Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction - Monday, 27 May 2013

Whats the difference between conceived and preconceived?

Like I said 20% of the population carries the other 80%. I see it everyday. Same parents helping at school, Same people helping at church, Same people helping over and over and over while the other 80 % do nothing but expect more. I guess I would be PRE presuming if I thought you were part of the 20% that actually lifts a shovel and helps.

But the odds are against you and that is not realistic.

Keep up the good work as you really have found your calling here. It's your chance to help the poor misguided people here at DV.

I did find it Hillarious that you would not respond to Adams post because he is your host . He's a big boy and can surely take your PRE conceived

Responses.

Have a great day at work

• Upvote 1

Like I said 20% of the population carries the other 80%. I see it everyday. Same parents helping at school, Same people helping at church, Same people helping over and over and over while the other 80 % do nothing but expect more. I guess I would be PRE presuming if I thought you were part of the 20% that actually lifts a shovel and helps.

Keep up the good work as you really have found your calling here. It's your chance to help the poor misguided people here at DV.

I did find it Hillarious that you would not respond to Adams post because he is your host . He's a big boy and can surely take your PRE conceived

Responses.

Have a great day at work

Responses.

Have a great day at work

Responses.

Have a great day at work

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

Very interesting blog here.  Think of two factors.  One, the CBI is trying to divert from Shabibi's laid out plan, thinking they are smarter than him, and they have run into problems.  They are devaluing the dinar, and the only thing they know to bring it back up is the auctions.  But, what they don't know, is money supply alone will not help.  Not to mention, the 2nd issue.  People's confidence.  Just like here,  the currency is worthless.  Ours is debt and there's is undervalued.   They are told it will have more buying power, but there comes a time when the confidence wears off, and they no longer have it.  

Mr Turki took over the CBI at Maliki's request after maliki took out Shabibi.  Shabibi had a plan that involved many processes and sequences.  Too deep for my juvenile mind.  But maliki thought he could throw Turki (unqualified) in there to stop Shabibi's plan in order for maliki to stay in complete control of Iraq.  Maliki is totally against the dinar having serious value.   He needs to be in control.  Money will empower the people, and he won't have it.  

If Maliki was energetic about RVing, why has it not happened.  Shabibi is RDing and after the deletion of the zeros, (picked up the 3 zero notes) then he would RV the rest.  (which is out of country)   Just my take from what we have read the last 3 years.  I could be wrong, but I don't care.  I know we don't have an RV and I can see that the PM will do everything in his power to stop it.

So, if he tries and some how succeeds in a 3rd term.  I think our chances of winning a lottery is better.  This will surely be a long term investment to leave to your grand children.   We have heard it numerous times in the news that the country cannot go forward with the political spectrum until elections.  (till maliki is out of office)  And here he is trying to run for 3rd term.  That's about 5 more years.  Does anyone really think seriously maliki wants the dinar to have value?   There is no benefit to him what so ever if the people have money and are free to put their money in to mechanisms that would maliki in his shenanigans.

I don't get it.  Really don't.  I can walk away for a week or two and still see the same headlines about the politics.  It don't change.  so I take that with the value of the dinar and it don't change.  That is why for sure the political situation is the reason the dinar stays stagnant.  It has gone up since 2003, but we are looking for the true value and I just don't see it with the political turmoil.  

Very interesting blog here.  Think of two factors.  One, the CBI is trying to divert from Shabibi's laid out plan, thinking they are smarter than him, and they have run into problems.  They are devaluing the dinar, and the only thing they know to bring it back up is the auctions.  But, what they don't know, is money supply alone will not help.  Not to mention, the 2nd issue.  People's confidence.  Just like here,  the currency is worthless.  Ours is debt and there's is undervalued.   They are told it will have more buying power, but there comes a time when the confidence wears off, and they no longer have it.  

Mr Turki took over the CBI at Maliki's request after maliki took out Shabibi.  Shabibi had a plan that involved many processes and sequences.  Too deep for my juvenile mind.  But maliki thought he could throw Turki (unqualified) in there to stop Shabibi's plan in order for maliki to stay in complete control of Iraq.  Maliki is totally against the dinar having serious value.   He needs to be in control.  Money will empower the people, and he won't have it.  

If Maliki was energetic about RVing, why has it not happened.  Shabibi is RDing and after the deletion of the zeros, (picked up the 3 zero notes) then he would RV the rest.  (which is out of country)   Just my take from what we have read the last 3 years.  I could be wrong, but I don't care.  I know we don't have an RV and I can see that the PM will do everything in his power to stop it.

