Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BANKING SECTOR INFRASTRUCTURE IN IRAQ PREPARED FOR GLOBAL BANKS

Irregardless of the validity of the source of the article, Iraq is developing higher banking technology, bringing in outside investors, setting up currency exchanges (I think) and looking for worldwide recognition in the global economy.  Methinks we are in for some rich creamy chocolate. :cigar: 

• Upvote 3

Do you think that if/when Hakim get in that he could push the RV button? In other words...do you think Maliki/Iran have been holding up progress of the value in their Currency?

OR

is the process just not ready yet and it will go when it goes..no matter who is in control of the government?

----------------------------

We miss you around here! You always bring good stuff to the table

Well, I'm certainly no authority on any of this; Just a bit opinonated I suppose, lol.  That stated, personally, I don't really think Maliki has himself been holding it back. Maliki is (IMO) a thug in every sense of the word. ( Hey, Dinar Thug...No offense intended there buddy; Just a play on words). IMO, Maliki would love to get his hands in an RV'd cookie jar. I feel the CBI thinks that as well. I find it a bit ironic that just a couple of days after the elections, as preliminary results began to come in and it looked as though Maliki could indeed be ousted due to reported alliances formed between Hakim, Sadr, and some of the other blocs, that the Governor of the CBI, Abdel Basset Turki came out with the following statement, reported by several reputable Iraqi news sites and discussed in a thread here on DV as well....

Turki was quoted as saying..." the project raise zeros from the Iraqi currency will not be applied, except in the case of the stability of political and economic situation of the country", denying the issuance of a new decision of the Bank in this regard.

"The central bank will proceed without hesitation to apply the project raise zeros from the local currency in case settled political and economic situation of the country."

I know you folks here like links, lol, so I took that from the following....http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://alghadpress.com/ar/news/13263/%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A8%25D9%2586%25D9%2583-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2585%25D8%25B1%25D9%2583%25D8%25B2%25D9%258A-%25D8%25AD%25D8%25B0%25D9%2581-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B5%25D9%2581%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1-%25D9%2585%25D9%2586-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D9%2585%25D9%2584%25D8%25A9

I think most of us could agree that there has been very little "political or economic" stability to this point under the reign of Al- Maliki. My own personal thoughts are that the CBI has not accomplished everything they needed to in order to pull the trigger, but I suspect they are extremely close. If they were or are in the position to do it now, I just can't see them letting Maliki get his greedy little hands on it. Is it merely a coincidence that Turki made those remarks two days after the Iraqi people went to the polls? Frankly, I don't think so. I do believe that there are decent people who, if they were to assume the office of PM, could in fact achieve what Turki has stated would have to occur, and it certainly (IMO) isn't Maliki.

Ok, sorry for being so long winded in my opinon.  I short, I do not believe Maliki is holding this up; I do believe the mere fact that he is in office could in itself be part of the problem.  Get a new guy in, get the environment stable, ( which will indeed be a difficult task) and then I think we may indeed see what so many of us have been waiting on for such a long time, and that the people of Iraq can finally find out what freedom really feels like, as well as experience the "true value" of their country.

I have no inside info, no sources, no rates, no dates. I'm just an average guy who's been here for a while, with my own personal thoughts, of which this was one. I could be way off base as there are others much more qualified to answer, and my opinons have frequently been way off, but you asked for my thoughts, lol.   

Take care.

RSS

Edited by rsskelton
  • Upvote 3