Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Spring Coming May 16th 2014

YES!!!! IT's MUCH WORSE THAN ANYTHING YOU'VE IMAGINED !!!!

It's called Trans-Pacific Partnership TPP

It's called the Bi-partisan FAST TRACKING of TPP 

And if would help tremendously if the folks organizing this would pull their heads out of the clouds and stop jousting with windmills...... and start focusing upon the laws and regulations that literally threaten our existence as a country.

And if we don't all come together on the upcoming laws and regulations that really matter and genuinely threaten our very existence as a Constitutionally driven Republic......

Then all the militia stuff in the world won't matter, as International corporate interests will be driving the laws governing our lives in the very near future......

Then all the militia stuff in the world won't matter, as it will no longer be

I wrote my senator regarding TPP

See below here response.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding Trade Promotion Authority (TPA). As your representative in Congress, I appreciate hearing your thoughts and concerns.

Exports of Kansas products totaled $11.66 billion in 2012 supporting one in every fifteen private sector jobs in our state. Nationwide companies involved in trade are proven to grow faster and pay more than ‘domestic only’ manufacturers. I am committed to finding new markets for Kansas agriculture, aircraft and manufactured goods.

Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), also known as fast track promotion, is a statutory mechanism that Congress uses to define the negotiating objectives and consultative procedures for trade agreements. Under TPA, bills relating to trade agreements are considered under expedited legislative procedures thereby limiting amendments and debate, and requiring an up-or-down-vote. The purpose of TPA is to preserve the role of Congress in regulating trade agreements, while bolstering the executive branches negotiating credibility abroad by assuring that a trade agreement, once signed, will not be changed during the legislative process. TPA expired in 2007 and as of current, has not been renewed by Congress.

Any trade agreement that the United States reaches with the Trans-Pacific or the Trans-Atlantic would have to be approved by Congress through passage of implementing legislation. If the TPA is renewed through legislative proceedings, the executive branch is still required to consult with Congress 90 days prior to the beginning of any negotiation. The executive branch, in order to remain credible during negotiations with foreign parties, must be able to ensure the support of Congress. This executive burden ensures Congress can weigh in on objectives like protecting foreign investment, promoting intellectual property rights, encouraging transparency and maintaining the right for the U.S. to enforce its trade remedy laws.

As a member of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Subcommittee on Trade, please be assured that I take the responsibilities of Congress very seriously. Also, know that I will continue striving to make sure the interests of Kansas are protected as we work through trade agreements that will open up new markets for our state's products.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please never hesitate to call, email, or write if you have any issues or concerns on your mind. Also feel free to visit my website at www.lynnjenkins.house.gov where you can see what I have been up to and sign up for my weekly newsletter.

Sincerely,

Lynn Jenkins, CPA

Member of Congress

Privacy Statement

Congresswoman Jenkins appreciates the opportunity to communicate with you via e-mail. Please note that her office will not provide your e-mail address to other organizations. She cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this message if it was not sent to you directly from her Congressional e-mail account.

This is an unmonitored email account. Please use our web form at http://lynnjenkins.house.gov to contact our office.

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY!  WE ARE A REPUBLIC!!!!!!  

Nelg, this is not just aimed at you, but everyone!

We are not a Republic anymore. The Republic was shanghaied after the Civil war and turned into a democracy. The Federal government took away states rights, thus we the people lost our rights also. It got worse at the turn of the century (federal reserve act), and then total control in the 1930's (social security act) when they made the people CORPORATIONS. Don't believe me? Check any government document you have, passport, DL, SS card, IRS forms or letters, business Incorporation papers, anything. Well, I don't spell my name with all CAPITAL letters, it's not on my birth certificate like that. Study corporate law, if you are a corporation, your (the) name will be in CAPS. They did this for control, usurping our power. The people are supposed to be above the government, it's not the case now. Been studying this for years and fighting with the government about it now.

I first realized this when I incorporated a business. Just as a business gets a business ID number when you incorporate, they hoodwinked the people into the same thing with the social security system. I urge people to study the sovereign man movement. Time to take the country back and get the government working for us instead of the other way around. The last year I filed taxes my effective tax rate was 43%. Looks like I work for the government, not myself. They made you a CORPORATION to control you, for you to work for them, do as they tell you, and be their puppet. God is Sovereign, He created us in His image to have dominion over the earth. So why does the government have dominion over us the people?