So, if he tries and some how succeeds in a 3rd term.  I think our chances of winning a lottery is better.  This will surely be a long term investment to leave to your grand children.   We have heard it numerous times in the news that the country cannot go forward with the political spectrum until elections.  (till maliki is out of office)  And here he is trying to run for 3rd term.  That's about 5 more years.  Does anyone really think seriously maliki wants the dinar to have value?   There is no benefit to him what so ever if the people have money and are free to put their money in to mechanisms that would maliki in his shenanigans.

I don't get it.  Really don't.  I can walk away for a week or two and still see the same headlines about the politics.  It don't change.  so I take that with the value of the dinar and it don't change.  That is why for sure the political situation is the reason the dinar stays stagnant.  It has gone up since 2003, but we are looking for the true value and I just don't see it with the political turmoil.  

Political issues keep the country from being stable.  A stable country is very helpful in any currency change. 

Preconceived is formed beforehand.  It seems quite common for people in a debate on the internet to assume a spectrum of views and characteristics for their opponents not in evidence from the debate itself.

So you are saying you were only playing the odds here and this would apply to everyone on this board? It did not seem that way. You're slightly pessimistic according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics that says about 26% of the population volunteers at least once a year. I happen to work for a company that strongly encourages all of its 10,000+ employees to volunteer at the charity of their choice on the company's dime 6 days a year, and pretty much everyone does, including me.

I don't view people here as poor and misguided. They are just folks like any others but have fallen prey to a common human failing exploited by those profiting off of Dinar sales.. For some like you it doesn't matter as the amount is not significant to you. If you look at the dinar selling thread this is not the cases for everyone. People clearly do invest funds they can not afford to lose hoping for the huge win, and that huge win is not going to happen, it CAN NOT happen. Will the IQD be up 10% or down 10% five years from now? Who knows. Will it be up 100,000%? No.

I did find it Hillarious that you would not respond to Adams post because he is your host . He's a big boy and can surely take your PRE conceived Responses.

Adam does not appear to participate in such discussions and he has allowed me to post here for free despite my view being pretty much in opposition to his own. I think that deserves some deference.

Have a great day at work

Likewise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I don't view people here as poor and misguided. They are just folks like any others but have fallen prey to a common human failing exploited by those profiting off of Dinar sales."  Seeing as your a good Samaritan and all do you go after other businesses that prey on folks with the same amount of vigor? Such as the Government, Drug and Food agencies, the  Auto Industry, unions ,..................etc? The list is endless. Or do you choose only Dinar as your vehicle of charity?  The Vatican has placed adds looking for just such a person for sainthood......ala next American Idle. I dub thee St Skeptic - peace

Edited by caz1104

I like this Skeptic guy. He's very intelligent and sophisticated. He's taking the hard path of arguing (almost pleading) with people about the inability for the dinar to appreciate 100,000%, regardless of taking forever or overnight. Tough to do on a site devoted to a conceptual belief and hope the dinar will "revalue."

• Upvote 1

Nice reply Skeptic,

Sounds like you are sincere and that is a noble thing. but for those of us on this ride for years and have seen an increase in value already its hard to listen to.

People with the same intentions as you have come and gone but it's always the same. I know it must also be frustrating for you. I'll leave it at that and do respect your opinion and thats why I was curious to see your response to Adam's scenerio.

On the lighter side here is a video of George Carlins take on words that start with PRE. 

Warning! George Carlin had some pretty rough language so don't go to link if this may offend you.

• Upvote 3

"I don't view people here as poor and misguided. They are just folks like any others but have fallen prey to a common human failing exploited by those profiting off of Dinar sales."  Seeing as your a good Samaritan and all do you go after other businesses that prey on folks with the same amount of vigor? Such as the Government, Drug and Food agencies, the  Auto Industry, unions ,..................etc? The list is endless. Or do you choose only Dinar as your vehicle of charity?  The Vatican has placed adds looking for just such a person for sainthood......ala next American Idle. I dub thee St Skeptic - peace

So because I am not dedicating my life to fighting all entities that prey on people that invalidates my efforts to do so in this one case?  Geez, talk about a logical fallacy!!

So because I am not dedicating my life to fighting all entities that prey on people that invalidates my efforts to do so in this one case?  Geez, talk about a logical fallacy!!

