Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NEW LAW IN THE GAZETTE - APRIL 18, 2014:"Law on ratification of the Convention on the economic and trade agrmnt w/Iraq, N. Ireland & Great Britain"

TBomb

Connections between recent CoM Announcement pertaining to UNAMI and Trade Agreements posted in the Gazette:

NEW LAW IN THE GAZETTE - UPLOAD DATE OF APRIL 18, 2014: "Law on ratification of the Convention on the economic and trade cooperation and technical cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (21) of 2012"

UPLOADED TO GAZETTE APRIL 17, 2014:

"Law on ratification of the Convention on the encouragement and reciprocal protection of investment environment and Protocol between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany (60) 2012"

GAZETTE LINK

THE UPLOADING OF THESE TRADE AGREEMENTS MAY NOT INDICATE A HUGE RELATIONSHIP REGARDING THE LIQUIDITY EVENT WE'RE LOOKING FOR, BUT, IMO, THEY ARE A GOOD SIGN - WE STILL NEED MORE REGULATORY ECONOMIC, BANKING AND INVESTMENT LAWS.

CoM Site: Authorize the Secretary of State the authority to negotiate and sign a draft agreement regulating the activities of the UN Mission for Assistance to Iraq

Cabinet decided to authorize the Secretary of State the authority to negotiate and sign a draft agreement regulating the activities of the UN mission to provide assistance to Iraq between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the United Nations after the addition of amendments scheduled to Articles II and VII of Alagh in line with the legal opinion of the State Council, according to the provisions of Article ( 80 / item VI) of the Constitution.

came in resolution No. (188) for the year 2014 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to prepare a document authorization required on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Iraq to Mr. Foreign Minister, according to the contexts approved and submitted to the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers in order to obtain the signature of the President of the Council of Ministers.

came Maardth decision based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Legal Department of the regular session of the fifth session held on the fifteenth of April.

***This article requires back up research of the UNAMI mandate, however, below please find the constitutional references from the article and also a list from the UN site containing which areas the UNAMI mandate covers:

From the Iraqi Constitution - outlining the topics of discussion from the CoM article:

Article (80):
The cabinet shall exercise the following powers:

First, the planning and implementation of State policy, plans, and oversee the work of the ministries, and non-related Ministry.
Second: proposing draft laws.

Third: to issue the regulations, instructions and decisions to implement the laws.

IV. preparation of a draft budget and final account and development plans.

Fifth: recommending to the House of representatives, approved the appointment of undersecretaries, ambassadors and special grades, and Army Chief of staff and his associates, who served as Task Force Commander, and the head of the national intelligence service, heads of the security services.

Sixth: to negotiate treaties and international conventions, signed or authorized by.

(As the article references a "VII", there's no "VII" listed within this section of the constitution, so they're talking about sections II and VII of the UNAMI mandate) - See below:

Here's further information from the UNAMI documents/UN site:

A quote from the UNAMI mandate; Items II and VII referenced within the CoM article above:

2. Decides further that the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and UNAMI, at the request of the Government of Iraq, and taking into account the letter from the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq to the Secretary-General (S/2013/430, annex), shall continue to pursue their mandate as stipulated in resolution 2061 (2012); and recalls the provisions of resolution 2107 (2013);

7. Decides to remain seized of the matter.

LINK TO UNAMI MANDATE INFORMATION FROM THE CORRESPONDING UN SITE

**So, IF Maliki signs, this, I believe, is stating that they are giving Zebari permission to activate the sections of the UNAMI mandate referring to "Sixth: to negotiate treaties and international conventions, signed or authorized by." THE FACT THAT THESE TRADE AGREEMENTS ARE BEING UPLOADED TO THE GAZETTE, IMO, INDICATE THE INTENTION TO PERHAPS SOON ACT ON THESE TRADE AGREEMENTS. WITH THAT SAID, THERE ARE TRADE AGREEMENTS WHICH HAVE BEEN UPLOADED TO THE GAZETTE IN THE PAST THAT HAVE NOT BEEN IMPLEMENTED, BUT PERHAPS THIS PROPOSAL BY THE COM TO ASSIGN OFFICIAL DUTIES TO ZEBARI TO ENACT INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS, MAY WELL BE THE PROVERBIAL HORSE AT THE STARTING GATE. ALSO, LET'S NOT FORGET THAT THE COM CAME OUT A COUPLE/FEW MONTHS AGO STATING THAT ALL CONTRACTS ARE TO BE PAID (OUT) SOLELY IN IQD

Here's what the UNAMI mandate governs:

