Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi official: We have agreed with the Kurdistan Regional Government on the export of oil, according to a unified mechanism

yota691

Awesomeness....now "Get-R-Dun" Boyz!!!! ;o)

Thanks to our "newsters" for keepin' us on the cutting edge...outstanding Y'all!!!

Awesomeness....now "Get-R-Dun" Boyz!!!! ;o)

Thanks to our "newsters" for keepin' us on the cutting edge...outstanding Y'all!!!

• Upvote 1

From what I'm reading they are going to have to have another meeting.  :shrug:  Give me a break.  Maliki will never cave.  He has refused to form a power sharing government, by refusing to implement the Erbil agreement in 2010. He's now filing with the courts against the provincial law and the 5 dollars per barrel of oil. He also made an agreement with the Kurds in December to pump oil to Turkey and now has reneged on that, so now still they have to have another meeting.  Don't get your panties in a wad, this thing is going to drag out/on like any other progress in Iraq.  Maliki, Iraq's worst enemy IMHO!  

Edited by EagleEye
  • Upvote 4

Here's Stryker's Take On This ...

1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Kurdistan's President Barzani arrived in Baghdad today to meet with Prime Minister Maliki and to resolve the outstanding issues holding up the 2014 Budget. Where it had looked like all of those...issues were resolved a few weeks back here came yet another issue. The Kurds announced they were ready to export oil through Turkey to the worlds market place. It seemed that Maliki and Barzani had it too all worked out right before the end of 2013 but Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani stepped in and stopped the deal causing yet another chaos to occur. 

1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Well it seems that Barzani's visit today worked as some breaking news has just come out of Iraq, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani is in an agreement with the Kurdistan Regional Government to export of oil, according to a unified mechanism. This unified mechanism will allow the export of oil and within a few days we should see the 2014 Budget back on track which means we could be looking a stop to all delays in Economic Reform. 

B)    B)   B)
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Captl1 is right..none of this means anything until they implement it. I'm so cynical re Maliki - I hope this isn't an election play.

you got that right Kurds better say it has to be done before elections or we won't be voting for you.

I have been thinking the Kurds have the largest amount of oil they just need to pull the threat card on Bagdad pull the Kurdish army in & tell bagdad to suck it no more Kurdish oil for Iraq they could shut down the whole country in a mater od days. Kurds either get their way or Iraq does not get Kurdish oil.

Here's Stryker's Take On This ...

1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Kurdistan's President Barzani arrived in Baghdad today to meet with Prime Minister Maliki and to resolve the outstanding issues holding up the 2014 Budget. Where it had looked like all of those...issues were resolved a few weeks back here came yet another issue. The Kurds announced they were ready to export oil through Turkey to the worlds market place. It seemed that Maliki and Barzani had it too all worked out right before the end of 2013 but Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani stepped in and stopped the deal causing yet another chaos to occur. 

1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Well it seems that Barzani's visit today worked as some breaking news has just come out of Iraq, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani is in an agreement with the Kurdistan Regional Government to export of oil, according to a unified mechanism. This unified mechanism will allow the export of oil and within a few days we should see the 2014 Budget back on track which means we could be looking a stop to all delays in Economic Reform. 

B)    B)   B)

Stryker talking out is butt again the correct term they used was coming days & with Iraq that means it is not coming anytime soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

From what I'm reading they are going to have to have another meeting.  :shrug:  Give me a break.  Maliki will never cave.  He has refused to form a power sharing government, by refusing to implement the Erbil agreement in 2010. He's now filing with the courts against the provincial law and the 5 dollars per barrel of oil. He also made an agreement with the Kurds in December to pump oil to Turkey and now has reneged on that, so now still they have to have another meeting.  Don't get your panties in a wad, this thing is going to drag out/on like any other progress in Iraq.  Maliki, Iraq's worst enemy IMHO!  

Thank You Butifldrm... Good Post and Good Input... Sums It Up.

you got that right Kurds better say it has to be done before elections or we won't be voting for you.

I have been thinking the Kurds have the largest amount of oil they just need to pull the threat card on Bagdad pull the Kurdish army in & tell bagdad to suck it no more Kurdish oil for Iraq they could shut down the whole country in a mater od days. Kurds either get their way or Iraq does not get Kurdish oil.

Stryker talking out is butt again the correct term they used was coming days & with Iraq that means it is not coming anytime soon.

Also Agreed... Maliki seems to like playing with fire.

I Just Pulled Some Lint From My Belly Button ! :blink:

:D :D :D

I sure wish I had some to pull!

:D   :D   :D

• Upvote 2

Here's Stryker's Take On This ... 1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Kurdistan's President Barzani arrived in Baghdad today to meet with Prime Minister Maliki and to resolve the outstanding issues holding up the 2014 Budget. Where it had looked like all of those...issues were resolved a few weeks back here came yet another issue. The Kurds announced they were ready to export oil through Turkey to the worlds market place. It seemed that Maliki and Barzani had it too all worked out right before the end of 2013 but Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani stepped in and stopped the deal causing yet another chaos to occur. 1-19-2014   Newshound Guru Stryker   Well it seems that Barzani's visit today worked as some breaking news has just come out of Iraq, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Hussain al-Shahristani is in an agreement with the Kurdistan Regional Government to export of oil, according to a unified mechanism. This unified mechanism will allow the export of oil and within a few days we should see the 2014 Budget back on track which means we could be looking a stop to all delays in Economic Reform.  B)    B)   B)

Thank God for Dinar Vets or streaker wouldn't know what to say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm for the most part new to DV, but just wanted to let all you know I thoroughly enjoy all your posts and perspectives on things. Thanks for all the helpful and Informative info everybody!!!

