Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

That question has haunted me time after time after time. I'm sure it has most of you too. The answer for me is quite simple. Even though I have gotten at times a bit depressed and doubtful about it, the fact remains that my initial assessment of it has not changed in that I believe it MUST revalue. Now, as is obvious, it has not revalued within my own time frame, the facts still remain the same for me. When I first heard of this deal, it was from the recruiter who got me my job in Iraq. That was way back there in'05. After I arrived in Al Asad ( and remained for 4 years!) the daily topic of discussion was always when was it going to happen? I was convinced then of its eventuality and I still am. I have had to out of necessity sell of a great deal of my initial holdings, but I have managed to hold on to a bit of it and for the most part never lost the faith. I have held on because I believe in it, and because I have nothing else. Like many of my generation I woke up one day to find myself in my late 50's with nothing to show for my efforts over the years. No retirement, no pension etc. I was a flower child drafted into a war I was totally against, so upon my discharge I tended to make up for all those years wasted in VietNam. Unfortunately, I took that effort to a higher art form/level and got too carried away for too many years. So, bottom line for me is this r/v is all I have save my Social Security ( thank God for that too!)

Many on this site kind of come off as being very altruistic about the Iraq situation, to which I say B.S. ALL of us are here for the money. Plain and simple. Doesn't make us uncaring about decent folks living in Iraq under disgraceful conditions...doesn't make us selfish or anything else. It makes us human. I will help people as I can when this does come to fruition, but I must say that those I help will be HERE in this country...those whom I choose to help. And sorry, I come at the top of that list. Me and my loved ones.

• Upvote 8

Thanks Ezra for the thoughtful post.  

I don't think your time in VN was wasted... it was the perfect place for you to have your eyes opened in order to get a step ahead against the challenges of life.

When I came home after three tours most of my friends were still in college and playing silly games.  None seemed to take social issues seriously but instead wanted to be seen as avant garde for the time.  I was struck at the difference in maturity between Nam vets and those who remained at home.

I believe that you, me and all the other Nam vets were blessed with an insight unique to our time and culture as to how things really are... for some it is haunting, for others it is enlightening.  Still, we are all brothers carrying a similar load with an expectation that promise will greet us on the horizon.  

Welcome home.

• Upvote 5

ezrapound - when I first heard about this, I was timorous over losing money - but then decided, what if this ever came to pass and I did not do it when I had the chance - so I bought what I could afford to lose - no more than if I'd gone to Vegas and wasted it away there - I did it because I'm expecting this to come to fruition - depending on the rate I will either pay off debt and be okay or I'll be great - either way it is a win/win for me.

• Upvote 1

I don't think your time in VN was wasted... it was the perfect place for you to have your eyes opened in order to get a step ahead against the challenges of life.

When I came home after three tours most of my friends were still in college and playing silly games.  None seemed to take social issues seriously but instead wanted to be seen as avant garde for the time.  I was struck at the difference in maturity between Nam vets and those who remained at home.

I believe that you, me and all the other Nam vets were blessed with an insight unique to our time and culture as to how things really are... for some it is haunting, for others it is enlightening.  Still, we are all brothers carrying a similar load with an expectation that promise will greet us on the horizon.  

Welcome home.

Thanks friend.

Yes, the money spent is long gone. I am not a gambler at all...losing 20 bucks in a slot machine means about 2 weeks of intense grief therapy for me! lol For some reason however, I have never thought of this as a "gamble".

I truly feel that this is an opportunity of a lifetime.   If you look round you will notice that a lot of people are not even aware of this investment.  Why is that?  Why is it that this has touch the lives of just a few ?

When this was brought to my attention something in my gut said  "DO IT" and I've never looked back. 

I believe that this is going to be a life changer for so many.  And something so unheard of that people will be saying "oh no if only I had known about this".

I dont think this is meant for everybody. So if you're lucky enough to be holding some realize that there is a reason you were chosen to receive this blessing. Be responsible and use it wisely.

Best of luck to all....... :)

• Upvote 4

I don't think this has been a waste of at all, well maybe it has been if all you did was buy dinar and nothing else (not that im saying you have) ...... but for me it was an incentive to educate myself further. I haven't put a huge amount of money into this ...... probably a couple of years worth of mortgage payments but it was excess money I had at the time and it seemed like a good idea.

In my field of word a 1 week course on a specific topic could cost me between £4,000 - £7,000 + flights +accommodation + expenses ............. I've had 5 years of education so far here, and even if the dinar ends up as nothing this is a field of education I will probably pursue for the rest of my life.

This place is not just about dinar ......... anymore.

It's about people, experiences, a point of view from the other side of the world, precious metals , the world economy, financial markets, global trends, history and friendship.

Welcome home.

+1 :salute:

I truly feel that this is an opportunity of a lifetime.   If you look round you will notice that a lot of people are not even aware of this investment.  Why is that?  Why is it that this has touch the lives of just a few ?

When this was brought to my attention something in my gut said  "DO IT" and I've never looked back. 