God told the Israelites not to put a king over them, what happened when they did? Especially a godless king, like what happened to Solomon who was the wisest and richest man in the world and he turned his back on God, did exactly what God told him not to. Trade with Egypt, marry foreign wives, take up their (foreign) gods, and worship on high hills. God destroyed the nation, and history repeats itself.

Please folks I urge you to study the corporation / man relationship and pray that God shows you what the government has done.

Wm13

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Nelg, this is not just aimed at you, but everyone!

We are not a Republic anymore.

The Republic was shanghaied after the Civil war and turned into a democracy. The Federal government took away states rights, thus we the people lost our rights also. It got worse at the turn of the century (federal reserve act), and then total control in the 1930's (social security act) when they made the people CORPORATIONS...

God is Sovereign, He created us in His image to have dominion over the earth. So why does the government have dominion over us the people?

Please folks I urge you to study the corporation / man relationship and pray that God shows you what the government has done.

Wm13

Good Post Waterman.

http://youtu.be/s_z4IEWp9_g

Operation American Spring 'The Blueprint' (It's Time)

Published on Jan 17, 2014

IT CAN BE DONE - 33 Million stood together in Egypt to oust their corrupt Government, and they succeeded not once, but twice. The Government of Egypt was returned to the people. It's time, America.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

Every revolution or upraising in this country has been because of the govt trying to overrule the people, wave justice or work toward total power for themselves......Yes American spring is coming as I should...its just ashame that man has let evil invade his mind to the point of pushing God and his people in a corner.......let it be know that God is always on the side of justice and right and those who seek to do evil will come to their end at some point.....If one lives by the sword he shall die by the sword so says the scriptures.

• Upvote 6

140114173713-62047-0.jpg

[14 / January / 2014]
(Saba) - - report - Abdullah Marrani: Egyptians began to cast their votes today on constitutional amendments in the first public vote being since the army ousted the first democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, about six months ago, and in light of security alert thick, and the District of political forces led by the Muslim Brotherhood Muslims and demonstrations condemning the coup and the new constitution. would likely vote to nominate army chief Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi for the presidency. It also represents a major step in the road map put forward by Sisi at isolating Morsi, the first Egyptian president elected in free elections last July. represents this referendum third time giving the Egyptians vote on constitutional amendments and the sixth time turning them to the polls since the ouster of former Hosni Mubarak.A doubts over the fairness of the referendum and the constitutional amendments, where she said the International Committee of Jurists in a statement issued by its headquarters in Geneva that the proposed amendments are full of flaws. Committee added "referendum campaign took place in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation and repression, raising doubts about the integrity of the whole process." It is anticipated presidential elections By the month of April to be followed by parliamentary elections. has shown Human Rights Watch is concerned at the reports that seven activists of the party, Egypt's powerful Muslim face criminal charges for hung posters calling for a vote without a constitutional amendment. Under the province forces major political polling, authorities fear registration the participation rate is weak, especially after the vote only 15% of Egyptians abroad within five days. The authorities deployed at least 160 thousand for the protection of thirty thousand polling stations, security sources said he was checking the integrity of all the offices Voting began the morning. before the start of the vote, warned the Egyptian Interior Ministry of the consequences of pretending, she will address "decisively "For whom it described the rioters and violence, in reference to the opponents of the coup. despite warning of Interior came out today demonstrations in several provinces to condemn the draft of the new constitution, which he hopes Defense Minister Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to witness the participation rate is high to act as a "popular mandate" for him to run for president. has emerged Kerdasa demonstration in Giza, near Cairo, and the participants chanted slogans calling for a boycott of the referendum on the new draft constitution. It also came a demonstration area Sidi Bishr in Alexandria, called on participants also to boycott the referendum, but the security forces rushed to disperse them. At Alexandria also organized movement "7 becomes" another demonstration against the new draft constitution, which raised signals "fourth". was out last night and the day yesterday at the invitation of the National Alliance to support the legitimate marches in Cairo and Helwan, Port Said, Alexandria and Eastern denounced a draft of the new constitution, and called for a boycott of the referendum. increased in the last term calls for boycott of the referendum on the constitution, has issued the Muslim Brotherhood issued a statement in which it called on Egyptians to boycott what they called "referendum blood and ruin." She said in a statement he was "no point in participating in the referendum, said it will be rigged, as has been canceled the results of five occasions election." Called the Shura Council elected in 2012 - which resolved after the coup in a statement - for a boycott of the referendum on the Constitution and not to participate in any action that promotes the authority of the coup or gives false legitimacy. described the council's statement document as the Constitution void constitutionally and legally because they are the result of a bloody coup void, as he put it, as they did not agree on a national or community dialogue. He said that the proposed constitution is prescribed for what he described Ptgoul institutions designated elected institutions, did not know earlier in the constitutions of the free world. pointed to the emergence of early indicators of rigging the results of the referendum, saying that the document proposed constitution destroying democracy and strengthen the dictatorship. The party was a strong Egypt announced earlier boycott the referendum, citing to the atmosphere and the evidence which he described as very bad, and the violation of what he described as the most basic rules of democracy internationally recognized. On the other hand, the Chairman of the Committee session, Amr Moussa, the masses of Egyptians to vote "yes" to the Constitution The new, stressing that the yes vote expresses the responsibility, and came during a seminar under the auspices of the Minister of Health and Population under the title "constitution for all Egyptians." For his part, said the spokesman of the election commission Hisham Mokhtar would be fined on who abstained from participating in the referendum on the constitution, and that the public prosecutor is the competent authority to indict and not the Election Commission. He added that the Commission refused to allow the voter to prove his or her identity in a personal card, so as not to open the door to manipulation and fraud. field .. Killed four anti-coup, was shot dead by Egyptian police today in Sohag, Beni Suef, south of the country on the first day of the referendum on the new draft constitution. security source said that the death toll Sohag died during a clash with security forces during a demonstration against the referendum, adding that twenty others were injured. The deaths of these three hours after the killing of anti-coup demonstrators in Beni Suef, south of Egypt as well. comes as it continues to vote in the first day of the referendum on the draft constitution of the new Egypt amid security alert, and the province of major political forces. It is scheduled to continue voting on the draft Egyptian constitution until nine in the evening to resume tomorrow morning at the second and final day of the referendum, and the Commission is expected to announce the results of the referendum on the superintendent during the 72 hours of the end of the ballot.

