Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Understanding What Jesus Suffered: He was Whipped

Markinsa

Yes I have seen it happen in the past. A heated religious debate and someone was banned because they didn't tow the company line. If the muzzle has been taken off I would love to debate.

Botzwana, I have had several debates/discussions with individuals on DV about religious and non religious topics.  I express my point of view clearly and rather pointedly at time, but I have never been ban from discussion.  If you respect the other person and attack the proposition being discussed, you will not have a problem.  Those who start attacking the person and calling them names and question their origin of birth reveal both their inability to control emotions and their lack of skill at discussing an issue. 

If there is a discussion on biblical things, and I am assuming that this is the case on this thread, then the authority and final decision should originate from the Bible. 

Enter into the discussion.  It will be like "iron sharping iron."

• Upvote 1

Botzwana, I have had several debates/discussions with individuals on DV about religious and non religious topics.  I express my point of view clearly and rather pointedly at time, but I have never been ban from discussion.  If you respect the other person and attack the proposition being discussed, you will not have a problem.  Those who start attacking the person and calling them names and question their origin of birth reveal both their inability to control emotions and their lack of skill at discussing an issue. 

If there is a discussion on biblical things, and I am assuming that this is the case on this thread, then the authority and final decision should originate from the Bible. 

Enter into the discussion.  It will be like "iron sharping iron."

plus 1 to you.

Botswana, by the time I had written my response others have comment along with your comments. I want to give a quick answer to them and then get back to your comments.

KK, you are probably correct, but the questions from Botswana came in this thread.  If the Mods wish, we can move to another.

Joekooltrips, I believe you have entered another element into the equation, the interpretation of Scripture by men.  That takes us into a completely different direction.  When man's doctrine and doctrinal bias come into play you will have hundreds of points going into a thousand directions.  It would be best to hold that for another thread and time.  JMO.  

Thank you, Mark. As difficult as this was to read, it was very informative. My heart was broken before I knew how brutal the beating He took FOR ME was. The pain He felt while atoning FOR ME in Gethsemane as he bled from every pore FOR MY sins and illnesses and pains and problems was overwhelming enough... but this... 

Thank you... I am further humbled...

KK

To everyone's reply and remarkable contribution to this thread, KK, I jumped yours, it was shorter. Slay was born a sinner, as we all are. I'm not necessarily proud of what I've done in my life. Some good, some bad, and some right down horrible. I consider it time well spent. We are all a work in progress. When the gong tolls, you're on call. You decide where you are when it's your turn.

• Upvote 1

Botswana, by the time I had written my response others have comment along with your comments. I want to give a quick answer to them and then get back to your comments.

KK, you are probably correct, but the questions from Botswana came in this thread.  If the Mods wish, we can move to another.

Joekooltrips, I believe you have entered another element into the equation, the interpretation of Scripture by men.  That takes us into a completely different direction.  When man's doctrine and doctrinal bias come into play you will have hundreds of points going into a thousand directions.  It would be best to hold that for another thread and time.  JMO.  

No problem Nelg, will do, thx and with respect.  :)

I thank you as well.  I felt as if the thread had been "hijacked."  :tiphat:

Here is something for this thread to consider.  When Christ suffered "the wrath of God" was it during the three days He was in Hades?  That is, did Jesus suffer the separation, pain, and wrath that we would/will suffer after Judgment? 

I thank you as well.  I felt as if the thread had been "hijacked."  :tiphat:

Here is something for this thread to consider.  When Christ suffered "the wrath of God" was it during the three days He was in Hades?  That is, did Jesus suffer the separation, pain, and wrath that we would/will suffer after Judgment? 

That's an interesting point.  There was a gentlemen that was on TBN that described a stay he had in hell, and he described hell as having none of the attributes of God.  If there was separation between the God the Father and Jesus, would God the Father's attributes no longer be available to Jesus while he was separated?

-

The suffering of Christ was to spare the human race similar sufferings.

Barabbas’s crucifixion was the first commuted by Christ’s crucifixion.

It was not only commuted be he was released from Roman custody.

Christ took on the sins of the world, not only as a man but also as God.

It’s unimaginable to my mind the resilience that God has.

He Lives

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (the way, the truth, the life)

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (gathered in the way, with the truth, and in the life)

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.(my interaction with my fellow man is an exact reflection of my relationship with God)

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?(Jesus identified mankind as being evil)

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.(Jesus is always present in truthful confession and forgiveness is always received)

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.(Jesus identified the extent of our dilution) 

That's an interesting point.  There was a gentlemen that was on TBN that described a stay he had in hell, and he described hell as having none of the attributes of God.  If there was separation between the God the Father and Jesus, would God the Father's attributes no longer be available to Jesus while he was separated?

-

yes Mark there have been several such testimonies I have seen in recent years....and like Jesus's story of the rich man and Lazarus....there is clearly a hell to shun and a heaven to gain...and yet some will not believe even though  Jesus ROSE from the dead....JESUS IS ALIVE !!

Concerning the question of where Jesus went during the 3 days in the tomb: Jesus told the "thief" at the crucifixion that "today you will be with me in Paradise."   Then in Acts 2:27, a quote from Ps. 16 in Peter's sermon at Pentecost, "Because Thou wilt not abandon my soul to Hades, Nor allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay."  In Hades (not Hell) the place of torment is separated from Paradise by a great gulf.  If Jesus suffered the "wrath of God" it would be in tartarus.

But my major point is this: Jesus bore our sins and shed His blood for our forgiveness; that was at the cross.  Therefore my sins have been forgiven at Calvary.  Jesus in Hades suffered the "wrath of God" on our behalf.  The justice of God is satisfied.  For me, that means that I will never stand before God to be judged for sin, since they are forgiven and removed, nor will I ever be punished for sin!  Jesus has already taken my punishment as well!  

HOW GREAT IS OUT GOD!!!!  HOW WONDERFUL THE SALVATION IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD!!!

• Upvote 1