Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 3-27-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

[Adam Montana] morning all, let's do the weekly!

[
Adam Montana] This one should be fairly short, which is great for those of us with ADHD and/or flights to catch    

[
Adam Montana] the current state of the Dinar is as follows...

[
Adam Montana] First, no change in the value at this time. There is no official announcement on a change this week, despite what some of the guru's neighbor's gardener's banker saw on a screen.

[
Adam Montana] Second, no change in Chapter 7 or HCL. In fact, this week has been surprisingly slow and quiet for news on those two matters... but if you've been following this topic for any amount of time, you will probably understand that Iraq ebbs and flows. Many times we see a flurry of articles for a week or two... and then silence.

[
Adam Montana] The bottom line is that we don't need to freak out when there is a week or so of silence. It's just the natural way things move over there. Although there wasn't anything big to discuss over the last week or so, it's only a short matter of time before things pick back up. :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] With that short summary out of the way, we have a short list of questions this morning. kcw, if you please!

[TexasGranny] Benelli Thanks again for everything, Adam. Could you explain the significance and role of the IMF in regards to IQD value and RV?

[
Adam Montana] That's a good question. The truth of the matter is that the IMF is not in control of the rate - Iraq is. The CBI sets the buy and sell rate at whatever price they want, period.

[
Adam Montana] Having the IMFs support would never be a bad thing, of course! But they do not set the rate. :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] next please!
[TexasGranny] ALBUNDY Hi Mr. Adam montana. What do you think about this article? Do you think we are close to the RV Mr. Adam montana?Thank you very much for taking your time to answer it.

[
Adam Montana] Hi Albundy, I believe the article was regarding an opinion or proposal to remove the 0's this year or next in order to combat counterfeiting

[
Adam Montana] There has been idle talk about removing the 0's for years, and several dates have been given, and also several reasons have been given

[
Adam Montana] The debate on why or how they would remove the 0's can go on for years, but the bottom line is that until they DO it, it's just a debate... nothing more. When they decide to raise the value, certain notes will eventually be pulled from circulation after a time, and they will eventually redenominate their notes. But when, why, or how remains to be seen.

[
Adam Montana] Next please!
[TexasGranny] sandfly ha adam, snow on the hills here. How do you feel about imf, and wb relineing the banks. How does that help us.

[
Adam Montana] Good question    I answered it partly up above - the IMF really doesn't have a ton to do with the value of the dinar, so they can't help us too much. However, I wanted to address the "realignment" of the banks.

[
Adam Montana] What people sometimes fail to understand is that the since the Iraqi Dinar is pegged to the USD, and is therefore a fiat currency (not backed directly by anything with real value such as Gold), the actual value of the currency is a completely made up number. It's basically whatever they say it is, regardless of what does (or doesn't) support that value. If they want to say it's $3 - Boom! It's $3.

[
Adam Montana] The whole "realignment" is more for fudging the numbers to keep the made up value from getting too far out of whack.

[
Adam Montana] Good question, and I know I glossed over a lot of things... if any of my answer was confusing, check wikipedia for "fiat currency" and that will help you understand. :twothumbs:

[
[TexasGranny] scottch Adam, I have not asked a question for quite a while, My question is, with all the articles and info that I have seen and read it looks good for an RV this year. Do you think it will happen this year or will we still be waiting until lext spring? Also, in the news section there was an article stating that the CBI will delete the three zeros in early 2014 to eliminate the forged currency, do you think that this will happen? and do you think that the IQD will RV before that happens?

[
Adam Montana] I already addressed the 0's, so I'll ignore that part. The first part is asking for my opinion, and here it is - I DO believe things are very much ready for a major move. If Iraq thinks they are ready, then they will do it... the question of when is totally up to them.

[
[TexasGranny]
terrilynn Hi Adam, A few articles talk about removing Iraq from Chapter 7 to Chapter 6, or Chapter 8. What are the differences? Thank you in advance. Hoping our Easter will be a special celebration.

[
Adam Montana] Hi terrilynn, good question! It is a good thing for us to understand how Chapter 7 fits into the biig picture - I addressed it at length in my book RV Intel (page 22-25 I believe?) - if you are a VIP member, download the book at this link: http://iqd.me/l/rvintel

[
Adam Montana] Here's the summary... Chapter 7 includes Articles 39 through 51 of the Charter of the United Nations. The headline of Chapter 7 is this:

[
Adam Montana] "Action with respect to threats to the peace, breaches of peace, and acts of aggression".

[
Adam Montana] So, that's the summary... I spent several pages going over it in the book, so it's hard to give an accurate and fair summary in this medium. I will look for a link to the actual Charter and post it in the forums later :twothumbs:

[
[TexasGranny] Candy01 Hello Adam, I have read a lot online lately that if the RV does not happen by April 15th, then it won't happen for the rest of 2013. What do you think of this??

