postpone the parliamentary session scheduled for next Wednesday until after the Eid al-Fitr," noting that "Parliament will not be able in a single session to resolve the vote on the candidates for the post of President of the Republic to reach the number of applicants to approximately percent candidate. "

He added that "the Presidency of the Parliament can display the names of the candidates to vote in the absence of an objection from the candidates," stressing that "the voting process will not be resolved in one session, but need several sessions to the large numbers of candidates."

Announced the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan led by President Jalal Talabani, on Monday, for the submission of names of union leaders, "Barham Salih, Fuad Masum," as candidates for the presidency to the parliament.

The newspaper "Sabah" the official revealed on Monday that 50 Iraqis have applied for candidacy to compete for the post of president of the republic of Iraq in the next session

This is just a single Kurdish MP for what that is worth.  Its up to Jabouri.  The article you post Schiz doesnt mention voting on nominees on Wednesday, just have the candidates put up.  Jabouri may make them vote on it, then you have to hope enough show for a quorum.   However I'm preparing myself for a delay. 

XXXX:  21.07.2014   SHIPMENTS OF KRG OIL TO RESTART IN COMING DAYS

Kurdish oil will once again flow to Turkey's Mediterranean port Ceyhan this week after the facility's storage tanks reached capacity

ANKARA – Turkish officials announced last week that the Ceyhan oil port had reached its storage capacity and the flow of Kurdish oil to it had stopped. But officials said that oil shipments to the energy hub will restart in the coming days after the oil tankers in Ceyhan are loaded.

Last week Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yıldız announced that crude oil shipments from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) stopped because the storage capacity was full at Ceyhan's port.

"Oil flow stopped from Iraq temporarily, but within a few days oil could be pumped to Turkey again," Yıldız said. KRG oil exports from Ceyhan began on May 22 and so far Turkey has transferred nearly 4 million barrels of oil from the KRG to international markets. The total storage capacity Ceyhan allocated for KRG oil is about 2.5 million barrels.

So far 4 million barrels of KRG oil have been sold to international markets via four crude oil tankers and according to oil industry experts three new tankers are expected to arrive in Ceyhan in the coming days to load 2.5 million of KRG oil.

However, the fate of the crude remains unclear. Turkish officials say that they are not involved in the sale of oil. "Our jobs end here when the crude oil is loaded onto tankers in Ceyhan. We don't involve the rest of the deal and we don't deal with the buyer and price issues," a senior official from Turkey's state-owned pipeline operator BOTAS remarked.

Meanwhile, Yıldız announced on Sunday that the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) crude oil pipeline has been used to transport more than 2 billion barrels of crude oil to date.

The BTC pipeline has been transporting Azeri oil from the Caspian Sea to the Ceyhan Port of Turkey through the Georgian capital of Tblisi and the pipeline, which has been operating since 2005, has thus far transferred 2 billion barrels.

During his speech in the Turkish province of Adana, Yıldız stressed the importance of the BTC pipeline for the region and stated that the TPAO has 6.75 percent of the shares in the

BTC crude oil pipeline. Nearly 3 percent of the world's oil trade is flowing along the BTC and Kirkuk-Yumurtalık crude oil pipelines.

Baghdad filed a lawsuit against Ankara, after Kurdish oil was sold and transported through Turkey. The selling of the oil bypasses Iraq's national State Oil Marketing Company and violates the country's constitution, Baghdad claims.

The oil has been sitting in the southeastern Turkish port of Ceyhan for the last six months, while Irbil and Baghdad negotiated an agreement for the oil sales.

The regional Kurdish government, however, says that Baghdad cut their share of the revenues from the national budget and that they are determined to export oil via Turkey in order to compensate for the loss, claiming that to do so is a unequivocal constitutional right and in line with 2007 Iraq oil law. Iraq holds the world's fifth largest known oil reserves with 143 billion barrels.

http://www.dailysabah.com/energy/2014/07/21/shipments-of-krg-oil-to-restart-in-coming-days?

Tlar:   Risk, I guess anything is possible but I don't think they will be successful.  Jubouri is on to their tactics and is quickly trying to change the procedures. These guys will put up an attempt but I think they will be outfoxed by the POP.  At least I hope so. tlar

Buttercup:  XXXX and Investor1, the question I can never resolve when someone posits that currency reform can happen before M is removed is this:

-What measures, if any, have been taken to ensure that M can't just go in and get his grubbby little paws on the CBI reserves as he has done in the past....if he is not 100% removed?

-Is this no longer a threat?  And if not, may I ask why?  Though, now that I think of it, someone may have mentioned in the past that the reserves are being held outside Iraq for precisely this reason...?  True?  TYIA

XXXX:  Hi Buttercup, could you show me where Maliki stole the CBI reserves?  I've heard of that, but never really saw proof that this was actually done

Rocko:  Looks like the next law that they need to pass is to limit how many candidates can run simultaneously. Joubouri should make them stay is session until they they're all voted in.  - I meant voted on.

RDiddy:  Rissas Dad - I think you answered your own question with this observation:

"This is just a single Kurdish MP for what that is worth."

Kinda like US politicians - sometimes you just can't believe what comes out of their mouths.  Maliki is so used to not following the rules that I think he's forgotten what they are.  Surely the coalition can out-maneuver him on this one, too.

Fredl:   Think we all expected an attempt of some kind to try to circumvent the process. It will happen every step of the way.

Mike:    Shabibi and Turki have both said they want a stable government for currency reform to occur, and I believe them. Why? Because Iraq isn't stable, they're in the middle of selecting the next GOI and the currency hasn't appreciated yet.

Iraq is too volatile right now to implement the changes needed to accomplish an open market economy. Heck, 1/3 of the country is occupied by ISIL, how would they facilitate the necessary changes in the areas that are under the control of the terrorists?

I've heard for years how the "PTB's" want to get get paid and it still hasn't happened yet. It's because they need a stable GOI and a list of other things before they can enrich the people of Iraq.

DreamWeaver:  This is my view, as well, Mike.

With all the steps taken by CBI to address significant issue of counterfeiting as well as sucking in all the dinar possible before the RV, I just don't see how Turki would even considering revaluing currency before new government is seated and ISIS is handled. 

Would you consider RV'g a currency when terrorists could prosper and purchase weapons to use against Iraqi people?

It wouldn't even surprise me if Turki waits until Fed Council Law in Gazette and council seated, as Iraq would then be constitutional democracy.  

To RV before government seated and country is stable from terrorists (ISIS) IMO is just too illogical ... though nothing about Iraq is logical so I could be way off.  :)

Either way we are very, very close to RV and witnessing a historic event in Middle East.  Best ~ DW

Tlar:    XXXX, Buttercup, Maliki never stole the reserves. 

He borrowed 5 bllion personally from the CBI when Shabibi was in chaqrge and never made a payment nor has he returned the money. 

Then for the last 6 years he has tried to get to the reserves saying he needed them for projects and infrastructure all of which were just excuses.  He started a campaign in his government for calls to give the reserves to the government as he was accusing first Shabibi and then Turki of ineptness and theft. 

He has attempted to borrow from the reserves on numerous occassions the last time being when the 2014 budget wasn't passed, he wanted to borrow the money to keep the gogvernment running.
He has a history of attempts to get his hands on the reserves and it is my belief that Turki got therm out of the country to safe guard them from Maliki, not the ISIS.

If he had been able to bust the reserves and use them for whatever, we most likely would not be discussing this today as he would have destroyed the plan if he could.  tlar