Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

market open?????

I was never able to find a reliable news source saying that the ISX was going international.  The Guru Spew was the onl place I could ever find that. The closest I found was a story about them switching to a new trading platform - one that is use by 25 other exchanges, but it doesn't mention anything about them interacting with any of those other exchanges.  Basically the Guru's took a software upgrade and turned it into a another non-event.

The Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) is currently in the process of upgrading to the latest Nasdaq trading platform after signing an agreement with Nasdaq OMX in June 2013. The new platform, currently used by more than 25 exchanges globally, is capable of supporting multiple asset classes, although the ISX concentrates mainly on cash equities.

“We will complete the implementation at the end of June, and it will go live at the beginning of July,” said Taha Ahmed al-Rubaye, chief executive of the ISX. “We are working hard to modernize the exchange.”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/iraq-stock-market-outlook-achievements-challenges.html#%23ixzz36EI8yvMa#ixzz36KIOiMwo

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/iraq-stock-market-outlook-achievements-challenges.html#%23ixzz36EI8yvMa

• Upvote 4

Tankdude this has been my take on it as well.  I watched the Investment Laws and never saw anything being passed pertaining to foreign brokers being allowed to compete against Iraqi brokers.  Regardless of what anybody is saying, if it isn't codified in law it is pure conjecture.  

• Upvote 1

Thank You TankDude and Trinity... Always Appreciate You Both For Getting To The Truth In These Matters.

All this talk about Iraq going "international"... is simply a new software program that they will be using for ISX.

NO Change as far as going "International".

Dang Those Gurus... they will make something out of nothing every time.

until the custodian banks come online with the isx, there will be no "international".  in my limited knowledge, i will help share why this is important. 

big money would be foolish to directly send millions of dollars into a iraq and its bourse without any insurances in place.  the best they might do from a risk perspective is through the purchasing of iraq government bonds.  only a clown like me would send thousands of dollars to the isx and into an environment where risks are high but so are the rewards.  millionaires are not so foolish.  they want controls in place to protect their investment and this is where the custodian banks come in.

just as their name describes, custodian banks (herein CB) retain custody of equities.  so CB's will buy equities from the ISX and become a clown like me.  millionaire investors will purchase equities from their CB.  they will pay whatever premiums to the CB for absorbing their risk.  

up until this date in time, i am aware of only one CB that has been granted license.  the CB never pursued the venture even after a year of getting the nod.  foreign investors are very skittish about iraq until they achieve a stable government.  i hope this was helpful.

The going "Live" just meant that they are now online.  Before they used blackboards and erasers now they have computer screens.

actually they have been online.  the blackboard and eraser days were long past my friend.  my wonderful broker sends me screenprints of my holdings.  the nasdaq technology is simply a better platform to perform trades and will most likely allow for connectivity internationally at some point in the future.  when will that functionality be enabled, who knows.

Thanks all - I'm a big believer in just finding facts and bringing out the truth as much as I can.  Kind of an anit-guru I guess (or maybe a mini-Adam - LOL)

I'm anxious to have this move forward to. Going through a rough spot at the moment, and a cash influx would be GREATLY appreciated at the moment.  Some family health challenges coupled with a new state law in MT and an ongoing battle with the VA over some of my issues have kind of created a "perfect storm" scenario at the moment that has had a major impact on my cash flow. 

Worst part is the new stat law that has really hampered my second income stream...and all because (in my opinion) some lobbyist was able to convince some state senators that the group they worked for is more capable of policing their members than the state, and any company that is not a member of their association should be more strictly controlled by the state.  ARRRGHHH!

Edited by tankdude
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...