Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama now closing the ocean !

barack_obama.jpg

This is getting out of control. Fishing Charter boat captains are out of work...

PD41

Just before the weekend, the National Park Serviceinformed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown. 

The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban... of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business. 

This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government's ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it. 

At least that Memorial is an actual structure, with some kind of perimeter that can be fenced off. Florida Bay is the ocean. How, pray tell, do you "close" 1,100 square miles of ocean? Why would one even need to do so?

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.” 

Centuries ago, King Canute famously failed to command the ocean tide to stop. His display was actually a means to educate his subjects on the limits of royal power. Today, however, our President actually believes he has the power to control the oceans. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/Feds-Try-to-Close-the-OCEAN-Because-of-Shutdown

Edited by PD41
  • Upvote 3

again.. government elected officials are still collecting their salaries of 100s of thousands of $$ but we continue to lose our right to publicly funded land. This is the proof people need to see and hopefully understand we are no longer a free people, we are a indentured society. Allowed to believe we are free as long as our government is well funded with our taxes.

It's time to remember our constitution was written to limit government and protect the people. It's time we start to cut back on government, limit its reach and remove its strangle hold on our wallet.

• Upvote 4

sickening and well we all know what he will try to ultimately shut down next and thats truth media on the net that will disappear if Obama gets his way.  The internet you know now will be restricted to the point where we cannot get any news only lame stream media and propaganda.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

If this is true he has hurt a major industry .

Right now in the fall is a high point for florida fisherman.

The fish are hungry in preparation for the winter

and the charters are at their busiest this time of year.

That ones below the belt Barry

sickening and well we all know what he will try to ultimately shut down next and thats truth media on the net that will disappear if Obama gets his way.  The internet you know now will be restricted to the point where we cannot get any news only lame stream media and propaganda.

Thats exactly right easy

We will hear only what they want us to hear.

Just like back in the 50`s when we would broadcast out on radio free europe.

We will have to depend on other countries to hear the truth as to whats going on.

Perhaps they will call it radio free america .

Can you imagine having to listen to al jazeera to get the real news 

My how times are a changing 

He makes me ill!

I have to agree with you Patty,

MSN-Emoticon-sick-146.gif                                                                                                                                                                      

• Upvote 1

It seems to me this might be a swell time for the governor to declare a state of emergency (or whatever), assert State's rights with the state government granting permission to fish those waters. The money and gas they would spend patrolling to keep it closed.... great do mou with people patroling and have them do oversight to keep it safe.

Its gonna be real hard to say yes Americans we paid for gas and people to patrol those areas and  keep people away from their livelihood, because  we could not afford to pay for gas and people to patrol those same areas. :wacko:

It appears to be true.... This is from KeysNet.com

The federal government shutdown that began Tuesday because of a standoff between the Obama administration and Republicans over the budget and the president's signature health-care program is hitting Upper Keys backcountry guides in the wallet.

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week that they cannot take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work. That means that more than 1,100 square miles of prime fishing is off limits between the southern tip of the mainland to the Keys until further notice.

The closure affects not only fishing guides, but anyone with a license to conduct business in the park, including tour operators and paddling guides -- anyone with a Commercial Use Authorization permit, said Dan Kimball, superintendent of Everglades and Dry Tortugas national parks.

Biscayne National Park is also off limits. Enforcement rangers will be on duty, Kimball said.

Capt. Mike Makowski, owner of Blackfoot Charters in Key Largo, estimates this eliminates about 60 to 70 percent of his hunting grounds.

"This is going to put a lot of guys together in a small area close to the park," Makowski said. "It's going to be even worse on the weekend when we're going to have to compete with the recreational anglers."

The backcountry bay not only offers hundreds of species of fish for anglers to go after, it also provides boaters many small islands that block the wind and make for a smoother day on the water.

Capt. Perry Scuderi, of Captain Perry Charters, said the shutdown coincides with windy conditions on the oceanside of the Keys, leaving guides with few spots where they can fish comfortably with their clients.

"This time of year, with the wind, it's a big difference because you can't go out front," Scuderi said.

