Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

$5.2 billion McDonald's CEO has $8.25 per hour mom arrested

umbertino

October 24 2013

Give McDonald's honcho Jeff Stratton the "Petulant Plutocrat Of The Week" award. He couldn't stop grinning last December when he became the top exec for the U.S. side of the McDonald's fast food empire.

But Stratton wasn't smiling earlier in October when McDonald's worker Nancy Salgado stood up from a hotel ballroom audience during one of his talks to protest Mickey D's notorious poverty wages.

Called out Salgado, "It's really hard for me to feed my two kids and struggle day to day. Do you think this is fair that I have to be making $8.25 when I have worked for McDonald's for 10 years?"

Stratton's retort: "I've been there 40 years." Security staff had Salgado arrested, and she must appear in court in Chicago on November 1. Meanwhile, the video of the encounter

and figures to bolster the ongoing campaign nationwide for a $15 fast food minimum wage.

That's one of many examples of how the gap between the rich and the rest of us isn't just a modern phenomenon; these days it's grown into a chasm. Nowhere is that more evident than in a comparison between - we kid you not - old Rome and modern Mexico.

Marcus Crassus, the wealthiest single individual in ancient Rome, had an annual income that equaled the take-home of 32,000 average Romans. Carlos Slim, the world's richest single individual today, has an annual return on his fortune that equals the average annual wage of 400,000 of his fellow Mexican nationals.

Slim isn't alone. A new report shows just 110 Russian oligarchs control half of that country's wealth. These are the cronies who made out like bandits when they grabbed, at rock-bottom prices, state-run industries after the USSR collapsed 22 years ago. Here are other nuggets from the world of the rich, in contrast to the rest of us:

• If you added up all the wealth in the world, as of this past June, and gave an equal share to every adult on the planet, what would your share be? Researchers at the Swiss banking giant Credit Suisse have an answer for you. Average global wealth per adult now equals over $51,000, they report, up 4.9 percent over 2012. In the real world, of course, the vast majority of the world's people hold next to no wealth at all. Over two-thirds of the world's adults, 68.7 percent, have less than $10,000 to their names.

Together these 3.2 billion people own just three percent of the world's wealth. Those global adults sitting on over $1 million each in personal net worth, on the other hand, make up just 0.7 percent of the world's adult population. They hold 41 percent of the world's wealth. Sounds like Russia; also the U.S.

• Early on in the federal government shutdown - a move he helped engineer - right-wing Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, announced he would give up to charity his entire House paycheck for the duration of the unpleasantness.

McCaul might have some trouble noticing that any of his income has gone missing. He and his colleague, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., each have more than twice as much personal wealth as any other lawmaker. The Center for Responsive Politics puts McCaul's fortune at $501 million, Issa's at $480 million. Members of Congress get $5,400 every two weeks in salary. If McCaul nets a three percent return on his investments this year, he'll take in over $7,200 every working hour.

• Corporate execs are scrambling for new reasons to stall the three-year-old Dodd-Frank Act mandate that requires companies annually disclose the ratio between their CEO and median worker pay. The median is the point where half the workers earn more and the other half earn less. Corporate flacks had first argued that having to tally up all their worker pay stubs and compute a median would impose much too heavy a burden upon them.

But the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission last month proposed regulations to let corporations use statistical sampling to compute their medians. Now a new poll of 375 corporate power suits shows execs are kvetching that, determining the best sampling approach "will be no easy task." The SEC will accept public comment on the new proposed ratio disclosure rules through December 2.

• What every billionaire now seems to not-so-secretly desire: A little place in Italy's Tuscany. Over the past eight months alone, four Tuscan vineyards have sold for between $34 million and $48 million. The deep-pocket set, explains the Financial Times, has come to appreciate "the Italian lifestyle, not to mention the government's more lenient approach to individual wealth."

Sam Pizzigati, a veteran labor journalist, edits Too Much, an online journal of wealth and inequality sponsored by the Institute for Policy Studies.

