Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

can anyone produce a link that says the dinar is pegged to the dollar ?

dontlop

so whatever they are doing its working ... its  returned to a stablized   arrangement ..

One more time, dontlop. How can the dinar be floating if you can't trade it on Forex?

Your argument seems to be trying to establish that the dinar is floating and pegged at the same time.

one more time RVPleaseToday .... i dont listen  to you ... .your here to argue . i would tell you to go argue with your lopster buddys ... but you support them so theres no arguement there is there..

hey ..i  make  one post in 12 hours and here you are ..  one minute later .. which means your here to  inpose nonsense .. you couldnt of possibly read the  the post oi posted to someone else .. if i wanted your advice iwould of tagged my comment to yours ..

i

i dont trust you  foir information .

i dont want your advice .. your degrading comments ..  i dont want nothing from you .. ok // so you can  pretend like your here to help all you want ..

i dont believe you on any thing .. you are responsible for the way i feel .. no one else ..

if your here to harrass me ..    your succeeding ..you are harrassing me ..so i hope your happy

• Upvote 1

"dont believe you on any thing .. you are responsible for the way i feel .. no one else .."

No, you are responsible for the way you feel. If you let anonymous posters on Internet forums control your feelings, you need to get out among the birds and furry creatures for awhile. Just sayin'.

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 1

If it were free floating it would be traded on Forex. It's not.

heres one of your buddys explaining the swiss dinars float ..

dontlop, on 16 Mar 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:snapback.png

so you think the swiss dinar was floated

In a sense that is correct, but only as a local currency. Its value in the economy of the north was likely set by the market.

dontlop, on 16 Mar 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:snapback.png

ya the kurds had their own market .. and it floated by itself in the hands of a few who didnt exchange them in when they were demonetized..

Yes, that is correct (a local market, not an international one), though a few million who didn't exchange.

i guess it depends on the arguement

Hell, we all know what their doing. We don't need links to figure that out. I just want them to raise this thing already or let it float. A small reward for speculating a ROI.

i understand i was trying to avoid rhetoric. i guees thats impossible

did ya look at what i showed you ..the iraqi rate compared to the dollar ..?

on that link ..

they do appear to have things back to normal ,, just a different rate since it was normal

http://www.unjspf.org/UNJSPF_Web/page.jsp?page=FullExchangeRts  link un  exchange rates .

• Upvote 1

if you do .. scroll all the way through each rate  especially iraq .. back to its original rate of .031

its either monetary units are pegged to the dollar  or the dollar is pegged to the monetary unit ..

i believe its set up that one monetary unit at the imf equals one dollar

it is the standard for all currencys

• Upvote 1

OIL is pegged to the dollar. This is what has a strong hold on world currencies. It is also what might be confusing some here.

The good old USA bought the current paper Iraqi Dinar. We essentially own their currency. Yet, politically we do not control it. We are a vested outside party, who holds an important interest in seeing Iraq do well. This is why we have sent people over to Iraq to help guide them.

The news in my view is sketchy at best. Yet, logic on my part says this investment will produce well.

The government of Iraq has jumped through many hoops in the last two years and now there are little left. This is what gives me some hope in terms of a time line.

Someone knows the when but to disclose that would be impossible to recieve. So if you think inside trading is illegal multiply that many time over on this secret intel. So IMHO don't trust anyone who says they know... The time line.

Peace my fellow investors.

I hope this fairs well soon...

• Upvote 1

if you do .. scroll all the way through each rate  especially iraq .. back to its original rate of .031

its either monetary units are pegged to the dollar  or the dollar is pegged to the monetary unit ..

i believe its set up that one monetary unit at the imf equals one dollar

it is the standard for all currencys

The SDR is valued based on a basket of currencies (the major portion of the basket is USD).

1 SDR is currently approx $1.50 US

The SDR is valued based on a basket of currencies (the major portion of the basket is USD).

1 SDR is currently approx $1.50 US

thanks .. i wanst quite sure how that works .. that makes more sense now ..since they would  be with all the money out there

i thought it took 1.50 to buy a sdr   for the us because of inflation

like they started out as one monetary unit .. equals one dollar .. equals one sdr .. and inflation  caused it to now cost 1.50 ..