The last time Congress shut down the government was for six days in November 1995 and 21 days in between December 1995 and January 1996. The uncertainty over when congressional lawmakers and President Obama might come to some sort of agreement that would reopen government services is concerning to those who do business in the national parks.

"The real bad part is that we don't know how long this is going to last," Makowski said. Still, other guides wonder why the government shutdown should impact their trade at all.

Capt. Barry Hoffman, of Hoffman's Guide Service in Tavernier, said he doesn't rely on National Park Service personnel and rangers when he fishes the bay, so he doesn't see why he can't go there.

"It seems pretty senseless to me because they don't provide a service for us when we're out there," said Hoffman, who has been fishing the backcountry for more than 23 years.

Another segment of the Keys tourism economy being impacted by the shutdown is fishing tournaments.

Gary Ellis, founder of the internationally popular Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series, said this weekend's Redbone At-Large Tournament out of North Key Largo's Ocean Reef will be severely limited if participants can't fish in Biscayne Bay in Biscayne National Park.

"That's the guides' bread and butter," Ellis said. "Like so many government decisions, it impacts others out there trying to make a living, and yet Congress is still getting paid."

Anglers in this weekend's tournament will be hunting snook, redfish, tarpon, trout, bonefish and permit. If they have to go south to fish in the ocean, the number of species will be cut in half, Ellis said.

Ellis started the Redbone series in 1988 to raise money for cystic fibrosis research. Since then, the program has attracted scores of celebrities, including professional athletes and politicians, and has raised more than $18 million in research dollars for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

This weekend's tournament and the Baybone tournament scheduled for Oct. 11 and 12 will be negatively affected by not being able to fish in the Florida and Biscayne bays. But the Redbone Celebrity Tournament set for Nov. 1 and 3 attracts far more boats and will be a wash if the shutdown continues.

"If by November this is still going on, it will destroy the tournament," said Ellis. "Let's see if they could grow up in a few days."

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 5

You know when this topic was first posted I blew it off as another wild internet story.

Fear mongering journalism I call it.

But its all over the main media now and my jaw is just dropping.

He`s also closing roads throughout the rocky nat`l parks making citizens take more hazardous routes. 

We have a rogue president at the helm of this country .

No if`s ands or buts.

After this I have little doubt in my mind that he is truly considering Labeling the tea party states as insurrectionist.

Will it be like in the day of Paul Revere ?

When we eventually hear the call.

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING  

• Upvote 4

Obama's Golf Course Has Been Spared from the Shutdown
by Elizabeth Sheld 6 Oct 2013, 8:58 AM PDT 10 post a comment
One of Obama's preferred golf courses, the course on Andrews Airforce Base remains open during the government shutdown.  The grocery stores on the base, where troops get discounted groceries for their families are, however, closed.  They will shop "at local stores that cost about 30 percent more, Lieutenant General Raymond Mason, the service’s deputy chief of staff for logistics, said yesterday at a House hearing."

The Andrews Air Force Base golf course is funded through user fees and that’s why it remains open, said Air Force Captain Lindy Singleton, chief of public affairs for the 11th Wing at Andrews.

Obama hit the links last weekend for a round, on the eve of the possible shutdown. Last week the President played his 35th round of golf this year.

However

Feds evict elderly couple from their home, cite shutdown
By JOEL GEHRKE | OCTOBER 6, 2013 AT 10:40 AM

w200-848fd112f5407112fed1929370f03afe.jp

National Park Service officials cited the government shutdown as the reason for ordering an elderly Nevada couple out of their home, which sits on federal land.

"Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen," an NPS spokesman explained to KTNV.

Ralph and Joyce Spencer, aged 80 and 77, respectively, own their home, but the government owns the land on which it sits.

"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Joyce Spencer told the local news outlet. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."

Similarly, the NPS forced privately-operated inns on the Blue Ridge Parkway to close during the shut down.

“We've been told to make life as difficult for people as we can," an unnamed park ranger told the Washington Times. "It's disgusting.”

That ranger wasn't referring to the Spencers or the Blue Ridge Parkway, though, but rather the NPS's attempt to close Mt. Vernon — which the federal government does not own.

Mt. Vernon media director Melissa Wood told the Blaze that there had been "a misunderstanding over the ownership of the spaces.”