Photo: Salgado's protest over unlivable wages helped fuel the "Fight for 15" campaign (pictured), which demands a $15 fast food minimum wage. AP

http://www.peoplesworld.org/5-2-billion-ceo-has-8-25-per-hour-mom-arrested/

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think that CEO'S are WAY over paid, and the lady should't have been arrested, but SERIOUSLY, she's bitchin about making $8.52 an hour AFTER TEN YEARS? Either she has no ambition, or is plain stupid. What comes to mind is the phrase "the world needs ditch diggers too"...The blame is on her, not the conpany. She could have take a few classes to educate herself in order to move up in the corporate structure, or moved on to another job completely. And $15 an hour for fast food? GIMME A BREAK. A big Mac would cost $9!! When I was a kid fast food was a stepping stone to other career aspirations, I don't know one person I grew up with who is still working fast food. That said, I also believe that if you are going to make FF your career, then buddy you'd better hustle your butt and learn to become managemnet material and go after the big bucks. I am really sick of this "victim" "it's everyone else's fault" mentalilty...I know jobs are hard to come by and pay less these days, but this lady made her bed..she has to lie in it...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I worked at McDonald's when I was in High School, it was hard work for little pay for sure but, it gave me enough money to buy my first car (I rode my 10 speed back and forth to work there), and then I used the car to get a better job. I have no bad feelings towards the company. They paid me what they said they would and, in addition, they taught me valuable life lessons such as....if you are not happy in your present situation, you have to find a way to better yourself. No one will do it for you!

• Upvote 2

Mcdonalds

Its not brain surgery .

It dont pay well.

Never did. 

When you are employee of the month.

Then we`ll talk 

Awww come on guys she has a very valid point.How would you like to be a cook there

I was in 1972 I got paid $1.10 hr.but a hamburger cost .10 cents

now then that same little hambuger $1.45 and believe me its shrunk from back then

I could sling out 300 hamburgers a hour full grill.Ok Back then there was'nt that many choices

of what type of burger that you wanted.Not even a chicken sandwich back then,just those

parts is parts chicken nuggets remember that commercial old folks.One fish sandwich

quarter pounder,big mac,and the little burger cheese was 2 cents then so that was the price

differance on the sandwich not much to do.Also no sandwich sat in the rack bin back then 7 minutes

and it went in the trash.Today a patty sits in a heated plastic bin until sold.Now look how many

choices their are with something new each week just try to remember all those items when that

grill tickets pops out thats special it means someone wants a sandwich with extra or something

taken off the way its made.The highest turn over job there was the cook.Believe me I would like

to see any of you do the cooks job you will be running and sweating your arse off. 

Not to mention the shoes your are going to go through they lasted a month because of

all the greese at your expense and socks.Socks and shoes back then were way better made

then todays cheaply made high dollar junkers.nike (etc) I could not wash the smell of hamburger

out of my skin and your face looked like a pepperoni pizza with extra sauce from the grease

off the pattys clearasil cost alot back then like $4.50 a tube.Thats all they had back then for pimples

And then theres the second hardest job the cashier you think you could run the front all by

yourself today I'll be laughing my arse off at you for sure for $8.00 a hour ROTFLMAO

get ready to run even faster not to mention all those special orders and having to remember

which customer is which.Lots of things for the front to prep.And then we come to the

Easiest job at McDonalds management everything is done paperwork wise by the register

itself with quickbooks so nothing for him to write down.Nothing for him to order either

when a item gets sold the register orders what is getting low.All he does is smile and take care

of the RICH whiners because they didnt get something or didnt like what they got Thats it

and he gets paid big bucks.Next time you go to McDonalds look at the managers clothes

look how clean they are then look in the back at the cooks clothes and the cashiers clothes

They also have to pay to get them cleaned.Now how many items are sold in 1 hour today

and how much cash they rake in in one hour?if you think this job is easy go in at lunch

which most of you do and watch them run.They dont get paid near enough for what they do

And Dog I'm Talking to you I was employee of the year! They asked for volunteers one day

to play the McDonalds characters no pay.So I volunteered I was Grimace the big purple blob

It turned out we went to a driscoll childrens hospital where I greeted very sick children

and I did a very good job of reaching out.and the surprise was for doing this volunteer work

McDonalds made all of us employees of the year and gave us a voucher back then for free

food for me and our families for a year.They had some good perks back then Toady there are

no perks youd get nothing.they deserve that $15.00 Oh did I forget to mention no healthcare

at Mickey D's unless you pay out of your check for it.Boy that $8.00 goes far today dont it?