[
Adam Montana] Hi Candy - that sounds like speculation to me. There is no law or rule or guideline to back that theory up, so we have to chalk it up for what it really is... just a theory.

[
Adam Montana] next please!
[TexasGranny] millionaire in training Hey Adam, Having had you finger on their pulse for sooooo long now do you feel theres any possibility that there might be a limited cash in time or do you lean more towards us being able to wait for the rate to go up. I know its a tough call, but I just want to know what you think ?

[
Adam Montana] I do indeed believe we will have a definite time frame to cash in our large notes. If the value comes out low, the CBI would be much better off to maintain a low value and mandate a specific exchange period, such as 90 days, before continuing to raise the value after that.

[
Adam Montana] If the RV comes out high, then I believe the length of time to exchange will be longer - but eventually they will want to get the "old" notes off the street and introduce a new currency for all the reasons they have and currently state

[
Adam Montana] now, either situation is good - if it comes out low and we are forced to cash in, there will be other ways to continue to ride the value up. As a member of my VIP group, I will be introducing you to various options. If it comes out high, we still get to continue to invest even after taking a substantial profit... so I guess we win either way, don't we? :twothumbs:

[
Adam Montana] Ok everyone, thanks for your patience as always! Although not much was done this last few days, an old adage comes to mind... sometimes, no news is good news.

[
Adam Montana] ............ aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd we wait :lol:

[
Adam Montana] Till next week! :tiphat:

• Upvote 10

Adam

I respectfully disagree that the IMF and WB have little or nothing to do with the RV. Iraq is our client state. They are under our influence in many ways. The US influences these two international agencies profoundly.

Can you give me the rationale behind your judgment that the IMF is not influencing the RV or rate? 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

[Adam Montana] What people sometimes fail to understand is that the since the Iraqi Dinar is pegged to the USD, and is therefore a fiat currency (not backed directly by anything with real value such as Gold), the actual value of the currency is a completely made up number. It's basically whatever they say it is, regardless of what does (or doesn't) support that value. If they want to say it's $3 - Boom! It's $3.

[Adam Montana] The whole "realignment" is more for fudging the numbers to keep the made up value from getting too far out of whack.

I am so glad you have addressed this issue Adam... and in a lot more concise explanation than I could ever dream of being able to do!!! ;)   Not to put anyone down, but it seems some folks think they have to add up all of Iraq's resources, crunch some numbers and "whalla" they figure out what rate Iraq can support.   That thinking comes from not understanding the nature of fiat currency.... not to oversimplify it, but as you stated... "it is what they say it is"... period!!!   Could they say it's going to be the highest rate in the M.E... .absolutely!!!  Will they come out of the gate with that high rate?  Time will tell... but imho they almost have to come out pretty quickly to that higher rate if they want to keep the late comers from jumping on board.  Think about it... if they came out at a $1.00 but tipped their hand that that it would go up to say $3.00 who wouldn't jump on that?  Triple your money in a short time... why not?  That's just my thinking though... and as I said... time will tell! 

Thanks for postin' Viz, and TG for fielding the questions,  and as always... thanks for the chat Adam!!!  :tiphat:

• Upvote 11

I am so glad you have addressed this issue Adam... and in a lot more concise explanation than I could ever dream of being able to do!!! ;)   Not to put anyone down, but it seems some folks think they have to add up all of Iraq's resources, crunch some numbers and "whalla" they figure out what rate Iraq can support.   That thinking comes from not understanding the nature of fiat currency.... not to oversimplify it, but as you stated... "it is what they say it is"... period!!!   Could they say it's going to be the highest rate in the M.E... .absolutely!!!  Will they come out of the gate with that high rate?  Time will tell... but imho they almost have to come out pretty quickly to that higher rate if they want to keep the late comers from jumping on board.  Think about it... if they came out at a $1.00 but tipped their hand that that it would go up to say $3.00 who wouldn't jump on that?  Triple your money in a short time... why not?  That's just my thinking though... and as I said... time will tell! 

