Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US Historian says: "Iraqi directed" toward atheism and the study reveals "home safe"

yota691

"Iraqi directed" toward atheism and the study reveals "home safe" and the story of "al-Matar," and the goal of "Omar al-Baghdadi"

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2014 17:32  

Twilight News / A study prepared by the U.S. historian of the high number of atheists in Iraq to several factors, most notably religious extremism, also reported that the heroes are the young Iraqi orientation which was apparently supported by the Iraqi thinker Ahmed Qabbanji.

preyaerr.jpgAnd occupied Iraq, according to a study published by the Institute of GallupInternational in last summer's stage seventh in the world in terms of the prevalence of religious study said then that atheism does not exist in Iraq. And prepared a study on the extent of 2012.

"High" percentage of atheism in Iraq

But historian and researcher at the American contemporary issues in the history of the Middle East and South Asia, and a history professor at the University of the Michigan John Ricardo Cole says in a recent study seen by "Twilight News" that he believes the high proportion of atheists in Iraq.

Cole believes that the proportion of  atheism up to about 32% for several factors, including religious extremism and sectarian and political conflict.

He adds, "In spite of the risks and taboos in the conflict-torn country, the Iraqi youths turning towards atheism."

It is difficult to announce atheists in Iraq about their attitudes and beliefs intellectual may be their fate is murder.

The historian says the U.S. "A lot of atheists in Iraq could be in danger of extremists and militia if expressed publicly their point of view."

Motives Faisal Saeed Al Matar

The study lists of stories for the U.S. and Iraqi atheists came in. "This is the case with one of the most famous atheists Iraqis Faisal Saeed Al-Matar (and old) 22-year-old, who fled to the United States, due to its conflict with the Islamists to secular identity."

The study pointed out the existence of other reasons, including that his brother and his cousin and his best friend were killed in sectarian violence in Iraq.

The historian says that the American Faisal "grew up in a family of moderate Shiite and openly received numerous death threats and even though it is not a crime to be an atheist in Iraq, but the religious militias often take matters into their own hands."

He also points out that "al-Matar now leads an international organization and speaks regularly at events, he was the founder of the global movement of secular humanism, which has nearly a quarter of a million supporters on Facebook."

He adds that "Faisal became an atheist at an early age, even though he was taught in a public school in the country," he was quoted as saying that "the philosophy of reading, open-minded, provide you curious to see the world, I have finished my studies in Iraq without losing my mind Toukdh."

Story "adapter Baghdad"

It also conveys Cole permission to say it was "one of the young activists the most active of the Iraqi capital, which use a pseudonym is Omar al-Baghdadi to maintain security and a 22-year-old works in the field of engineering was to meet him at his home in one of the major areas inhabited year in Baghdad." .

And describes the American historian al-Baghdadi as "adapter Baghdad" mission to enlighten his friends and other young people about atheism, "citing him as saying," I became an atheist at an early age after having examined the religious former Islam, deep and discovered that there are more than 1,100 of other religions and their followers all claim that tells the absolute truth of their religion, that religion is a form of faith. "

Baghdadi and clings to his position and says, "I'm not religious and atheist."

He also says he does not hide it from the closest family and friends.

Explains, "My parents are the norm and I'm an atheist so do my friends and my brother Ahmad also became an atheist after that lead him to some books and debated on many topics relating to science, philosophy, and most of my friends have become atheists now also spreading our call in Facebook."

And refers to that of "not easy appearing atheist or non-believer in the Muslim-majority Iraq or any other Muslim society as is the case in the West, despite the fact that Iraq is inherently secular society to a great extent since the country's independence from Britain in 1932."

In addition to the predominantly Muslim (Shia and Sunni) live in Iraq, other religions are Christianity and Alsabih and Yazidis and others.

He continued, Cole said, "In a poll released in April 2011 between citizens ordinary Iraqis have been granted the freedom to answer the question (Do you believe in God?) Answers were very curious ... where 67% answered yes."

However, "21% were skeptical."

He added that according to Nawaf al-Kaabi, a university student, 23, from Basra in southern Iraq, the number of atheists be much higher if the poll is now in the year 2014.

He adds, citing Kaabi that "the new generation of Iraqis are tired of political and religious extremists who are responsible for the sectarian divide, and young people are traveling now and read and watch TV, and a lot of things here that made them skeptical of religion now."

Kurdistan Region is safer for atheists

A study to Cole in 2008 he published a New York Times report titled "Violence pushes young Iraqis to question the Clergy," and interviewed 40 young people from five cities in Iraq, during some of the most violent periods of the U.S. occupation of the country.

The newspaper quoted a young Iraqis saying they were "exhausted constant exposure to violence, which comes directly from religious extremism and we are disappointed by the religious leaders and we are in no doubt of faith who claim to it."

The report indicates that "in the region of Kurdistan, the Kurdish youth often feel that they have more freedom to express their views free from sectarian violence elsewhere in Iraq and Kurdistan represents a place of tolerance with the presence of quasi-secular system."

Says Susan Iraqi Danish star student (22 years) and is originally from the Kurdish city of Kirkuk, which became an atheist after she left her parental home and settled in her own apartment, "My father had a great influence on the secular but to be a good Muslim."

She adds, "But when I left the house, I felt free to optional for myself."

She added, "I know a lot of atheists Kurds and others, mostly in Europe, and none of them had received threats to exit their religion."

In Arbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region speaks Kurdish Canadian Adam Mirani, a 26-year-old photographer working in a program assistant for a local NGO, says that he is not a problem for anyone to announce sharp in Iraqi Kurdistan.

"But people are not mentally prepared to accept the idea that others have no religion."

Mirani added that "when you look at a place like Iraq, where religious divisions deep a direct result of the extreme violence that is found in much of the country, while spreading something such as atheism, it seems that it is useless."

Qabbanji justify the trend towards atheism

Commenting on the results of a study of the U.S., says thinker Iraqi Ahmed Qabbanji an interview with "Twilight News" that "the rationality of modern monetary and proliferation of universities and means of modern communication has helped to strengthen the critical mind, as it began sifted religious heritage and questioned some things clear invalidity of novels and fairy tales."

He continues, "This is a healthy phenomenon and a sign of urbanization and rationality."

It is believed that Qabbanji "This is a sign that people entered into a new chapter of freedom that allowed the opportunity to show their faith was not previously possible to search in the fundamentals of religion and skepticism in existence."

He adds, "When people see the thousands of innocent people kill in the name of God and slaughtered like sheep and killer banner behind them constitute a shock."

"This atheism humanitarian motives," says Qabbanji.

The Qabbanji a brother, a senior cleric in the Supreme Council Sadruddin Qabbanji of the most prominent clerics, secular as well as Iyad Jamal al-Din.

And Qabbanji and Jamal al-Din Mamaman.

Qabbanji and continue his speech for "Twilight News" saying that "the modern philosophical theories led to the denial of the existence and psychological factors of the teachings of inhumanity that the movement of terrorists and fought for human rights and immoral behavior that is followed by the Salafis."

It concludes Qabbanji, he said that this comes at a time "has a lot of clergy comfortable and respectful and well-being while living in another state of economic and psychological conditions that tends to deny the rights of all matters relating to religion and existence."

Observers say that the study prepared by the of Cole represent the views of the conducted interviews and are not a measure of public opinion.

Edited by yota691