Sooooo, our illustrious President can continue to play golf because the course is funded by user fees, but this elderly couple is evicted from the home "THEY OWN" because it is on leased federal property.  Does anyone need more proof of this outrageous administrations attempts to destroy our country?

BTW, for those of you who do not keep up with the situation - This is the 18th Government Shutdown in the last 30+ years and none of the others resulted in closure of our National Parks and Museums.

This is a total disgrace! :angry:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 2

After all the documented offenses this administration has committed, there will always be the Obamazombies that'll shallow the bate of blame. All Obummer has to do is do what he has always done, put the blame on someone else. This administration has learned their lesson well from history...history is repeatin' it's self. The three branches of governmnet were and are set up for a balance and check. All that's goin' on now is how the government is suppose to work. Obummer gettin' in front of a camera and pointin' the finger at someone else should not change the fact. The fact that most people know more about whose playin' who on Sunday than the responsibility of the three branches of government only proves that the ergonomics of this nation has evolved to a apathy minded toward government...we're a nation of sheep ready to be sheered. All in all if ya watch the MSM nation wide they're indicating that it's not Obummers fault it's the repucks fault...

• Upvote 1

Regarding the shutdown and the BS that has been allowed by the government and directed by the White House, I have been highly outspoken.  I have written my legislators, called my legislators, found Harry Reid's facebook (both of them) and have send comments to him via facebook and have directly come out and asked if he even gives a rat's a$$ about the American people.  I told him that he seems to be quite willing to investigate when any republican picks his nose yet when it comes to his president that he is deaf, dumb and blind.  I asked him why he is not doing anything about the elderly couple who has kicked out of their own home simply because it was on federal land or about the reports that the NPS was told to make it a hard on the American people as possible.  I have been greatly outspoken.  I am just going on record that by now I really am wondering when I might get the proverbial knock on my door by one of their thug agency people.  GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH! 

• Upvote 6

barack_obama.jpg

This is getting out of control. Fishing Charter boat captains are out of work...

PD41

Just before the weekend, the National Park Serviceinformed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown. 

The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban... of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business. 

This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government's ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it. 

At least that Memorial is an actual structure, with some kind of perimeter that can be fenced off. Florida Bay is the ocean. How, pray tell, do you "close" 1,100 square miles of ocean? Why would one even need to do so?

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.” 

Centuries ago, King Canute famously failed to command the ocean tide to stop. His display was actually a means to educate his subjects on the limits of royal power. Today, however, our President actually believes he has the power to control the oceans. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/Feds-Try-to-Close-the-OCEAN-Because-of-Shutdown

Parting the waters soon! Stand by for updates!

• Upvote 1

Like I was saying, why don't the Governors take charge of their states and assert state rights in dealing with the property and people of their state? Looks like at least one Governor has the stones. Hopefully, we'll find more examples.
I live on the largest National Marine Sanctuary in the US... I'm seeing sail boats, commercial fishing boats,  and even the Coast Guard sailing all over the place right out my window as I type this. Looked through the scope to confirm and yup there are fishing poles and equipment fishing.... Looks like some states are basically saying.... okay... whatever... we're gonna run our state the way we need to run it in order to remain viable.....

Gov. Walker Ignores Washington Order to Close Parks

Friday, 04 Oct 2013 03:57 PM

By Dan Weil

Wisconsin GOP Gov. Scott Walker has decided not follow Washington's order to close several state parks that receive federal funding during the shutdown.

State officials say Wisconsin provides more than half of the parks' funding, so they can be kept open with state money, The Hill reports.

The federal government allotted Wisconsin $701,000 for its state parks in fiscal 2013, which ended Sept. 30.
The state also has opted to disobey a Fish and Wildlife Service order to forbid hunting and fishing on federal lands. State officials said hunting can continue in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, according to The Hill.

Walker instructed his cabinet to "streamline things and make sure services are available," Wisconsin's Natural Resources Secretary Cathy Stepp told The Hill.

"It was his direction that let me pursue this further to find out what rights do we have from the state’s perspective regarding contract language and long-standing agreements, and is there something that we’re legally grounded to do," Stepp said.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

• Upvote 3