I want to see some of you prep 600 to 800 buns in one hour try it.I would wrather be a roofer

which I was for that same 8.00 a hr it would be easier than McDonalds.

God Bless Ya Dog and Everyone think next time before ya hammer.

Whats taken so long with my food sit yer arse down and watch them you'll know why.

Guess what McDonalds rakes in each year almost a billion a year.

I have'nt eaten there for more than 10 years because the quality and quanity

are not even close to how it was and it cost 10 times as much its garbage!

Have a Great Day!

PG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Umbertino, these outrageous salaries and package compensations that these CEO's and other executives are receiving is an outrage! I'm a consultant in the OIl & Gas industry and I consider myself well paid, but in comparison to these people its a joke! I dont envy anyone over anything, but these executives and board members greed is beyond belief. Their greed along with our governments corruption is going to eventually cause a rebellion in my opinion. Hell, we see the anger this has been causing for years now. These people think that they are elitist and everyone else is a peasant!

Since Obama took office, the gap between rich & poor has exploded. The numbers dont lie. But Obama is not the only one to blame. This has been going on for years and has been accellerating lately. I think that is why we are seeing this outrage here in the US and many other parts of the world. Sad

• Upvote 3

Working at Micky D's in production for 10 + years = NO AMBITION and or Brains . . Period !!!

I visit McDonald's once a week and I have a BLAST messin with the incompetent  cashiers that cant do simple math addition and subtraction but mind you they got all the TATS AND PIERCINGS for which to identify with,that's all that really matters to them as we now know that  2+2=5 in America

It's priceless to see the deer in the headlights look from these cashiers when I hand em a 5 dollar bill and some change for my order of 4.34 and they just FREAK. Well there's your future America folks . . . Good luck with that. How can they possibly move on when can't even add and subtract . . . Fast Foodies for Life . . .lol.

I worked there too and after about 3 months decided to get smart and get out !!!!  You do have choices.

God Help us

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What an idiot.  I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone who works at McD's for ten years and can't find a way to learn more skills to be worth more money.  You wasted your life, deal with it.

You kinda overlooked the point,It doesnt matter where they worked you could of worked say your job

but look at how much this mega company makes and doesnt pass some of the profits down

to the folks that got them there.All she did was ask for what she should of been paid in the first place

for many years of good service.I guess you would wrather train someone each month over and over

again than to pay the loyal employee for good service

Also twolincs if you look at the employee when you hand them your money you will see the register

screen maybe and it tells you what your change is.I would love to see you run this register today

for being a employee say thats been there 3 days its a high turn over business because

they dont give a dam about its employee's.What kind of employee would you end up with

when a company does'nt care a human being for one but probably someone who cares like you do.

with respect twolincs with respect.

What some of these folks dont understand is the cooks look at folks when they order to beat the machine

if they see someone laughing at them I for one kept a grease ball that I would get from under the

deep fryer thats been there for years and roll a small piece of it up and smash it into the meat

once digested you would have a very explosive afternoon on the pot

Thanks Again for choosing McDonalds you Idiot Have a Nice Day! 

did it taste good twolincs?

A job is a job no matter the skill level but treat me like a human being for doing it

and pay me the correct wage for doing it.especially when the company you work for

makes billions notice the sign out front

(billions sold)

PS dont ever make fun of someone who is making your food.

one drop of visine in your drink that the cashier gets is all it takes

to have a explosive day at the office.