"UNAMI mandate

Through its resolution 2061, adopted on 25 July 2012, the Security Council extended the mandate of UNAMI until 31 July 2013. The Mission is mandated “as circumstances permit” and “at the request of the Government of Iraq”

to: Advise support and assist the Government of Iraq in:

advancing their inclusive, political dialogue and national reconciliation;

development of processes for holding elections and referenda;

constitutional review and the implementation of constitutional provisions; - I HAVE TO WONDER IF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE COM HAS OCCURRED IN PART BECAUSE MALIKI WANTS TO PUSH THROUGH THE BUDGET AS IS, ACCORDING TO THE CONSTITUTION.

development of processes acceptable to the Government of Iraq to resolve disputed internal boundaries;

facilitating regional dialogue, including on issues of border security, energy, and refugees;
planning, funding and implementing reintegration programmes for former members of illegal armed groups;

initial planning for the conduct of a comprehensive census;

Promote, support, and facilitate, in coordination with the Government of Iraq:

The coordination and delivery of humanitarian assistance and the safe, orderly, and voluntary return, as appropriate;

The implementation of the International Compact with Iraq, including coordination with donors and international financial institutions;

The coordination and implementation of programmes to improve Iraq’s capacity to provide essential services for its people and continue active donor coordination of critical reconstruction and assistance programmes through the International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI);

Economic reform, capacity-building and the conditions for sustainable development, including through coordination with national and regional organizations and, as appropriate, civil society, donors, and international financial institutions;

The development of effective civil, social and essential services, including through training and conferences in Iraq
when possible (**WE'VE SEEN NEWS FROM THE COM THAT THESE TRAINING CONFERENCES HAVE BEEN GOING ON);

The contributions of United Nations agencies, funds, and programmes to the objectives outlined in this resolution under a unified leadership of the Secretary-General through his Special Representative for Iraq;

And also promote the protection of human rights and judicial and legal reform in order to strengthen the rule of law in Iraq;"

“as circumstances permit” and “at the request of the Government of Iraq”

By presenting this to Maliki/Head of the CoM - Iraq is requesting this.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 8

Thanks Tbomb, this is great news and a leap in the right direction

Just a thought I wonder if this has anything to do with providing  oil and gas to europe and the uk due to sanctions being placed with Russia. If thats the case and iraq is going to sell to europe and the uk surely "International Tradable Currency".

you would think that but Oil is bought and sold in dollars ........

• Upvote 2

It's really a unique situation. The last person who tried to sell oil without the dollar

was Kadafi. Before that was a fellow named Saddam. How'd that work out for them.

But now Putin is trying to do so. And you don't just take out the leader of the second

largest economy in the world. Especially when OBUMMMMMMMER is president.

This entire thing is the cold war on steroids, and I truly fear America won't win this

time.

Botzwana,you are forever in my prayers.

• Upvote 5

It's really a unique situation. The last person who tried to sell oil without the dollar

was Kadafi. Before that was a fellow named Saddam. How'd that work out for them.

But now Putin is trying to do so. And you don't just take out the leader of the second

largest economy in the world. Especially when OBUMMMMMMMER is president.

This entire thing is the cold war on steroids, and I truly fear America won't win this

time.

Botzwana,you are forever in my prayers.

I think if it came down to fire power yeah America would win ........ but could they fight a war on all contents, there are many countries that what rid of the dollar.

I fear all its going to take is one powerful nation to stand up and say they've had enough ...... the rest will follow.

It would be impossible.

Cold War on steroids is a good analogy, but this time people are oblivious to what is happening ........ It'll be way too late by the time they realize whats going on

• Upvote 4

I think if it came down to fire power yeah America would win ........ but could they fight a war on all contents, there are many countries that what rid of the dollar.

I fear all its going to take is one powerful nation to stand up and say they've had enough ...... the rest will follow.

It would be impossible.

Cold War on steroids is a good analogy, but this time people are oblivious to what is happening ......

.. It'll be way too late by the time they realize whats going on

I pray you're wrong, but I fear you're right.

Botzwana you are forever in my prayers.

• Upvote 3

We don't have to fear what seems obvious. Putin and China want us and do need us, they are spreading their arms for some elbo room. The USA is a global entrenched country and we are rooting deeper and deeper into the world. We have the largest reserve of OIL on this planet in the USA. We are technically the most advanced and on finding the oil fields in the world too. Do you think this is a threat to the other global giants? Heck Yes! We are forcing democracy down everyone's throats. This pulls out a foundation from under many powerful countries long known rulers in both government or dictatorships.