No it was a legit question.............helping people already invested seems strange to me. Same question I've asked many like yourself (none have answered),why not start your own site to educate folks BEFORE they purchase? Now that would be noble in my view. Call me a skeptic for I don't think that is your true goal...........could I be wrong,maybe - peace

Edited by caz1104

Nice reply Skeptic,

Sounds like you are sincere and that is a noble thing. but for those of us on this ride for years and have seen an increase in value already its hard to listen to.

People with the same intentions as you have come and gone but it's always the same. I know it must also be frustrating for you. I'll leave it at that and do respect your opinion and thats why I was curious to see your response to Adam's scenerio.

On the lighter side here is a video of George Carlins take on words that start with PRE. 

Warning! George Carlin had some pretty rough language so don't go to link if this may offend you.

Thank you.  Seen an increase in value?  If you got in the month or two interval immediately after the Bremmes were issued but before the value improved to around 1500 to 1, (i.e. at 3000 to 1), then indeed you are in fat city and I would recommend selling ASAP, that of course likely means you bought in Iraq (so thanks for your service whatever it was military or private).  For those that bought through dealers even if they bought early its not likely that the spread they paid is even covered.  Further the early price improvement was when they were setting up the system.  Until the Bremers were issued I doubt they even had too accurate a handle on the size of the money supply.  But now that things are well established those kinds of deltas are not going to be happening.   It may well go up or down a few percent over the years, maybe even to 1000 to 1 (about 14%) but that's about it I'd say.  Plus the bigger risk is that once the redenomination occurs (which will happen I think, even if years down the road) then the dealers won't be able to sell it, so then the price they will buy it back for will likely be less than the official CBI rate.

The big problem with Adam's 0.10 and then rising scenario is that even if it were true that there was enough of a demand that the CBI was making money (and I find that hard to believe unless there are things to buy in IQD), the intermediate steps are never enough to pay for the increased liability the CBI incurs at each higher price.  In the end, their reservers are still wiped out by their liabilities where ever it ends up.  Also the big liability is not from speculators, but internally form Iraqi's wanting to buy stuff from other countries with their new found wealth.  That is never dealt with.

I've listened to a ton of George Carlin growing up, he's great, so thanks for that little blast from the past!

No it was a legit question.............helping people already invested seems strange to me. Same question I've asked many like yourself (none have answered),why not start your own site to educate folks BEFORE they purchase? Now that would be noble in my view. Call me a skeptic for I don't think that is your true goal...........could I be wrong,maybe - peace

People aren't coming here to learn about the dinar thinking of investing?

Most are here because they've already have. You still didn't the question...............why?

Now if you come to converse and offer opinions.................nothing wrong with that. That's what the majority here offer.

Edited by caz1104

So you read a few posts and assign me to one of your preconceived stereotypes. Convenient, but likely not very realistic.

I sure did..your name and the know it all sense, as you refer some need your advice..No Thanks that is being Realistic...they have a Lop section made just for you...here the Link...

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

Most are here because they've already have. You still didn't the question...............why?

Now if you come to converse and offer opinions.................nothing wrong with that. That's what the majority here offer.

I have answered the question of why I am here, perhaps not to you.  As to why I don't start my own site?  As this one is already here. And I have also stated that I enjoy the interaction, and that I think people who think a huge RV is possible are not using good reasoning but falling victim to confirmation bias whether invested now or thinking of doing so and that is a big problem in our society.  You're here I guess as you just enjoy the interaction, as I have said before, me too.

I sure did..your name and the know it all sense, as you refer some need your advice..No Thanks that is being Realistic...they have a Lop section made just for you...here the Link...

Some things are knowable, others are not.  It seems rather silly to be branded a "know it all" merely for knowing the difference in this one narrow subject.  Again if you think a huge overnight RV is possible, then spell out how it will work.  If you can not do that, then what are you basing your assessment on?  My guess: confirmation bias.  You want it to be true, so you look at only those things that you think confirm your viewpoint.  I could be wrong of course.  So how can a huge RV happen?  When Iraqi's go to spend their trillions of dollars worth of IQD to buy imports, where will those Dollars and Euros and Yen come from?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok skeptic heres one for you!

While in Iraq I was a power generation mechanic and I got orders to hook up a genset

to 4 brand new red conexs and when they opened those doors they were stuffed full to the

top with 25,000 dollar iraqi dinar notes and guess who's name was on the manifest?

haliburton and then a month after that I got the same orders to hook up a genset to just 1 conex

full to the top with the same notes and this one belonged to george bush jr. why would they

purchase this many notes for themselves? according to you they needed a lifetime supply of toilet paper?

when I saw these containers leave for the states a week later on a C-5 thats when I bought into this investment.

why would they want a worthless currency fancy wallpaper? I think you made a mistake in thinking this is going to lop

it just wouldnt make since for these big players to spend this kind of cash for a worthless currency.

they know something we dont know and they are in position to know whats going to happen.I got mine in 2004

same as them sure I would make a profit if I sold now but it keeps going up in value since then.