I didn't find the "misguided progressives" or "uneducated people" reference to be offensive.  Perhaps those who do won't be apart of this movement.  Not every colonist who benefited from the war for independence crossed the Delaware River with Washington.

Spring is coming.     

Do we all get out our guns for this one, Jon?

Shoot one for old John Wayne? The Gipper?

Will they go to your house first? 

Do we all get out our guns for this one, Jon?

Shoot one for old John Wayne? The Gipper?

Will they go to your house first? 

Keep your gun holstered, Barney.  We wouldn't want you shooting yourself in the foot.

Guest Editorial - Mothers Day, Armed Force Day, Memorial Day, and Operation American Spring – The Co

guest-editorial.jpg

Published: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 13:46 PM.

Several major important events occur in May 2014.  Mothers Day May 11, 2014, Armed Forces Day weekend May 16, 2014, Memorial Day May 26, 2014, and Operation American Spring beginning May 16, 2014 and beyond.

What do all these events have in common?  They’re all tied to the struggles America has and is facing in defending our freedom and liberty today…the very essence of extraordinary sacrifice, valor, and selfless surrender to the values, principles, and freedom given America by our Founding Fathers, under God .

Mothers of our lost, wounded, disabled warriors and civilians defending our nation are often overlooked and forgotten. A few short days after their loss, mothers fade from the support and care our government owes them.  They paid an immeasurable price, with their sacrifice, to ensure that our freedoms and the fabric of our nation remain strong. Mother’s, who have given life, send their sons and daughters off to defend our nation, with faith that our leadership will be true to their oath. Obama and Clinton spoke despicable lies to the face of mothers of our Benghazi personnel killed in Libya. Politicians, that value political safety over truth to those they serve, reflect a leadership of despicable character and have proved themselves unworthy of continued service in any responsible position.

Armed Forces Day and Memorial Day are days on which we reflect and honor all our warriors, past and present, for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make toward the security of our nation.  A day of solemn remembrance and respectful gratitude for their service and a reminder of the solemn oath many of us have taken “…to support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic…”.  This is an oath and willingness to defend our nation which never expires.  Many of our political leadership abuse these hallowed days with flowery and shallow speeches, focusing on photo ops for their political gain…another despicable political trait.