So, even if we have the backing of other countries we are not slowing down in our goals. These goals are not necessarily yours or mine, but those large companies and powerful people hiding behind our elected and lobbied officials. These people are blind to the affects of our beautiful countries global reach. We are not liked by many people or countries not as a people but our government.

Haven't we done a lot for the other countries on this globe? YES! Even the French don't like us and we saved their butts.

Russia is just showing us they can flex. Yet they need us. Putin is no dummy and he is showing us he doesn't fear us. I personally don't blame him. I don't like what I see but what should he do? He sees anti Russsian sentiment and he is going to do his best to lay fear into those willing to revolt. If not he will seem weak and he has a lot more to lose.

Iran is in big trouble and you bet Russia will be in bed with them all it can. If not we take one more in that region! Democracy isn't cheap.

This and everything in IRAQ is so important to our nations goals of spreading our reach. This is a big reason I bet Iraq will do,very well !

It has to or we lose on many fronts. The more we march in using the word democracy and freedom... The more we break down and build up,with success, the more strength and footing we hold on a global scale. This isn't about us though. My friends this is a plan alright. Those pulling the strings are winning and will continue to do so for a long time...

Peace and excuse my little rant. Look past the obvious and think on a larger scale....

Go IRAQ!

Edited by imgesing
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

It would be impossible.

Cold War on steroids is a good analogy, but this time people are oblivious to what is happening ........ It'll be way too late by the time they realize whats going on

You see what is really going on Machine... it's funny to me (or not so funny really) that the rest of the world sees this more clearly than we do.

Gosh I dislike our corporate media so much... they are such a great tool for keeping us distracted and misled.

Please know some of us do see the truth of what has been happening and know what is coming isn't going to be pretty...

We don't have to fear what seems obvious. Putin and China want us and do need us, they are spreading their arms for some elbo room. The USA is a global entrenched country and we are rooting deeper and deeper into the world. We have the largest reserve of OIL on this planet in the USA. We are technically the most advanced and on finding the oil fields in the world too. Do you think this is a threat to the other global giants? Heck Yes! We are forcing democracy down everyone's throats. This pulls out a foundation from under many powerful countries long known rulers in both government or dictatorships.

So, even if we have the backing of other countries we are not slowing down in our goals. These goals are not necessarily yours or mine, but those large companies and powerful people hiding behind our elected and lobbied officials. These people are blind to the affects of our beautiful countries global reach. We are not liked by many people or countries not as a people but our government.

Haven't we done a lot for the other countries on this globe? YES! Even the French don't like us and we saved their butts.

Russia is just showing us they can flex. Yet they need us. Putin is no dummy and he is showing us he doesn't fear us. I personally don't blame him. I don't like what I see but what should he do? He sees anti Russsian sentiment and he is going to do his best to lay fear into those willing to revolt. If not he will seem weak and he has a lot more to lose.

Iran is in big trouble and you bet Russia will be in bed with them all it can. If not we take one more in that region! Democracy isn't cheap.

This and everything in IRAQ is so important to our nations goals of spreading our reach. This is a big reason I bet Iraq will do,very well !

It has to or we lose on many fronts. The more we march in using the word democracy and freedom... The more we break down and build up,with success, the more strength and footing we hold on a global scale. This isn't about us though. My friends this is a plan alright. Those pulling the strings are winning and will continue to do so for a long time...

Peace and excuse my little rant. Look past the obvious and think on a larger scale....

Go IRAQ!

Don't know where you are looking... but looking at the obvious... we have not been taking out governments and installing "Democracy".

We have installed Puppets and Dictators to carry out the US and Britain's agenda.

They obviously don't care about the Iraqi people... they care about the oil... and they don't intend to share in their wealth. JMHO

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Go IRAQ

IMGESING: Cool and subtle name by the way. I agree with everything you said 100%. Mag's, yeah its about oil. But don't kid yourself, its always about oil. Thats why Hitler went down to Romania and into Northern Africa. Ever notice why many strong ME countries have their armies goosestepping so well. Every country's businesses and war machines need energy to run. The good ones and the bad ones, the oppressors and the liberators. What should we do let the next Hitler rise to power and reek havoc on the poor and innocent. Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah; who are we to blah, blah, blah. Somebody has got to do it. Remember the only way for evil to reign is for good men to do nothing. Folks,I know that the BRIC (brick) countries( Brazil, Russia, Iran, China ) are talking about replacing the US dollar with a currancy of their own and drive down the value of our currancy, but thats only because they cannot do it individually. Also, if either of them do that, they will be damming their own economies to crash and burn. Why? Because they all are heavily invested in the US dollar in their own central banks reserves.  :twocents:

• Upvote 4

Anyone else think maybe this thing going on in the Ukraine has been manufactured by the US because the US is angry that Putin has foiled their plans in taking out Syria to use as their back door way to take out Iran?