Thanks for postin' Viz, and TG for fielding the questions,  and as always... thanks for the chat Adam!!!  :tiphat:

true....many dont understand the basics of currency.

but instead of adding new value to a fiat currency.....fiat currencies have redenomimated 43 times in the ast hundred years

Those countries couldve just deemed their fiat currency worth more....but redenominated because of printing too much currency. so its all up in the air as to what they do

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

true....many dont understand the basics of currency.

but instead of adding new value to a fiat currency.....fiat currencies have redenomimated 43 times in the ast hundred years

Those countries couldve just deemed their fiat currency worth more....but redenominated because of printing too much currency. so its all up in the air as to what they do

It's not up in the Air Iraq did not print to much currency and they know exactly how much is out there , so you can't compare them to those countries at all!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Happy Easter to all at DV!!!  Thank you for your chats.  I really enjoyed your explanation  on how the Dinar is a fiat currency and they can set the rate where they want, within reason.  I also enjoyed reading about Vizioiraqi explanation that iraq knows what currencies are out there, and they did not print too much currency. 'THANKS'

• Upvote 3

It's not up in the Air Iraq did not print to much currency and they know exactly how much is out there , so you can't compare them to those countries at all!!!

he likes to compare it to turkey who had a m2 of 56 quadrillion turkish lira out ..he sees no differance ..

turkey has around a 15 billion a year gold mining  industry .. its limited by the cost involved  in the mining process ..

iraq is just a matter of signing contracts  to drill  a few  holes inthe ground and pumping out the oil to raise its income   to meet its  financial obligations for  maintaining  its obligations .. iraq is not recklessly  spending out of control,  and inflation is almost zero in iraq , iraqs debt  to gdp is sustainable .. things in iraq are linning up with out a rd .

some people think that every time someone uses a currency it must be verified  that its backed at the cbi ..

the currency just  circulates

iraq has a trade surplus every year .. they are not losing a penny .. they are gaining constantly

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Very true,V.They know what's out there.

they say approx 70 trillion in m2...over 30 trillion "currency outside banks". So i agree....they know how much currency they have.

he likes to compare it to turkey who had a m2 of 56 quadrillion turkish lira out ..he sees no differance ..

turkey has around a 15 billion a year gold mining  industry .. its limited by the cost involved  in the mining process ..

iraq is just a matter of signing contracts  to drill  a few  holes inthe ground and pumping out the oil to raise its income   to meet its  financial obligations for  maintaining  its obligations .. iraq is not recklessly  spending out of control,  and inflation is almost zero in iraq , iraqs debt  to gdp is sustainable .. things in iraq are linning up with out a rd .

some people think that every time someone uses a currency it must be verified  that its backed at the cbi ..

the currency just  circulates

iraq has a trade surplus every year .. they are not losing a penny .. they are gaining constantly

dontlop...out of respect for adams thread i dropped it. This can be discussed in another thread.

by the way iraq is by passing its goal of 5 trillion dollars and 60 bilion barrels over the next 20 years .. simple math shows where they are at  with production, they are more likely to hit 7 trillion dollars  in production  over the next 20 years .

• Upvote 2

they say approx 70 trillion in m2...over 30 trillion "currency outside banks". So i agree....they know how much currency they have.

dontlop...out of respect for adams thread i dropped it. This can be discussed in another thread.

How about this instead...  out of respect for Adam's SITE, you and the other Lopsters bring that same respect into the Lopster Tank?!!   I'm wondering if any of you would "talk" to Adam in there, the way you do to those that support his views and thesis?!!

It's one thing to discuss alternative outcomes... but quite another to trash the viewpoint of the owner.   And that goes on daily!

It's really time for one of you guys to start your own LOP website.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How about this instead...  out of respect for Adam's SITE, you and the other Lopsters bring that same respect into the Lopster Tank?!!   I'm wondering if any of you would "talk" to Adam in there, the way you do to those that support his views and thesis?!!

It's one thing to discuss alternative outcomes... but quite another to trash the viewpoint of the owner.   And that goes on daily!

number one....i just know a lops a possibility..end of story. maybe others want to pound it in your face everyday....but i attempt to be civil and discuss that subject as an adult.. if an opinion has no validity....i will challenge and question...to gain more knowledge of someones stance.

here i put forth. a little respect......and you want crap on my attempt?

number one....i just know a lops a possibility..end of story. maybe others want to pound it in your face everyday....but i attempt to be civil and discuss that subject as an adult.. if an opinion has no validity....i will challenge and question...to gain more knowledge of someones stance.

here i put forth. a little respect......and you want crap on my attempt?

this is adams site...if i disagree.....i silently disagree. im not here to challenge adams every word and try to p off all the members.

if you want a private site theres plenty out there. im following the rules. p.s. its the cbi saying delete three zeroes....no one else. we are just stuck trying to figure out what it means.

do you have anything to say about the dinar? This is a dinar website...you know. here you want to personaly attack me for being respectable. your the problem jack

yes....the lop topic....is the most divisive subject on the forums. it gets heated....but at the end of the day....i can be a gentleman....come on the next day and be civil with the same people i disagree with 24 hours ago.
  • Upvote 2