Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raw: Suspect in Orlando cop shooting taken to jail

Bumper64

Video:  http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/raw-suspect-in-cop-shooting-taken-to-jail/v7JqQ

If you don't think I am lock and leaded when I leave my house you are crazy!  It seems like white people are now open season with no bag limits!!!

This happened yesterday (or the day before) July 23, 2013 in Orlando Fl

Listen to what he says at the end of the video

Story:

ORLANDO, Fla. — 

The man accused of shooting an Orlando police officer arrived in court in a wheelchair Wednesday.

Demetrius Patterson, 23, was rolled into court for his first appearance, but stood up when the judge started talking to him.    

He was denied bond.

Patterson is accused of shooting Orlando Police Officer Jason Hajek, 24, Tuesday morning during a traffic stop.

His father, Michael Hajek, told WFTV he made it through surgery and was acting like himself. He said none of Hajek's major organs were hit.

Hajek is recovering from two gunshot wounds.

Michael Hajek also said his son is restless and eager to report for duty.

"He's not the type to dwell on it. It's an experience he can bring to the job for the next situation," said Michael Hajek. "His question is when can he get back out on the street?"

Meanwhile, WFTV was there when Patterson was taken to jail Tuesday.

"You were only getting pulled over for reckless driving. Why did you shoot a cop?" asked WFTV reporter Renee Stoll.

"Get those cameras out of my face! I want my lawyer. I haven't done nothing, period," said Patterson.

Investigators said Hajeck approached the car and the driver, Patterson, fled and started shooting at Hajek.

One bullet went through the officer's abdomen, another into his leg.

"These officers are out there putting their lives in danger every night while everyone else is asleep," said Sgt. Jim Young of the Orlando Police Department.

Patterson started his criminal career at age 9, officials said.

Since then, he's been arrested 17 times on more than 40 charges.

"This suspect has no respect for the criminal justice process or for really anyone in the community, and he shot a police officer today. He has total disregard for human life," said Young.

Hajek returned fire and hit Patterson in the foot. Hours later, Patterson was found holed up in a house nearby, officers said.

"They kept telling him, 'Come out, come out, come out. You won't be harmed.' And he didn't listen," said witness Ruby Darling.

A second man taken into custody is not facing charges.

• Upvote 3

To all the Racist blacks/sobs, naacp, sharpton, jackson, obama, waters, black caucus, black panties, holder, soros, trumpka, pelosi, reid, analrod, gibbs, emanuel, carney, braindead DEMONCRATS &LIBERALS...  It was a 5 to1 VERDICT (5 BLACKS AND 1 WHITE) jury, the 5 blacks found Zimmerman NOT GUILTY along with the 1 white female.  DEAL WITH IT, AND STOP CRYING TO MUSLIM OBAMA AND BRAINDEAD HOLDER ABOUT CIVIL CHARGES...YOU ARE ALL NOTHING BUT WHINOS WAAAA  WAAAA  WAAAA!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Video:  http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/raw-suspect-in-cop-shooting-taken-to-jail/v7JqQ

If you don't think I am lock and leaded when I leave my house you are crazy!  It seems like white people are now open season with no bag limits!!!

This happened yesterday (or the day before) July 23, 2013 in Orlando Fl

Listen to what he says at the end of the video

Story:

ORLANDO, Fla. — 

The man accused of shooting an Orlando police officer arrived in court in a wheelchair Wednesday.

Demetrius Patterson, 23, was rolled into court for his first appearance, but stood up when the judge started talking to him.    

He was denied bond.

Patterson is accused of shooting Orlando Police Officer Jason Hajek, 24, Tuesday morning during a traffic stop.

His father, Michael Hajek, told WFTV he made it through surgery and was acting like himself. He said none of Hajek's major organs were hit.

Hajek is recovering from two gunshot wounds.

Michael Hajek also said his son is restless and eager to report for duty.

"He's not the type to dwell on it. It's an experience he can bring to the job for the next situation," said Michael Hajek. "His question is when can he get back out on the street?"

