Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anybody Having Hard Times ?

one2one

LOST FATHER, THEN LOST MOTHER,THEN MY WIFE SPENT 1 MONTH IN HOSPITAL.TALK ABOUT HARD TIMES.ALL WITH IN 3 MONTHS.LOST MY JOB ON TOP OF ALL THAT.I STILL HAVE MY DINAR.BARLEY.

Hang on... I wish you the Best. Things will change for the better.

Evened him out...

Thanks. That's appreciated.

LOST FATHER, THEN LOST MOTHER,THEN MY WIFE SPENT 1 MONTH IN HOSPITAL.TALK ABOUT HARD TIMES.ALL WITH IN 3 MONTHS.LOST MY JOB ON TOP OF ALL THAT.I STILL HAVE MY DINAR.BARLEY.

Hang in there my friend. Even though you are going through hard times, just be glad you are alive and breathing.

I just found a good job--first time in 2 years.

I went from living on food stamps and living in homeless shelters :

to making $ 12,000 a month :

life is strange sometimes

Good for you in finding your job. Now i am sure you will appreciate what you now have and hope you can find it in your heart to help others who are not so fortunate. Congratulations to you!!!!

• Upvote 2

Thank you for posting this, is is encouraging to hear that someone is successful with this mess.  To those of you still trying, don't give up hope, we are behind you and pray that you will also be successful.  We may have a great impact on the job market when so many of us leave our jobs making openings for others once we are able to exchange.

• Upvote 2

God bless you poorman. Hang tough because we are going to get paid soon!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hang on... I wish you the Best. Things will change for the better.

Things will change for the better? Really? I have found over the last few years that it is when you hit bottom that you think you have nowhere to go but up, and then it all seems to be getting better ... whoopee!!!! ... But it is usually just the bottom of the bounce ... and at least I have found that it is just one in a series of bounces ... from the worst to a little better, and then back to the worst again, and a little better again, and the worst ... well, you get the idea.

In a relatively short space of time my own life went from bad, to really bad, to much worse, and then, thanks to a former member on this forum, who may be skulking about under another name, I hit the worst it can be. I thought I was helping someone out and ended up just proving that not only am I old, and alone, and disabled ... now I am also almost broke and have proved I have a heart where my brain should be. Word of caution ... don't ... repeat do not ... give anyone money even if they promise to pay it back. Trying to help someone else is where I went wrong I guess. I should have been looking after me first. It is just that I don't think that way. 

Sorry, sometimes I just have to let go and release some of the tension. 

For those who believe the good times are on their way ... I hope with all my heart that you are right!

smee2

• Upvote 2

For those who believe the good times are on their way ... I hope with all my heart that you are right!

smee2

Smee... you remind me of a war weary soldier... seen so much, experienced so much... full of life's experience's, and it's not always coming up roses.  It's very easy to get cynical when someone touts their view of PMA.... don't get me wrong... I think life with a positive mental attitude is better than not... but even with that it doesn't always "go our way"... and you smile deep inside when you realize there is a testing of fire that comes and doesn't always relent... and those spoutin' their gleeful view... life is tough sometimes... o.k.... a lot of times... but it's worth it, and it beats the alternative dear.  I like what one fella said... if you wake up without a white chalk line around your body... it's a good day!!!  :woot:   Not that I'm afraid of what lies beyond... I'm just sayin' if ya'll are still breathing, then their is a reason.  Does that make it any easier?  ... not necessarily, but I'm not sayin' nothin' you don't know already dear... but let me say this as a reminder... us younger folk need the input from those who have gone through what would kill this younger generation and have survived... we need that assurance that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so to speak!  You may loose sight of that at times... but we do need ya dear... and we will take ya on your good days or your bad ones... because in spite of the storms that have pummeled you ... your still standing!!!    Respectful Salute!!!  :salute:  :blush: 

one2one... we rejoice with those who rejoice... and we are glad for your success!!! :backflip: 