I was their and saw the money with my own eyes if I hadnt saw those conexs full I would have never bought

this currency.These conexs were guarded so heavily so that not many would know why do this for a worthless currency?

I am not the only one who saw stuff like this there are some in this forum who saw the same thing as me

but were at differant camps so just imagine how much money left that country while we were there?

And at this time it was suppose to be illegal to leave the country with their currency and they looked for it at

all airports and if they found it they confiscated it.I mailed mine home throught the APO a million at a time.

20 times I did this.and it was cheap too.right from the CBI in bagdad.I kinda know what your saying thou how

could they raise the value of it enough and cover it without tipping off the mega rich who would purchase

all they could if it came out low.I have hacked all I could into some very important places and I could not find

any evidence of a RV RI RD or anything so only the PTB must be the only ones who know whats going to happen.

and I am dam good at it too.if it comes out low say .10 cents then what would happen? the sale of the dinar

would go through the roof thus forcing the market price and value up from the demand.sound familiar?

what would drive the price up? things that make you go Hmmmmmm.I would love to see a high value for

the dinar but at this moment I dont think they could support it say 3.42 does demand make prices go up?

maybe.without knowing how much they have in possesion makes it even harder to know what the price could be.

if our government doesnt want us commoners to get rich then they wont be either they lose like us

I dont think so.If they lop this currency how will the war pay for itself? Bush would,nt lie to us would he?

especially when he owns god knows how much dinar.1 full conex that I have seen.I guess **** cheney

isnt smart either?Come on now get with it man.I am not bashing you skeptic and I like what you wrote

just some of us have seen more than we should have.like me!I would have taken a picture of it

but I think they would have shot me.for now its my word against theirs but others have seen what I have seen.

still think its going to be worthless.Not me time to RV and it will.

I know nothing about monetary policy but I do know how to hack.when I find what I am looking for

everyone on this forum will see it too.Adam laughed at me and I laugh at his perdiction of .10

that price would be ringing the dinner bell to the rich.a little over a dollar gets the dollar off their streets

do you think they like looking at infidel money in their hands?NO but money's money right?

Oh I'm sure they are trying to figure out a way to shaft us but at what cost?Thats why I love this site because

their are so many smart ones here to help figure this out and it aint easy.

anyway thats what I brought to this site this little bit of info but it all adds up to RV or trash this currency

like saddams so no one makes out there is no inbetween so if you dont have the bucks to invest

dont buy it.Powergeneration camp anaconda balad Iraq is there anyone else that was at this camp

from 2003 to 2005 in this forum? have a great day!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ok skeptic heres one for you!

While in Iraq I was a power generation mechanic and I got orders to hook up a genset

to 4 brand new red conexs and when they opened those doors they were stuffed full to the

top with 25,000 dollar iraqi dinar notes and guess who's name was on the manifest?

haliburton and then a month after that I got the same orders to hook up a genset to just 1 conex

full to the top with the same notes and this one belonged to george bush jr.

Yea right, you're a funny guy!  So a std pallet can hold a million notes, or 25B IQD in 25,000s.  A std 8'x8'x40' container can hold 10 sets of 2x2 pallets (with room to spare)= 40 pallets * 25B IQD = 1T IQD = (a bit less than) 1B USD.  So you want us to believe that George Bush and Halliburton are spending a few billion dollars on dinars and then are so careless with it that they mistakenly let some mechanic open them up.  Yea right, sure.  There is zero chance of this being true.

Yea right, you're a funny guy!  So a std pallet can hold a million notes, or 25B IQD in 25,000s.  A std 8'x8'x40' container can hold 10 sets of 2x2 pallets (with room to spare)= 40 pallets * 25B IQD = 1T IQD = (a bit less than) 1B USD.  So you want us to believe that George Bush and Halliburton are spending a few billion dollars on dinars and then are so careless with it that they mistakenly let some mechanic open them up.  Yea right, sure.  There is zero chance of this being true.

But your a skeptic, shouldn't your name mean its your obligation to be skeptic of everything?

Hey Skeptic! The earth is round, bet your skeptic of that.