Buwaaaaahaaahaahhaahaha. :woot: woot!

I love Ya Maggie plus+1

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

During my lifetime I've had numerous jobs beginning in high school. If I didn't like the company,workplace, or the compensation ..........................I gave my notice and moved on. Funny how that works

You kinda overlooked the point,It doesnt matter where they worked you could of worked say your job

but look at how much this mega company makes and doesnt pass some of the profits down

to the folks that got them there.All she did was ask for what she should of been paid in the first place

for many years of good service.I guess you would wrather train someone each month over and over

again than to pay the loyal employee for good service

Also twolincs if you look at the employee when you hand them your money you will see the register

screen maybe and it tells you what your change is.I would love to see you run this register today

for being a employee say thats been there 3 days its a high turn over business because

they dont give a dam about its employee's.What kind of employee would you end up with

when a company does'nt care a human being for one but probably someone who cares like you do.

with respect twolincs with respect.

What some of these folks dont understand is the cooks look at folks when they order to beat the machine

if they see someone laughing at them I for one kept a grease ball that I would get from under the

deep fryer thats been there for years and roll a small piece of it up and smash it into the meat

once digested you would have a very explosive afternoon on the pot

Thanks Again for choosing McDonalds you Idiot Have a Nice Day! 

did it taste good twolincs?

A job is a job no matter the skill level but treat me like a human being for doing it

and pay me the correct wage for doing it.especially when the company you work for

makes billions notice the sign out front

(billions sold)

PS dont ever make fun of someone who is making your food.

one drop of visine in your drink that the cashier gets is all it takes

to have a explosive day at the office.

Buwaaaaahaaahaahhaahaha. :woot: woot!

I love Ya Maggie plus+1

Not the companies responsibility to pass down the profits. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

During my lifetime I've had numerous jobs beginning in high school. If I didn't like the company,workplace, or the compensation ..........................I gave my notice and moved on. Funny how that works

Caz I admire your unwavering loyalty to the large corporations...

but trust me... they don't need your help.  :)

Love You Too Gullywumper :)

• Upvote 1

Caz I admire your unwavering loyalty to the large corporations...

but trust me... they don't need your help.  :)

Thank you!

I've controlled my own destiny since I was a teenager. It ain't been easy but I am where I am because of ME!! Not because of the government, anyone, or any company. I tell people all the time, don't worry what others have (property, things, or money), worry how you are going to get what you want/need out of life and form a plan to achieve. Big business are easy targets, and greed is a cop out. IMO everyone is greedy(example:this investment). I hear "when is enough.....enough" well that's a personal choice and should be respected. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well then I guess your gonna have to be your own boss and workforce

what your saying is if I worked for your company I am never going to get a raise?

My company works way differant than yours when I make a profit on the quarter

I make sure my employees get their medical paid for them, I give out raises,

and the ones that do the most get commision checks to boot.

I could'nt chase my employees away with a club!

May I buy you a bullwhip and some shackles for your company same as McDonalds?

making that kind of scratch and wont even pay there medical insurance or their

retirements?Not even a raise. wow I mean WOW and who is the greedy one here?

hmmmmm.cop out for sure

sounds like your only a taker and not a giver.

make your business out of a cardboard box so its easy to fold.

Good Luck to You

and God Bless!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank you!

I've controlled my own destiny since I was a teenager. It ain't been easy but I am where I am because of ME!! Not because of the government, anyone, or any company. I tell people all the time, don't worry what others have (property, things, or money), worry how you are going to get what you want/need out of life and form a plan to achieve. Big business are easy targets, and greed is a cop out. IMO everyone is greedy(example:this investment). I hear "when is enough.....enough" well that's a personal choice and should be respected. :)

Same here Caz :)

Lets face it though not everyone is as fortunate as we have been... that is where we disagree...

You say shame on the oppressed people being taken advantage of...

I say shame on the preditors that are preying on them and taking advantage of folks without the means or abilities that we have.