Meanwhile, WFTV was there when Patterson was taken to jail Tuesday.

"You were only getting pulled over for reckless driving. Why did you shoot a cop?" asked WFTV reporter Renee Stoll.

"Get those cameras out of my face! I want my lawyer. I haven't done nothing, period," said Patterson.

Investigators said Hajeck approached the car and the driver, Patterson, fled and started shooting at Hajek.

One bullet went through the officer's abdomen, another into his leg.

"These officers are out there putting their lives in danger every night while everyone else is asleep," said Sgt. Jim Young of the Orlando Police Department.

Patterson started his criminal career at age 9, officials said.

Since then, he's been arrested 17 times on more than 40 charges.

"This suspect has no respect for the criminal justice process or for really anyone in the community, and he shot a police officer today. He has total disregard for human life," said Young.

Hajek returned fire and hit Patterson in the foot. Hours later, Patterson was found holed up in a house nearby, officers said.

"They kept telling him, 'Come out, come out, come out. You won't be harmed.' And he didn't listen," said witness Ruby Darling.

A second man taken into custody is not facing charges.

It's not good, I can feel the extra tension here in Orlando bro, and I'll bet gun sales are up again. 

Live and let live I say and I don't care what color, doesn't matter to me... But if it comes to my family, I'm bringing all seven circles of hell into the fight... period.

No retreat, no compromise

• Upvote 5

5 white women and 1 hispanic I believe Kad.......and what does it matter what color they were?  You are as bad as those raising a ruckus in the street...........out of control and need a break.   How you are allowed to spew your hatred day in and day out is beyond me.  Not calling out a moderator, just venting, much like you......just in a more pleasant fashion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 5

Wow I guess you sure let us know how you feel! But your sadly mistaken as shabibilicious mentioned, it was 5 white and one woman of color on the jury. Also this random shooting of a police officer has nothing to even do with race.  And your actually causing more ruckus than those few select people protesting. I want to clarify now and make it clear, that the people you see on the tv, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the NAACP are not representing the entire black community. Not all blacks believe nor follow what they say. Just like not all whites follow the kkk or any other organization that promotes racial divide. By constantly bringing up the subject of that trial that is now over its doing no good and just basically doing exactly what they are doing which is keeping it going on and on and on.  The day when we can all just stop putting color in front of the word man or woman would be oh so nice. IE; Black man, black woman, white man, white woman. Last I checked we are all Americans/ People. 

• Upvote 7

people please try to focus on the solution, not the problem.  the change we seek begins with us individually making it a conscious choice/decision.  you want peace, seek it - promote it - be it.  by doing so you encourage others to do the same. 

furthering fear based mentality gets us no where.  constantly complaining and taking no action to make things better only creates "ground hogs days". 

"anything less than a loving thought is toxic to body, mind and spirit." ~peter ragner

ask yourself daily what have i done to promote love and peace? promoting hate in the long run only harms you.

deuces :)

p.s. well said shabbs and i live in florida too and i'm not scared nor do i have a gun.

Edited by supergirl
  • Upvote 4

... By constantly bringing up the subject of that trial that is now over its doing no good and just basically doing exactly what they are doing which is keeping it going on and on and on.  The day when we can all just stop putting color in front of the word man or woman would be oh so nice. IE; Black man, black woman, white man, white woman. Last I checked we are all Americans/ People. 

Thank You Chris... Well Said! You Are Right!

You Too SuperGirl :) (we were typing at the same time). Thank You For What You Said Too... So True.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

Thank You Chris... Well Said! You Are Right!

You Too SuperGirl :) (we were typing at the same time). Thank You For What You Said Too... So True.

Thanks Maggie.  Have a great rest of the day.  Whew I think I'll have to have a drink after all that stress .... ohhhh any ole excuse will do... LOL

• Upvote 2

Thanks Maggie.  Have a great rest of the day.  Whew I think I'll have to have a drink after all that stress .... ohhhh any ole excuse will do... LOL

I was just thinking of a glass of wine myself. LOL

It does get your blood pumping huh? I really did like what you added to the conversation... Very Constructive and hopfully Helpful for some here.

