Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Magpul Last Act Of Defiance Before Leaving Colorado

Gun Manufacturer’s Big Act of Defiance Ahead of New Magazine Ban in Colorado

Jun. 27, 2013 9:30pm Jason Howerton

It will be illegal to purchase, manufacture or sell magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition in the state of Colorado come Monday. Recently-passed gun control measures have Second Amendment supporters angry while several gun manufacturers are fleeing the state.

One of the companies getting out of Colorado is Magpul Industries — but not before one final, symbolic act of defiance.

Magpul plans to give away 1,500 30-round ammunition magazines in Colorado on Saturday, just a couple days before the ban goes into effect. The magazines will be given away at a “Freedom Festival” on a first-come first-served basis. The event will be held at Infinity Park in Glendale, Colo., from 4-8 p.m., Magpul announced on its official Facebook page.

A number of gun control measures will go into effect July 1, including the magazine ban and expansive universal background checks. However, the law is not retroactive and allows gun owners to keep soon-to-be illegal high-capacity magazines if they were purchased legally before July 1.

In other words, every gun owner who gets a free 30-round magazine from Magpul is covered.

“Just to clarify, it seems many of the local news outlets are billing us as an ‘ammunition’ company, and saying that we will be giving out free ammo. This is incorrect…as you all know, we build magazines and accessories, and it is empty, 20 and 30 round magazines that will be for sale and also given away for the first 1500,” Magpul said in a statement.

Magpul, which claims it contributes roughly $85 million to Colorado’s economy and employs 200 people, is leaving Colorado over the new gun control measured signed into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper in response to the Sandy Hook shooting.

The company reaffirmed its plan to leave Colorado on its Facebook page on Thursday, though Magpul hasn’t announced where it plans to relocate.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 4

How about that!  Way to go Gov.  Let's just lose more money and jobs, while infringing on our constitutional rights.

I moved to this state to get away from this insanity. I guess the other Californian's I was trying to get away from, followed me.

Just wish I were going to be home in time for the giveaway.

At least Terry Mikita won't be enforcing this nonsense in El Paso County.

• Upvote 1

Way to go Colorado.....the continuing punishment of law abiding people in the hope that these actions will somehow keep the law breakers and mentally unstable people from doing harm to others and themselves... government needs to fix the system of broken policies that is supposed to stop criminals and the mentally ill people from obtaining weapons and committing these crimes and stop taking away the rights and civil liberties that are guaranteed by the constitution... hopefully someday common sense laws will be the new fad in politics...

• Upvote 1

Way to go Magpul! I love it!

Here in Ohio, our screwed up law reads that if any semi auto has a capacity (except .22 rimfire) of more than 31 rounds it is consider a machine gun, a felony to possess.  You can legally own the weapon and the mag, but if you put the two together - BANG a felony.  Even if the mag is loaded with less than 31 rounds.  We have lived with this law for decades.

Retired Police Officer / Range Officer