Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SURVEY: Should America Strike Syria?

Wayfarer

Should America Strike Syria?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should America Strike Syria?

• Yes
    • No
    • Riding the Fence

We should hammer Syria and be done with it.  No need for those who sit on the sidelines and holler about nothing.  Now i guess if the GOP controlled House does not get on board then it is an easy out for the President.  So when more people die due to the chemical wpn issue the blame will be on the GOP.  Instead of surgical strikes, crater the runways, hit command and control points and Military related positions.  I am sure Drones are flying over Syria as we speak.  If the congress says no, then the president has an out.  Now if you listen to these non military commentators who only complain about the President will continue to do so and offer only how bad he has run the country into the ground.  No solution only compliants.  IMO blast them and be done with it.  If they attack Israel with chemical wpns then they are asking for a Nuclear Strike.  None of the Arab states are that stupid this is my opinon and my information does not come from the off color sites or main stream media. 

Naaaa That boat dont float TP 

Its time the american people lay the blame where it really belongs.

I think we are waking up

the Blame for people dying is the people that killed them.

We are going to war cause they gassed 400 children? 

what about the 2000 they shot, blew up, burnt up and god knows what else.

I mean dead is dead right or is there something I am not seeing in regards to being burnt alive opposed to gassing? 

This Govt dont give a rats a$$ about those kids lives TP 

What about the millions in southern africa dying of aids , warlords you name it.

There no money to be made there so our GOVT don give a crap.

To hell with syria

Let the rest of the world take care of it syria if they are so inclined.

We lose a 100 kids or more in a month on the streets of chicago.

How about we clean up that mess before we start bombing syria.

• Upvote 8

And saving our butts in the Revolutionary War - their navy made sure the British didn't control our coasts and free trade

and they fought the British for us

BUT, THE FRENCH COWARDS WERE M.I.A. DURING THE D-DAY INVASION!!!

True. And the righties here know it.

But that aside, Obama sees a chance to make Syria another DC client state in the US economic empire - and he's going to take it.

It seems to be OK to bomb the rebels, kill women and children with cluster bombs, bullets and mortars.....

but not chemical weapons. No killing them THAT way! Kill them the OTHER WAYS.

What BS.

No we should not go in.

Anyway, we've already been in, funneling arms to the rebels, prob CIA in there too...

Yeah...gotta get rid of obummmer, 'cause he is going in there for oil...

Bush and Cheney would never have done that...

If we could just leave the partisanship and conspiracy theories aside and look at this situation objectively, I think it's clear that we have no national security concern in Syria.  If you believe in using the military for humanitarian purposes and there's sufficient evidence of the use of WMD on civilians then you probably support intervention.  In my opinion the military should not be used for humanitarian purposes but for situations where there is clearly a national security concern.  So I would vote no.

• Upvote 4

I think we are waking up

I mean dead is dead right or is there something I am not seeing in regards to being burnt alive opposed to gassing? 

What about the millions in southern africa dying of aids , warlords you name it.

To hell with syria

The decision has already been made, the boats (not to offended my naval brethern) are floating near Syria.  We intervened in Bosnia, Kosovo attempted genocide, and even bomb Sadaam when he gassed the Kurds. Some folks comment get rid of obama if it was bush/cheney time or wannabes we would be in Syria already then what would commentators say.  They created a false flag?  This is politics Dog and the examples you gave are true.  If GOP says no then cool, he orders a strike anyway.  I do appreciate your imput.  Thank you for contributing.

Edited by TPSprayduster

The decision has already been made, the boats (not to offended my naval brethern) are floating near Syria.  We intervened in Bosnia, Kosovo attempted genocide, and even bomb Sadaam when he gassed the Kurds. Some folks comment get rid of obama if it was bush/cheney time or wannabes we would be in Syria already then what would commentators say.  They created a false flag?  This is politics Dog and the examples you gave are true.  If GOP says no then cool, he orders a strike anyway.  I do appreciate your imput.  Thank you for contributing.

You may be right TP you may also be wrong.

Americans are tired of war on both sides dems and repubs 

If it would actualy solve something I would be for it.

But doing it this way is nothing more then poking the hornets nest with a stick.

and for all the wrong reasons.

Im tired of the bankers wars.

They (The bankers)  should be the target at the end of my sights. 

Not syrians

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1

Here's a scenario, what if there is a distraction, or a false flag operation, in the US, or Syria, Egypt, a "mini war" or something that creates world wide attention and that's all the news outlets cover. Then the Dinar revalues and nobody is paying any attention to Iraq, or anything in Iraq, everybody is focused on the "crisis". Just a thought

WM13

• Upvote 2

Here's a scenario, what if there is a distraction, or a false flag operation, in the US, or Syria, Egypt, a "mini war" or something that creates world wide attention and that's all the news outlets cover. Then the Dinar revalues and nobody is paying any attention to Iraq, or anything in Iraq, everybody is focused on the "crisis". Just a thought

WM13

Ohhh let it be water man 

Let it be

• Upvote 1

You may be right TP you may also be wrong.

Americans are tired of war on both sides dems and repubs 

If it would actualy solve something I would be for it.

But doing it this way is nothing more then poking the hornets nest with a stick.

and for all the wrong reasons.

Im tired of the bankers wars.

They (The bankers)  should be the target at the end of my sights. 