Operation American Spring, will be a massive/gigantic patriot “movement to action” from across America to Restore our Constitutional government, rule of law, freedom, liberty "of the people, by the people, for the people" from the current despotic and tyrannical federal leadership .  This movement embraces every American who loves freedom and liberty, with special recognition for parents, warriors and civilians selfless sacrifices, never to be forgotten, nor trivialized, by the present corrupt, self-serving, political leadership who regard their oath as a pro forma exercise to gain power and get their noses in the trough.

After five years of the Obama Administration's fraud, abuse, corruption, betrayal, deception, and in your face lies, “we the people” have concluded that “enough is enough”. In short, we have had it with politicians who are hell bent on destroying America! All efforts to gain the attention of the elected leadership in Washington, D.C. with our messages have failed.  Not because politicians were not informed - the truth is they are cowardly, incompetent, regard their constituents as “pests”, ignore the people they are sworn to serve, all in favor of their own self-serving personal, greedy agendas. It shall stop.

Therefore, “We the People” intend to assemble as a 10 million or more Town Hall body of patriots to visit Washington, D.C. beginning May 16, 2014, ending date undetermined, to submit demands and grievances for the removal of key criminal and despotic leadership beginning with Barack Obama through senior leadership in the United Stated States Congress. 

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 1

RTX17MVB.jpg?t=thumbnail_570

A supporter of Abdel Fattah al-Sisi gestures near an Egyptian flag in Cairo, Jan. 20, 2014. (photo by REUTERS/ Mohamed Abd El Ghan)

Egyptians vote yes, for many reasons

Egypt’s referendum on the new constitution was approved by a staggering 98.1% of the voters. US Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement: “It’s not one vote that determines a democracy, it's all the steps that follow.” He pointed to challenges and criticism outlined in the preliminary assessments of Democracy International and The Carter Center.

Summary⎙ Print Egyptians said "yes" to the new constitution for many, widely different, reasons.
Author Wael NawaraPosted January 21, 2014

Around 20 million  Egyptians voted in favor of the constitution, double the number of those casting the very same vote but for a different, more conservative constitution barely a year ago. More importantly, if this referendum is considered a legitimacy test for the post-Brotherhood era and a vote of confidence for the new military-sponsored road map, where are the 10 million voters who approved Mohammed Morsi’s constitution a year ago and supported the Muslim Brotherhood rule? Did they boycott the 2014 referendum?

For a start, the 63% who voted in favor of the Brotherhood’s constitution in 2012 were not necessarily hard-core Brotherhood supporters. As explained in this Al-Monitor article, the pro-stability bloc is quite large and tends to support a sitting government — motivated by a desire for things to move forward, hoping that a “yes” vote will improve the economy and the belief that the government is unlikely to put forward a seriously flawed document. Some analysts believe that there must be a very small overlap between the voters who participated in last year’s referendum and those who did last week. I believe otherwise. Participation in elections is a habit. Most people who participate are more likely to always do so, while those who do not cast their vote are less likely to vote in the future unless a major change takes place in the political environment. If the pro-stability bloc said “yes” to Morsi’s referendum without much enthusiasm in December 2012, as demonstrated by the relatively smaller turnout rates (overall turnout was 32% in 2012 compared to 39% last week), the same bloc was twice as enthusiastic this year. Because when it comes to stability, for most Egyptians the army scores higher than any single political party, movement or coalition.

On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of the 36% who voted against Morsi’s constitution most likely supported the new constitution to make sure the Brotherhood does not score a political victory, regardless of what they think of the new constitution itself. By gaining support from both those who backed and opposed the 2012 referendum, the new constitution was approved nearly unanimously. Thus, except for the Brotherhood’s supporters and a faction of the revolutionary bloc that decided to boycott or vote against in protest of what they see as a potential return to the police state and resurrection of the Hosni Mubarak regime and its figures, most voters supported the new constitution.

All along, it was safe to assume that the Brothers and their supporters would reject the new constitution. But they boycotted the referendum for a number of possible reasons. First, they likely wanted the “yes” vote to be too high, to not be credible. They also wanted to avoid a participation that may reveal their current diminished support without the backing of the army. The organization’s mobilization capabilities have severely been damaged with the arrests of many of its leaders and middle ranks and also with the freezing of assets of its charities and wealthy members. The Muslim Brotherhood can always tell its members that a boycott sends the message of them not recognizing the legitimacy or authority of those running the referendum, its results or the road map as a whole. Finally, they can tell the West, “We told you so. Look at this 98% and weep for the sort of democracy enjoyed under Morsi when the support for the constitution was a plausible 63%.”

