Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's really going on in Iraq?

eburt

What's really going on in Iraq?

The reason why I ask this questions is can we really believe the Iraq News with recent articles that came out regarding CBI to do something to the Dinar in June and now seeing articles about Maliki is the hold-up.  I just want to know is Iraq doing this on purpose and/or are we getting mis-lead.

I know it sure does feel like we're being mis-lead.

Sometimes I dont know how much truth there really is in some of the articles we read.

They say so much but do so little. But all governments are like that, look at ours.

The thing is that we're all so burned out already on this RV situation that everything just feels like its not moving, dragging for days.............................

I dont think we're ever really going to know whats really going on behind the curtain .

Have faith, keep holding on.

• Upvote 3

I think the idea that Iraq is misleading currency speculators in all this is way overblown.  Just given the usual amount spin governments put out plus the fact that its a very different culture and a very different political environment (sectarianism etc) and we have a huge language barrier, that's enough to make it pretty hard to follow the day to day details of what the heck is going on.  I rather doubt we are even on their radar.

Edited by skeptic1138

Iraq is just a baby of a new form of government ,  take in the past under that sad man { saddam } they were told how and what to do and who to bow to ,  saddam went so far as to kill off any one who did not follow these deals, drove the kurds north , right into a Hugh gold field of oil ,  hahahha bet he didn`t plan on that ,  but any way , they now have 3 or 4 tribes trying to get a long  in this vast region of unsettled lands , and a lot of these people are herdsmen with animals they travel a bit ,  the others just bicker and argue about who is getting what , and  where`s mine , type of mess, this is reflected in the government and parliament meetings , the reason I think the Kurdish bunch did a walk out  trying to figure out erbil and power sharing ,  back to the saddam spin,   from being told what and how to act , to ,  your free to vote and believe what you wish ,  but now they have maliki  who is trying to put holds on a lot of the governmental powers , and put his own puppet people into spots of power that can eventually shut down a lot of the government as he wishes ,  pushed dr, shabby out and put in the turk guy ,  { funny how dr, shabby was pushed out ,but now we see he is at the last big meeting of currency bankers or was that united nations deal, ? speaking for Iraq }  ....  now if you look at who wons the news papers and news out lets in the region they are the folks in power at the tribial heads,  { example  sunni , Kurdish , and shia tribes ,  all own and have a big voice in there own region } and this is where the double speak and miss leading information starts, ,,,,   basically what is needed when you view these news post , read them , put them into a form as you can figure out what will happen next , and sit back and wait for the news you just read comes out backwards again ,  the way I read all of Iraq is like when the united states went through the civil war  ,and after ,  { Iraqi just came out of war torn years , now going through the rebuilding years , just like the u.s.  has done , and most likely every nation that has done so in past,  Iraq has really completed a lot of items on the list the united nations council put to them , so they would be kind of like in the late 50`s early 60`s  of u.s. time tables , as we are in the 2013`s era ,  they are catching up on how to do every thing ,  take the banking , they are learning how to do smart cards and electronic banking, and card readers ,  ,,,  now take all of the stuff they are learning now and put in the mix of daily explosions , and wars going on in the next countries , and trying to get the currency up to par as it had been in the past ,,  not an easy task at all I would imagine, and from all of this , the news reporters are trying to tell their own Iraqi people what is going on in simple terms,  also a reason why news is so misinterpreted ...  it has been 10 years and counting , for Iraq, erbil is almost if not complete ,  and budget is passed and about to be initiated <--- started ,  from news about the area , chapter 7 is almost finished  only thing we see is the big pay off , to Kuwait ,   they are getting the infra structure  under way , farming , building , industrial complex ,  cities are being revitalized ,  -------> to put it in time zones ,,, I would think  that the 1 st of next year , a lot of this Iraq will make better since to all of us,  but we all are only looking for 1 big news story ----->  the dinar value has evened out with the dollar to become a leader in the currency trades in the Iraq central business market ,  and then see it in the currency markets as stating so , and also on the c.b.i. web site as being  u.s. dollar 1.oo  =`s  i.q.d.  1.oo   or 1.30   < ---- this is what we are all looking for in the end game ,  but when and where is the biggest question of all -------> take the new news of the Kuwait telecom market  , shares ,  I share for one dinar ,  that says   A LOT  TO ME   ,,  these guys, selling these shares, are betting on the dinar to hit the above mark of the dinar, like I just mentioned,  to sell one share for, 1 tenth of a penny , in a market that is soon going to be a boon , when all is finished in this region ,,  wow ,  this puts the appreciation into the dinar big time ,  when and if  chapter 7 is lifted and trade starts in the international again ---------> look out ,, the news will be great in the area`s of dinar ,,,,,  hope that settles a lot of the questions, I`m  not s,w,f,g,  or even n,w, guy ,  just lousiville  ky  guy  :peace:    { all of this is just my opinion }

• Upvote 5

Besides the awful translations we have no way to determine the validity of these news items.. Some may be just political bluster.

We often use the phrase " the IQD will be the strongest currency in the ME" .. Who said that? a real authority OR some candidate that wants to be elected. Would he want to be reported as saying the IQD would remain a soso currency?

After 10 years Iraq is still a fragile three-sided confederation. And those sides do not trust each other.. 10 more years may not be enough time to solve that problem...

• Upvote 2

I know it sure does feel like we're being mis-lead.

Sometimes I dont know how much truth there really is in some of the articles we read.

They say so much but do so little. But all governments are like that, look at ours.

The thing is that we're all so burned out already on this RV situation that everything just feels like its not moving, dragging for days.............................

I dont think we're ever really going to know whats really going on behind the curtain .

Have faith, keep holding on.

Very well said!! Thanks for the encouragement millionaire in training...

I think the idea that Iraq is misleading currency speculators in all this is way overblown.  Just given the usual amount spin governments put out plus the fact that its a very different culture and a very different political environment (sectarianism etc) and we have a huge language barrier, that's enough to make it pretty hard to follow the day to day details of what the heck is going on.  I rather doubt we are even on their radar.

yup.   iraq doesn't know these sites exist.  they don't care.  they have not promised an RV.  people desperate to have this happen; or desperate to have investors cling to their every word, are the ones making something out of every bit of news out of iraq.

maybe nothing is exactly what is supposed to happen.