Maybe this is an attempt to distract and weaken Putin on his own turf so they can continue with their plans in the ME?

Russia is severing banking ties with the US as we speak... Putin would be more than happy to provide banking services to other countries as well.

As For China... Really they don't need us as much as some here seem to think... neither does India nor a lot of other countries.

It's not they they hate us so much... it's that they want to do what is best for themselves... without threats (sanctions) to their well being from the US.

Again JMHO

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Maggie, you are right about the installation of puppets. Even our president is one.

Which was partially my point... Yet, as NY Kevin said we shouldn't sit around either. I still feel progress is being made for whatever goals are the aim. Oil is definitely but one purpose and I seriously don't think it is that in of it self. Again the USA is sitting on the largest oil reserve in the world.

Still this system or crazy form of government in Iraq is very strategic and important to succeed for the USA in that region. This is why there are efforts to destroy what is in place. Iran would love to see Iraq fail. Iraq will do very well and it is doing well. We just have to stay patient and watch. My main point in my post was that for what has transpired in Iraq since we invaded them has been quick moving in terms of reform. I hope our investment pays off soon...

Now you said they don't care about their own people... Do you think our government cares about us? If so I have many examples to send your way to prove other wise... Welcome to democracy.

Peace...

• Upvote 1

. Again the USA is sitting on the largest oil reserve in the world.

hey Imesing, I've seen a few people quote this before but I've never seen any proof ( I have heard the rumors of the 500trillion barrels of oil under the rockies) ....... Now I work in the Oil & Gas industry (I'm an Engineering Consultant) ....... From what I can see if it were true the US would be drilling for it already, no matter where it is.

As Oil is the top commodity of this century it would make sense to start using it when it's in high demand ........  with the huge technological advances in the past 100 years I doubt we'll be using oil (as much)100 years from now  ....... something else will be in place, so what would be the point of sitting on top of the worlds biggest oil reserve when oil is in high demand and never using it, meanwhile having the knowledge that very soon in the future Oil may be redundant as an energy source.

If it is there , your government officials would want there heads checked ....... 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think maybe this thing going on in the Ukraine has been manufactured by the US because the US is angry that Putin has foiled their plans in taking out Syria to use as their back door way to take out Iran?

Maybe this is an attempt to distract and weaken Putin on his own turf so they can continue with their plans in the ME?

Russia is severing banking ties with the US as we speak... Putin would be more than happy to provide banking services to other countries as well.

As For China... Really they don't need us as much as some here seem to think... neither does India nor a lot of other countries.

It's not they they hate us so much... it's that they want to do what is best for themselves... without threats (sanctions) to their well being from the US.

Again JMHO

Respectfully speaking, china and India are producers of mass goods. They are in the business of selling these goods. The US is the biggest consumer of THINGS from both these countries because we have allowed our lib federal EPA regulations and high tax on business to destroy much of what used to be the best built THINGS in the world. Now we have to buy foreign. They, CHINA and INDIA still need their biggest customer.

• Upvote 2

Respectfully speaking, china and India are producers of mass goods. They are in the business of selling these goods. The US is the biggest consumer of THINGS from both these countries because we have allowed our lib federal EPA regulations and high tax on business to destroy much of what used to be the best built THINGS in the world. Now we have to buy foreign. They, CHINA and INDIA still need their biggest customer.

only to a point ..... people in China aspire to the lifestyle of the US ...... with that comes the inflated economy, so what happens when china gets to the point were they no longer want to be manufacturing base for the US and switch to a consumer based economy, realizes it's cheaper for them to have goods made in Africa and shipped to china ....... they become the new mega consumer (like the US is now)  ........... I wonder where that would leave the US.

• Upvote 1

What I have never understood is why no president has made an earnest effort to get enough of our own oil out of our ground so we can use it ourselves instead of our country being so tied into other countries that seem not to wish us well.  We have the oil. We have the technology. We have the people who need the jobs. We have the businesses and citizens who could use a break on gas prices. And if our prices were fair, we could even have foreign customers.  I realize we need to consider other countries that need our petro dollars, but still . . .  they have not always been grateful for our consistency and patronage. And we owe it to our own citizens to do what is best for ourselves first.  They do.