No matter how one tries to explain it, it is still hard to believe that 98.1% of voters supports a single direction. One reason for this outcome are the intensive media and advertising campaigns asking people to participate and cast a “yes” vote, in the absence of any serious mobilization of a “no” vote. Virtually all “independent TV networks” in Egypt were persistent in mobilizing their audience for a “yes” vote, to the extent that some people became fed up and decided to boycott or even vote against as a result. Clearly, there weren’t too many of those.

But there was another reason why so many Egyptians voted for, rather than against, the constitution, including those who had serious reservations on some of its articles. In the referendum, many Egyptians saw a question that was not even on the ballot paper. Instead of, “Do you support the new constitution?” they perceived the question to be, “Do you support the continuity of the Egyptian state?” Egyptians sensed that their state’s own survival was at stake. They looked at the havoc attributed to Islamist movements and sectarian politics that is tearing apart countries such as Syria, Sudan, Libya, Palestine, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq and even Lebanon and made a connection with recent terrorist attacks in the Sinai Peninsula and other parts of Egypt.

Egyptians felt they must do everything possible to prevent Egypt from sliding down the same slippery path. They were determined to deny the Muslim Brotherhood any claims of legitimacy — claims that the Muslim Brotherhood could use internally to change public opinion and externally with a little help from friends such as Turkey, Qatar and others, in lobbying the international community to pressure Egypt to restore the Brotherhood’s rule, should a “no” vote have prevailed. Consciously or subconsciously, Egyptians felt that their country is facing an existential threat, and they acted accordingly. The feverish media campaigns against the Muslim Brotherhood as a part of the “war on terror” helped amplify this perception leading to an overwhelming vote of support that usually occurs in a time of war.

Behind the extremely high level of "yes" votes, deservingly stand Egyptian women who are the biggest winners of the new constitution and of limiting conservative and extremist Islamist influence on the state, its institutions, policies and legislation. It was shocking to many observers to see expressions of joy and jubilations from Egyptian women during the referendum. Some women wearing the hijab publicly danced after casting their “yes” vote. A scene that is rather unusual in Egypt. Other women took “friendly” photographs with army officers and soldiers guarding the polling stations, which they proudly posted on their social networking profiles.

Several reports and conversations on social media implied that the youth turnout was very low as a sign of protest against a return to what they saw as Mubarak-regime tactics of the heavy handling of university students by police, detention of activists — such as Alaa Abdel Fattah, Ahmed Maher and Ahmed Abou Douma — and media attacks against the January 25 Revolution. Calling it “naksa,” the same label used to describe Egypt’s defeat in the Six-Day War in 1967, has angered activists, revolutionaries and youth who claim this popular uprising as a historic achievement of their own generation. We had warned in a previous article of the dangers of a rift taking place between June 30 and January 25 supporters, especially since the June 30 protest had originally been organized by January revolutionaries starting in November 2012, immediately following Morsi’s announcement of his dictatorial decrees. There are no exit polls or reliable data to support the demographic claim of low youth turnout. “Foloul,” Mubarak-regime supporters and others suggest that this claim is elitist and limited to media-crazed activists while most Egyptian youth participated. But while youth boycotting the referendum may not be a statistical reality, the trend is surely noticeable on social media as well as in real life. The extent of the dissent may still be minor, but it is centered around activists whom can each mobilize and attract many others.

Rightly fearing the consequences of this trend, Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said that there will be no turning back or resurrection of the “old faces,” possibly as a warning to some of the old National Democratic Party guards who reappeared in the public arena thinking that perhaps there is a looming reversal of fortunes in their favor. The government met with several youth revolutionary coalitions to hear their views, possibly to prevent escalation that could start a new wave of protests during the commemoration of the January 25 Revolution later this week. After witnessing several presidents and cabinets deposed by popular uprisings in Egypt, it would be wise for governments to respect the power of the people.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

Obama and Kerry is running around the Arab nations handing out Billions of dollars in free money never to be repayed while your Congress and President Sequesters everything here. They are cutting us to the bone for their own pet peeves. This is way beyond not right and all of you know it.....They keep saying the US is broke...it is not broke they just keep giving it away and when is it going to stop. It doesn't matter about the political side you vote on any more, all 535 members of Congress is raping America while they make themselves Millionaires. Take a look at your nation, take a look at your fellow man, the nation infrastructure is going down, people have no jobs, prosperity is all but gone while the select few continue to reap wealth of the backs of the poor. Some people blame the poor for being no good and trying to get money for being lazy....well who taught our society to do that....the govt made it happen.....most people would rather be working and have self worth like they used to.......Don't make the mistake of looking down on thy brother passing judgement less you want that same judgement passed upon you at some point. You never know ones circumstances of how they got there.