JMHO :)

• Upvote 4

Maggie nailed it... Acquire more debt for another shotty job!!!! Corp is out of control...my bfs daughter had to return her two polo shirts back to mcds before she could get her final paycheck...I said "for why?" She paid for them. I went with her cuz I was irritated that she pd for shirts that she has to give back before getting paid!!!! The manager I spoke with said its policy and she signed........ Dude it's getting Gestapo like in the corporate world....

• Upvote 2

Same here Caz :)

Lets face it though not everyone is as fortunate as we have been... that is where we disagree...

You say shame on the oppressed people being taken advantage of...

I say shame on the preditors that are preying on them and taking advantage of folks without the means or abilities that we have.

JMHO :)

You say "fortunate" I say "hard work". And I don't say shame on the "oppressed"  for I don't believe they are or taken advantage of. I  do say "shame" on those that refuse to better themselves and depend on others to do so. Life is what you make of it, not what others make it for you. This dependency society WE'VE created is a monster that must be slayed. Life ain't always pretty and success is not guaranteed. :)   

what your saying is if I worked for your company I am never going to get a raise?

hmmmmm.cop out for sure

Good Luck to You

and God Bless!

No I never said anything like what you stated. If you are going quote me please do so correctly- thanks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Maggie nailed it... Acquire more debt for another shotty job!!!! Corp is out of control...my bfs daughter had to return her two polo shirts back to mcds before she could get her final paycheck...I said "for why?" She paid for them. I went with her cuz I was irritated that she pd for shirts that she has to give back before getting paid!!!! The manager I spoke with said its policy and she signed........ Dude it's getting Gestapo like in the corporate world....

Thank You Peace :) Great To See You!

How much do you want to bet they made the next employee purchase her shirts???

Caz we are going to have to agree to disagree Pal :)

hmmmmm.cop out for sure

Good Luck to You

and God Bless!

I own multiple companies(with my partners) and have many employees that have been with me for over 15 years. I bet if you asked any one of them they would tell you.............it's themselves that make their circumstance all I do is offer the opportunity.  

Thank You Peace :) Great To See You!

How much do you want to bet they made the next employee purchase her shirts???

Caz we are going to have to agree to disagree Pal :)

no problem Maggie

Maggie I thought the same thing... They were nice shirts :)

Caz doesn't sound like your up there with the CEO of Micky d's... This dude is playing a diff game than you. I mean he had her arrested for what?! Voicing her opinion. I bet you don't have that kind of authority and permission...ya know...

I don't think the issue is mom and pop shops.

• Upvote 1

If you feed the wild animals they will lose the ability to forge for themselves.  Completely cutting them off will cause some to perish but some will survive and rekindle the skills required to flourish.  The people are no different.  The entitlement rooted into our society has crippled the average Americans ability to be "Self Supporting".  In the near future civilized communities around the world will be viewing film footage of our children with flies crawling in and out of their nostrils In a cry for money because we want our people to be nothing more than human sloths.  

Feed Us Or We Will Terrorize You

If you don't think it is happening look at this reaction to being cut off from "something for nothing".

walmart-ebt_t580.jpg?6b5a8256ea9d40d51e7

walmart-ebt-glitch1.jpg

article-2458815-18BC679200000578-901_634

walmart_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 2

Caz do you ever look out your car window and look at people on the street?

I do and say... "there but for the Grace Of God go I".

Hmmm still dont get it.

You obviously did well maggie. But was it handed to you or did you work hard for it. 

How much do you think a mcdonalds person should be making ?

I think at entry level $8 per is not bad considering what the job entails .

Yes I know gully they do work hard for it. 

But is hard work such a bad thing. 

it makes one strive to be better so they dont have to work as hard.

A person either applies himself or he chooses to remain at the level they are at.

another thing that crosses my mind is you make a $8 a $15 job. What happens to all the people making $15 per.

They also will want a $8 raise. Why would they want to earn as much as a hamburger handler . No they would demand more.

Just thinking out loud 

• Upvote 2