Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Congressman Bennie Thompson: Don't buy Iraqi currency

k98nights

Congressman Bennie Thompson: Don't buy Iraqi currency

Feb. 4, 2014 7:41 AM |

s-BENNIE-THOMPSON-MUSLIM-HEARINGS-large.

U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson is warning Mississippians against the purchase or exchange of Iraqi dinars:

The state’s 2nd District congressman released a statement Monday saying his office had received numerous complaints from constituents who had purchased Iraqi dinars and couldn’t use them or exchange them for other legal tender.

He directed anyone who has purchased Iraqi dinars to contact the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to file a complaint or issue a tip at 1-866-366-2382.

The dinar is not traded on any legitimate foreign exchange and is worth a fraction of a dollar.

A federal grand jury last money indicted three men from the Toledo, Ohio, area for their roles in the operation of a $23 million fraud scheme involving the sale of Iraqi dinar currency and two nonexistent hedge funds.

Investors lost about $23.8 million from dinar sales, according to the indictment.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140204/BIZ/302040003?nclick_check=1

• Upvote 2

It's not true, either.  The dinar IS traded on multiple foreign exchanges....at least a rate is set for trade against a bunch of foreign currencies.  It IS true it's cheap in value now.  But it IS currently being used as legal tender in multiple locations.  True, you gotta bring a wheelbarrow full to buy something of large value....but we're all planning on that to change!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It's not true, either.  The dinar IS traded on multiple foreign exchanges....at least a rate is set for trade against a bunch of foreign currencies.  It IS true it's cheap in value now.  But it IS currently being used as legal tender in multiple locations.  True, you gotta bring a wheelbarrow full to buy something of large value....but we're all planning on that to change!

Agreed.  Not yet tradable here in the US, but else where, yes. 

I believe he is a tad behind in the news to give warnings. :confused2:    

I honestly think this probably stems from TNT Tony. He has been telling all of his listeners to call their representatives and demand they release the dinar....tell them we know what they are doing and that they can't just keep cashing out the big wigs...LOL.

I also know he has been on a twitter rampage lately. There must be an angle there that he makes money per tweet because he keeps telling his twitter followers to tweet every hour on the hour.

Slimy Tony

I honestly think this probably stems from TNT Tony. He has been telling all of his listeners to call their representatives and demand they release the dinar....tell them we know what they are doing and that they can't just keep cashing out the big wigs...LOL.

I also know he has been on a twitter rampage lately. There must be an angle there that he makes money per tweet because he keeps telling his twitter followers to tweet every hour on the hour.

Slimy Tony

Im sure tony is a saint compared to politicians and that's NOT an easy thing to say 

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Thanks k98....This's all good and too the point, nothing Thompson said was that far off for anyone not aware of the inside facts...I'd say it keeps the demand down for the dinar and advises people to steer clear of unresearched gurus that are under investigation for faudulantly misleading their cult...

• Upvote 1

Thanks k98....This's all good and too the point, nothing Thompson said was that far off for anyone not aware of the inside facts...I'd say it keeps the demand down for the dinar and advises people to steer clear of unresearched gurus that are under investigation for faudulantly misleading their cult...

That's what I was thinking too....it could get a lot of people to stop buying dinar. There's too much of it out there as it is I think.

• Upvote 1

He's talking about Brad Hebner, and Rudy... Old news. Those guys have nothing to do with the value of the dinar or whether it can be traded on foreign exchanges or not. I would be curious about what the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission would have to say to anyone who bought dinar, and lodges a complaint, especially people who bought reserves from the major dinar dealers.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 2

This is a non-news story - it's the opinion of one person, and a misinformed one at that.

The dinar IS traded, who cares if it's a "fraction of a dollar", and filing a complaint on a legitimate transaction is horrible advice. Jerks like this is what clogs up our bureaucratic system in the first place... why should someone file a complaint? If they paid for Dinar, and received Dinar, they weren't ripped off or scammed.

SMH :facepalm:

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

This is a non-news story - it's the opinion of one person, and a misinformed one at that.

The dinar IS traded, who cares if it's a "fraction of a dollar", and filing a complaint on a legitimate transaction is horrible advice. Jerks like this is what clogs up our bureaucratic system in the first place... why should someone file a complaint? If they paid for Dinar, and received Dinar, they weren't ripped off or scammed.

SMH :facepalm:

Thanks Adam for your input on this one!

Hmm this does seems strange that he is not the only one that is saying this.  Every bank that I spoke to about the Dinar is saying the samething and I wonder why is that?  What's really going on....

Lol, This is funny because I bought the majority of mine from JPMorgan/Chase.

• Upvote 2