And we weep with those who are strugglin'!   :( 

• Upvote 2

I know the feeling. I lost my business after 22 years, wife feel and shattered her ankle, in a wheelchair for 10 weeks. Mom died and 45 days later my Dad. Can't make more than $14,500 a year because of Social Security. l bought a house just before the crash and it is now worth about 50% of what I have in it. My wife had breast cancer in 2008, hip replacement in 2009 and again in 2010. Now she has memory problems and has not driven in the last 3 years. All you can do is thank God for all you have and get through it one day at a time. Like what he said " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

• Upvote 1

Smee... you remind me of a war weary soldier... seen so much, experienced so much... full of life's experience's, and it's not always coming up roses.  It's very easy to get cynical when someone touts their view of PMA.... don't get me wrong... I think life with a positive mental attitude is better than not... but even with that it doesn't always "go our way"... and you smile deep inside when you realize there is a testing of fire that comes and doesn't always relent... and those spoutin' their gleeful view... life is tough sometimes... o.k.... a lot of times... but it's worth it, and it beats the alternative dear.  I like what one fella said... if you wake up without a white chalk line around your body... it's a good day!!!  :woot:   Not that I'm afraid of what lies beyond... I'm just sayin' if ya'll are still breathing, then their is a reason.  Does that make it any easier?  ... not necessarily, but I'm not sayin' nothin' you don't know already dear... but let me say this as a reminder... us younger folk need the input from those who have gone through what would kill this younger generation and have survived... we need that assurance that "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so to speak!  You may loose sight of that at times... but we do need ya dear... and we will take ya on your good days or your bad ones... because in spite of the storms that have pummeled you ... your still standing!!!    Respectful Salute!!!  :salute:  :blush: 

one2one... we rejoice with those who rejoice... and we are glad for your success!!! :backflip: 

And we weep with those who are strugglin'!   :( 

Wow Rod, I couldn't of said it any better.  So much truth to what you wrote.  We all have our days and we all feel we can't take another day, but for some reason (I know the reason) I am standing still.  And will stand, until I can't stand no more. 

• Upvote 1

Having money dosen't necessarily mean times are grand. I bring in 5 grand a month in dissability income,but am to ill to go out and have any good times.

I have Addison Disease, nerve damage in my legs,my back is a wreck. I also have Macular Degeneration and problems with Pituitary Gland along with hyperhidrosis. My hormonal system is out of whack to boot. Then to top it off, my dr told me that I should have a knee and hip replacement done. All these problems appear to stem from exposure to Agent Orange while in the Navy years ago.

So now I spend most of my time sick and at home. I hate to travel as I never know when I will laps into an Adrinal Crisis.

I also spend about 7days a month going to dr. Appt.

If you have been out of work for a long time and bounced with a good job or are still on the down side of life, I respect you all. Don't ever wish that you could be disable so that you don't have to work, because it is not fun.

As for One2one, I cheer you and your family in your recovery.

Good luck

• Upvote 3

I was laid off February 2009, I have not been as lucky. I am glad you found something. After about 1200 job applications, it gets discourageing, but I keep looking and keep applying. I refuse to give up. I WILL find something.

Nevada Sam......1200 job applications?   Holy sxxt... I'm impressed... Your determination is commendable... I do wish you the Best, my Friend.

Things will change for the better? Really? I have found over the last few years that it is when you hit bottom that you think you have nowhere to go but up, and then it all seems to be getting better ... whoopee!!!! ... But it is usually just the bottom of the bounce ... and at least I have found that it is just one in a series of bounces ... from the worst to a little better, and then back to the worst again, and a little better again, and the worst ... well, you get the idea.

In a relatively short space of time my own life went from bad, to really bad, to much worse, and then, thanks to a former member on this forum, who may be skulking about under another name, I hit the worst it can be. I thought I was helping someone out and ended up just proving that not only am I old, and alone, and disabled ... now I am also almost broke and have proved I have a heart where my brain should be. Word of caution ... don't ... repeat do not ... give anyone money even if they promise to pay it back. Trying to help someone else is where I went wrong I guess. I should have been looking after me first. It is just that I don't think that way. 

smee2

Smee... That is at least what  I'd like for him. That things will get better...I sincerely hope so.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2