I believe that this is going to be a life changer for so many.  And something so unheard of that people will be saying "oh no if only I had known about this".

I dont think this is meant for everybody. So if you're lucky enough to be holding some realize that there is a reason you were chosen to receive this blessing. Be responsible and use it wisely.

Best of luck to all....... :)

I agree, I doubt there are any more than 3 million people outside Iraq that hold dinar for the same reasons we do.

and when I say 3 million that's an exaggerated number , I'd say its really a lot less

• Upvote 3

This investment is my giant lottery ticket. Better odds on winning too! :)

Agree :)

I don't think this has been a waste of at all, well maybe it has been if all you did was buy dinar and nothing else (not that im saying you have) ...... but for me it was an incentive to educate myself further. I haven't put a huge amount of money into this ...... probably a couple of years worth of mortgage payments but it was excess money I had at the time and it seemed like a good idea.

In my field of word a 1 week course on a specific topic could cost me between £4,000 - £7,000 + flights +accommodation + expenses ............. I've had 5 years of education so far here, and even if the dinar ends up as nothing this is a field of education I will probably pursue for the rest of my life.

This place is not just about dinar ......... anymore.

It's about people, experiences, a point of view from the other side of the world, precious metals , the world economy, financial markets, global trends, history and friendship.

+1 :salute:

I agree, I doubt there are any more than 3 million people outside Iraq that hold dinar for the same reasons we do.

and when I say 3 million that's an exaggerated number , I'd say its really a lot less

Da Machino,

You said it so well, except I didn't put two years of mortgage payment on it lol   

MIT,

I agree with you :)

Ezra,

When I got into this investment was to make money but along the way I have met some good friends, learn so much about the middle east, world economy with all the three letter symbols lol and everything else in between including the music :)  It has been an experience that even if this investment doesn't come to fruition but I gain a lifetime experience and friends that I will not trade with anything else.  

Da Machino,

You said it so well, except I didn't put two years of mortgage payment on it lol   

well money comes and goes ...... spend it while you have it , on something you think might be worth more ...... next week it could be worthless...... the joys of a FIAT currency

(It's not like I'm short, I've just bought a second house ..... looking at a third)

• Upvote 1

well money comes and goes ...... spend it while you have it , on something you think might be worth more ...... next week it could be worthless...... the joys of a FIAT currency

(It's not like I'm short, I've just bought a second house ..... looking at a third)

You are doing well then :)   I bought my first million to silent my friend so she wouldn't bother me too much lol and here I am a few years later :)

You are doing well then :)   I bought my first million to silent my friend so she wouldn't bother me too much lol and here I am a few years later :)

do you feel like it was worth it, regardless of a financial return.

This is probably the only thing where I have put myself out there and said "Yes, I have some, and this is what I think"

probably because I've never really looked at this as an investment like most do ....... it speculation

You are doing well then :)

I'm still young compared to most on here ..... 30's

• Upvote 1

do you feel like it was worth it, regardless of a financial return.

This is probably the only thing where I have put myself out there and said "Yes, I have some, and this is what I think"

probably because I've never really looked at this as an investment like most do ....... it speculation

I'm still young compared to most on here ..... 30's

Yes.. it is.. I know it's a speculation and hey.. stock market is speculation too :)  exactly.. :) 

Well.. lucky you.. wish I can turn back time, now I sound like Cher lol

Good talking to you and please keep the posting.. I look at and read your post :)

Win a few, Lose a Few, that's all life can really give us is the chance to make logical gambles. It's not like you get to take it with you when it's all over.

Been on both sides of the wealth fence several times each. Richer is easier, but hasn't necessarily always been the best side to be on because your

most creative ideas usually come to you when you are faced with being near broke and only have a few bucks left (if you're lucky) to "gamble" with.

If you take the time to listen to that tiny little voice, you will (most likely) come out ok, but sometimes you may get squashed. In times like those you

just learn to dust yourself off, hang on and move forward the best you can until the next opportunity comes along.

Perserverance is the Key element because any time you give up, you automatically lose and you don't get the opportunity to make those extra mistakes

that inevitably teach you something you can use a little later down the road.

Just look at my Avatar closely and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hanging on is the only real choice, especially if you take the time to look at the bigger pictures in life.

Rich, Poor, Good, Bad, Pretty or Ugly ... Think about things it as if it were 100 years from now and realize none of it will matter to you and if it still does then you are very lucky

to have made it an extra 100 years.

I have a more broader view, it doesnt end here with the dinar its about ushering in a Brand new monetary system, the fiat system is designed to collapse once it has ran its course.  A few ways why they continue it, to enslave with debt, to unbalance the playing field, also to print endless amounts of money. There comes a time when the house of cards must fall and we are on the brink. This is so much bigger than the dinar this is about awakening humanity and exposing the corrupt empire that has kept each and everyone of us in bondage for centuries.  Until many awake up we will remain under the thumb of the elite and their control. The BRICS is a prime example on how fed up countries are of being tied to debt and the worthless USD its time for a cleansing and to restore Balance not only in the monetary system but the universe.