You have a wonderful rest of the day too my dear. :)

• Upvote 1

people please try to focus on the solution, not the problem.  the change we seek begins with us individually making it a conscious choice/decision.  you want peace, seek it - promote it - be it.  by doing so you encourage others to do the same. 

furthering fear based mentality gets us no where.  constantly complaining and taking no action to make things better only creates "ground hogs days". 

"anything less than a loving thought is toxic to body, mind and spirit." ~peter ragner

ask yourself daily what have i done to promote love and peace? promoting hate in the long run only harms you.

deuces :)

p.s. well said shabbs and i live in florida too and i'm not scared nor do i have a gun.

Well said Supergirl I too am in Florida, and refuse to live in fear. I will protect my family at all costs though. :)

• Upvote 1

Well said Supergirl I too am in Florida, and refuse to live in fear. I will protect my family at all costs though. :)

cracks me up .... people acting like crime is "brand new" here in florida since the TM/Zimmerman verdict.  hell when i first moved here i thought i was watching miami vice when i turned on the tv to watch the news....lol

I was just thinking of a glass of wine myself. LOL

It does get your blood pumping huh? I really did like what you added to the conversation... Very Constructive and hopfully Helpful for some here.

You have a wonderful rest of the day too my dear. :)

enjoy your glass maggie *klink* *klink* :)

5 white women and 1 hispanic I believe Kad.......and what does it matter what color they were?  You are as bad as those raising a ruckus in the street...........out of control and need a break.   How you are allowed to spew your hatred day in and day out is beyond me.  Not calling out a moderator, just venting, much like you......just in a more pleasant fashion.

GO RV, then BV

I knew there was a reason why I respect you - peace
  • Upvote 1

How you are allowed to spew your hatred day in and day out is beyond me.  Not calling out a moderator, just venting, much like you......just in a more pleasant fashion.

GO RV, then BV

FYI: Just because you don't see us commenting in the threads doesn't mean that we have not addressed the issue!!  :bump:

cracks me up .... people acting like crime is "brand new" here in florida since the TM/Zimmerman verdict.  hell when i first moved here i thought i was watching miami vice when i turned on the tv to watch the news....lol

I just brought this thread up because it just happened and I wanted to give us something to talk about while we wait!

The other part I typed out because of how I feel about the situation.  I have 2 teenage daughters and I am not living in fear for myself but the fear of something happening to one of my daughters because these idiots are acting like fools

• Upvote 2

***///

Here's some fools for ya....

Trayvon supporters camped out in the Florida State Capitol Building for 9 days.

abusing the facilities,

abusing the legislators,

disrupting the State business of The People

costing us  - so far - over $116 THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Say they want Justice for Trayvon, that the Florida Governor MUST cave to their demands and

call a Special Session to repeal the Stand Your Ground Law.

Seriously? 

Looks like they don't trust their own Representatives to get their business done for them there....

Is holding The People of The State of Florida hostage  the right thing to do instead.... really?

NOT the way to repeal a Law.   

Governor already told them a special session will not be called...

and to please follow the proper procedure.....

Guess they don't care about the law.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To all the Racist blacks/sobs, naacp, sharpton, jackson, obama, waters, black caucus, black panties, holder, soros, trumpka, pelosi, reid, analrod, gibbs, emanuel, carney, braindead DEMONCRATS &LIBERALS...  It was a 5 to1 VERDICT (5 BLACKS AND 1 WHITE) jury, the 5 blacks found Zimmerman NOT GUILTY along with the 1 white female.  DEAL WITH IT, AND STOP CRYING TO MUSLIM OBAMA AND BRAINDEAD HOLDER ABOUT CIVIL CHARGES...YOU ARE ALL NOTHING BUT WHINOS WAAAA  WAAAA  WAAAA!

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!!