• Upvote 4

Obama and Kerry is running around the Arab nations handing out Billions of dollars in free money never to be repayed while your Congress and President Sequesters everything here. They are cutting us to the bone for their own pet peeves. This is way beyond not right and all of you know it.....They keep saying the US is broke...it is not broke they just keep giving it away and when is it going to stop. It doesn't matter about the political side you vote on any more, all 535 members of Congress is raping America while they make themselves Millionaires. Take a look at your nation, take a look at your fellow man, the nation infrastructure is going down, people have no jobs, prosperity is all but gone while the select few continue to reap wealth of the backs of the poor. Some people blame the poor for being no good and trying to get money for being lazy....well who taught our society to do that....the govt made it happen.....most people would rather be working and have self worth like they used to.......Don't make the mistake of looking down on thy brother passing judgement less you want that same judgement passed upon you at some point. You never know ones circumstances of how they got there.

+1 heavy couldnt agree more.

The US is turning in to a garbage dump right before our very eye`s.

Until the american people wake up and  realize that it takes a few of them dying to wake up the rest there`s no hope.

It just really sucks to be the first to take that step   :)

Any volunteers ?

hahahaha

yeah

see what I mean 

Great Post Heavyduty... without ever picking up a gun...

we as a collective voice could stand up for ourselves and our fellow citizens.

We truly need to get over party politics... stop repeating their platforms... come together and make our own.

Suggestions:

1. Stop any foreign "Aid" to perpetuate more wars (for more oil). There used to be humanitarian aid, I dunno anymore...

2. End guberment waste... NO more lobbies, studies, pork, major lininging of corporations/banksters pockets....

3. Take care of our own people in our own backyard... better education (with better pay for our teachers), jobs, opportunities to prosper w/out getting taxed to death, safety net for the sick and elderly, protection from other countries invading our borders.

4. Absosutely No PTT... ie. we do not want to be competing with Vietamese workers, have our medicines controlled by big pharma...

5. Leave us to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... a man's/woman's right to enjoy their own land.

Just a couple of thoughts... :)

6. PS... And Yes Heavyduty address our "crumbling" infrastructure.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 4

4. Absosutely No PTT... ie. we do not want to be competing with Vietamese workers, have our medicines controlled by big pharma...

woops... I get a little hurried and I type badly. :)

4. "ABSOLUTELY" No PTT... this is bad for us on so many levels... did you know there are even "anti-competition" laws in there that would affect American business's if they threatened an International Corp's profits??? Let alone internet freedoms and a whole bunch of other ways that would screw us over... I can't even count all the ways right now.

Right from the onset, labels such as "misguided progressives" and "uneducated people" spew forth, tinged in deep arrogance from this one-sided opinion piece.  As a result, the very people it was meant to inspire......will turn a blind eye.  Hopefully one day, somebody will get it right, and draw people together......rather than gloat in their own glory.  Thanks for bringing this over anyways, jonjon.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

While I enjoyed reading the slam against progressives,(there can NEVER be too many), I have to agree with you.

Aside from the gallons of blood I would love to draw from everyone that supported o, my much greater hope is for everyone to drop this damn petty partisan bs and get it together.

While what the OP said about progressives is 100% true, it should have also noted the equally heinous God themed propaganda, rhetoric, and general bs, coming from the establishment right.

I think that is at least as divisive as anything from the left.

It's easy to say no to commies, but TPB's have been extremely efficient at keeping the villagers divided on the "red" side.

The RINO's are perhaps even more contemptuous, as every time they start babbling about God and country, they are deceiving, and taking the Lord's name in vain, by intentionally using Him as a prop to sell their bag of lies.

Took away your neg.. that was very short sighted..

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2

1521442_627062740673564_2018098881_n.jpg

All right!

this is the best news I've heard yet from the right.

You all follow those crazies to DC - bring yur guns and go after 'em

Then when the US Army takes out you out, we'll be left with far fewer crazies in America.

Go for it.