.i have been a little confused on that

i still  havent heard form anyone on that curency  exhange rate link i put up .. from the un  pension ..

if they did click on iraq .. and scxroll down throuh the years .. and you can see where it was stableized to the dollar perfectly .. with out a glitch for decades .. then we had all the termoil  for a number of years .. and how its stablized ... once again since 2010 ..

that link is the best ive found   for comparing  the rates over  i think it shows about 35 years ..

Edited by dontlop

that link was one of the main reasons i brought up .. this question .. it is now ..just like it used to be .. pegged without a glitch .. a constant  exchange rate  like it used to be .. and this link .. is how you see it ...

http://www.unjspf.org/UNJSPF_Web/page.jsp?page=FullExchangeRts

just click iraq into the country catagory and scroll down to the bottom looking at all the years .. and you see a pattern ..

they did mention the exchange regime changing on the imf link ..

now .. you see if you look at the link .. its back to normal...

all thats left is rate change ..and maintance of that rate

just for fun when your done with iraq . click on united states and scroll down ..

the us dollar is the standard for all rates

The Iraqi Dinar is not fixed/pegged to the U.S. Dollar.  It is, however, valued according to the petrodollar, which is pegged to the USD.  There is a big difference.  There is also a big difference between that concept and the concept of Iraq's exchange rate regime.  

Petrodollar:

Worldwide, oil is priced on the USD.  If Iraq sells a barrel of oil to England, England pays the equivalent $120 petrodollars - which, for them would be $78.22 British Pounds.  If Iraq sold a barrel of oil to Japan, Japan would pay the equivalent of $120 petrodollars - which, for them would be $11,8866 Yen.  If Iraq sells a barrel of oil to the US, the US pays the equivalent of $120 petrodollars - which, for the US, would be $120 USD.

Iraq's currency is valued based in the price of oil - which is pegged to the USD.  If you are still confused about that concept, or if you're thinking there is no difference between the value coming from the USD or the petrodollar, then you might want to read up on the topic of "petrodollar wars".

Iraq's Exchange Rate Regime:

Iraq's exchange rate regime is that of a managed float.  That means, it trades on the foreign market - but within confines.  China recently began doing this after eons of having their currency at a fixed rate.  The IQD does not free float against other currencies because doing so is a very economically risky move for an emerging nation due to the inherent volatility of the foreign exchange market.

In addition to the United States petrodollar, a petrodollar can also refer to the Canadian dollar in transactions that involve the sale of Canadian oil to other nations.

Large inflow of petrodollar in a country often has a impact on the value of its currency. For Canada it was shown that an increase of 10% in the price of oil increases the Canadian dollar value versus the US dollar by 3%[2] and vice versa

gainesm, you are arguing a distinction without a difference. What is the point you are trying to make?

The Euro is even more unstable than the dollar. What difference would it make to sell oil in Euros rather than dollars?

As stated elsewhere - I'm clearing up an area of confusion for dontlop who was trying to mix apples with volkswagons.  It is not possible to understand the deeper concepts without having a good grasp of the basic ones.

I do disagree with you about the distinction making no differences, because we've already seen the difference historically - and it with the price of oil changing to be based on the Euro instead of the USD.  It made a hell of a lot of difference prior to 2003 when oil began to be sold in Euros.  The oil exporters continued to trade - but in Euros, while a domino effect had and the USD headed toward an unprecedented level of sudden depreciation.

Iraq's currency is not pegged to the USD.  It is, however, heavily dependent upon the USD because of the petrodollars.  That is the difference, and it is a distinct differences, and since the explanation helped dontlop understand the other concepts - that is really all I care about.

Iraq's currency is pegged to the USD. I can't understand why it is important to some to argue that point. 

I know what you mean.  I have no idea why some people insist on holding onto an incorrect belief as if it were fact - and then insist on inflicting their misrepresentation upon others.  I suppose if I could understand that, I wouldn't be annoyed by the gurus so often.  

In any case, as long as dontlop now has the factual information and a good foundation for some self-education on the topic, all is well. :)

So the Euro dollar would be transactions that involve the sale of European oil to other nations. Got it.

How much oil does Europe export?

a little over 2 million barrels a day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_exports

lots of countrys export oil

2.19 million barrels a day from europe .