Not syrians

Yes they are tired of War, but when they closed out Iraq and in process of closing out Afghanistan some folks say we should never left Iraq and should stay in Afghanistan.  The Bankers are not making anything off this IMO it those huge companies who are charging 200 dollars for a wrench that we can get at homedepot for 6 bucks.  I am suprised you have not heard more of blame Bush or Obama concerning this issue.  However if they make the mistake of shooting chemical wpns at Israel you can cancel christmas for Syria or whomever Israel blames.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling that the politicians don't give a rat's ass about any gassed civilians being that the alleged red line has been crossed multiple times in Syria.  This in my opinion, has everything to do with a back door way to get into Iran.  But Russia and China will probably get theirs if this happens.  

If we could just leave the partisanship and conspiracy theories aside and look at this situation objectively, I think it's clear that we have no national security concern in Syria.  If you believe in using the military for humanitarian purposes and there's sufficient evidence of the use of WMD on civilians then you probably support intervention.  In my opinion the military should not be used for humanitarian purposes but for situations where there is clearly a national security concern.  So I would vote no.

Nicely and succinctly put in the nutshell.... though I would have add the caveat using military for humanitarian purposes in areas that contain resources necessary to meet US demands of consumption

And no, I am not stating a pro or con position on US consumption... I do a very decent job of consuming along with the next guy. I'm instead noting that humanitarian seems to be specifically defined in terms of where we need to intervene. There's lots of human slaughtering going on that's not on most peoples radar.... And if you would ever question that....there's the genocide in Africa or better yet,  check out The killing fields of Sri Lanka, .......that slaughter  didn't even make back page news.... (and I have to warn ya, the youtube coverage on this is very very very graphic, and probably not something most people can watch). 

Ohhh let it be water man 

Let it be

AMEN, Brother!

WM13

I have a feeling that the politicians don't give a rat's ass about any gassed civilians being that the alleged red line has been crossed multiple times in Syria.  This in my opinion, has everything to do with a back door way to get into Iran.  But Russia and China will probably get theirs if this happens.  

Agreed

WM13

I think we are waking up

To hell with syria

Whoa, Dog - you woke up on this one. Excellent. We don't need to expand the empire into Syria.

Anyone want to send their own kids in there? And for what? So they can build a pipeline thru there and call it a client sate?

you are correct desimo, and no we should not be there, and not supporting muslim brotherhood, can we just drop obama off over there?

GET THE MUSLIM OUT OF OUR WHITE HOUSE !!!!!!!!!

Gee guys...last time I checked anyone can be of any religion in America - it's in the Constitution.

Isn't that true?

So why do we have to get rid of him as Pres. because of his religion? That would be illegal.

(HINT: Not all Muslims are terrorists...just like not all Christians are idiots....)

• Upvote 5

Hate to see children quivering, with their skin bubbling up.....BUT, escalation would surely ensue....THEN, we will have a real "national security concern!"

• Upvote 2

We should hammer Syria and be done with it.  No need for those who sit on the sidelines and holler about nothing.  Now i guess if the GOP controlled House does not get on board then it is an easy out for the President.  So when more people die due to the chemical wpn issue the blame will be on the GOP.  Instead of surgical strikes, crater the runways, hit command and control points and Military related positions.  I am sure Drones are flying over Syria as we speak.  If the congress says no, then the president has an out.  Now if you listen to these non military commentators who only complain about the President will continue to do so and offer only how bad he has run the country into the ground.  No solution only compliants.  IMO blast them and be done with it.  If they attack Israel with chemical wpns then they are asking for a Nuclear Strike.  None of the Arab states are that stupid this is my opinon and my information does not come from the off color sites or main stream media.

Glad you don't make these decisions?

The problem is this man doubled down on Syria when he practically dared them to use chemical weapons when you tell someone to cross this line and they do the you draw another line you my friend are weak yes weak and scared.

Now he has no idea what to do he wants to appear to sound tough so he turns it over to congress. So when congress says "no"he can then call the congress weak and take the heat off of him and continue to play the only card he knows how to play.

The BLAME card (ok 2 cards. Race card is the other) now that opens the door to go into campaign mode and say he wanted to attack but congress wouldn't let me, they, yes THEY are weak. IMHO not weak. I don't agree with all what the GOP do but I sure don't agree with anything Obama does. Reason is he is always setting someone else up to blame he stands for nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

***///

If hobummer really wanted to strike a blow for a "humanitarian" cause,

he should go after his own family in Africa who are committing atrocities against humanity there.

Syria is NOT our fight.

***///

France agreed with hobummer.... which is very telling in itself.... <_<  ...

so that's ONE country on his side to settle his personal vendetta.....

Huge difference between Africa and Syria, Africa doesn't have access to chemical weapons. The way things are going Syria will be giving chemical weapons to the terrorist who will then drop them in your neighborhood.

• Upvote 1

God has a way of waking you up, for those who thinks this is funny or just another way to talk trash.  All it would take is a chemical tiped rocket or mortar to land in Israel and Nucs will start flying and there is no way to stop it.  You world that some of you are living in thinking you untouchable will learn a very hard lesson.  Alot of you i have on ignore but i am glad i read a post today that proves my point.  God will protect Israel and if it has to use the US he will.

Glad you don't make these decisions?
The problem is this man doubled down on Syria when he practically dared them to use chemical weapons when you tell someone to cross this line and they do the you draw another line you my friend are weak yes weak and scared.
Now he has no idea what to do he wants to appear to sound tough so he turns it over to congress. So when congress says "no"he can then call the congress weak and take the heat off of him and continue to play the only card he knows how to play.
The BLAME card (ok 2 cards. Race card is the other) now that opens the door to go into campaign mode and say he wanted to attack but congress wouldn't let me, they, yes THEY are weak. IMHO not weak. I don't agree with all what the GOP do but I sure don't agree with anything Obama does. Reason is he is always setting someone else up to blame he stands for nothing.

No one said anything about race Kid4dinar, stay on subject please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1