Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How did you fund your brokerage? Which bank/service?

I've been turned down by three banks to send a wire to Iraq from the US for my Aljazerra Brokerage account.  They all say it is on their list of restricted countries and will not wire there.  Wells Fargo agreed to do a wire but I must go through their legal department and they never answer their phone when I call. 

-What banks have you had success with wiring the money?

-Anyone used Western Union?

-Am I doing something wrong?

-Do I need to stress with them that it is being wired to Jordan first and not Iraq?

I've been turned down by three banks to send a wire to Iraq from the US for my Aljazerra Brokerage account.  They all say it is on their list of restricted countries and will not wire there.  Wells Fargo agreed to do a wire but I must go through their legal department and they never answer their phone when I call. 

-Do I need to stress with them that it is being wired to Jordan first and not Iraq?

The entire post sounds suspect to me, for several reasons.

• Upvote 1

I have performed all of my wire transfers through Wells Fargo without any issues.  

TX, could you post the email address your using with Warka Bank and the ISX Dept please? I started an email train last week asking for a copy of my latest stock portfolio and a copy of my IDC (Iraq Depositoy Center) showing where I own these stocks. Today I will submit request number 5 from them. I have been with Warka since early 2009 an have never had this issue of not getting a reply back from them. I put Mr. I an every one in that Bank I have an email on, even the credit card person...Maybe I have an outdated email list, I don't know.

Thanks for the help...

I sat down with a lady from wells Fargo on Friday afternoon. We made several phone calls and it was determined that we could send the wire but that Aljazerra brokerage was on a list of end destinations that could not be sent to. She found the list off the US treasury website under OFAC. I asked her to look up al karmaal and they were also on the list that could not be sent to. She said there could be possible links to terrorism which freaked me out a bit. This was my experience...don't really care if you think I sound suspect.

Go play games somewhere else. Your bank story is garbage to say the least. The ISX section contains individuals who have spent the time to know how to determine when a good deal or camel dung is in front of us. May I suggest you try a different website where nonsense is tolerated.

• Upvote 1

I have been useing Chase Bank for years to wire funds to Warka Bank & now Aljazera brokerage without any problems. Now I wire directly from the comfort of any smart device through my chase online account. Easy smeazy ;-)

• Upvote 2

TX, could you post the email address your using with Warka Bank and the ISX Dept please? I started an email train last week asking for a copy of my latest stock portfolio and a copy of my IDC (Iraq Depositoy Center) showing where I own these stocks. Today I will submit request number 5 from them. I have been with Warka since early 2009 an have never had this issue of not getting a reply back from them. I put Mr. I an every one in that Bank I have an email on, even the credit card person...Maybe I have an outdated email list, I don't know.

Thanks for the help...

although i have a warka account, i never funded it.  the reviews on warka were just too bad to have my money tied up with them. i went with an alternative brokerage firm for trading.  sorry i cant be of further help my friend.  

I funded my warka account back in 2007, and bought several stocks in ISX back then through proxy.  I now want to get the stocks in my name, but I don't know to go about doing this.  Shoot I can't even get a response from Warka to get a new password, to login to my account.  So if anyone can give me any info on how to get in contact with Warka to change my password and to put my stocks in my name,I'll appreciate it. 

Thank you Captain Ron, I will give Chase a try sounds much easier than what I've experienced so far.  I looked up the OFAC SDN list online http://sdnsearch.ofac.treas.gov/ and searched and I could not find Aljazera Brokerage listed so I'm not sure why it came up when Wells Fargo searched it at the bank?  How is your experience with Aljazera so far? 

Captain Ron,

Sorry for all the questions...  I am going to Chase today so I can setup an account to do the online wire transactions.  Were you able to do the wire transactions online right away?  Did you have to do anything special to set it up?  Is it easy to perform the wire with the intermediate bank being involved?  Anything else I need to know?

Thank you!

I am soooo frustrated with this I'm about to give up. I have spent 6 hours of my time trying to do a freaking wire transfer.  I setup the online banking with Chase and I put in all the information but when I go to list the Intermediary bank info it will not allow me to put anything but a US bank.  Will the wire get there if i just send it directly to the Investment Bank of Iraq and if I do not list the intemediary bank?   Someone PLEASE help me out!

my friend i feel your pain.  lets tackle this in steps.  firstly are you sure that you have the proper wire information from Aljazera Brokerage?  my latest information is that there are three options for wiring.  have you emailed mr. hasan?

I hope you are well .
The Investment Bank of Iraq provided us with two more options for intermediary banks (one in Germany and the other in Turkey) in addition to the one in Jordan , so that now our clients have 3 options of intermediary banks to choose from when sending their wire tansfers to fund their accounts . They can choose either Type A , or Type B , or Type C .
Please find attached our Security Notice and Wiring Instructions Type A , Type B , and Type C .
Please send us a scan of your wire to follow it through with the bank here . When we receive the wire , we shall notify you , send you a scan of it , and provide your account balance in IQD 

I just got this email from Hasan... It sounds as if I can wire it directly to the intermediary bank and put the instructions for the second bank in the notes section... Hopefully this works because there is only 100 characters available in the notes section.

Your bank should send the wire to the intermediary bank with instructions to forward it to Investment Bank of Iraq to credit the amount to Aljazera Brokerage Company account no. 28216 . Therefore , you should put on the Wire Transfer Form all information about the intermediary bank (name , SWIFT code , and address) , the beneficiary bank Investment Bank of Iraq ( name , SWIFT , address , and account no.) , and the ultimate beneficiary Aljazera Brokerage Company (name , address , and account no. ) .
Please find attached 2 samples of completed , though not up-to-date , wire transfer forms . 

Best regards ,
Hasan

I just got this email from Hasan... It sounds as if I can wire it directly to the intermediary bank and put the instructions for the second bank in the notes section... Hopefully this works because there is only 100 characters available in the notes section.

Your bank should send the wire to the intermediary bank with instructions to forward it to Investment Bank of Iraq to credit the amount to Aljazera Brokerage Company account no. 28216 . Therefore , you should put on the Wire Transfer Form all information about the intermediary bank (name , SWIFT code , and address) , the beneficiary bank Investment Bank of Iraq ( name , SWIFT , address , and account no.) , and the ultimate beneficiary Aljazera Brokerage Company (name , address , and account no. ) .
Please find attached 2 samples of completed , though not up-to-date , wire transfer forms . 

Best regards ,
Hasan

Best regards ,
Hasan

Do not list account numbers of the Brokerage, it may be used for nefarious practices.

Edited by moneysoon

NEVER wire money to Iraq! Period - end of story.

Drive down the road and throw it out. At least American's will find it and spend it! WOW

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1