Obama wouldn't consider this, of course, and there are many fools out there who think we would be destroying the rangeland, but that can be handled scientifically these days.  Besides, if Harry Reid gets his way, we will have to eventually and bit by bit turn over most of our free range lands to the Chinese to build "profitable" solar plants. (Since when has one of those been profitable except to the politicians who make money for their next election coffers???).   (Just for what it's worth, I literally detest that little, ugly, sniveling cheat who is trying to take land that doesn't belong to him and give it to the Chinese in order to line his own pockets and those of his son. Good grief!! What have we elected into office these days??? But I'm very proud of the Oath Keepers, the Sheriffs, and the regular cowboys who have shown up to support the Bundy family. They make me proud [again] to be an American ). Sheriffs are the only law enforcement officers who are elected by the people they serve.  So they never forget the word "serve," while that word is sort of lost in the Obama shuffle from the White House on down through our Federal government. 

Oops!! I had a runaway typewriter, and I just got it back in control.  Sorry for my "free-range" thinking/typing here. lol

To Machine-- We're still Americans. We will adjust to a new economy where we make our own items, and we will learn to deal with it. What people forget is that we first endured many years of cheap junk China used to send to us (although it has improved tremendously in the last several years), but as Americans, we are certainly creative enough to make our own cheap stuff. lol What we have to do above all is get control of our own dollar again. It will involve  some huge changes in how we do things, but again, we are Americans, and we can do that, too.

Edited by Francie26
  • Upvote 3

Don't know where you are looking... but looking at the obvious... we have NOT been taking out governments and installing "Democracy".

We have installed Puppets and Dictators to carry out the US and Britain's agenda.

They obviously don't care about the Iraqi people... they care about the oil... and they don't intend to share in their wealth. JMHO

This is what I said ^^^^^... sorry you misunderstood... when I said "they"...I was talking about the US and Britain... NOT the Iraqi guberment.

Although the Iraqi guberment does not appear to give a darn either... 

Maggie, you are right about the installation of puppets. Even our president is one. Agreed

Which was partially my point... Yet, as NY Kevin said we shouldn't sit around either. What is it you think we should be doing?

I still feel progress is being made for whatever goals are the aim. Oil is definitely but one purpose and I seriously don't think it is that in of it self. So what do you think the "goals" are? What is the final "aim"? Why do we want control of the the Middle East?

Again the USA is sitting on the largest oil reserve in the world. If that is true then why aren't we using our own oil? Or did you mean ME oil?

If you meant US oil then please see Machine's post above...

Still this system or crazy form of government in Iraq is very strategic and important to succeed for the USA in that region. Not necessarily... the control of the oil is what is very important for the US guberment/contractors success... just as long as the puppets behave. 

This is why there are efforts to destroy what is in place. Iran would love to see Iraq fail. What efforts are you referring to? Why would "Iran love to see Iraq fail"?

Iraq will do very well and it is doing well. Really? Maybe on paper... certainly not what I gather from reading about the extreme poverty and sectarian strife (daily bombings).

We just have to stay patient and watch. I thought  you said we "shouldn't sit around"? Which is it?

My main point in my post was that for what has transpired in Iraq since we invaded them has been quick moving in terms of reform. Gotta disagree with you there.

In terms of oil drilling policies and sales... Yes. If you mean government reforms for the good of the Iraqi people... not so much.

I hope our investment pays off soon... Is that a carrot I see?

Now you said they don't care about their own people... No what I was clearly said was the US and Britain don't care about those people. Sorry you misunderstood.

Do you think our government cares about us? No

If so I have many examples to send your way to prove other wise... Not Necessary

Welcome to democracy. What In The Heck Are You Talking About? What Democracy???

I hear you about how the US has destroyed our own manufacturing base. I simply am saying that if the BRICS see the writing on the wall in big RED letters (the weakening and fall of the US dollar as the world's reserve currency) they will cooperate with each other to make a well planned exit from the Petro Dollar and work with each other and bring in newly emerging economy's.

I could even see Iraq joining them... given an opportunity.

......as for Russia: our Visa & MasterCard.....PRICELESS!!

TBomb:

Much thanks! :twothumbs:

That is what Putin is addressing right now...

no more dependence on the US for that and there is a lot of money to be made from processing those transactions for other countries too.

Seems we are speeding up the fall of the Petro Dollar by threatening these sanctions and forcing Russia to move faster than intended.

Win... Win for Putin.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

what we need to do is change the mindset of the regular consumer ....... we need them to stop buying the cheap crap and maybe spend a little extra for something that will last a lifetime.

We live in a throw away world , nothing is manufactured any more to last. Your lucky if you get 5 -10 years out of most electrical items.

• Upvote 3