Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines?

George Hayduke

A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Marine got into an argument about which branch of the service was The Best. The arguing became so heated the four servicemen failed to see an oncoming truck as they crossed the street.

They were hit by the truck and killed instantly. Soon, the four servicemen found themselves at the pearly gates of Heaven. There, they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate source of truth and honesty.

So, the four servicemen asked him, Saint Peter, which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best? Saint Peter replied, I can't answer that. However, I will ask God what He thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on Earth and welcome to Heaven.

Sometime later the four servicemen see Saint Peter and remind him of the question they had asked when first entering Heaven, and asked Saint Peter if he was able to ask God for the answer to their question. Suddenly, a sparkling white dove lands on Saint Peter's shoulder. In the doves beak is a note glistening with gold dust. Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into the air, harps play crescendos and Saint Peter begins to read the note aloud to the four servicemen:

MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY 
TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines 
SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best ? 
DATE: Eternally 

1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
  2. Each serves America well and with distinction.
  3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow countrymen.
  4. Always be proud of that.

Warm Regards,

GOD,  Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA Ret.)

50px-Army-USA-OR-09a.svg.png

• Upvote 4

Back in the 70s (am I really this old?), I was assigned to Field Medical Service School where they taught young sailors like me the things that we desperately needed to know about how to live in a field environment as a Hospital Corpsman assigned to a Marine Corps unit.

On one of the classroom walls, was one of those rank comparison charts so you could figure out who and what was senior to who and what.

You know, things like a Private First Class in the Marines is an E2 but a Private First Class in the Army was an E3. Staff Sergeants in the Marines and Army were E6s but in the Air Force they were E5s. A Navy Chief was equivalent to and Air Force Master Sergeant, a Senior Chief was equal to a Senior Master Sergeant and a Master Chief was on par with a Chief Master Sergeant. And that was just the enlisted side.

As a sailor, I knew that a Lieutenant was an O3 and a Captain was an O6. The other services had 2nd lieutenants that were O1s and 1st lieutenants O2s and their captains were O3s. And how in the heck is it that Lieutenants are junior to Majors but Major Generals were junior to Lieutenant Generals?

Anyway, when you got to the 5-Star rank it was spelled out. The Army had General of the Army, the Navy had Fleet Admiral, the Air Force has General of the Air Force. But the Marines have no 5-Star officers. In the blank spot, someone wrote in "God."

And now we know the real story.

Semper Fi!

(from the Marine Corps qualified Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman)

• Upvote 1