• Upvote 2

I have a more broader view, it doesnt end here with the dinar its about ushering in a Brand new monetary system, the fiat system is designed to collapse once it has ran its course.  A few ways why they continue it, to enslave with debt, to unbalance the playing field, also to print endless amounts of money. There comes a time when the house of cards must fall and we are on the brink. This is so much bigger than the dinar this is about awakening humanity and exposing the corrupt empire that has kept each and everyone of us in bondage for centuries.  Until many awake up we will remain under the thumb of the elite and their control. The BRICS is a prime example on how fed up countries are of being tied to debt and the worthless USD its time for a cleansing and to restore Balance not only in the monetary system but the universe.

I'll stand right by you and watch it crumble....... even before I got into this I was looking into the world monetary system ...... its all BS

it always has been and the dollar is the linchpin ...... I reckon total collapse is about 10 years overdue .......some experts say 30 years or  more which is even worse ...... the longer this goes on the worse the aftermath is going to be

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree with you on that system Easy.

The problem(s) I see also include the supression of inexpensive sources of energy and material costs for creation of everything from housing to food and clothing, along with clean air and water.

In an "ideal" world, we could simply 3D-print whatever we needed and using advanced materials from hemp to graphene would allow those created items to last.

Money itself is only a means to an end and it is the "system" itself which must be changed to allow for advancement with actual support from the top levels to help and nudge us along rather

than do everything in their power to supress us for their own benefit.

My sister in California called and told me about the dinar four years ago, actually about the end of July in that year.  It happened right after the bottom fell out of my 401K, and I had been forced to sell my house and move in with my daughter and her family. I actually made money on my house because, although small, it was quite lovely. I was heart-broken at the time, but I have adjusted to that loss. Even though I made quite a bit of money on that house, I had to sell it or I would have lost it, so this was not a choice I would have made without necessity's demand. However, I then gave a bit of money to my daughter so she could do some remodeling in her own house, and I bought dinar with the rest of it. I have managed to get by since then, actually due to the grace and love of my daughter and now to that of a dear friend from high school who recently talked me into moving to Florida to live with her and her family for a while. When this RV's, both of these good women will find themselves the recipients of that proverbial "nice chunk of change" that they can use however they want.  I suspect my daughter will use hers for my granddaughter's education, since sweet Rachael plans to become a doctor.  If so, I plan to add a few more dollars to the pot to make sure she gets to develop her career and so my daughter can spend "foolishly" for herself once in a while.  I also want to give some money to a couple organizations so they can continue to help our brave military heroes get the help they need to mend their lives and return to their families. And for myself, I will buying and decorate another lovely home. Buying furniture and decorator items is a sheer delight for me, much like other women might feel when they shop for new clothing. So that's my plan, and I'm stickin' to it. LOL

I tend to agree with you on that system Easy.

The problem(s) I see also include the supression of inexpensive sources of energy and material costs for creation of everything from housing to food and clothing, along with clean air and water.

In an "ideal" world, we could simply 3D-print whatever we needed and using advanced materials from hemp to graphene would allow those created items to last.

Money itself is only a means to an end and it is the "system" itself which must be changed to allow for advancement with actual support from the top levels to help and nudge us along rather

than do everything in their power to supress us for their own benefit.

hence the expression ...

f15d1d1cb86a7ad95e3bb9b41408c441c029a6e2

• Upvote 1

I just saw the Dinesh D' Sousa movie, America, today. I also have his book.  He explains extremely well why we have this money situation in the world, and we need to do all we can to protect our country. Not sure I spelled his name right, but every word he wrote makes ultimate sense.

I just saw the Dinesh D' Sousa movie, America, today. I also have his book.  He explains extremely well why we have this money situation in the world, and we need to do all we can to protect our country. Not sure I spelled his name right, but every word he wrote makes ultimate sense.

hey Francie ....... I like the title of the film but not what it may imply ...... I love film especially independent film which is always non bias but I really doubt this one is.

Anyway I haven't seen it yet so I don't want t form an opinion before I do see it ..... trying to keep an open mind

but from looking at  Dinesh D'Souza online CV seen below ...... I cant help but feel it's just going to be a one sided monologue about how he loves America..... not that that's a bad thing ..... but looking at all his history , thats all he does, there is no objective point of view.

anyway I'll give it a look this weekend.

Books

Books authored by Dinesh D'Souza include:

Dinesh D'Souza has also contributed to:

• 2008: Foreword to Conspiracies and the Cross by Timothy Paul Jones, Frontline Books (ISBN 1-599-79205-2)

Articles

Articles written by Dinesh D'Souza include:

Film
  • Upvote 1

I DID, also, spend 2 years worth of mtg. payments on dinar...........howsomever, I reside in a one-room cave outside Detroit!

Pretty funny, chess!

Now, the fact that I've seen Detroit houses for sale starting at $50.00 (yep, 50 bucks) has me curious.

• Upvote 1