While I enjoyed reading the slam against progressives,(there can NEVER be too many), I have to agree with you.

Aside from the gallons of blood I would love to draw from everyone that supported o, my much greater hope is for everyone to drop this damn petty partisan bs and get it together.

While what the OP said about progressives is 100% true, it should have also noted the equally heinous God themed propaganda, rhetoric, and general bs, coming from the establishment right.

I think that is at least as divisive as anything from the left.

It's easy to say no to commies, but TPB's have been extremely efficient at keeping the villagers divided on the "red" side.

The RINO's are perhaps even more contemptuous, as every time they start babbling about God and country, they are deceiving, and taking the Lord's name in vain, by intentionally using Him as a prop to sell their bag of lies.

Took away your neg.. that was very short sighted..

I have to say, in all seriousness here, that I like your post here Divemaster. You have put your anger at the Left on the back burner for a brief moment to say a few truthful words about those :rulez: on the Right. 

Nicely done.

Edited by Markinsa
Language
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Great Post Heavyduty... without ever picking up a gun...

we as a collective voice could stand up for ourselves and our fellow citizens.

We truly need to get over party politics... stop repeating their platforms... come together and make our own.

Suggestions:

1. Stop any foreign "Aid" to perpetuate more wars (for more oil). There used to be humanitarian aid, I dunno anymore...

2. End guberment waste... NO more lobbies, studies, pork, major lininging of corporations/banksters pockets....

3. Take care of our own people in our own backyard... better education (with better pay for our teachers), jobs, opportunities to prosper w/out getting taxed to death, safety net for the sick and elderly, protection from other countries invading our borders.

5. Leave us to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... a man's/woman's right to enjoy their own land.

Just a couple of thoughts... :)

6. PS... And Yes Heavyduty address our "crumbling" infrastructure.

Right beside you!

Inequality May Spark Unrest, Davos Elites Worry

By David Cay Johnston @DavidCayJ    January 22, 2014

The wealthy, having siphoned off income gains since Great Recession, are now anxious about consequences
6035939_orig.jpg

Davos, Switzerland    By Michel Euler/AP

Participants at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Wednesday.

There’s trouble coming as the chasm between the richest of the rich and everyone else continues to widen. So says a report prepared by the World Economic Forum, the nonprofit foundation that hosts its annual conference of business leaders in Davos, Switzerland, popular with the world’s billionaires.

The forum’s 14th annual assessment of risks, issued just ahead of the Davos gathering, makes clear that social instability, whether measured in mere riots or in bloody revolutions, is the likely outcome of increasing inequality.

The report speaks of a lost generation of young people worldwide who are finishing school only to find a paucity of jobs, which in turn creates pressure to lower wages.

“Widening gaps between the richest and poorest citizens threaten social and political stability as well as economic development,” the report said. 

Three of the report sponsors are specialists in pricing risk, the American insurance broker and risk advisory firm Marsh & McLennan and the European insurers Swiss Re and Zurich Insurance Group.

The four-day Davos conference, which begins today, will draw six dozen or so billionaires this year as well as several hundred other people rich enough to have their own jets. Davos will also draw a far larger crowd of government officials, vendors of financial services and journalists.

That those at the apex of the global economy brought forth this report should end the debate over whether inequality poses a problem, but it won’t.

To those who deny inequality is a problem, or herald inequality as an economic good, the report can be dismissed as simply the claims of an interest group. And why trust what billionaires say any more than what a minority of economists, sociologists and writers (including me) has been pointing out for two decades?

Oxfam, the British relief charity, keyed off the Davos report with one of its own that made two powerful points:

The 85 richest humans hold more wealth than the 3.5 billion people who constitute the bottom half.

These disparities in wealth and income result from “political capture,” in which the wealthy use their economic power to make sure “the rules bend to favor the rich, often to the detriment of everyone else. The consequences include the erosion of democratic governance, the pulling apart of social cohesion, and the vanishing of equal opportunities for all.”

Here is a stark indicator of just what happens when the rules are bent to favor the rich, as I have been documenting for many years.

Adjusted for inflation, Americans reported $1.1 trillion more income in 2012 than in 2009, when the Great Recession officially ended midyear. That’s a 15 percent real increase.

Where did that increase go? America’s 16,000 top-earning households enjoyed nearly a third of it. The top 1 percent captured 95 percent of the nation’s income growth. The top 10 percent of Americans, the best-off 31 million people, enjoyed all the national income growth.