:) All joking aside, it very well could be a misconception of what he saw. He may of seen what he saw, but the way he interpreted it, may have been wrong.

Skeptic, you seem like your drawn to negativity...... You should Google "How wealth was taken from Iraq"

Shows how many Corporations were able to basically seize assets of Iraq for their own gain...

• Upvote 2

But your a skeptic, shouldn't your name mean its your obligation to be skeptic of everything?

Hey Skeptic! The earth is round, bet your skeptic of that.

:) All joking aside, it very well could be a misconception of what he saw. He may of seen what he saw, but the way he interpreted it, may have been wrong.

Skeptic, you seem like your drawn to negativity...... You should Google "How wealth was taken from Iraq"

Shows how many Corporations were able to basically seize assets of Iraq for their own gain...

I'm skeptical of claims that are not well supported, all the more so when there is clear support for their falsehood.  There is no doubt that the earth is round(ish! :-).  He "misinterpret" seeing a container full of 25,000 IQD notes with George Bush (whose name by the way does not include a Jr) on the manifest.  Please, the guy is just telling whoppers

Negative or positive is all in the view of the reader.  You view what I have to say as negative as you are under the illusion that you will make big money on IQD.  For someone that reads what I have to say and declines to invest, the result would be positive.

That search didn't find anything under that exact name.  I'm guessing the biggest looter of Iraq was Saddam and his cronies but corporations likely got away with a lot too.

I'm skeptical of claims that are not well supported, all the more so when there is clear support for their falsehood.  There is no doubt that the earth is round(ish! :-).  He "misinterpret" seeing a container full of 25,000 IQD notes with George Bush (whose name by the way does not include a Jr) on the manifest.  Please, the guy is just telling whoppers

Negative or positive is all in the view of the reader.  You view what I have to say as negative as you are under the illusion that you will make big money on IQD.  For someone that reads what I have to say and declines to invest, the result would be positive.

That search didn't find anything under that exact name.  I'm guessing the biggest looter of Iraq was Saddam and his cronies but corporations likely got away with a lot too.

I'm quite horrible when it comes to bookmarking. And since I jump from a laptop to a desktop a lot, I can't even sometimes be in a position to reference recent history.

I was Googling random words through Google and looking for interesting articles to read from boredom the other night.

1 main article that really stuck out to me was the overall cost of the Afghan & Iraq war... Estimates were in the figures from 4-6 Trillion dollars.

Number of lives lost at 190k+

But another interesting one, was someone who had gone and was pulling finances where a lot of the funds were being spent... It basically covered where the contracts had went... How much money was simply wasted & so forth. Rather interesting article

An example of one bullet point was how they had the De La Rue issue new notes when Iraq had their own printing press and could of simply done the same with having a few updates to their print press.

Another interesting example was how they allocated X amount of funds to build a cement factory I believe, but Iraqis did it for a fraction of the cost..

The article itself was interesting for two reasons... 1.) The amount of money wasted & likely funneled to greedy hands based from corruption 2.) How many contracts went out to US Corporations. Another example was the money allocated to help implement the new currency within the banks and the costs... & that they even fell short of what was required to fulfill the the needs to pay for the implementation. Long-story short, it was basic foolish spending.

But - while also reading it, you get an idea on how much rebuilding has been done through funds allocated to Iraq. One would have to think that over the years, that the economy will have recovered. If you look at the unemployment rates, you can see that they've dropped significantly. While they are a region mostly dependent on Oil, their other sectors are vastly improving. Their % of income will always mostly be oil, because even as other sectors continue to grow, so will the oil sector. But what many fail to consider, as other sectors grow, the exports of those sectors will grow as well (Which may lead to increase foreign demand of their currency to pay for their goods). Agricultural, minerals, precious metals, livestock, fishing, etc. Than as manufacturering companies become functional and so forth, that'll improve. This is a factor most often not considered because so much emphasis is put on oil/crude for their country. Which during trade restrictions, that was basically the only thing they were even allow to export. But recent trade restrictions have been lifted and the economy is healing.

The people will likely soon benefit of a more glorious nation, just sadly, it appears the people at the top have to be greedy and try to maintain and increase their power first.

• Upvote 2

I think you need to learn to read skeptic I didnt open anything it was heavily guarded they opened the doors.

after a nice strip search before and after I was done.I never said their was pallets either because their wasnt any

it was stuffed full and plastic wrapped they had to move some from the left front of the conex.