Well welcome to DV Lola from someone who joined a few years ago, but has only a handful of posts. It doesn't mean I don't come here and read every day cuz hubby and I both do! I just absolutely hate to type!! But I did want to welcome you to the forums!

So this means what? They keep saying its a done deal but the only thing that I'm done with is the fact that they keep having discussions about the same issues.The RV , RV hope they remember the R comes before the V!

. It means inconclusive

The meeting was inconclusive

They are having more meetings later in the week

Nothing was passed

It was just a meeting

They talked

I guess to try and figure out a way to get around all the disagreements in parliment

So far its inconclusive

They say the mechanism was agreed on

I've heard that before

What ever the mechanism is

It could a type of law that they will use or how to implement such a law or group of laws

There was way to many stories to pretend you know

One says its over another says inconclusive

We will be waiting thru the week for these guys to make up their minds so they can tell the other guys what to add or what to forget and try to come up with a solution

It could be to remove nationalization of oil and give more power to regional govts

Who knows

Inconclusive

Or it could mean just what it says

They agreed it has to be unified what ever it is

It must be unified

And both the Kurds and bagdad agree to that

So in other words they say they won't be splitting the country up

It will be unified

And now they just got to figure out how

Unified may mean they will keep the oil nationalized

All in one pot as usual

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Woo Hoo ! We Got A Timeline ! B)

The central government and the Kurdistan region agree to resolve the dispute over oil a week
PostDateIconMonday, December 20 2 / يناير 2014 nine forty-five |

nawt26122013-b.jpg

{Baghdad Ambassador: News}

Made the federal government a proposal to the Kurdistan region includes the expansion of the work of Iraqi Oil Marketing Company (SOMO) to include representatives from the region, in order to resolve the dispute of oil between the two parties, with the governments of Baghdad and the Kurdistan region to resolve the dispute within a week, where he is scheduled to be another meeting between parties during this period. said Ali al-Moussawi, media adviser to the Prime Minister in a press statement on Monday that "the Federal Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki stressed that there is a tendency to find agreement and a joint mechanism to be agreed upon in order to supervise the Iraqi oil and gas, especially oil production and exporting, and mass-marketed show in markets Alama, "explaining that" there are different proposals towards this subject, and that the federal government put forward a proposal includes the development of the company (SOMO) to include representatives from the region, and the development of some of the mechanisms which form in which it could potentially be a channel which oversees the export of Iraqi oil and sell it abroad " . said Moussawi that "it was agreed on the need to resolve this issue in a week, and maybe there will be another meeting this week to discuss the proposal for the federal government clearly and study and agree on a final solution," explaining that it was "not important venue of the meeting, whether in Arbil or Baghdad. "

http://assafirnews.net/index.php/2012-06-07-02-27-16/24078-2014-01-20-06-45-25.html

Osman: Baghdad and Erbil talks about exporting the region's oil is positive and will be a third meeting between the two sides [audio]
Monday, 20 December / 2 January 2014 15:04

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

Counting the Kurdistan Alliance MP Mahmoud Othman, and talks are now ongoing dialogues between the governments in Baghdad and Erbil positive noting that "the two sides are now considering the views of each on the issue of the export of oil and matters relating thereto."

The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Barzani and his accompanying delegation arrived yesterday to Baghdad and met with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced the Kurdistan Regional Government that talks between the delegation region "took place in an atmosphere of positivity, openness and the two sides addressed the main points of differences between Arbil and Baghdad, and ways to find appropriate solutions to him that in the interest of all Iraqis. said in a statement that the Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and President of the provincial government Barzani stressed during the meeting, their willingness to address all the problems through dialogue and understanding.

Osman said in a statement to all of Iraq [where] today that " the Kurdish delegation met with the government in Baghdad have been put forward views between the two sides and each side now considering the views of the other side about the differences and days later it is possible to put forward answers about the meetings. "

"The atmosphere is positive and that things are possible to advance towards a solution to the problems, noting that" Baghdad and Erbil, if agreed on the problems pertaining to the export of oil, it is possible to settle other things related to it, stressing that "there to meet with a third between the two sides."

The announcement KRG intention million barrels exported to Turkey via line has been established between them recently angered the federal government in Baghdad and promised him "contrary to the Constitution and the smuggling of oil," in addition to the threat to cut off funding for the province to cut its share of the budget for fiscal 2014.

The Oil Ministry has described the announcement Kurdistan Regional Government for the flow of crude oil to world markets via a new pipeline to the Turkish port of Ceyhan, as "a flagrant violation of the Iraqi Constitution," and threatened to sue those responsible for what it called the "smuggling". ended 2.

http://www.alliraqnews.com/2011-04-18-02-57-37/116123-2014-01-20-12-04-43.html

B)       B)       B)

• Upvote 1

Thanks Thugs.

Interesting to note that it will most likely only take the Army a few days to clear Fallujah

of terrorists. I really believe that we have been focused on the wrong issue. The time

they needed could easily have been to decide how to deal with Fallujah. When we

see that resolved, we see everything resolved.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Thugs.

Interesting to note that it will most likely only take the Army a few days to clear Fallujah

of terrorists. I really believe that we have been focused on the wrong issue. The time

they needed could easily have been to decide how to deal with Fallujah. When we

see that resolved, we see everything resolved.

Nice point.

I still like your Thursday prediction.