As for the vast majority of Americans, the bottom 90 percent, they were worse off in 2012 than during the Great Recession. Even though the economy improved in those years, their wallets shrank until they were 15.7 percent thinner, IRS data analyzed by economists Emmanuel Saez and Thomas Piketty showed.

Indeed, the vast majority’s average 2012 income fell back to the level of 1966. 

‘Disgruntlement can lead to the dissolution of the fabric of society, especially if young people feel they don’t have a future,’ warned Jennifer Blanke, the World Economic Forum’s chief economist.

You read that right: 1966, when China was called Red, Lyndon Johnson personally turned off lights in the White House to save taxpayers money, the Beatles released “Revolver,” and Barack Obama entered kindergarten in Honolulu.

The puzzle for the Davos set is why the declining fortunes of the vast majority have not touched off social upheaval in America and more turmoil worldwide.

“An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics,” Plutarch wrote two millennia ago. Not much more than two centuries ago the falling fortunes of most Frenchmen brought the monarchy to a sharp-edged end.

The Davos report makes exactly this point in assessing global risks, though in genteel terms:

Structural unemployment and underemployment appear second overall, as many people in both advanced and emerging economies struggle to find jobs. Youth and minorities are especially vulnerable, as youth unemployment rates hover around 50 percent, and underemployment (with low-quality jobs) remains prevalent, especially in emerging and developing markets.

Closely associated in terms of societal risk, income disparity is also among the most worrying of issues. It raises concerns about the Great Recession and the squeezing effect it had on the middle classes in developed economies, while globalization has brought about a polarization of incomes in emerging and developing economies.

The report also warned that the risks from not properly regulating banks threaten the global economy.

“Five years after the collapse of Lehman Brothers, with its system-wide impacts, the failure of a major financial mechanism or institution” is cause for deep worry “as uncertainty about the quality of many banks’ assets remains.”

Those words echo the warnings of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, in its detailed and solid report about how systematic fraud on Wall Street sank the economy in 2008. Congress tossed the commission’s thousand-page report in the round file.

Phil Angelides, the California businessman and politician who chaired the panel, says the same thing the Davos report says, but in more dramatic terms. The global financial system is not sound, which means more than a risk that the economy might collapse again.

“It is going to happen again,” Angelides told me.

These findings are not novel, even for the megabanks. What the Davos, Oxfam and other reports say was foreshadowed in a 2005 report by Ajay Kapur, a Citigroup global strategist, about who would prosper in the future and who would not.

Plutonomy is the global future, Citigroup told investors. A plutonomy exists when the wealthy own and consume so much of a society that they render everyone else irrelevant both politically and economically.

(Asserting copyright infringement, Citigroup persuaded numerous websites to remove a follow-up detailed report, many of them after it was highlighted by Michael Moore’s film “Capitalism: A Love Story,” which surely stoked popular revulsion at Kapur’s writing.)

Kapur’s perceptive observations nine years ago included this about capital versus labor:

Despite being in great shape, we think that global capitalists are going to be getting an even greater share of the wealth pie over the next few years, as capitalists benefit disproportionately from globalization and the productivity boom, at the relative expense of labor.

That is sure to cause friction. Jennifer Blanke, the World Economic Forum's chief economist, warned that "disgruntlement can lead to the dissolution of the fabric of society, especially if young people feel they don't have a future. This is something that affects everybody."

What she described is how revolutions start — when young people conclude that the risks and costs of destroying the society they were born into are preferable to letting things continue as they are.

Inequality is here, it is worsening, and if we do not pay attention and change our ways, in time they will be changed for us.

David Cay Johnston, an investigative reporter who won a Pulitzer Prize while at The New York Times, is a best-selling author who teaches the business, tax and property law of the ancient world at Syracuse University College of Law.

The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera America's editorial policy.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/1/davos-inequalityeconomicsinstability.html
Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

+1 heavy couldnt agree more.

The US is turning in to a garbage dump right before our very eye`s.

Until the american people wake up and  realize that it takes a few of them dying to wake up the rest there`s no hope.

It just really sucks to be the first to take that step   :)

Any volunteers ?

hahahaha

yeah

see what I mean 

Exactly. 

Who’s to say this isn’t a setup to gather Intel on misguided patriots and marginalized loonies.

My recommendation is to stay home and put your patriotic fire at the feet of your local Representative or Senator.

• Upvote 1