Thats where the electric panel is!

and I only wrote Jr. because I dont like him at all and dont like to write more than I have to.

I dont care if you dont believe me plus I was a LT.with a high security clearance.not just some mechanic.

Every container has to have the manifest with the original owners name clearly posted.and the shipping address

I can tell you never served our country.I came home without my legs and a few other organs when struck by

a mortar would you like to see a nice bloody picture of that too to believe?

I dont lie and most in here know I tell it like it is.

I gave you a compliment on your posts I guess you didnt read that either!

I respect your opinion skeptic but dont call me a LIAR if you dont believe in this investment

then get out of it I'll buy yours right now market price cash in person you can push my

wheelchair into the bank.Have a Great Day!

• Upvote 3

I think you need to learn to read skeptic I didnt open anything it was heavily guarded they opened the doors.

after a nice strip search before and after I was done.I never said their was pallets either because their wasnt any

it was stuffed full and plastic wrapped they had to move some from the left front of the conex.

and I only wrote Jr. because I dont like him at all and dont like to write more than I have to.

I dont care if you dont believe me plus I was a LT.with a high security clearance.not just some mechanic.

Every container has to have the manifest with the original owners name clearly posted.and the shipping address

I can tell you never served our country.I came home without my legs and a few other organs when struck by

I respect your opinion skeptic but dont call me a LIAR if you dont believe in this investment

then get out of it I'll buy yours right now market price cash in person you can push my

Thank You!!!!!!

Email me if there is any thing I can help you with anytime.

We all owe you so much!! They say time heals all wounds but I don't think thats true.

I'm quite horrible when it comes to bookmarking. And since I jump from a laptop to a desktop a lot, I can't even sometimes be in a position to reference recent history.

I was Googling random words through Google and looking for interesting articles to read from boredom the other night.

1 main article that really stuck out to me was the overall cost of the Afghan & Iraq war... Estimates were in the figures from 4-6 Trillion dollars.

Number of lives lost at 190k+

But another interesting one, was someone who had gone and was pulling finances where a lot of the funds were being spent... It basically covered where the contracts had went... How much money was simply wasted & so forth. Rather interesting article

An example of one bullet point was how they had the De La Rue issue new notes when Iraq had their own printing press and could of simply done the same with having a few updates to their print press.

Another interesting example was how they allocated X amount of funds to build a cement factory I believe, but Iraqis did it for a fraction of the cost..

The article itself was interesting for two reasons... 1.) The amount of money wasted & likely funneled to greedy hands based from corruption 2.) How many contracts went out to US Corporations. Another example was the money allocated to help implement the new currency within the banks and the costs... & that they even fell short of what was required to fulfill the the needs to pay for the implementation. Long-story short, it was basic foolish spending.

But - while also reading it, you get an idea on how much rebuilding has been done through funds allocated to Iraq. One would have to think that over the years, that the economy will have recovered. If you look at the unemployment rates, you can see that they've dropped significantly. While they are a region mostly dependent on Oil, their other sectors are vastly improving. Their % of income will always mostly be oil, because even as other sectors continue to grow, so will the oil sector. But what many fail to consider, as other sectors grow, the exports of those sectors will grow as well (Which may lead to increase foreign demand of their currency to pay for their goods). Agricultural, minerals, precious metals, livestock, fishing, etc. Than as manufacturering companies become functional and so forth, that'll improve. This is a factor most often not considered because so much emphasis is put on oil/crude for their country. Which during trade restrictions, that was basically the only thing they were even allow to export. But recent trade restrictions have been lifted and the economy is healing.

The people will likely soon benefit of a more glorious nation, just sadly, it appears the people at the top have to be greedy and try to maintain and increase their power first.

Yep, lots of waste and expense.  The 4-5T is higher than I have heard, by about 2x, but its possible (that of course includes the cost of medical care for vets etc, which you have to included to be realistic).  What a mess.  Iraq has a long way to go, Afghanistan even longer, and they seem more at risk to not make progress while Iraq I think is going in a good direction for Iraq.

It remains that you claim there were shipping containers stuffed full of dinar  I didn't say it was on pallets, I just used that to estimate the amount of dinar a container could hold (not on pallets it would be even more, I was just estimating a minimum).  Why hook up power to a container full of paper anyway?  Why would either Bush or Halliburton put their name on them, when if this actually occurred they most likely would have been shipped to front companies.  I still don't believe it.

As to your service and sacrifice, that is another matter and I thank you for that, and am sorry your were injured.  Have a great day yourself!

Edited by skeptic1138